• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

SMZC

I am on the Pro and not having stutters, maybe it was a one time thing?

Seems very hit or miss, sometimes the whole match is plagued by short yet very often stutter, other times it just happens a small handful of times per match. Maybe (hopefully) it's just lag, but I played the game on the OG PS4 to hell and back and never noticed this issue, whereas now on the Pro it seems to happen every single match.

Neolombax

So, no one every plays any other Titan than Tone? At least based on the last ten matches I played. Okay.

Is this like a region thing? Because I see a quite varied population of Titans. I myself am trying out Legion now, was previously using Ion, Scorch and Northstar. Stopped using those once I reached G2.

X-Frame

What aiming Responsive Curve is everyone using? I just bought the game, coming from Destiny if that helps.

There seems to be a pretty big difference between ADS and hip fire sensitivity.

What aiming Responsive Curve is everyone using? I just bought the game, coming from Destiny if that helps.

Played a ton of Destiny on PS4, I use default settings when using the XB1 controller on PC. Feels great. You'll get used to it.

Strider

I use "classic" but I think that's actually the default in the full release... It wasn't in the tech test though.

TF2 plays great right out of the box even if you change nothing IMO. Really shouldn't take long to get adjusted from Destiny...

Only thing I did end up changing was the dead zones which I switched from "small" to "none."

Wow so in the original Titanfall each map had its own story?

I just saw some videos on youtube and they looked pretty awesome.

It's a shame they axed that in this game because it looked like they added some flavour to the multiplayer matches.

Schlorgan

Wow so in the original Titanfall each map had its own story?

I just saw some videos on youtube and they looked pretty awesome.

It's a shame they axed that in this game because it looked like they added some flavour to the multiplayer matches.

The campaign in the first game was MP matches with cutscenes/in-match dialogue.

E92 M3

Worst feeling: bringing a Titan to 1 shot and having it stolen. FeelsBadMan

Edit:

Scratch that, feels worse to be put into a game that has a 250 point difference.

LowSignal

So, no one every plays any other Titan than Tone? At least based on the last ten matches I played. Okay.
I only play as legion and haven't had any issues, tone is the hardest guy to fight against as a titan or a pilot. Tone has great accuracy and good damage and the shield last a long time

I prefer the volt. Can't really articulate why, but it feels better to me.

Made it to G2 and still obsessed with this game.

volt has higher accuracy and stability but the rof and projectile speed is lower than the car i believe.

My favorite weapons still end up being the hemlock, the devolution and the flatline.

KodaRuss

I only play as legion and haven't had any issues, tone is the hardest guy to fight against as a titan or a pilot. Tone has great accuracy and good damage and the shield last a long time

As a usual Tone player a good Ion is a game changer imo. Seems like they always have that damn shield ready to block everything.

X-Frame

Played a ton of Destiny on PS4, I use default settings when using the XB1 controller on PC. Feels great. You'll get used to it.

I use "classic" but I think that's actually the default in the full release... It wasn't in the tech test though.

TF2 plays great right out of the box even if you change nothing IMO. Really shouldn't take long to get adjusted from Destiny...

Only thing I did end up changing was the dead zones which I switched from "small" to "none."

Thanks guys!

I was on Fine Aim which I wasn't feeling so switched back to Classic and turned off the Deadzones completely.

Which Button Layout are you using? Bumper Jumper is obviously the most similar to Destiny's Jumper layout, but then the Titan Tactical ability on the X button is terrible. Evolved seems to fix that.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
This looks cool with the execution taking place while projectiles are flying by:

1g6DKDw.gif

It does look cool. The only thing that bugs me about that execution is the way the victim's legs spring up and then snap back down. Very rigid, unnatural animation.

LowSignal

As a usual Tone player a good Ion is a game changer imo. Seems like they always have that damn shield ready to block everything.

Oh you are right, I don't know how many times I have watch an inexperienced pilot continue to shoot at an Ion titan that has his absorb shield up SMH.

I've said it before but it just needs to be said again at level 45.

This game controls so fucking beautifully, there is nothing that comes close to how fluid everything is, nothing. It's going to ruin shooters for me, I know it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I've said it before but it just needs to be said again at level 45.

This game controls so fucking beautifully, there is nothing that comes close to how fluid everything is, nothing. It's going to ruin shooters for me, I know it.

I've had one problem so far, sometimes jumping into windows can be a pain in the ass. Moving around the maps is so fluid though.

E92 M3

Got my faction to gen 10 and the advocate glitch happened. Got nothing. What a buzz kill.

Is there an emblem for Gen 10?

LowSignal

What's the point of vortex shield if all the other shields block it. The other ones last way longer. Feels like a waste.

Just wait for the right timing and situation. the vortex shield will last longer than what Legion's shield will so you can hang back, absorb the chaingun fire and wait for it's shield to drop and return to sender.

Hit Gen 4 tonight, this game is just too good. Respawn crafted an amazing experience.

They really did. Few things this game needs though in my opinion.

More maps, preferably the best ones from the last game since I know those are great, at least Angel City is confirmed.

I really want them to bring back Frontier Defense. For both co-op and solo.

Stats. I don't like when games don't show me my stats, I want to know how many kills I got, how I'm doing with this gun vs that gun. How many hours I've played etc.

Challenge tracking. So many times I complete a challenge and the green bar just flashes too fast for me to see.

At least Stats and more maps are on the way. That's 2 out of 4.

I don't expect us to get more than 4 maps though to be honest. No season pass does not equal 3-4 map packs with a few maps in each. It'l more than likely be a couple new modes, 3-4 maps and a shit load of cosmetic items, banners and patches.

iddqd

I know this is unpopular and terrible, but I would love to be able to pay for some unlocks.
I suck AND I don't have a lot of time to play so having a better gun/sight to use WHEN I get to play would be nice.
Unlocking stuff has been slow and I tend to be the guy people make their highlight reel video out of.

SwolBro

Banned
"Everyone plays Tone" is grossly exaggerated in my opinion and honestly it's very tiring.

Tone is like the arc cannon. People realize it's powerful and they rather have fun with something else but soon as a challenge arises or they're losing out comes the Tone(s)

I know this is unpopular and terrible, but I would love to be able to pay for some unlocks.
I suck AND I don't have a lot of time to play so having a better gun/sight to use WHEN I get to play would be nice.
Unlocking stuff has been slow and I tend to be the guy people make their highlight reel video out of.

Your starting weapons are already very powerful so I don't really see it as necessary. Play some more attrition and bounty hunt, killing AIs do increase weapon levels I believe.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
They really did. Few things this game needs though in my opinion.

More maps, preferably the best ones from the last game since I know those are great, at least Angel City is confirmed.

I really want them to bring back Frontier Defense. For both co-op and solo.

Stats. I don't like when games don't show me my stats, I want to know how many kills I got, how I'm doing with this gun vs that gun. How many hours I've played etc.

Challenge tracking. So many times I complete a challenge and the green bar just flashes too fast for me to see.

At least Stats and more maps are on the way. That's 2 out of 4.

I don't expect us to get more than 4 maps though to be honest. No season pass does not equal 3-4 map packs with a few maps in each. It'l more than likely be a couple new modes, 3-4 maps and a shit load of cosmetic items, banners and patches.

Not 100 percent sure, but I think Respawn is also rolling out Challenges as well.

And with you, man. I'm Gen2.18 and still liking it and discovering new things. I haven't touched BF1 that much and I'm a big BF fan. Everything is so tight, polished and the kits are balanced enough that I don't see any one thing dominate. I see a lot of people use Cloak, Stim, Hook, etc. and same with the weapons. Alternator, R201, Hemlock, etc. That's a mark of a well balanced game where you don't see the same weapons and kits in every person playing.

I think Vince Zampella tweeted that Frontier Defense won't be available "at launch" which means there's a good chance that it will be added in.

Stick with it. You get merits which you can later use to buy high-level stuff. It helps A LOT. I unlocked a few things right away using it. And yes, applies to Titans as well. :)

On another note, just played my first few matches on PS4 Pro and man! Looks so sexy. Everything looks cleaner, crisper and just noticeable difference. Details are more vivid too. :D

Also, not sure if it's the sales or people jumping back in after the elections, but I noticed the player counts are back to normal. Saw 15-16K during this time, and yesterday it was like at 12K. Nice.

Got a little extra money and I'm really considering picking this up on PC... but I'm worried about player counts. Someone assuage my fears.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Not 100 percent sure, but I think Respawn is also rolling out Challenges as well.

And with you, man. I'm Gen2.18 and still liking it and discovering new things. I haven't touched BF1 that much and I'm a big BF fan. Everything is so tight, polished and the kits are balanced enough that I don't see any one thing dominate. I see a lot of people use Cloak, Stim, Hook, etc. and same with the weapons. Alternator, R201, Hemlock, etc. That's a mark of a well balanced game where you don't see the same weapons and kits in every person playing.

I think Vince Zampella tweeted that Frontier Defense won't be available "at launch" which means there's a good chance that it will be added in.

Stick with it. You get merits which you can later use to buy high-level stuff. It helps A LOT. I unlocked a few things right away using it. And yes, applies to Titans as well. :)

On another note, just played my first few matches on PS4 Pro and man! Looks so sexy. Everything looks cleaner, crisper and just noticeable difference. Details are more vivid too. :D

Also, not sure if it's the sales or people jumping back in after the elections, but I noticed the player counts are back to normal. Saw 15-16K during this time, and yesterday it was like at 12K. Nice.

Just to add to my post, it seems the menu lag is gone in PS4 Pro! :D I meant when choosing camos and such. Either that or there's a server-side fix.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Tone is like the arc cannon. People realize it's powerful and they rather have fun with something else but soon as a challenge arises or they're losing out comes the Tone(s)

After taking each Titan to lvl 5 I just sort of latched onto Tone and will probably try to regen her before going back to the other Titans. She just feels fun. I don't have a particular game plan when a challenge rears its head, aside from switching pilot load outs.

I'm going to try and ignore as much of the meta for T2 as I can, because I'd rather just have a good time using stuff I naturally enjoy, rather than have people telling me what is OP/needs nerfing/to use in any given situation.

I like that T2 doesn't seem to rely too much on team comp despite the "heroic" nature of the Titans. I'm sure this will factor to a degree at professional level, but at least in public matches, it seems everyone can be effective in their own way, without being labelled a detriment to their team before they've even left the dropship.

Tl;dr: Tone best wifu.

Revas

Got a little extra money and I'm really considering picking this up on PC... but I'm worried about player counts. Someone assuage my fears.

I play at random times throughout the week and rarely noticed the wait between finding games of attrition or bounty hunt. I can't speak on the other modes. Usually I'm fiddling with my gear or looking at new unlocks and I'm placed into the next game.

Well, ended up ordering the game on Amazon for PS4 but seems like they ran out of stock. It'll ship out till the 18th. I traded in BF1 for it because I don't think I'm enjoying it as much as I thought I would.

And free DLC for Titanfall 2 won me over.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Pretty on the nose tbh.

Ronin was my most played for awhile but Tone is by a pretty wide margin now (near gen 3 on it). Basically when I play a Titan like Northstar, Ronin or Scorch I have fun but look at the score and sometimes feel like "welp need Tone to win" then make a comeback.

It's way easier to carry a match to victory with Tone moreso than any other Titan.

I've been trying to care about that less as I just make fuck around loadouts to level up though. But it's also really hard to not just snap pick Tone or Legion on maps like Crash Site or Complex.

Top Bottom