• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Raptor

After 4 hours of practice I finally was able to beat the gauntlet with 33.60 sec lols.

Felt awsome as all hell, now finally can play the campaign, Respawn, next time put this at the end of the game lol, for OCD people like me.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I'm hoping at the very least this game ends up having a very passionate and consistent fan base like Warhawk on PS3. There weren't hundreds of thousands of players on at any one time but there were still plenty of activity for well over a year.

Even up until after the tech test finished you could still find a game of Attrition or Frontier Defense on X1 for the first game, so I am certain the player base will be fine here if you are on console.

duxstar

After 4 hours of practice I finally was able to beat the gauntlet with 33.60 sec lols.

Felt awsome as all hell, now finally can play the campaign, Respawn, next time put this at the end of the game lol, for OCD people like me.

That gauntlet run is something else, Funnily enough this was my sequence of events

Run gauntlet, tried for 4 + hours first night I got the game and couldn't get it; Played a ton of multiplayer, came back to it yesterday, and had it within 20 minutes, it was grenade aiming that was the problem for me, and once i figured that out, it became so much easier.

Raptor

That gauntlet run is something else, Funnily enough this was my sequence of events

Run gauntlet, tried for 4 + hours first night I got the game and couldn't get it; Played a ton of multiplayer, came back to it yesterday, and had it within 20 minutes, it was grenade aiming that was the problem for me, and once i figured that out, it became so much easier.

Thats more or less what happened to me but my problem was the last part of it, I couldnt get the timing right for those 2 last enemies and always end up falling.

Last night I got it after maybe 3 tries, but I only played MP the second night and thats it, I was mad at myself that I couldnt get this that I refuse to do anything else but this till I get it even if it took me weeks lol.

Awesome stuff though.

Mupod

phase shift Devotion wasn't exactly game breaking cheese but it was pretty funny when it worked. Just popping out in front of people with that thing already going full tilt.

Does anyone else use that gun? I think I've settled on faster aim down sights, larger magazine and stock sights. The highlight scope makes it into an insanely effective grunt farmer for Bounty Hunt but I don't like losing my field of view. The larger magazine synergizes with the spin-up mechanic on the gun, I believe it goes from 55 to 66 bullets.

duxstar

I came here to complain about Ronin ..... This titan is easily the worst and it's not close, It's taken me about twice as long to level this guy up than it has any of the other titan's. I just got the double shockwave effect, and this is the first time it's actually been a tiny bit useful. It die's so quickly that I feel like Nuclear Ejection is a must on it.

I've tried all sorts of strategies, Stay far away and move in stealthily, full on go berserk/suicidal mode, none of them work for it, if you get too close to a titan like Legion your just toast, and even a pilot can screw up half your health pretty easily.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I came here to complain about Ronin ..... This titan is easily the worst and it's not close, It's taken me about twice as long to level this guy up than it has any of the other titan's. I just got the double shockwave effect, and this is the first time it's actually been a tiny bit useful. It die's so quickly that I feel like Nuclear Ejection is a must on it.

I've tried all sorts of strategies, Stay far away and move in stealthily, full on go berserk/suicidal mode, none of them work for it, if you get too close to a titan like Legion your just toast, and even a pilot can screw up half your health pretty easily.

Ronin is my favorite Titan.

He's a complete glass cannon. He's one of the best Titans to get early, and one of the best Titans to get late. He's bad at the full Titan-on-Titan engagements because Ronin can rarely 1v2 or 1v3 unless you have sword core.

You just have to constantly be moving, flanking, and picking off stragglers. For killing pilots, don't prioritize using your gun. Ronin's melee is one of the best tools for killing pilots. Don't use regular melee against Titans - it doesn't do any extra damage. My Ronin is like Gen 6 now, I average around 4-5 Titan kills a game

Ronin is my favorite Titan.

He's a complete glass cannon. He's one of the best Titans to get early, and one of the best Titans to get late. He's bad at the full Titan-on-Titan engagements because Ronin can rarely 1v2 or 1v3 unless you have sword core.

You just have to constantly be moving, flanking, and picking off stragglers. For killing pilots, don't prioritize using your gun. Ronin's melee is one of the best tools for killing pilots. Don't use regular melee against Titans - it doesn't do any extra damage. My Ronin is like Gen 6 now, I average around 4-5 Titan kills a game

Ronin is great, and while it might be a little cheesy, equipping him with the nuclear eject has made him even better for me. A lot of times, I can actually clear out a 1v2 or 1v3 if I use it right. Rush in, get behind them, shotgun, sword core, and arcblade the SHIT out of them, then nuke yourself as soon as you go doomsday, before they can get away. That oftentimes does enough that I can immediately call down another Ronin right after.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I kinda realize why there are maps like Complex, Crash Site, etc. now. It's more for meat grinder-y stuff and for Titans like Scorch.

Used him (starting now since I mostly use Tone, Legion or Ion) and daaaamn! You can get a lot of kills (Pilots and Titans) if you can wall them off to one area. Mind, not saying they're good maps, but just that I know why they're there.

If Respawn can roll out content every month or two, with maps, weapons, kits, etc. I can see this game having a lot of players. Heck, just now, there's close to 16K on PS4 and it's usually just at 13K. Glad it seems to be doing well with various retailer sales as well. :)

Anyone got tips for LMGs? LStar is just baffling me on how to use them properly. Seems like I fire at Pilots and they don't get damaged at all. Spitfire is way too slow for any head-on engagements. :(

I just got off the chat with them. I wasnt as lucky, only getting $10 a refund. They said someone would be contacting me in 24-48hrs with a code. We'll see.. lol

I really didn't even expect a refund, but they offered it to me so I was like okay. I will probably pick up $5 or $10 of in game currency to support the developers now.

EDIT: NM there is no IGC

Chris1

If Respawn can roll out content every month or two, with maps, weapons, kits, etc. I can see this game having a lot of players. Heck, just now, there's close to 16K on PS4 and it's usually just at 13K. Glad it seems to be doing well with various retailer sales as well. :)
Wait there's 16K on PS4 right now?

Currently 12.6K on XB1 peaked at about ~16K last night. Weird how XB1 has dropped about half while PS4 is increasing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't get why the Ares faction is at level 49. You're right about to regen, but you can't because you have to level it first. Then again, I don't know why they'd make factions locked behind levels after regeneration anyway.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Wait there's 16K on PS4 right now?

Currently 12.6K on XB1 peaked at about ~16K last night. Weird how XB1 has dropped about half while PS4 is increasing.

15K close to 16K, yeah. :) Nah, I think Xbox population is still the largest. Super early in the US now, even. I expect it'll be 20K plus in afternoon.

Yeah they added it to the game way later as a free update. The support for the original titanfall was excellent.

Horde Mode would be amazing and I am pretty sure we'll get it eventually

Don't know why it wasn't included in TF2 :(

The coop mode was a ton of fun, it came at a time when the game was kinda dying out already so it was a little too late, and getting into games of it on PC kept getting harder and harder to do. I really hoped this game would have shipped with a coop mode too.

Mupod

Anyone got tips for LMGs? LStar is just baffling me on how to use them properly. Seems like I fire at Pilots and they don't get damaged at all. Spitfire is way too slow for any head-on engagements. :(

I had no luck with the other two LMGs but Devotion has been fairly effective for me. I don't know if it's just a PC thing but almost everybody in this game uses an SMG, maybe once every 2-3 matches I'll see a shotgun. I use the range to farm AI grunts and try to stay in more open areas where SMGs have less of an advantage (although their range is still way longer than you'd think). Devotion turns this game's client side hit detection to its advantage and you can just burn people down literally before they know what hit them. Amped wall can be deadly with it, and you can do some funny things with phase shift since you can fire and reload while shifted. Stim has been very effective just for repositioning myself after firing because everybody will know where you are after a kill or two.

Energy projectile weapons in general have some issues, especially L-Star. Like why would you use a gun that needs as many shots to kill as a hitscan projectile, except it's way harder to land them and half of the shots don't register? Keep in mind the projectiles vanish when you die as well. I think the only success I had with it was at the start of one round on Crash Site where I was kind of just blindly firing at extreme range into a mass of AI and players, I got a bunch of kills that way.

JaMarco

Energy projectile weapons in general have some issues, especially L-Star. Like why would you use a gun that needs as many shots to kill as a hitscan projectile, except it's way harder to land them and half of the shots don't register? Keep in mind the projectiles vanish when you die as well. I think the only success I had with it was at the start of one round on Crash Site where I was kind of just blindly firing at extreme range into a mass of AI and players, I got a bunch of kills that way.
Yeah the energy weapons are broken. The projectiles need to be much faster.

E92 M3

I don't get why the Ares faction is at level 49. You're right about to regen, but you can't because you have to level it first. Then again, I don't know why they'd make factions locked behind levels after regeneration anyway.

What do you mean? You can unlock factions for 100 merits if you want.

Really loving Northstar, as of late (except on complex) like I said before, every time I switch Titans for a while, they become my new favorite. I wish her projectiles travelled a little faster, though. Although that might promote camping more on maps like homestead

What control schemes are people using? I'm having a hard time with this game on a PS4 controller.

By default, Jump on X and Slide on circle means a lot of moving my thumb on and off the right stick, making aiming hard since you do it so often. On bumper jumper, jump on L1 makes that better, but slide is still on circle in that control scheme so it doesn't help that. Also it moves your tac ability to X, which is fine for some (stim) but awkward for others (grapple).

I'm also having a hard time finding the right sensitivity. Currently using 4 but it still feels not quite right.

RedFury

Really loving Northstar, as of late (except on complex) like I said before, every time I switch Titans for a while, they become my new favorite. I wish her projectiles travelled a little faster, though. Although that might promote camping more on maps like homestead
Yup, she easily has the coolest execution too. Yeah I had my titan die three times in auto pilot because it spawned in opposite side of the map in enemy spawn. The spawns are really finicky on that map it's annoying. You can only spawn in 3 areas. Outside on opposite sides of the map, and the narrow space inside the corridor. Anyone know if warp fall would let my titan just teleport where I call it. Say I'm in dome on complex can I call it an it warp inside the dome? If so I just found a use for warp fall and which maps this will come in handy.

They really need to look at improving the LMGs. Stunningly ineffective.

Also, Scorch is still my boy.

Devotion is a beefcake once you get it spun up, and the iron sights are great (no need for shitty AOG). I think the trick to using it is to constantly be firing it when you suspect enemies are around. Really abuse that you have infinite reloads with primaries.

I need to just stick with one and max it out then move on. I have Titan OCD though.

I'm liking the R-97 the more I use it. I might try out Cloak with it, as it's sort of like a shotgun with slightly larger effective range. Phase Shift's working fine with it at the moment, too.
I'm still not in the mood to play sadly. Perhaps I should force a couple games in.
I had to force myself to play it on Wednesday, but it ended up improving my mood a lot. I've been going back to it now to keep myself from getting too down.
Amazon sent me my preorder promotional code for Preordering Titanfall 2. The only downside was that the code was for BF1?
Wow, uh... kinda amazed Amazon managed to mess this up that bad.
Just buy ACES and never pick another faction again. Barker for life.

IronRinn

Had finished the campaign and had been avoiding the multiplayer (why, I don't know, I loved the first game) I finally fired it up last weekend. After slowly getting my groove back, I am once again hooked. Such a fantastic game.

SwolBro

Banned

Yeah Ronin is hard to use. In game modes like attrition and bounty hunter if you get a ronin early you can rack up kills but it's a titan that just cannot go up against other titans. it's 100% a support/finisher titan. come in, do damage, leave immediately. he's a good titan to finish off damage other teammates have done as well.

his lead wall magazine is too small. before you're doing any real damage to an opponent you have to reload. a tone just rips you to shreds with the 40 and his salvo no matter what you do. Ronin's arc waves don't do that much damage from distance either so even as a support titan he pales in comparison to northstar because at least northstar is effective from distance. Ronin, he's not that great at long or close engagements.

E92 M3

The beta was not good for me but the retail game is amazing. Sorry Respawn for doubting you.

Respawn are just so good at making fun video games. This is their 5th serious multiplayer game and it keeps getting better and better.

Everything about Titanfall 2 feels GOOD. It just feels good to play. Just like Destiny feels good to play. Before Titanfall 2, Destiny was the best "feeling" shooter on the market. All I need is an extensive stat screen for full satisfaction.

SwolBro

Banned
Destiny was the best "feeling" shooter on the market. .

Not to throw this off topic but i never understood that. Destiny feels like complete shit to me. Nothing i want to do translates on screen quick of enough.

Ever since Halo 3 Bungie has introduced mechanical limitations to all their games. It's like they DON'T want you to do things fast, they don't want you to be as fast and as skilfull as possible. They want you to think slow, and move slow, and react slow and to be slow in general........

my time with destiny was 100 percent frustration.

E92 M3

Not to throw this off topic but i never understood that. Destiny feels like complete shit to me. Nothing i want to do translates on screen quick of enough.

Ever since Halo 3 Bungie has introduced mechanical limitations to all their games. It's like they DON'T want you to do things fast, they don't want you to be as fast and as skilfull as possible. They want you to think slow, and move slow, and react slow and to be slow in general........

my time with destiny was 100 percent frustration.

Don't want to drag it off topic either, but the movement and shooting in Destiny felt very good to me. And we'll leave it as different strokes for different folks.

Also, what's your GT - don't think we ever played together.

Top Bottom