• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

I dunno, the Devotion's really good and fun to use. The Spitfire's also not that bad, either. I didn't like the L-STAR at all, but it works with the Gravity Star.

The beauty of this game is that people can use whatever they're comfortable with and make it work.

--

My 1500 kill with Alt (will make a gif for every 500 lol):

YBbFks1.gif

Mupod

I dunno, the Devotion's really good and fun to use. The Spitfire's also not that bad, either. I didn't like the L-STAR at all, but it works with the Gravity Star.

Does it though? I tried combining the EPG-1 with the gravity star because it seemed like an ideal combination. The gravity star just ate the projectiles and they didn't explode.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

I'm probably biased because I'm an Alternator whore but the other guns just seem much better and far more effective than LMGs when it comes to Pilot combat. jmo of course, to each their own :)

I came here to complain about Ronin ..... This titan is easily the worst and it's not close, It's taken me about twice as long to level this guy up than it has any of the other titan's. I just got the double shockwave effect, and this is the first time it's actually been a tiny bit useful. It die's so quickly that I feel like Nuclear Ejection is a must on it.

I've tried all sorts of strategies, Stay far away and move in stealthily, full on go berserk/suicidal mode, none of them work for it, if you get too close to a titan like Legion your just toast, and even a pilot can screw up half your health pretty easily.

My opinion on Ronin changed once I started using the extra battery pack boost - it's a real game changer for Ronin. Also, equip the extra electric smoke as well as the double arcwave. Pick your fights and don't just engage in Titan battles head-on, it's all about sneaking around and getting close enough to start doing serious damage. Phase out when you need to reload, dash around slower Titans and use your electric smoke, arcwave and broadsword to disrupt a lot of players. I have a couple of videos I put together with Ronin if you wanna see how I play:

https://youtu.be/lFJ-9uIBsgY

https://youtu.be/6ZzA51AesIk

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
The beauty of this game is that people can use whatever they're comfortable with and make it work.

--

My 1500 kill with Alt (will make a gif for every 500 lol):

YBbFks1.gif

Hipfiring with the Alternator is amazing, and I think that's why I keep using it.

Not a fan of randos that keep rushing their titans into 2 or more enemy titans because they see one in doomed state and are thirsty to steal a kill. Not only does it give the enemy free points and often can be the deciding factor in attrition but it leaves me with way fewer titan kills at the end

E92 M3

Hipfiring with the Alternator is amazing, and I think that's why I keep using it.

Yep, hipfire allows me to play this game like the space ninja that I am. :p

Not a fan of randos that keep rushing their titans into 2 or more enemy titans because they see one in doomed state and are thirsty to steal a kill. Not only does it give the enemy free points and often can be the deciding factor in attrition but it leaves me with way fewer titan kills at the end

Yeah losing an attrition match with 30 seconds left because of Rambo Randos (TM) is super frustrating. I try to kill as many Titans as possible, but one person can only do so much lol.

joecanada

Tone is good but mainly because the regular shot is good against pilots I don't find tone great against titans I play legion alot now and at long distance using cover legion is great as you can snipe Titan heads . The charge shot disintegrates pilots . I could see tone being good one on one in close but I don't play that

aw come on. I was planning to finally spend some time on the multi this weekend, and a double xp bonus presumably would have made it easier to find a GAF group. The 1-2 matches a night I've been able to sneak in haven't really been conducive to organized play but I'm sick of being on the receiving end of pubstomps.

Are you on PS4? I always play solo and I win about 4 out of 5 games. I do always try to team up on the GAF Network page but nobody ever joins.

Mupod

Are you on PS4? I always play solo and I win about 4 out of 5 games. I do always try to team up on the GAF Network page but nobody ever joins.

I mentioned this earlier but I'm on PC and I generally stick to Bounty Hunt. It's easy to tell when you're going up against a party because you end up playing against them multiple times in a row (there's usually only about 300 in that playlist).

I'll try using one of the larger playlists and see if that helps. And yeah I've gotten exactly one GAF group going, for one round. The Giantbomb network has groups going all the time but that network is so massive you might as well play with randoms.

Geist-

My opinion on Ronin changed once I started using the extra battery pack boost - it's a real game changer for Ronin. Also, equip the extra electric smoke as well as the double arcwave. Pick your fights and don't just engage in Titan battles head-on, it's all about sneaking around and getting close enough to start doing serious damage. Phase out when you need to reload, dash around slower Titans and use your electric smoke, arcwave and broadsword to disrupt a lot of players. I have a couple of videos I put together with Ronin if you wanna see how I play:

Great videos. After I get Tone to G10 I'm definitely go to see if I can master Ronin, seems like a great high skill high reward Titan.

Marvel

could never
4KyWg1B.jpg

That's new.

So this game simply does not function online for me, not even joking. It's broken AF.

Usually I deal with the constant Server Timeouts that have plagued m esince launch but this new error has forced my hand. I give up lol

FStop7

Banned
The more multiplayer I play the more I think auto-sprint is a bad idea. I stopped using it a while ago. I think it encourages a blind "run and gun" style that just gets you killed, vs. paying attention to the minimap and your immediate surroundings.

Schlorgan

The more multiplayer I play the more I think auto-sprint is a bad idea. I stopped using it a while ago. I think it encourages a blind "run and gun" style that just gets you killed, vs. paying attention to the minimap and your immediate surroundings.

I've never used Auto Sprint because I feel like it takes control away from my character.

I wish we could actually see our stats in multiplayer. I now realize I take this for granted in every other game. Things like all time Win/Lose ration, kills, deaths, accuracy, etc. I can only see the amount of Kills and Wins right now.

a916

I'm standing around like an idiot pressing square to get Arc Grenades in the guantlet... what the hell is this game doing? Won't let me pick them up...

Zemm

There's too many things that piss me off in this game to bother playing it long term. Map hack, even after the nerf is still really good, sonar is fucking everywhere, from Tone to the pilots, especially on Hardpoint, cloak is just obnoxious, same with phase shift, shitty maps, shitty debris in the maps which bring to a halt any wall running.

I'm gonna give the 10 hour BF1 trial a go, or just play more Overwatch.

E92 M3

There's too many things that piss me off in this game to bother playing it long term. Map hack, even after the nerf is still really good, sonar is fucking everywhere, from Tone to the pilots, especially on Hardpoint, cloak is just obnoxious, same with phase shift, shitty maps, shitty debris in the maps which bring to a halt any wall running.

Titanfall doesn't seem like the game for you. Everything you mentioned is nowhere close to being obnoxious. Really depends on your playstyle.

I don't think this is the game for you.

Lingxor

I think Scorch needs work.. I feel like I get bullied in most encounters. Tone/Legion are both better at "controlling enemy movement"

Zemm

Titanfall doesn't seem like the game for you. Everything you mentioned is nowhere close to being obnoxious. Really depends on your playstyle.

Yeah I guess, it doesn't matter what game it is, wall hacks and invisibility are always obnoxious in MP

Yeah I guess, it doesn't matter what game it is, wall hacks and invisibility are always obnoxious in MP

Well the nice thing is anyone can use them and there is a counter called "radar jammer"
Invisibility sometimes gets annoying but as long as you are paying attention you can see the player silhouette.

Different strokes for different folks

I don't get why the Ares faction is at level 49. You're right about to regen, but you can't because you have to level it first. Then again, I don't know why they'd make factions locked behind levels after regeneration anyway.

I didn't Know that factions also reset after regen. Should stay unlocked imo

In the first game invisibility wasn't an issue for me but in TF2, I'm having a hard time seeing players when invisible. In the first game I thought it was mostly a tool against titans since they couldn't see you when invisible.

Mupod

Kinda funny, this game does sometimes piss me off so much that I have to go boot up Overwatch for a bit. I can put up with a lot of bullshit. But I draw the line at players I just killed spawning back in behind me, only to send me on a 'hey let's spawn this guy in between 3 camping enemy titans' death train from $450 to penniless in Bounty Hunt.

Somebody bought me a flat(!) of Mountain Dew as a joke after I told him how stupid I thought the whole junk food tie-ins were for TitanFall 2.

How do I use the EXP boosts? I've entered one code (so help me), but I'm not sure how to turn it on?

Also, how do you execute pilots? In Halo 5, you hold the melee button. I tried the same on an enemy that was on a roof sniping in the other direction, but no sale. Just kicked him.

Somebody bought me a flat(!) of Mountain Dew as a joke after I told him how stupid I thought the whole junk food tie-ins were for TitanFall 2.

How do I use the EXP boosts? I've entered one code (so help me), but I'm not sure how to turn it on?

Also, how do you execute pilots? In Halo 5, you hold the melee button. I tried the same on an enemy that was on a roof sniping in the other direction, but no sale. Just kicked him.

I feel ashamed knowing this but when you start a match, the double XP prompt will pop up. You can choose to use it for one match whenever you want until you use them all up

X-Frame

Some epic clips and music on the most recent video. Nice job!

I want to be like you when I grow up.

It's real easy to miss but in the Choose Loadout section at the start of a map, in the bottom right is a prompt to 'use' an XP Booster. I forget to do it every time.

HelloMeow

All they need to do is introduce a new boost that makes you invisible to them [until death], no?

I don't get why it needs to be there to begin with. Does anyone actually enjoy being seen through walls or seeing enemies through walls? It's too good not to use, but it's not satisfying to use.

I use Tone for the 40mm, but holy shit I might as well be actually cheating with that wall hack. It's so dumb that it outweighs all of the concerns I had prior to release.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
All they need to do is introduce a new boost that makes you invisible to them [until death], no?

I don't personally like the idea of basically another auto-pick loadout option that I would just roll with each match.

I am more okay with pulse blade lately. Stim, cloak, phase shift, a-wall are all really strong so you're giving up a lot of power for it. It would be nice to be able to physically see the blade at the center of the pulse and be able to shoot and destroy it, or something. I think it is bigger problem in a mode like Amped Hardpoint but until they change the whole amping thing I'm never touching this mode anyway.

I haven't seen Map Hack nearly as much lately, and even if I still don't like it at all, the nerf really did seem to help there. Even when it is being used by multiple people on the team, you're not being 100% exposed like before since it blips you which makes movement viable during it.

The biggest issue is Tone still. Tone's wallhack on such a short timer SHOULD NOT show pilots. Have it be exclusively Titan focused, mark titans and reapers and give a mark, nothing else. She destroys pilots with the 40mm already, it just gets overbearing when you're inside a building and marked as it makes peaking impossible so you need to sit there and wait it out--and this doesn't just help Tone, any other pilot and titan is watching you too. Yet half the time you're marked it's the side effect of her just marking randomly or trying to get a Titan. Which is doubly frustrating because due to the ebb and flow of the game, Pilots are frequently around Titan fights, yet Tone punishes this as a natural side effect of her standard gameplan.

Top Bottom