• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Cmagus

Just unlocked Tone not to long ago and played a few matches with her. She seems pretty good and so far out of all the titans I've used I can definitely stay alive for a long time. I may dip my toe into some more titan stuff and level Tone up a bit.

E92 M3

Yeah I guess, it doesn't matter what game it is, wall hacks and invisibility are always obnoxious in MP

Admittedly, I play TF2 a lot and never had a problem with wall hacks. If you're always moving those perks are practically useless.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Admittedly, I play TF2 a lot and never had a problem with wall hacks. If you're always moving those perks are practically useless.

Yeah, same here. I don't see the Wall Hack boost that often and even if I do, I just run away and circle back. I often times find an enemy searching for me. :D

I only use the Battery boost. I mean, your Titan gets an extra shield, how can you not choose it? :D Might try the anti-pilot and other boosts once I've hit Gen 1 on every Titan.

The beauty of this game is that people can use whatever they're comfortable with and make it work.

--

My 1500 kill with Alt (will make a gif for every 500 lol):

YBbFks1.gif

Yep, agree there. There's no one loadout that dominates (I remember in BO3 when all of us ran Kuda + rapid fire), In TF2, the balance can use a little more tweaking but so far, it's very consistent in letting almost everything have a purpose. I've used the hologram Tactical to good effect even, and I thought that would be useless.

There's too many things that piss me off in this game to bother playing it long term. Map hack, even after the nerf is still really good, sonar is fucking everywhere, from Tone to the pilots, especially on Hardpoint, cloak is just obnoxious, same with phase shift, shitty maps, shitty debris in the maps which bring to a halt any wall running.

I'm gonna give the 10 hour BF1 trial a go, or just play more Overwatch.

I suggest taking it easy. Find a gun that suits you well first, and then find a Tactical, and then find the Titan (Ion is a good starting one), Play Attrition since it's more forgiving than Bounty Hunt, and go from there.

I know how you feel, since I felt that way my first few matches, and I feel that every time I start a BF game. Haha! If you think someone is abusing something, go use it or find a counter.

My opinion on Ronin changed once I started using the extra battery pack boost - it's a real game changer for Ronin. Also, equip the extra electric smoke as well as the double arcwave. Pick your fights and don't just engage in Titan battles head-on, it's all about sneaking around and getting close enough to start doing serious damage. Phase out when you need to reload, dash around slower Titans and use your electric smoke, arcwave and broadsword to disrupt a lot of players. I have a couple of videos I put together with Ronin if you wanna see how I play:

https://youtu.be/lFJ-9uIBsgY

https://youtu.be/6ZzA51AesIk

a/s/l?

Seriously, I'm incredibly aroused.

KodaRuss

The beauty of this game is that people can use whatever they're comfortable with and make it work.

This is huge after coming from Destiny and other MP games where everyone uses the same couple guns. They did a very good job of balancing that I have seen.

I havent seen too many snipers out there though which honestly makes me happy. This would be a really tough game to snipe in I would think anyway.

Zemm

Y

I suggest taking it easy. Find a gun that suits you well first, and then find a Tactical, and then find the Titan (Ion is a good starting one), Play Attrition since it's more forgiving than Bounty Hunt, and go from there.

I know how you feel, since I felt that way my first few matches, and I feel that every time I start a BF game. Haha! If you think someone is abusing something, go use it or find a counter.

I'm level 32, I've played a lot, I know what does and doesn't work. I score highly in the matches I'm in. I just find all the wallhacks annoying, the fix made them slightly worse but they're still everywhere.

Online numbers don't mean too much.
The numbers would probably drop even more over time (I hope not) but think this, those numbers will be loyal people still playing long after release, just like tf1.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I'm level 32, I've played a lot, I know what does and doesn't work. I score highly in the matches I'm in. I just find all the wallhacks annoying, the fix made them slightly worse but they're still everywhere.

Strange. I rarely see any wallhacks or even the Pulse Blade much anymore. I'm gen2.22 or something, too. If you see it, just run and flank them? The Map Hack boost has certainly been exploited before the patch, but it's not that bad now.

Or maybe use them yourself? XD

Cmagus

These sonar detector are starting to become annoying.

Yeah the sonar stuff is probably the only thing I don't like. I never understood stuff like this or maps that show enemy locations it's far more entertaining when you actually have to be aware of your surroundings not just seeing guys through the wall across the map.

It's real easy to miss but in the Choose Loadout section at the start of a map, in the bottom right is a prompt to 'use' an XP Booster. I forget to do it every time.

I feel ashamed knowing this but when you start a match, the double XP prompt will pop up. You can choose to use it for one match whenever you want until you use them all up

Thanks guys, appreciate it. :)

I don't personally like the idea of basically another auto-pick loadout option that I would just roll with each match.

I am more okay with pulse blade lately. Stim, cloak, phase shift, a-wall are all really strong so you're giving up a lot of power for it. It would be nice to be able to physically see the blade at the center of the pulse and be able to shoot and destroy it, or something. I think it is bigger problem in a mode like Amped Hardpoint but until they change the whole amping thing I'm never touching this mode anyway.

I haven't seen Map Hack nearly as much lately, and even if I still don't like it at all, the nerf really did seem to help there. Even when it is being used by multiple people on the team, you're not being 100% exposed like before since it blips you which makes movement viable during it.

The biggest issue is Tone still. Tone's wallhack on such a short timer SHOULD NOT show pilots. Have it be exclusively Titan focused, mark titans and reapers and give a mark, nothing else. She destroys pilots with the 40mm already, it just gets overbearing when you're inside a building and marked as it makes peaking impossible so you need to sit there and wait it out--and this doesn't just help Tone, any other pilot and titan is watching you too. Yet half the time you're marked it's the side effect of her just marking randomly or trying to get a Titan. Which is doubly frustrating because due to the ebb and flow of the game, Pilots are frequently around Titan fights, yet Tone punishes this as a natural side effect of her standard gameplan.

I agree with this.

When I first read the description of Tone's Sonar ability, I thought it was simply a 'shortcut' to get full lock for your missiles if needed.

Like, there's a titan on the other side of a building and you're at low health. You don't want to expose yourself to get the 2-3 shots to establish lock. So you throw out a sonar, he's locked, and now you can shoot your missles up and over the building to hit him without exposing yourself.

When I realized it was just a straight see-through-walls perk, I was caught off guard.

....Not that I still don't use it. I main Ion, but when I use Tone, I spam the hell out of that ability, lol.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
It's a chore to level up Titans and weapons since I could do so much better if I stick to what I normally use. But eh.

Also, seems there's a lot of Black Friday newbies on PS4? I noticed a lot of low level people (I based it on their player emblems since it's the default ones, etc.). I could be wrong, but their scores are terrible as well. xD

Where do I find more detailed stats on my MP life?

In the first game I could find how many pilots I've killed, how many titans I've dropped etc. but I can only find how many pilots I've killed and how many games I've won.

Where do I find more detailed stats on my MP life?

In the first game I could find how many pilots I've killed, how many titans I've dropped etc. but I can only find how many pilots I've killed and how many games I've won.

I think they said that's coming in a future update. Supposedly it's all being tracked since launch, just not floated to the player or community in any way yet.

...But after Overwatch has had so much success without floating much of that info at all, I wouldn't be shocked if they were rethinking that.

this.

If you're running and jumping around the map like a madman then it doesn't bother you at all. On days where I'm playing more conservative and not moving as much ("wrong" way to play) it really irritates me

Vipu

Banned
My opinion on Ronin changed once I started using the extra battery pack boost - it's a real game changer for Ronin. Also, equip the extra electric smoke as well as the double arcwave. Pick your fights and don't just engage in Titan battles head-on, it's all about sneaking around and getting close enough to start doing serious damage. Phase out when you need to reload, dash around slower Titans and use your electric smoke, arcwave and broadsword to disrupt a lot of players. I have a couple of videos I put together with Ronin if you wanna see how I play:

https://youtu.be/lFJ-9uIBsgY

https://youtu.be/6ZzA51AesIk

So many titans, so few hours to play.
I wanted to start playing lots of Ion now but I might want to try Ronin first.
Atm playing tons of Scorch.

Is there a way to find out what changes they're making server side?

Nvm found a post on the titanfall forum. I think they should just make map hack only visible to the player since it annoys people so much

SwolBro

Banned
Hipfiring with the Alternator is amazing, and I think that's why I keep using it.

I'm probably biased because I'm an Alternator whore but the other guns just seem much better and far more effective than LMGs when it comes to Pilot combat. jmo of course, to each their own :)
I liked the alternator until i used the volt. I tried the CAR again, not a fan. Volt is super fun. the sound it makes fucks people up mentally lol

201 is still the default load out for me if i'm in a challenge though.

Tone is good but mainly because the regular shot is good against pilots I don't find tone great against titans I play legion alot now and at long distance using cover legion is great as you can snipe Titan heads . The charge shot disintegrates pilots . I could see tone being good one on one in close but I don't play that
Tone is good at everything. I just had an LTS game where i was running scorch, of course the other team had 2 tones doing work. we went down early 0-2, switched to Tone and spanked them 3-2. It wasn't even competition.

Tone is too good. Maybe because i'm coming from TF1 and using the 40 constantly. It's such a simple adjustment to turn down her effectiveness i think: take away the ability for sonar pulse to paint targets.

yeah, the more you play the more map hacks won't bother you or make a difference. it's still annoying to play decent people constantly spamming pulse blade and map hacks though.

I'm not that great at Colosseum.

colosseum is addicting as shit.

Wowwww this game is amazing. Tell all your friends to buy it on pc, this community must not be dead a year from now. Respawn deserves way more sales with the quality of this game.

LowSignal

What do you think if wall hack had a team cool down time like if I use it, no one else on my team can use it for 1 min after the affects have worn off.

Is there any way to disable the ghost runner scanning? I'm in the early goings, but fuck that is getting irritating. I'm never going to use it and it pops up on the screen a lot.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I liked the alternator until i used the volt. I tried the CAR again, not a fan. Volt is super fun. the sound it makes fucks people up mentally lol

Agreed on the CAR, tossed that shit in the trunk after playing around with the Alternator. Haven't had a chance to use the Volt yet because I level up at a turtle's pace.

Demoskinos

Took me 4 hours and several breaks out of frustation, but by the time you earn it you will be a master on MP aswell :D

The thing I enjoy most about this game is usually in Multiplayer games the trailers for the multiplayer stuff has the players doing stuff that I would never be able to pull off.

In TF2 I'm doing exactly the stuff that they showed in a lot of the trailers and it feels real good. :)

Hit Gen2 today, this game still impresses me.

Question - Is there a way to save your Gauntlet time? Seems that it keeps resetting whenever I leave. I even tried doing the whole mission, but then when I go back into practice I'm back at the bottom of the list.

Do you guys think the lack of skill based match making is an issue? I have won over 60 games in a row now, having not a match lost over two days of play time. That's without even playing with large parties either, just two or three of us.

I don't want skill based match making personally, but I want a ranked mode, a playlist for people to test their skill, and something that effectively encourages a higher level of play.

E92 M3

Do you guys think the lack of skill based match making is an issue? I have won over 60 games in a row now, having not a match lost over two days of play time. That's without even playing with large parties either, just two or three of us.

I don't want skill based match making personally, but I want a ranked mode, a playlist for people to test their skill, and something that effectively encourages a higher level of play.

Not enough population for rank playlist. You are an outlier. SBMM tends to ruin these type of games. Ruined Destiny.

Top Bottom