• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Do you guys think the lack of skill based match making is an issue? I have won over 60 games in a row now, having not a match lost over two days of play time. That's without even playing with large parties either, just two or three of us.

I don't want skill based match making personally, but I want a ranked mode, a playlist for people to test their skill, and something that effectively encourages a higher level of play.

Stealth brag, lol.

I play solo all the time so it doesn't bother me. My performance is generally pretty good, I win some, I lose some and 75% of matches come down to the wire, maybe 15% are complete blowouts. Matchmaking seems pretty decent to me, better than most games at least.

Anyone else think that in the future when they have added a lot of the maps they should make some maps only playable on some playlists?

Like for example

Crash Site/Complex - Pilot VS Pilot/Amped Hardpoint/Capture the Flag only
Homestead - Last Titan Standing only

Not enough population for rank playlist. You are an outlier. SBMM tends to ruin these type of games. Ruined Destiny.

I don't think SBMM is a good idea, but I don't want to win 80 games in a row without some accessible means of finding competition either.

I think saying that there isn't enough of a population for a ranked playlist is a bit silly. There are ranked playlists on all manner of games, many of which aren't especially popular.

For instance both Smite, Uncharted 4 have ranked playlists, yet they have low player bases on PS4, much lower than Titanfall 2. Rainbow Six Siege also has a ranked playlist since launch day, and also performed quite a bit worse than Titanfall 2 did at launch (though R6 has had good community growth with time).

You don't need an absolutely huge community of players and not having a ranked playlist will push more competitive players away. Overwatch on console isn't an especially competitive game, all of the real competition is on PC, yet dozens of my friends keep playing the game because they enjoy the level of play that's facilitated by the ranked gametype.

Stealth brag, lol.

I play solo all the time so it doesn't bother me. My performance is generally pretty good, I win some, I lose some and 75% of matches come down to the wire, maybe 15% are complete blowouts. Matchmaking seems pretty decent to me, better than most games at least.

Not stealth bragging, I am pleased with the achievement and there is nothing wrong with showing that. I would have perhaps posted about it anyway, however I thought it lead into this discussion quite nicely also. What I'm saying is, it's not a crime to be proud of your achievements and people shouldn't feel that they can't post about them here, labelling posts for bragging makes it sound like a bad thing, I disagree.

As for the matchmaking, I think the matchmaking is great. It prioritises network quality above all else which creates a good playing field for everyone. We do not need SBMM, that shift in priory comes at the cost of match quality and matchmaking speed. However for those that want to test their skill there should be an accessible platform to do that. It helps games thrive. For instance, games like Rocket League and Overwatch would be far less popular without their ranked modes.

MisterMac

My opinion on Ronin changed once I started using the extra battery pack boost - it's a real game changer for Ronin. Also, equip the extra electric smoke as well as the double arcwave. Pick your fights and don't just engage in Titan battles head-on, it's all about sneaking around and getting close enough to start doing serious damage. Phase out when you need to reload, dash around slower Titans and use your electric smoke, arcwave and broadsword to disrupt a lot of players. I have a couple of videos I put together with Ronin if you wanna see how I play:

https://youtu.be/lFJ-9uIBsgY

https://youtu.be/6ZzA51AesIk

As if a robot killing other robots as a sword and a giant shotgun wasn't amazing enough, the Spark Mandrill theme puts it over the top

E92 M3

I don't think SBMM is a good idea, but I don't want to win 80 games in a row without some accessible means of finding competition either.

I think saying that there isn't enough of a population for a ranked playlist is a bit silly. There are ranked playlists on all manner of games, many of which aren't especially popular.

For instance both Smite, Uncharted 4 have ranked playlists, yet they have low player bases on PS4, much lower than Titanfall 2. Rainbow Six Siege also has a ranked playlist since launch day, and also performed quite a bit worse than Titanfall 2 did at launch (though R6 has had good community growth with time).

You don't need an absolutely huge community of players and not having a ranked playlist will push more competitive players away. Overwatch on console isn't an especially competitive game, all of the real competition is on PC, yet dozens of my friends keep playing the game because they enjoy the level of play that's facilitated by the ranked gametype.

MM should be balanced for people like us. I play mostly solo and have to really sweat to win against good teams. It's fine - let's not fix what's not broken. Your intentions are good, but not thinking long term health of the game.

I don't really like complex that much but I don't like despise it but holy crap Crash Site, while aesthetically really cool looking, is the worst map in the entire series by far

Anyone else think that in the future when they have added a lot of the maps they should make some maps only playable on some playlists?

Like for example

Crash Site/Complex - Pilot VS Pilot/Amped Hardpoint/Capture the Flag only
Homestead - Last Titan Standing only

I personally hate when games do this. What's the point? To get people to play modes they don't want to play? No thank you.

Glad to say you guys didn't lie about the SP. So far it's amazing and I'm taking my time since I heard its short. Worth the $35 if I never play MP

Mainly for this game, to remove maps that really don't work for some game types, such as Last Titan Standing on Crash Site

Nothing works on crash site though, lol. The maps pretty meh no matter how you approach it.

Not stealth bragging, I am pleased with the achievement and there is nothing wrong with showing that. I would have perhaps posted about it anyway, however I thought it lead into this discussion quite nicely also. What I'm saying is, it's not a crime to be proud of your achievements and people shouldn't feel that they can't post about them here, labelling posts for bragging makes it sound like a bad thing, I disagree.

Sorry. I didn't mean to come off as an asshole but I suppose I did. It is a great achievement and you should be proud of it. As a mostly solo player, I don't even rememeber the last time I won 10 games in a row, never mind 60.

MM should be balanced for people like us. I play mostly solo and have to really sweat to win against good teams. It's fine - let's not fix what's not broken. Your intentions are good, but not thinking long term health of the game.

I disagree. I think adding a ranked playlist very much feeds into the long term health of the game. I do not think that MM should be rebalanced to change your experience, I just think that those wanting to play something more competitive should have a place to go and do that, accessibly, from within the game, without having to organise everything through third party websites.

I also feel that you have some sort of missconception with regards to skill based matchmaking. If you're bad at a game or average, then skill based matchmaking is likely to make the experience easier. If you're ahead of the curve (performing very well) it's likely to make it considerably harder. It seems that when you refer to 'people like us' you're generalising towards the 'average' player, who would be largely unaffected by skill based matchmaking (at least in regards to the skill of the lobby they're in).

In general the default 'random sample' of a public lobby will create a match where both teams equate to relatively 'average' skill, so that most games will feel fair. If you get a couple of above average players though, then you can easily influence the match outcome drastically in one direction on a consistent basis, which is why if you have semi-decent friends and are fairly good at the game, you can win near 100% of your games in public lobbies.

Now the advantage to having a ranked playlist would mean that less of these instances were happening as those with a good group of friends could chose to compete in a separate playlist. It isn't very interesting to stomp opposing teams, and the lack of ranked or skill based matchmaking is only going to make this worse as the games skill gap progresses.

Just look at videos from decent players like gamesager on youtube for very explicit examples of why this is an issue. Random group of players spawn trapped for minutes on end, kicked from one side of the map to the other to the point that they give up. In my experience this hasn't been uncommon, and it's not very interesting for players on either side of the fence. I guess the point is that matchmaking isn't balanced for people like you, if by people like you you mean the average player, matchmaking isn't balanced at all, so there are ultimately two outcomes to that. Parties and better teams start to dominate new and average players on a more frequent basis, or parties and better players lose interest in the game because it fails to keep them in their zone of proximal development, or the game doesn't 'flow'.

The later remark is a common game design terminology, that underpins the application of skill based matchmaking and adaptive difficulty in everything from Skyrim to Call of Duty. Flow describes the process in which where players become bored if they do not feel changed enough, and anxious or stressed if they feel overly challenged. Ranked playlists, skill based matchmaking, anything, the purpose of these systems is to keep players within that sweet spot between boredom, and difficulty anxiety.

VXSkFyy.png

By giving people a ranked playlist you take better players out of the default player pool effectively encouraging their engagement, preventing them from becoming bored, and by removing these outliers you also offer better chances for the match making system of other modes to create balanced lobbies. Skill based matchmaking is a considerably more crude, but arguably quite effective means of achieving the same thing, at the expense of match quality. I do not think skill based matchmaking is a good idea (stated this in the first post) but do think that a ranked option, giving more competitive players a place to go, test their skill and find an environment where the level of play matches there own, cannot be construed as a bad thing.

Sorry to give you such a long reply to your one-sentence response, I just wanted to make a case for this and potentially add to the discussion. I think how online multiplayer games manage player engagement with systems like ranked play and skill based matchmaking is a divisive topic among multiplayer gamers, and I would like to see Respawn handle it correctly.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Do you guys think the lack of skill based match making is an issue? I have won over 60 games in a row now, having not a match lost over two days of play time. That's without even playing with large parties either, just two or three of us.

I don't want skill based match making personally, but I want a ranked mode, a playlist for people to test their skill, and something that effectively encourages a higher level of play.

Nah. I mostly play solo and I've run across people that were in one team. It's just luck of the draw and all that. And nope, SBMM is not a good idea. Connection is always king. CoD tried that, right? Didn't really work as intended since everyone lagged, etc.

I think my W/L is at 50 percent or something. Granted, I dick around a lot due to testing other weapons and shit. And man, I've come across some super shitty teammates. I mean, those who score 30-40 in one ENTIRE match of Attrition. :(

Those encountering lag, change Data Centers? I think that fixes it. And PS4 close to 18K and it's kinda late. Woo! Not bad. Definitely an uptick. Also, PS Blog counted it as part of October's most downloaded games (and it came out on the 28th), so yeah, don't think it's that bad. People are basing most of their doom and gloom on that analyst report (which is kinda basing it on the UK sales chart that counted only physical and for only two days).

I find it odd that map rotation seems to cycle to just a few repeatedly. I sometimes get thrown in to Crash Site, Eden and one more map without seeing the others. At this point, I've learned to live with all the maps. I do well even in Crash Site and Complex. :D

iddqd

Had to wait a while to find a match of LAST TITAN STANDING (pc) and then it was that tight small shit map (complex?).
That map is fun as a pilot and with a shotgun. But not like this
wMqw4hddRzKAU.gif

Nah. I mostly play solo and I've run across people that were in one team. It's just luck of the draw and all that. And nope, SBMM is not a good idea. Connection is always king. CoD tried that, right? Didn't really work as intended since everyone lagged, etc.

I think my W/L is at 50 percent or something. Granted, I dick around a lot due to testing other weapons and shit. And man, I've come across some super shitty teammates. I mean, those who score 30-40 in one ENTIRE match of Attrition. :(

Yeah I mean, I said in the post that you quoted that I don't think SBMM is the answer, but I think Titanfall is an interesting case for a game without SBMM, the consequences of not having it aren't dire for the average, slightly above average, or slightly below average player, but for the upper / lower 10% (ball park figure) I think you can imagine that they lead to some pretty awful experiences.

It's horrible to have to find myself saying things like 'I'm really surprised these guys haven't left the game'. As we finish matches of Hardpoint with 400-80, or Skirmish with 75-8. Watch some decent players on youtube and I find myself saying the same thing. The people gamesager seems to repeatedly spawn trap aren't necessarily awful at the game, his team intentionally cultivate the games spawn system in a way that funnels them into very particular choke points and the opposing team just don't have experience or skill to adapt out of that situation. There not bad, he and his team just have a far better understanding of the game and its mechanics, and that skill gap is only going to get larger as the game progresses.

What do you think about adding a ranked playlist? My argument for it is more detailed in the post above. You only replied about SBMM and I'm interested in your thoughts (and of course everyone else's).

Also, I wanted to add that I don't think COD's SBMM 'didn't work' they've had it since Black Ops 2, so the last 6 or so iterations. I do think Call of Duty has bad netcode, but skill based matchmaking isn't the root of that. It's a peer to peer network with weird means in which it handled lag compensation, combined together to make a super-inconsistent networked experience, made worse by the fact that you cannot see your ping or even, in some cases (MWR) any estimation of connection quality. COD isn't bad because of SBMM, if anything it's one of the few games that has a sizable enough player base to also filter by skill and still retain good matchmaking speeds and match quality, CODs issues are more rooted in its netcode, peer to peer systems, and other poor design choices.

Had to wait a while to find a match of LAST TITAN STANDING (pc) and then it was that tight small shit map (complex?).
That map is fun as a pilot and with a shotgun. But not like this
wMqw4hddRzKAU.gif

I think you really can't dismiss the smaller maps because its the map variance that makes the LTS meta so interesting. Titan's like Scorch just aren't that useful on the larger maps but complex is perfect, with clear choke points for Scorch to use his fire effectively. Playing these smaller maps alongside larger, and mid sized maps, and learning how to adapt to each with your Titan and pilot loadouts makes the mode much more interesting that it would otherwise be, without that variance.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Sorry if this has been beat to death... but people with Pro and 4k TVs... does the Multiplayer get the same resolution bump as single player?

Sorry if this has been beat to death... but people with Pro and 4k TVs... does the Multiplayer get the same resolution bump as single player?

Looks like it does to me. But I've been playing on the PRO for two days so what it looks like is just the new 'normal' for me. I can't remember what it looked like before, I remember at the time thinking that the difference was fairly stark, but it's hard to recall explicit details regarding the games original image quality.

HelloMeow

Separate playlists with skill based matchmaking would be great, but universal skill based matchmaking is a bad idea. It introduces longer wait times, connection issues, balancing issues and you always have to be in try hard mode.

Separate playlists with skill based matchmaking would be great, but universal skill based matchmaking is a bad idea. It introduces longer wait times, connection issues, balancing issues and you always have to be in try hard mode.

Yeah that's what I would personally like to see. A single ranked playlist with a skill based inclination. It would feature Hardpoint, CTF and possibly Skirmish.

KodaRuss

Coming from Siege I see your point. I have not grouped up much at all but it is rare that I dont get at least top 2 for my team.

Not sure if it would work in this game but I would like to see some sort of version of a ranked play. If only it means that everyone is at least playing the game mode correctly.

E92 M3

Great post

I appreciate you going in depth on this topic. In terms of GS - he tends to play with a group of friends which heavily skews the balance in his favor. In fact, most people that play in premade groups tend to win. Right now, the population is healthy but limited we have to be very weary of anything that splits it further. I would imagine that the average player is having a ball with the MM. I am a solo player and most matches are pretty close.

I would be down for something like rank chips, though.

J.EM1

Figured out what my problem was, my sensitivity was too high. Set it at 4 and now I'm getting kills. No more issues.

Also, Ronin is awesome!

Figured out what my problem was, my sensitivity was too high. Set it at 4 and now I'm getting kills. No more issues.

Also, Ronin is awesome!

I think there's actually a common missconception that higher is better because it allows you to react faster, but as your situation demonstrates, whatever is comfortable for you, is what's best.

If you want to up it at some point, you could always try doing it gradually, incrementally. Personally I play on 5, and I feel that it's fast enough for everything I want to do. The acceleration in this game does a good job of allowing for quick turns despite relatively low sensitivities.

SwolBro

Banned

Respawn have never been good at putting together a decent matchmaking algo. It's exactly like it was in Titanfall 1. Just complete slaughters most of the time. I went 40 kills and 2 caps on a CTF match just now. I mean.. like, fuck. It gets boring.

I know it's hard to balance a game like this where skill gaps are huge but they need to do something, i don't know what, but something to make it more competitive.

1v1, most competitive mode in the game at the moment.
Both players have same weapons and skills.
Get reward from winning.
Super good mode imo.
eh? competitive? The mode is far from competitive. It's fun though.

E92 M3

Away from the pink???

Aw heeeeell nah.

Zebra pink fo life. How dare u cheat on it

I love the contrast of colors. My pilot will always be zebra pink and the black gun looks really. I'll have it back on in a couple days lol. Also Titan is all pink haha.

Just the black looks really, really cool!

Respawn have never been good at putting together a decent matchmaking algo. It's exactly like it was in Titanfall 1. Just complete slaughters most of the time. I went 40 kills and 2 caps on a CTF match just now. I mean.. like, fuck. It gets boring.

I know it's hard to balance a game like this where skill gaps are huge but they need to do something, i don't know what, but something to make it more competitive.

eh? competitive? The mode is far from competitive. It's fun though.

Nah, balancing the game for people like us is not the smart thing to do. Bungie ruined the crucible with SBMM - every match is a sweat fest. Most people will not be getting 40 kills in a CTF game. Gotta stop thinking about yourself and look at the big picture, my friend. Connection should be the only thing that matters. Treyarch tried putting SBMM into BLOPS and the community completely rejected it - it's just not fun for these type of games. And with TF2, the population is limited and has to be protected.

SwolBro

Banned
Nah, balancing the game for people like us is not the smart thing to do. Bungie ruined the crucible with SBMM - every match is a sweat fest. Most people will not be getting 40 kills in a CTF game. Gotta stop thinking about yourself and look at the big picture, my friend. Connection should be the only thing that matters. Treyarch tried putting SBMM into BLOPS and the community completely rejected it - it's just not fun for these type of games. And with TF2, the population is limited and has to be protected.
Hm, well some middle ground should be the aim. Maybe parties should always go up against parties?

Kumubou

I don't think skill-based matchmaking would cause connection issues in games that use dedicated servers -- it's only really a problem for CoD since Activision still skimps out on that even after 345643643 releases.

Having all games be ranked would be bad though, but I can't think of a game that actually tries to force that. Although some games will use your rank (either visible or hidden) for matchmaking even in unranked games, to help have closer matches on average.

E92 M3

Hm, well some middle ground should be the aim. Maybe parties should always go up against parties?

Yes, that should always be a thing. 85% of the time I am playing solo and going against a party can be painful. Maybe they already have that - not really sure.

I don't think skill-based matchmaking would cause connection issues in games that use dedicated servers -- it's only really a problem for CoD since Activision still skimps out on that even after 345643643 releases.

Having all games be ranked would be bad though, but I can't think of a game that actually tries to force that. Although some games will use your rank (either visible or hidden) for matchmaking even in unranked games, to help have closer matches on average.

It's not fun having to sweat every single match. Sure the theory is solid, but in practice, people get very put off by it. We have real examples backing that notion up. If we had the numbers, I'd be down for a separate ranked playlist.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They really let me down. They were my favorite part of the campaign, so I coughed up merits for their faction. But their intro match dialogue is bad. "The 6-4 is a family and we'll kick your ass!" What do those 2 things have to do with each other?!
Yeah, I was kind of looking forward to using it, but they were mostly boring. lol

The later remark is a common game design terminology, that underpins the application of skill based matchmaking and adaptive difficulty in everything from Skyrim to Call of Duty. Flow describes the process in which where players become bored if they do not feel changed enough, and anxious or stressed if they feel overly challenged. Ranked playlists, skill based matchmaking, anything, the purpose of these systems is to keep players within that sweet spot between boredom, and difficulty anxiety.

Hah, it's funny because I read Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's book because I wrote my thesis on game narratives (and because every single game scholar basically cites him or someone else who cites him in order to describe how people play games) and I didn't expect him to come up here.

Titanfall 2 already does a lot to encourage flow, so that you aren't too overwhelmed even if you are a solo player running around with no idea what to do.

The R-204 is an amazing gun that you can use forever if you wanted to.
The simplified leveling system means that you feel like you are making progress all the time.
Everyone should be able to get at least one Titan per match, so you get to experience the big "killstreak" reward every time even if you are getting crushed.
It's a game that rewards players heavily for playing the objective, so even if you aren't MLG-pro, you can still contribute.

I can understand the frustrations of constantly dying in moment-to-moment gameplay, but the problem with all shooters in 2016 is that a) no one talks and b) everyone is in parties. There's no balancing method to fix that. If you are a group of solo players playing against a group of 5 or 6, I would say you are most likely going to lose the match unless the solo team is just superior in terms of ability.

I guess Destiny solved that problem with a 3v3-only Trials mode, but I don't think that would work for Titanfall because of the number of players.

They could expand the Colosseum mode so that it accommodates groups and high skill players, so that you gamble 10 credits per match and get some kind of big reward at the end of it if you win... but that would require changing the "economy".

They could bring back the ladder/league system from Titanfall 1, and then at the very least you can see the skill level of every player in the game so if you get destroyed by someone who is a whole different tier above you then at least you don't feel too bad about yourself.

I don't know if a ranked mode will solve the group play problem, because it's a problem that exists in every game - Battelfield, Overwatch, Rainbow Six, etc. If anything, the frustrations will be intensified because if the player base is too small, you're still going to get same same mismatches by virtue of there not being any other options.

I think ranked works in 1v1 situations or group-only situations, but when team compositions are completely random, I don't know if it offers anything that a non-ranked mode brings.

Yes, that should always be a thing. 85% of the time I am playing solo and going against a party can be painful. Maybe they already have that - not really sure.
It feels like every other CoD game introduces a "lone wolf" mode where no parties are allowed.

I'm wondering if it just doesn't work because they keep taking it out.

Yeah it does. But I don't know if to the same extent. I see no reason why it wouldn't though. The image clarity is better for sure than the base PS4.

So obviously super sampling would be in effect if you are using a 1080p tv.

Woo-Fu

Banned
There aren't enough players on PC to add ranked or skill-based matchmaking. I'd be content if it tried to match premades to premades as often as possible, like Overwatch does. It is pretty obvious just looking at tags when you're facing a stack. Course you'll also know from having faced that same stack 5 out of your last 10 matches...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There aren't enough players on PC to add ranked or skill-based matchmaking. I'd be content if it tried to match premades to premades as often as possible, like Overwatch does. It is pretty obvious just looking at tags when you're facing a stack. Course you'll also know from having faced that same stack 5 out of your last 10 matches...
That's the other problem. For modes like LTS when there are only a few hundred players, you're going to keep facing the same people over and over again.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Yeah I mean, I said in the post that you quoted that I don't think SBMM is the answer, but I think Titanfall is an interesting case for a game without SBMM, the consequences of not having it aren't dire for the average, slightly above average, or slightly below average player, but for the upper / lower 10% (ball park figure) I think you can imagine that they lead to some pretty awful experiences.

It's horrible to have to find myself saying things like 'I'm really surprised these guys haven't left the game'. As we finish matches of Hardpoint with 400-80, or Skirmish with 75-8. Watch some decent players on youtube and I find myself saying the same thing. The people gamesager seems to repeatedly spawn trap aren't necessarily awful at the game, his team intentionally cultivate the games spawn system in a way that funnels them into very particular choke points and the opposing team just don't have experience or skill to adapt out of that situation. There not bad, he and his team just have a far better understanding of the game and its mechanics, and that skill gap is only going to get larger as the game progresses.

What do you think about adding a ranked playlist? My argument for it is more detailed in the post above. You only replied about SBMM and I'm interested in your thoughts (and of course everyone else's).

Also, I wanted to add that I don't think COD's SBMM 'didn't work' they've had it since Black Ops 2, so the last 6 or so iterations. I do think Call of Duty has bad netcode, but skill based matchmaking isn't the root of that. It's a peer to peer network with weird means in which it handled lag compensation, combined together to make a super-inconsistent networked experience, made worse by the fact that you cannot see your ping or even, in some cases (MWR) any estimation of connection quality. COD isn't bad because of SBMM, if anything it's one of the few games that has a sizable enough player base to also filter by skill and still retain good matchmaking speeds and match quality, CODs issues are more rooted in its netcode, peer to peer systems, and other poor design choices.

I think you really can't dismiss the smaller maps because its the map variance that makes the LTS meta so interesting. Titan's like Scorch just aren't that useful on the larger maps but complex is perfect, with clear choke points for Scorch to use his fire effectively. Playing these smaller maps alongside larger, and mid sized maps, and learning how to adapt to each with your Titan and pilot loadouts makes the mode much more interesting that it would otherwise be, without that variance.

I definitely get where you're coming from and I know pubstomps discourage some people from playing further. That said, a "competitive" or ranked mode would be interesting. I do agree with you on almost everything you said. :)

It would be nice to have an emblem, patch or whatever in-game equivalent of people who are doing very well.

Also, I think the standard K/D won't work in TF2 due to Titan kills don't necessarily mean Pilot kills, etc. Maybe SPM or some variation of it? Interesting to talk about it now. I also hope Respawn addresses "kill-stealing" by having damage dealt count as your score. Battlefield has done an admirable job at it, I think.

I appreciate you going in depth on this topic. In terms of GS - he tends to play with a group of friends which heavily skews the balance in his favor. In fact, most people that play in premade groups tend to win. Right now, the population is healthy but limited we have to be very weary of anything that splits it further. I would imagine that the average player is having a ball with the MM. I am a solo player and most matches are pretty close.

I would be down for something like rank chips, though.

I agree here. YouTubers only show people the "super awesome wowza" moments. Most of the time, they play with teammates, so they're not burdened with crappy teammates. Heck, from what I've heard and such (working with YouTubers before), some of montages and clips are sometimes "staged" even. Not saying GS is, though, but just saying that it's there.

And I agree with point #2. The player base (at least on PS4) has been going up quite nicely. I don't think it's a good time to fiddle with it and fragment it more.

I play solo all the time and matches are kinda close. Sometimes I get blown out and sometimes our team does the blowing out. I don't feel cheated since I do well enough and attribute it to bad teammates.

I'm starting to think Ronin is an anti-personnel Titan hence he's more effective in Attrition than in LTS.

Oh yeah, first time trying out Attrition, perhaps I have the wrong expectations but I was expecting the battle lines to be a lot clearer lol.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I'm starting to think Ronin is an anti-personnel Titan hence he's more effective in Attrition than in LTS.

Oh yeah, first time trying out Attrition, perhaps I have the wrong expectations but I was expecting the battle lines to be a lot clearer lol.

He's amazing for Bounty Hunt. He can clear entire grunt groups with one melee.

lt519

Holy shit that campaign was fun. I'm not a huge shooter fan but that did just about everything perfectly. Didn't stick to one concept too long but had many fun mechanics, fun story, right amount of difficulty, the end was extremely fun feeling unstoppable, any longer and it would have over stayed it's welcome, good humor, absolutely beautiful game on the Pro. I'd be excited to play Titanfall 3 or some DLC side stories in the universe.

Will be playing through again for sure.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Man I suck at multiplayer lol. The movement and Titans are a lot to learn while still trying to be good at just shooting people. Really fun though :p

Legion is so slow. Really powerful though. I find it's easier to use when set to the far mode and hitting enemies precisely.How is the Extra Battery ability so widely praised? I've used it for a bit, but it doesn't seem like something immediately useful like the Tick bombs or the Sentry. It's like I have to hold on to it for just the right time or it could all be for a waste. And even then, what's the advantage of having a battery immediately?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Legion is so slow. Really powerful though. I find it's easier to use when set to the far mode and hitting enemies precisely.How is the Extra Battery ability so widely praised? I've used it for a bit, but it doesn't seem like something immediately useful like the Tick bombs or the Sentry. It's like I have to hold on to it for just the right time or it could all be for a waste. And even then, what's the advantage of having a battery immediately?

Battery added to a Titan means you get a shield right away. You don't use it until your Titan is deployed. Once it's there, use the boost, enter Titan so you have a shield. :)

I sometimes pick up batteries and then call my Titan. When that happens, it's like I have two shields for my mech. :)
That's the only boost I use now.

Top Bottom