• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

B3N1

Guys, anyone collecting the Helmets encountered a bug where on Effect and Cause Ch.2 it says 5/6 when I have all 6 of the helmets? I collected them on my first time Master walkthorugh, this is an Easy cleanup run.

It seemed weird from the video, that I all of their locations were familiar, but yeah, it's cause I picked them up before.

Greddleok

the spawning system is so fucked that it just drops the guy you killed 5 seconds ago in behind you. Unavoidable random death in any game drives me nuts.

Yup, this pisses me off too. Sometimes even drops you right next to the guy who previously killed you and you immediately die again. There should really be set spawn locations that are invulnerable.

Man this mission towards the end where
you have to fight like 500 titans on the way to the ark
is just kicking my ass. I almost want to stop playing the game and just call it a day on the (admittedly great) campaign. Just not fun and completely frustrating.

Just hang back and let friendly titans do the up close work, you can crouch the same way you can with a pilot, hide behind one of the barriers if need be. Use Tone, fire a few shots from a distance until you lock on and unload rockets. Slowly move your way up, but as long as you keep a good distance you can stay pretty safe.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Man this mission towards the end where
you have to fight like 500 titans on the way to the ark
is just kicking my ass. I almost want to stop playing the game and just call it a day on the (admittedly great) campaign. Just not fun and completely frustrating.

Gotta keep swapping loadouts here, Tone is best to start out with because the shield is essential out in the open with no cover. Either Tone or Ion, but Tone is better. Keep your distance before you progress through the breached wall. I think I used Scorch and Northstar mostly after breaching the wall.

Amazing level, imo.

Zemm

I'm not sure Amped Hardpoint was ever going to be alive on PC. Or even the console versions.

I've never had a problem getting into a game on it on PC. Always instantly in. I guess it depends on your region.

Anyway, no one told me TF2 was going to make other FPS games feel like shit. I just played the BF1 trial and it feels horrible to move around, everything feels sluggish as hell. I dunno if that's just BF1 or because I've been playing TF2.

Dubz

What are some of your favorite builds for Titand and Pilots?

For my Pilot I have been running with:

Volt
Thunderbolt
Stim
Gravity Star
Fast Health Regen
Hover

For my Titan it's always:

Tone
Nuclear Ejection
Reinforced Wall
Dome Shield

I've never had a problem getting into a game on it on PC. Always instantly in. I guess it depends on your region.

Anyway, no one told me TF2 was going to make other FPS games feel like shit. I just played the BF1 trial and it feels horrible to move around, everything feels sluggish as hell. I dunno if that's just BF1 or because I've been playing TF2.

I haven't touched COD/BF for more than a few minutes since original titanfall.

Only games that do it as slower tactical shooters like CSGO or faster (than cod/bf) shooters like dirty bomb, overwatch, and paladins. At this point I'd rather play no shooter than play cod/bf.

Hover is harder than I expected.. it basically makes you a sitting duck in the middle of the air, for everybody to see. I always get picked off before I can aim during a Hover moment.

Zemm

I haven't touched COD/BF for more than a few minutes since original titanfall.

Only games that do it as slower tactical shooters like CSGO or faster (than cod/bf) shooters like dirty bomb, overwatch, and paladins. At this point I'd rather play no shooter than play cod/bf.

I could only handle an hour of BF1, if a game doesn't feel good to move around then I just won't play it. Going back to TF2 was like 'woah, this feels soo good!'

JaMarco

It would be so cool if there was a multiplayer map based on the airships level where you have to jump from ship to ship in the sky.

Revas

My standard loadout

DMR/G2
Charge Rifle
Phase Shift
Frags
Power Cell
Low Profile

Northstar
Enhanced Payload
Nuke Eject
Dome Shield

If the PC playerbase dies, I might have to double-dip and buy the PS4 version. You guys are right - Titanfall 2 makes other FPS's feel sluggish, and I want to keep playing TF2 until the next Respawn release.

Zemm

Attrition and Bounty Hunt

A game with this kind of movement system and pacing should not make you stay on objective points like Hardpoint, imo

You capture the hardpoint and move. I only play hardpoint now and have ran into like 1 camper. Can't stand attrition or bounty hunter. PvP is alright if you're bored of the titans.

Tone is so damn cheap lol

If the difficulty rating was worth a damn they would change the tracking missiles back to the hold to lock method in TF1 from the spamming auto lock on garbage. No cooldowns, just spam garbage.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
PC multi is so dead on this game :(. 100 players on amped hardpoint Fri night

That's for one region/Data Center, no? Change Data Centers. How is PC player count nowadays? PS4 one is going up.

Lé Blade Runner;224214222 said:
If the PC playerbase dies, I might have to double-dip and buy the PS4 version. You guys are right - Titanfall 2 makes other FPS's feel sluggish, and I want to keep playing TF2 until the next Respawn release.

Yep. Same. Heck, I tried going back to BO3 and it felt slow. Hahaha! Thing is, TF2 is super fast, but it's not too chaotic and random that you feel like you're not in control. Worst offender now when it comes to how sluggish and clunky everything feels is BF1. I love the core gameplay but strafing, running, etc. feel sluggish.

Tone is so damn cheap lol

If the difficulty rating was worth a damn they would change the tracking missiles back to the hold to lock method in TF1 from the spamming auto lock on garbage. No cooldowns, just spam garbage.

I'm in the process of regening every Titan, but went back to Tone for one game just for fun, and I did this: https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/797433740821569536

I killed three Titans in less than two minutes (five total in the match) and even managed to battle an Ion and Ronin simultaneously! Mind, I don't think both of them were any good, but still! :D

Zakalwe

Banned
Just traded this in.

The fantastic SP was great for two playthroughs, Andorra really enjoyed the MP.

I'm not particularly great at fps MP anymore, but I was blitzing 2/3 games. It just felt like there was little point carrying on. Nothing more to strive for except more regens and skins.

I think Destiny ruined me. The way MP and SP integrates makes it feel like there's always a point to what you're doing, I think maybe pure pvp games (I know it has SP, but I can only play those so often) aren't for me any more.

I'll keep an eye on it and rebuy once more content is out, especially more SP. It really is a fantastic game.

Titanfall and Titanfall 2 are still the best FPS' since MW2, just hoping PVE Frontier Defense is added soon. Love that mode and would put so much time in to it.

Proc

Finished up the campaign today. Good character building and decent mission design. Definitely enjoying attrition more. It's nice that it was there though.

I'm in the process of regening every Titan, but went back to Tone for one game just for fun, and I did this: https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/797433740821569536

I killed three Titans in less than two minutes (five total in the match) and even managed to battle an Ion and Ronin simultaneously! Mind, I don't think both of them were any good, but still! :D

lol
Yes, they were terrible but Tone requires very little effort. Hell, you weren't even abusing the splash damage to feed your tracking missiles against Ion.

Draper

So I just brought back the arc gun...and I'm still bored out of my mind.

Should I just forgo the single player at this point?

eyesradar

so frastrated with the gauntlet trophy. Followed gamesagers video and practiced for 3+ hours. My best is still on around 36s.

Goddamn it I hate trophies like this. Maybe my age is showing.

Reebot

Finally played some of the campaign, was waiting for the Pro..

Its really, really good. The minute to minute shooting is the weakest part (it works much better in the multiplayer), but it has so much creativity bursting out a the seams. That level, you know the one, is just incredible.

I have a few really basic questions that for some reason I can't find any info on in game.

How does the leveling system work? I get that merits are earned and that's how you level, but how are the stats that give merits determined? Like completing a match and winning is obvious, but good performance? What determines that? What determines leveling a weapon or a titan? Are there progress charts that you can view anywhere? I know after a game it will show like 3 of 6 bars filled up but it still doesn't say what factors into those bars.

Also how do you self destruct in MP?

Reebot

I have a few really basic questions that for some reason I can't find any info on in game.

How does the leveling system work? I get that merits are earned and that's how you level, but how are the stats that give merits determined? Like completing a match and winning is obvious, but good performance? What determines that? What determines leveling a weapon or a titan? Are there progress charts that you can view anywhere? I know after a game it will show like 3 of 6 bars filled up but it still doesn't say what factors into those bars.

Also how do you self destruct in MP?

Merits are given for leveling a weapon or a titan, as well as fulfilling 3 specific objectives per gametype. In Bounty, for example, they are make $600, finish the match, and win the match. An average game seems to give about 4-6 merits.

Merits are used to unlock weapons, titans, equipment, and other goodies earlier. They do not give extra EXP or otherwise advance your level.

You can only self destruct when your Titan is doomed. Simply mash square, X, or whatever key on PC to be ejected. Your Titan will auto destruct on eject.

KodaRuss

So my ping was going crazy as others have said just now. I am usually at a very low ping but it was spiking over and over again up to 150 and back down. Has Respawn said anything about this?

Merits are given for leveling a weapon or a titan, as well as fulfilling 3 specific objectives per gametype. In Bounty, for example, they are make $600, finish the match, and win the match. An average game seems to give about 4-6 merits.

Merits are used to unlock weapons, titans, equipment, and other goodies earlier. They do not give extra EXP or otherwise advance your level.

You can only self destruct when your Titan is doomed. Simply mash square, X, or whatever key on PC to be ejected. Your Titan will auto destruct on eject.

Thanks.
I thought merits were the only thing that determined your level?
Also my main issue is, what determines when a weapon levels and is there any way to see that progress in the menus?

Reebot

Thanks.
I thought merits were the only thing that determined your level?
Also my main issue is, what determines when a weapon levels and is there any way to see that progress in the menus?

Leveling is a standard EXP scheme. Getting points, playing matches, etc. gets you EXP, and a certain amount gets you a level.

You can check your weapon/Titan level progress in the loadout screen. Its the yellow bar divided into chunks.

Menthuss

This is not true. You can manually initiate the self-destruct sequence by pressing X(on PC) and then tapping E thrice (This doesn't trigger Nuclear Ejection sadly).

You capture the hardpoint and move. I only play hardpoint now and have ran into like 1 camper. Can't stand attrition or bounty hunter. PvP is alright if you're bored of the titans.

Matchmaking must bless you, I kept on running into people who only stay on hardpoints to keep it amped.

So my ping was going crazy as others have said just now. I am usually at a very low ping but it was spiking over and over again up to 150 and back down. Has Respawn said anything about this?

Usually my ping is in the 20s, but it has been fluctuation around 70s to 80s like crazy on PC. This really hasn't caused much lag on my end, however.

Can you do multiple happy hours a day across networks?

I tried this last night and I swear I was able to do it twice across two different networks, but couldn't do it any more after that.

Edit: seems like I'm mistaken!

garath

Been using tone for awhile but recently started using Ronin. Wow. He's pretty awesome. So mobile. Can basically circle strafe the slow Titans and get free kills. I'm just as effective as I was with tone if not more.

Loving it. Such a great game.

Top Bottom