• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
So I played the SP and holy shit. IT IS AWESOOOOOOME. I love it, as soon as I got my Titan everything just was so much fun. Awesome.

KodaRuss

Usually my ping is in the 20s, but it has been fluctuationaround 70s to 80s like crazy on PC. This really hasn't caused much lag on my end, however.

I messaged the dude I beat just now and asked if I was lagging for him because I felt like I was a little. Beat him 3-0...

taoofjord

Still can't stop playing this game. Just did my first regen, I really dig that you keep all unlocks except for the character level specific ones (but can still buy whatever you want to unlock early). What a brilliant idea.

Also, this looks so good on the PS4 Pro.

Zemm

Tone is really easy to play though, and definitely the strongest. I don't play anything else because what's the point? You could remove her Sonar ability and she'd still be the best Titan.

Menthuss

Was trying to rodeo a Titan so I fired my grappling hook at it but an ally doomed it just before my grappling hook hit. The dude had auto-eject equipped as, the moment my ally doomed the enemy's Titan, the Pilot tried to eject but my grappling hook hit him at that exact moment and reeled me in for a hilarious melee kill.

E92 M3

Tone is really easy to play though, and definitely the strongest. I don't play anything else because what's the point? You could remove her Sonar ability and she'd still be the best Titan.

She is not the strongest. Scroch or Ion can destroy her. She is very flexible.

Tone bitching is so annoying and I do Scorch these days.

krazen

Not sure why people are mad at amp'ed hardpoint campers. While they can be annoying, my issue are the ones that blindly run to get massacred at B or play rock em/sock em robots when its end game and we have the point lead. Leaving our spawn unamped and give the other team ample catchup opportunity as opposed to sealing the win.

Zemm

She might lose to two titans 1v1, but overall she's clearly the strongest titan. Dunno how anyone can really question that. She's not crazy overpowered but she's still the best in general.

I just unlocked the stoic gold camo on the G2 and it's really underwhelming. It's not even the same color as the box you select it just looks like a bright yellow. I love a good gold camo in shooters but I'm not liking this one.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I have a few really basic questions that for some reason I can't find any info on in game.

How does the leveling system work? I get that merits are earned and that's how you level, but how are the stats that give merits determined? Like completing a match and winning is obvious, but good performance? What determines that? What determines leveling a weapon or a titan? Are there progress charts that you can view anywhere? I know after a game it will show like 3 of 6 bars filled up but it still doesn't say what factors into those bars.

Also how do you self destruct in MP?

If you want to level up fast, switch to low level stuff (weapons, factions, Titans, etc.) so you get merits faster. That's what I do and yeah, I could play the same loadouts and Titan that will net me the highest score, but I find that most people in TF2 is viable and I wouldn't have found that out if I wasn't experimenting. :D

Basically, merits mean XP. One merit is one XP "bar" and I think you need 10 to level up a tier. :)

So my ping was going crazy as others have said just now. I am usually at a very low ping but it was spiking over and over again up to 150 and back down. Has Respawn said anything about this?

Have you tried switching data centers? That happened to me and I switched, and it worked.

No problem! Lets get Tone nerfed! :D

LOL!

I just unlocked the stoic gold camo on the G2 and it's really underwhelming. It's not even the same color as the box you select it just looks like a bright yellow. I love a good gold camo in shooters but I'm not liking this one.

I wouldn't worry about it too much since there's a TON of camos and the gen stuff get better and better. I want that black one but it's at gen 10 or something. Respawn will also add more as time goes on. I sometimes rock the pink ones since I know those annoy a lot of people. ^_^

I think TF2 is the only MP FPS game where I can lone wolf and not get irritated that much. It's also the only FPS where I can do poorly but not rage since I almost always do something cool. Man, if people who are playing other MP shooters only knew what they were missing out on.

If Respawn did free MP weekends or something, and people actually played it and such? I gather a lot of people would get it fast. Just so polished and the balancing isn't that bad, either. Remember we're less than a month out and they're super quick to change stuff.

Khal_B

Check this guys: score was 487 (us) vs 499 (them).

Their MVP was aimbotting clear as day, tracking players behind buildings and instantly mowing anyone down who came in his sight.

End of the game, the hacker was in his titan (Tone) and he saw me. Phase shifted into a building, did enough damage to him to summon my titan (Ronin). Phase shifted into my titan right in front of him because best believe he could see me with his wall hacks.

Rushed up to him, shotty shotty, thunderstorm, melee for kill animation and game! Score: 500 - 499. Justice!

Man, my adrenaline was so high during that, felt really good.

Called him out that he was a hacker and still lost and he said I was a cry baby. I replied that it must have felt good to be the final kill. After that everyone else piled on him and he remained silent till the end of the game.

Damn that felt good.

On the flip side had we lost, I would have felt the complete opposite. Glad things worked out for us in this instance.

Still very annoying to play against. Wish their was a replay system so I could rewatch that ending lol.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Been a dedicated CAR user when it comes to SMGs, but recently switched to the Volt and man...fuck the CAR now haha.

What's everyone's favorite AR? I've still been sticking to the R-201 but haven't tried others.

Dubz

Been a dedicated CAR user when it comes to SMGs, but recently switched to the Volt and man...fuck the CAR now haha.

What's everyone's favorite AR? I've still been sticking to the R-201 but haven't tried others.
R 201 is my fav gun in the game. It's the all purpose gun.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

She is absolutely the strongest. She sits among the top titans for damage output. She has the best defensive ability and sonar too. Her missile core is a free titan kill (sometimes multiple). And Tone is quite easily the best titan for picking off pilots at any range (including indoors).

I've played a shitload since release and even post nerf, Tone is still a way more popular choice than most (hardly anyone selects Ion). That said, if you pick your battle carefully you can take her down - but it's the only Titan that I still have to frequently run from so I can get team mates.

I don't know that she needs a nerf, potentially the other titans need a buff.

E92 M3

She might lose to two titans 1v1, but overall she's clearly the strongest titan. Dunno how anyone can really question that. She's not crazy overpowered but she's still the best in general.

She is not the best, but just user friendly akin to Ryu.

k

Scorch does not beat Tone

:}

I wreck so many Tones, my friend ;)

She is absolutely the strongest. She sits among the top titans for damage output. She has the best defensive ability and sonar too. Her missile core is a free titan kill (sometimes multiple). And Tone is quite easily the best titan for picking off pilots at any range (including indoors).

I've played a shitload since release and even post nerf, Tone is still a way more popular choice than most (hardly anyone selects Ion). That said, if you pick your battle carefully you can take her down - but it's the only Titan that I still have to frequently run from so I can get team mates.

I don't know that she needs a nerf, potentially the other titans need a buff.

I only play attrition and all Titans are equally represented for the most part. It's not that bad at all. The multiplayer is incredibly balanced and fun. And fun being the most important thing.

The Tone issue comes up because a smart player will wreck shop just like a good Ryu would. Any Titan can be used to great success by a good player.

Zemm

Who would you call the best then?

tbh as Tone I only ever need to watch out for Ronin. A Ronin that gets up in your face can do some serious damage and also removes one of Tone's biggest strengths, corner camping for lock-on.

All this talk about Tone and I'm wrecking Tone with Ronin. Once I get close, it's all over.

Yep Ronin really should destroy Tone in a 1v1 as he negates all of Tone's strengths, but it's only him I need to really run from/keep distance if I spot them.

Bydobob

I use both SMGs a hell of a lot and could swear the CAR has lower TTK up close, and it's a wash at range. Would be interested to see the numbers. Volt sounds delicious though.

R201 isn't the long range beast of TF1's R101, but made up for in hip-fire accuracy. It's still my go-to AR for any map other than Complex or Crash Site, where I'd favour the Hemlok.

Menitta

I tried Stim and other tacticals that aren't Grappling hook. I need to use Grapple. I like the amount of control I have with it. Stim is really good, but the one time use isn't for me. Holo pilot doesn't seem to have that many useful applications as well.

Reebot

I tried Stim and other tacticals that aren't Grappling hook. I need to use Grapple. I like the amount of control I have with it. Stim is really good, but the one time use isn't for me. Holo pilot doesn't seem to have that many useful applications as well.

Phase is borderline broken in how much raw utility it offers. And it feels mad cool to use.

Gator86

You don't need direct hits to ready your tracking missiles. Hit buildings, structures, ground near enemy Titans and as long as the splash damage makes contact it counts towards your auto lock on.

They really should remove this. Tone is already a no aim superstar. The extra reward really isn't necessary. Considering each round is roughly the size of a school bus, it's not too much to ask to require players to actually hit something now and then to get their autolock missles.

I wreck so many Tones, my friend ;)

I only play attrition and all Titans are equally represented for the most part. It's not that bad at all. The multiplayer is incredibly balanced and fun. And fun being the most important thing.

The Tone issue comes up because a smart player will wreck shop just like a good Ryu would. Any Titan can be used to great success by a good player.

I play both Bounty Hunt and Attrition and while there is a variety of Titans, Tone is still over represented (I'd love to see Respawns data on this)

I don't think the multiplayer is particularly balanced yet and I'm not sure how anyone could see it that way. There are entire weapon classes that are largely useless in multiplayer (grenade launchers, snipers) while map hack and sonars are everywhere allowing any semi organised team to shut the enemy down and snowball titans to victory.

It's a lot of fun, and I'm wrecking shit in it. But Tone is simply too versatile at the moment. You can't give a Titan the best DPS at most ranges, the best defensive ability, spammable sonar, the strongest 1v1 core and a homing primary weapon that runs on the tears of pilots - and then pack it into a reasonably agile chassis and consider it balance.

I kill Tones all the time (Ion is my preferred method), but if I want to smash the enemy team, a team of Tones is ridiculous.

Top Bottom