• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

i still see map hack a lot. Not too sure if it's the cause of my deaths but still see it. Sonar I see is mostly still due to the majority of titans being tone. I usually play bounty or attrition and i'd say at least 3 titans out of the 5/6 are usually tone/legion. The thing that annoys me about tone is the 1 shot kill on pilots. Like no other titan seems to ohko's me as much. After those two I see ion and northstar next and then rarely see ronin and scorch. Ronin is fun to use but definitely need the battery pack boost otherwise it just doesnt seem like you last as long as you should w/o it. Oh yea crash and complex are the worst maps ever. Crash is so bad for titan battle and too cluttered for me. Complex suffers from the same issues imo

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Thinking of getting this game but I have a few concerns.

I've heard a lot about the sonar and map hack. Is it as bad as the UAV spam in the Call of Duty games?

I know they're not exactly the same but I just hate having people always knowing where u are.

Not as bad, I think. Map Hack is kinda useless now since it pings instead of showing where you are. I honestly don't remember a lot of high level players using Pulse Blade anymore. Most are using Stim, Phase and Cloak.

Only issue I have is when an entire team or a squad uses it and spams the shit out of it. At that point, you can'd do much. But this is the same issue with CoD with UAV spam, no? Easy fix even. Just give the pulse and hack to the one who used it and no one else. Problem solved.

I've gone more toward Ion recently. Legion and Scorch are so slow :(

Same. I've stopped using Tone and focusing more now on Ion and Scorch. I only use Scorch if the maps are Crash Site, Complex, etc. Ion though? You can laser core two Titans and just flat out damage them a lot. I unlocked Ion's Crusader camo and it reminds me of Mass Effect for some reason. Dropped the gold one for it, too.

Wark

Initially, I didn't really like multiplayer because I was terrible and kept dying within seconds after spawning. I was thinking about spending the rest of my day with Overwatch, but then around level 10, the game started to click after I upgraded a few things, switched up my loadout, and learned the maps a little better. Now I'm totally having a blast with this game!

I joined the GAF network on PS4. Add me if anyone wants to play (quote for my PSN ID).

Please quote where I said everyone is a terrible scrub? Tone is balanced and Respawn would be smart to not listen to the complaining. I am on my way to gen 6 and destroy every Titan class playing solo. It's normal for me to have 5-7 Titan kills per attrition game. It's not bragging but simply stating that every Titan requires a different strategy and approach. Positioning is super important - and that is often overlooked for walking in a straight line and shooting. Of course Tone will destroy at the mid-range - that's her specialty. Get in her face, change elevation, bait out a shield. There are so many options for fighting her. It's legit just a "circle jerk" of nerf Tone - and there are plenty of people that agree she is not overpowered. Respawn already tweaked her and the salvo is significantly weaker.

At this point, Scorch and good Ronins scare me much more than a Tone. Most Tone players are very predictable.

Finally, just because "everyone" (it's not everyone) says something in a small community does not make it true. I have seen nerfs ruin a lot of good games and sure as fuck will speak up to prevent one of the best shooters of the generations from getting ruined because people don't like "stuff."

I HATEEEEEEEEEEEE the Hemlock, but would never ask for it to be nerfed. Instead, I will deal with the players that use it.

Full Disclosure: I play Scorch and Tone, so a natural bias applies but I tried my best to be objective.

Again, I'd like to see Respawns data. I am expecting other nerf/tweaks to Tone shortly.

I've played far too many matches with 2-3 Tones setting up and completely dominating the match, both on my team and against.

I'm no slouch at the game and know how to approach each titan. Tone is always a challenge though. Even with effective positioning she owns mid & long range. Elevation has no effect as a good player will fire rockets over/above you. Closing the gap works very well but the shield is an added complication against anyone who knows what they're doing. Add a second Tone or missile core and your titan is up shit creek.

I don't think she's too hard to handle 1v1 in most situations. Add some extra Tones though...

I don't disagree with a lot of what you said her but weapons are pretty balanced. A lot of people her have had a ton of success with lmgs, the cold war and snipers. Snipers and launchers are beastly in the right hands and I think they should be harder to use because of their potential to be exploited. If there were easy to master it would be like cod noob tube or the ridiculously simplified and overabundant snipers in bf1 or cod games

Maybe. At this point using a grenade launcher or sniper rifle feels like an unnecessary challenge. All of the good players/teams seem to be dominated by hitscan automatic rifles and either MGL or Charge Rifle. I'd just like to see some more variety.

Briarios

I have to admit, I was pretty down on the game after the beta -- but, I picked it up when it was on sale at Target, mainly because I heard good things about the campaign. I feel like the mp is much improved over the beta ... I had a lot of fun playing a match of attrition tonight. I did get a Pro, so I guess it could be it plays smoother or is clearer. But, whatever the cause, I'm glad it's playing so well now.

i died numerous times during hard but that was more out of my own stupidity than because of the difficulty.

the movement in this game makes you want to do some John Woo/Neo shit all the time. stopping and popping works too in here and is so much easier but it's the boring path.

exYle

i died numerous times during hard but that was more out of my own stupidity than because of the difficulty.

the movement in this game makes you want to do some John Woo/Neo shit all the time. stopping and popping works too in here and is so much easier but it's the boring path.

Honestly I found stop and pop worked against me. The enemies are surprisingly aggressive (especially Stalkers and Reapers) and the levels are usually open enough that you could get flanked and surprised by the AI. But they're not super great at tracking shots, so the more you move, the less likely you'll die.

ultrazilla

So I bought the digital download version of Titanfall 2 for the PS4 this morning from Gamestop just before 12pm noon Eastern U.S.

They *STILL* have not sent me my code but my bank is showing Gamestop having the charge against my account. Gamestop says in their small print that it could take up to 12 hours to process the order and yeah....still no code from them.

If anyone here that works at Gamestop can answer this-will I even get my code this weekend or am I screwed waiting for Monday and "normal" business hours?

This sucks. And yes, I have plenty of money in my account.

I'm enjoying TF2 much more than the first game, although in some ways I feel like titan on titan combat took a bit of a step back in some areas. AKA I'm one of those people who wants shields back.

Got a nasty game crash right now. Probably the kind where it's supposed to error out, but it didn't. In the Boomtown map, under the bridge. I had just grappled to the ground near an enemy Titan's foot and just when I was about to be trampled, the game froze and I couldn't Alt-Tabor quit. Fortunately, I was able to go to my other monitor and restart my computer from the Start menu, but it was really, really slow.

Oh, and entering a losing match and losing because of it is dumb. This was solved in the first game after an update. Hope that gets fixed soon.

Toki767

Finished the campaign earlier today and thought it was really great.

Played 2 games of multiplayer and I kind of have no desire to keep playing it.

Ion's great. I use her on maps where Ronin isn't really viable (read: Crash Site, Homestead). You can outpoke Tones really easily if you hit the Laser Shot on the crit spot and duck in and out of cover. Positioning is key.
Any new patch notes? Been super busy.

Love me some tf2
Nothing since the Tone/Legion "adjustments". Hopefully something comes soon; I don't want to wait until December for all the fixes Respawn has promised (e.g. melee, getting booted from parties).
Map hack
Map hack
Sonar
Map hack

SO glad I spend most of my time in LTS
Map Hack's not that great anymore if you're on the move, thankfully.

Does Ronin's arc wave do decent damage? I thought it was just something mainly used to slow down titans so I never noticed. Is it comparable to Ion's laser shot?

Dez_

Decided to give the SMR micro missiles a try and was surprised to see how well they performed. You do have to lead your shots from longer distance, but those things are fun to run around and use.

I love experimenting with all the weapons. It feels like any of the weapons can be great in the right hands.

Does Ronin's arc wave do decent damage? I thought it was just something mainly used to slow down titans so I never noticed. Is it comparable to Ion's laser shot?
No, because it can't crit. It does comparable damage to a non-crit Laser Shot though. I run with Thunderbolt (two Arc Wave charges) on Ronin for that reason. It also acts like an Arc Grenade (messes up vision and ability to turn), which is super useful for running circles around enemy Titans during Sword Core.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Holy shit I think I need a break from this game I've been playing it like crazy! Almost Gen 4 playing Mixtape and I'm close to getting all the Advocate Gift patches thanks to the Coliseum. This might be one of my all time favorite multiplayer games ever I love it!

joecanada

Maybe it's just me but the auto pistol perk is terrible. It takes a good 2 seconds to lock on and only in your ads view ?? Maybe I didn't try enough but the only way I can see getting consistent kills is if your opponents are not parkouring around as in they would be playing cod or something lol . I have also been killed by someone right in front of me who shot well before the lock finished . I could have shot them without lock but what's the point

JaMarco

Maybe it's just me but the auto pistol perk is terrible. It takes a good 2 seconds to lock on and only in your ads view ?? Maybe I didn't try enough but the only way I can see getting consistent kills is if your opponents are not parkouring around as in they would be playing cod or something lol . I have also been killed by someone right in front of me who shot well before the lock finished . I could have shot them without lock but what's the point
Yea I barley see anyone using it.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to

I was a little overwhelmed by the multi but it's already much better, I think you'll quickly get used to it if you give it a shot (and maybe adjust your expectations on being good for a minute - I had to). I'm enjoying it a lot now.

I was a little overwhelmed by the multi but it's already much better, I think you'll quickly get used to it if you give it a shot (and maybe adjust your expectations on being good for a minute - I had to). I'm enjoying it a lot now.

Same. First game or two I was like this was really underwhelming. Now I'm really in to it. Have urges to play it. It can get pretty intense when you get in to the groove. Feels really good now that it clicks.

Wark

Oh man, I wanna keep playing. It's already 3 and I gotta work in a couple of hours. I know all day at work I'm going to be thinking about this game.

I felt exactly the same way until I spent a couple hours yesterday playing it. Just keep leveling up and experimenting with your loadouts. Oh, and knowing the maps has a lot to do with it too. I learned the map layout the fastest during the control point games.

(and maybe adjust your expectations on being good for a minute - I had to).
AND THIS! I was jumping in thinking I was going to destroy everything and everyone, but I quickly got frustrated when I was in that mindset. Take it slow! You'll eventually get better and have a lot of fun.

Naar

How do you disable auto aim on ps4?

Is it the setting that says "linear" "classic" etc?

Because I switched to linear and it seemed floaty? I would not move but the crosshairs would go up and down a bit. I basically want the same control feeling as the "classic" but without the auto aim

daedalius

So how in the hell do the executes work when a Titan is critical?

I swear I am right up in dudes faces with ronin when they are critical and I hit them, and no execute. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Is there something special I have to do?

Top Bottom