• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

dankir

PM me which emblem. The faction gifts (presuming that is what you're referring to) will be fixed in an update. The gifts you missed will be rewarded retroactively.

Thanks.

Are we going to get more Multiplayer achievements like the 1st one? When's Frontier defense coming?

Iorv3th

Gahhh just played a match where I was destroying and ended up with like 1300$ and my team all in titans instead of going to the bank when it's open goes across the map to the far bank to get kills instead of depositing what we had....

Greyvvolf

PM me which emblem. The faction gifts (presuming that is what you're referring to) will be fixed in an update. The gifts you missed will be rewarded retroactively.

Thanks.
Would this affect the Nitro Scorch Pack and Amped Happy Hour Callsign? I qualify for both and don't see them anywhere. I did input the code from Amazon for the Nitro Scorch Pack.

Edit: The code only gave me something to download from Battlefield 1. Nothing showed up for Titanfall 2.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
wow I haven't played crash site 6 times since launch. What playlist are you using?

I noticed a weird thing with map rotation. I usually get the same 2-3 maps over and over until I reconnect or something. Yesterday. I played Crash Site and Eden a lot and didn't see Black Water Canal, Boomtown and the rest. I think I played on Homestead once, though.

That said, I'm fine with every map now -- yes even Crash Site and Complex. I find that the Hemlock does wonders in Crash Site (Scorch for those hard-to-reach areas Pilots hide in). Complex is OK as well since I now know when and where to deploy my Titan. Ready for new maps, gear, etc. Hit Gen2.38 now and I think I'll be close to Gen3 by tomorrow.

Strange that everyone thought the grappling hook would be the class everyone gravitated to, but I rarely see it now. Lots of people using Stim, Cloak and the rest. I mostly use Stim nowadays since it's dead useful for escaping from Titans, chasing down Pilots and just being able to navigate from one end of the map to the next in the shortest amount of time possible.

KorrZ

So what's everyone's favourite map? I know in this thread we've pretty universally declared Crash Site and Complex as the bottom of the barrel but how about the best map?

For me, I think Blackwater Canal is the clear winner.

bwat47

Neo Member
I think they stealth nerfed the red highlight for pilots.

Edit: pretty sure they did. Having a really hard time seeing pilots at mid range (legally blind).

If I'm wrong please tell me because it really seems like they did.

I hope they did, it was way over the top imo

Voror

Just started playing today. Enjoying it so far. But holy hell that trophy for the Gauntlet is insane. I've seen several videos giving a rundown for it, but I just can't do what they're managing. I'm thinking I'll just finish the campaign first and stop coming back to it or I'll otherwise drive myself insane.

bwat47

Neo Member
So what's everyone's favourite map? I know in this thread we've pretty universally declared Crash Site and Complex as the bottom of the barrel but how about the best map?

for me it's eden

E92 M3

Some were really fun though, 10 pilot kills in a titan on Zone 18 took me really long to get but was very satisfying, hope they add in a bunch.

I support anything that can be gotten naturally.

--

LOL on another note, I just directed a whole missile salvo on one pilot, it was hilarious.

daedalius

From my understanding you're supposed to hold the melee button to execute.

Same thing with pilot executions from behind.

Is that exposed anywhere?

I mean, its harder to "hold" clicking in the stick. But I guess I'll try it.

There's not really any reason you wouldn't do an execution on a weak titan, considering you are invulnerable while you're doing it, and it instantly kills them once they are weak.

Should just be the way it was in TF1.

wow I haven't played crash site 6 times since launch. What playlist are you using?

Attrition, I don't want to play that map so every time it comes up I just leave, and then the game put me into a new crash site game every time I requeue, it is not even JIP as every time it is from the very beginning and the players are different.

KorrZ

Attrition, I don't want to play that map so every time it comes up I just leave, and then the game put me into a new crash site game every time I requeue, it is not even JIP as every time it is from the very beginning and the players are different.

This has been my experience every time I try and leave a shit map. Got 4 fresh Complex games in a row and just gave up.

Alx

Just play the damned map instead of leaving, it gets better once you know it well. It's more chaotic than other ones, but that's fun too.
The matchmaking algorithm probably tries to make you cycle through all maps, so the more you try to avoid it, the more often it will send you there.

Thanks.
What about banners and emblems relocking? Also, is net worth supposed to reset after regeneration ? Thanks in advance

Ran into another hacker, who had the worst aimbot I've seen (snapping between multiple targets in the same killcam), and also never played the objective (so his team lost horribly). Actually got evidence this time via a friend I was in a party with.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Game is completely unplayable for me right now

3000+ ping every match all of a sudden.

JaMarco

Ran into another hacker, who had the worst aimbot I've seen (snapping between multiple targets in the same killcam), and also never played the objective (so his team lost horribly). Actually got evidence this time via a friend I was in a party with.
Yea I ran into a aimbot hacker the other day, forgot to record it though.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

I'd say, Dry Dock, Black Water Canal, Eden, Exoplanet and oddly enough, Crash Site (I always do very well here since people panic when I set them on fire as Scorch). I think the only map I kinda am not warm to is Boomtown since a lot of times, people just camp inside the structures and matches drag on.

I like maps that offer a good balance between Pilot and Titan combat (I know Crash Site is a contradiction of this, but eh). I can understand why people might not like Crash Site and Complex, but c'mon, people! Don't quit when you see it.

Once you memorize which routes to take and shake up your weapons and Titans, it becomes a breeze. I mostly use Hemlock just for Crash Site with Cloak and I get a ton of kills. Scorch is very good as well since there's a ton of tight spaces.

Quote or tweet the Respawn guys. They're usually quick to ban these asshats. Seriously, I never get why some people cheat in MP games. It's not like they get money or something tangible with it. No one's impressed, and you'll look super pathetic, no?

I just hit Gen2.40 and damn! Will try the R-97 SMG. I kinda hate there's only one happy hour and it doesn't matter if you're a member of multiple Networks. I gather, it will get super abused by some but maybe let us at least get 2-3 games in for double merits? It's a long way to Gen10.

Game is completely unplayable for me right now

3000+ ping every match all of a sudden.

Change Data Centers. Usually gets sorted out. That's what I do.

RAIDEN1

I'm looking to get this game probably close to Christmas, probably 2nd hand, is the Xbox-1 version massively inferior to the PS4 version of does it hold up well?

I think Eden is my favourite map. Unfortunately never play it because the game seems to think it's OK to give Crash Site every game (almost like it's purposefully given)

I'd say, Dry Dock, Black Water Canal, Eden, Exoplanet and oddly enough, Crash Site (I always do very well here since people panic when I set them on fire as Scorch). I think the only map I kinda am not warm to is Boomtown since a lot of times, people just camp inside the structures and matches drag on.

I like maps that offer a good balance between Pilot and Titan combat (I know Crash Site is a contradiction of this, but eh). I can understand why people might not like Crash Site and Complex, but c'mon, people! Don't quit when you see it.

Once you memorize which routes to take and shake up your weapons and Titans, it becomes a breeze. I mostly use Hemlock just for Crash Site with Cloak and I get a ton of kills. Scorch is very good as well since there's a ton of tight spaces.

Quote or tweet the Respawn guys. They're usually quick to ban these asshats. Seriously, I never get why some people cheat in MP games. It's not like they get money or something tangible with it. No one's impressed, and you'll look super pathetic, no?

I just hit Gen2.40 and damn! Will try the R-97 SMG. I kinda hate there's only one happy hour and it doesn't matter if you're a member of multiple Networks. I gather, it will get super abused by some but maybe let us at least get 2-3 games in for double merits? It's a long way to Gen10.

Change Data Centers. Usually gets sorted out. That's what I do.
My favs as wel

ZeroEdge

Finished the campaign last night, that was really fun. A lot of neat ideas and it didn't overstay its welcome.
I agree I just did the same this morning and must say it had great ideas, good execution and (for me anyway) was the perfect length.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Eden by a longshot to me.

Blackwater Canal and Dry Dock are probably distant second/third.

Gator86

It feels great to get matched up with a full party then just lay waste to them yourself.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, goddamn is this playerbase dumb as a brick. Had a friendly Ronin dash into my laser core after I activated it and just block it the entire time. A minute later, I'm in a shoot-out with a Tone and she's turtling behind a shield. Also behind the shield? A goddamn teammate a foot away, but for some reason, facing the wrong direction and not killing the Tone just sitting there oblivious. Ugh, just ugh.

I think the thing I'm enjoying most is how different each game type plays. Attrition/Bounty are similar, but PvP and LTS are completely different feels.

Gator86

I don't get why we can't buy all nose art and skins with credits. Most of them look like utter shit. Why can't we use our credits to buy some of the ones that, somehow, don't?

Schlorgan

I'm looking to get this game probably close to Christmas, probably 2nd hand, is the Xbox-1 version massively inferior to the PS4 version of does it hold up well?

Both versions run really well. Not too much of a difference until you get to PS4 Pro.

You might be able to get it cheaper new over Thanksgiving weekend.

Can someone please explain the god damn execution mechanics to me, because as far as I can tell the thing is a fucking coin toss. I had a guy who had no idea I was behind him and, I waited for the prompt, executed, and all I got was a knife melee. What's up? I've tried holding R3 I've tried tapping R3 and I never get consistent results. As cool as it looks it just never seems worth the hassle.

Menthuss

Can someone please explain the god damn execution mechanics to me, because as far as I can tell the thing is a fucking coin toss. I had a guy who had no idea I was behind him and, I waited for the prompt, executed, and all I got was a knife melee. What's up? I've tried holding R3 I've tried tapping R3 and I never get consistent results. As cool as it looks it just never seems worth the hassle.

If you're talking about pilot executions, just holding your melee button while you're behind them works 100% of the time (for me anyway).

If you meant Titan executions then yeah, it's a coin toss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you're talking about pilot executions, just holding your melee button while you're behind them works 100% of the time (for me anyway).

If you meant Titan executions then yeah, it's a coin toss. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup, holding your melee button behind a player does the execution

Hold X once Titan is in critical mode to perform a titan execution

Gator86

If you meant Titan executions then yeah, it's a coin toss. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I don't get this. Respawn posts on here all the time. Tell us what is going on with titan executions. It's ridiculous. People aren't even sure how to do them much less whether they're working as intended. The entire risk/reward of running in for an execution versus catching a nuke in the face is broken since they're not working right.

Top Bottom