• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

So how in the hell do the executes work when a Titan is critical?

I swear I am right up in dudes faces with ronin when they are critical and I hit them, and no execute. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Is there something special I have to do?

Hitbox on Titan executions is a bit wonky right now.

Listening to Greg Millers thoughts on Titanfall 2 at the moment. My fiance's playing the podcast in the other room.

His thoughts on the game are really awful, in my opinion. Basically comes down to him not wanting to play multiplayer in the long-term, because the game doesn't have multiplayer trophies. He thinks the singleplayer is just okay, and 'battlefield's campaign is better'. I wonder how many people share those kind of thoughts, what kind of people won't play a multiplayer game because it doesn't have substantial trophies?

Fucking love Scorch, when you come up on a group like that with all your core abilities ready to go.

ALzTzUV.gif

I've never amassed a body count quite like that though!

My core wasn't ready to go in that GIF, I built it in from 2% to 100 within 2 seconds. Just got to land the damage and you get it incredibly quickly. if you get two Titan's within a fire pool for any substancial period of time, that's going to get you your core virtually instantly.

Sorry guys. Really want to get the game but is there an ability that is immune to map hacks and sonars?

I hate being on radar as I love to flank

Gator86

I swear I am right up in dudes faces with ronin when they are critical and I hit them, and no execute. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Is there something special I have to do?

Nope, just seem to be broken as shit. They only work "reliably" for me if I'm fucking around as Ronin and just spamming melee. They've got to patch this, and soon, hopefully. It's a fundamental part of the game and right now it's completely unreliable. Fix all the melee, Respawn!

Thank you...So there is no way to know the enemy have everyone revealed on radar; but you know you're not visible on it?

There's no ambiguity at all. You always know if you're map hacked or sonared.

Nope, just seem to be broken as shit. They only work "reliably" for me if I'm fucking around as Ronin and just spamming melee. They've got to patch this, and soon, hopefully. It's a fundamental part of the game and right now it's completely unreliable. Fix all the melee, Respawn!

From my understanding you're supposed to hold the melee button to execute.

Same thing with pilot executions from behind.

There's no ambiguity at all. You always know if you're map hacked or sonared.

They don't work if a Titan is dashing, they don't work if a player has already begun entering the eject sequence.

Otherwise they work very consistently for me. I don't really see it as a fundamental part of the game, the Titan executions are more 'just a bit of fun' than something you need to reliably use to finish a Titan off. Generally a decent player is always going to eject before they let you melee them. It's not a huge component of the game, and in LTS you rarely see players letting themselves get meleed unless they're caught by surprise while on low health.

Greddleok

I love scorch, but I feel it has the lowest survivability of all the titans. Easily the highest DPS though.

Today I had multiple 2-on-1s as scorch. I always came out on top, but also always died. Need to get better at using the shield. Might also switch from nuclear ejection to the dash to help stay alive a little longer.

I love scorch, but I feel it has the lowest survivability of all the titans. Easily the highest DPS though.

Today I had multiple 2-on-1s as scorch. I always came out on top, but also always died. Need to get better at using the shield. Might also switch from nuclear ejection to the dash to help stay alive a little longer.

I think coming out on top of 2 vs 1s with any Titan is great to be honest, I wouldn't complain. I manage the same fairly frequently, but I would say it's usually dependent on my opposition being bad at the game. Titan combat is pretty simple, and two Titan's should not be losing to one. Scorch is powerful but fairly easy to beat since you have to play in his space to take a lot of damage. At range he only deals a little of damage from primary fire, and someone like Ion or Tone can negate that entirely with reflect or shield. With that in mind you're really need to take people by surprise to succeed with Scorch, and I feel that the dash is essential to allow him to shield and move quickly at the same time.

B3N1

Guys, anyone collecting the Helmets encountered a bug where on Effect and Cause Ch.2 it says 5/6 when I have all 6 of the helmets? I collected them on my first time Master walkthorugh, this is an Easy cleanup run.

It seemed weird from the video, that I all of their locations were familiar, but yeah, it's cause I picked them up before.

Reposting on new page. I read up on it, and it happened to others before, and replay didn't solve it for them (I might still try it, it's not too far in the game). Any word on fix from Respawn folks?

Reposting on new page. I read up on it, and it happened to others before, and replay didn't solve it for them (I might still try it, it's not too far in the game). Any word on fix from Respawn folks?

Don't think people are ignoring you, just haven't experienced it ourselves. I haven't gotten around to mopping up the helmets yet so hopefully doesn't happen to me. I'd probably wipe the save and do another easy playthrough for the helmets personally. The game is just over 2 hours long if you rush through it.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
They nerfed them pretty hard. It's not much of an issue now.

Yep. I don't even see it that much anymore. If I do, the Map Hack boost is kinda insignificant due to how it works on pings and not like before.

Listening to Greg Millers thoughts on Titanfall 2 at the moment. My fiance's playing the podcast in the other room.

His thoughts on the game are really awful, in my opinion. Basically comes down to him not wanting to play multiplayer in the long-term, because the game doesn't have multiplayer trophies. He thinks the singleplayer is just okay, and 'battlefield's campaign is better'. I wonder how many people share those kind of thoughts, what kind of people won't play a multiplayer game because it doesn't have substantial trophies?

My core wasn't ready to go in that GIF, I built it in from 2% to 100 within 2 seconds. Just got to land the damage and you get it incredibly quickly. if you get two Titan's within a fire pool for any substancial period of time, that's going to get you your core virtually instantly.

That's kinda saddening to hear. I mean, a game should be played if it's fun and not because you get something to boost your stats on something so random. How on earth can you think the single-player is just "OK?" Did he reference another FPS SP that he deemed amazing?

I was a little overwhelmed by the multi but it's already much better, I think you'll quickly get used to it if you give it a shot (and maybe adjust your expectations on being good for a minute - I had to). I'm enjoying it a lot now.

Same as me at first. People might be overwhelmed initially due to how you need to know the proper guns, proper tactical, proper Titan and loadout, etc. Once you give it a chance and level up; find the right weapon for you, etc., it becomes so easy to get lost in the MP.

Nice balance of progression, weapon balance and tight gameplay helps round it out. Even for lone-wolfers, this is a game that you can do well in. I think the last time I got addicted to an MP game like this was BF4 and BO3. It has that "every game" appeal of CoD, but offers meatier gameplay and mechanics.

---

Also, purely random and could be nothing, but this early US time, already at 16K players! I think it's safe to say now that the PS4 player population has grown. I imagine if this keeps up, it'll be even more once Black Friday, Christmas rolls around. Very happy with this.

I was playing with Ronin to level him up and stuck on Nuclear Ejection.

Damn on Bounty Hunt it really is cheesing. Go to the Bounty Titan, trap in a corner, let it get you in a Doom state... profit.

With the Bounty switching between Titan waves and Grunt waves, you can easily get another Titan ready for the next one to drop.

If you are lucky with the nuclear Ejection against the Bounty Titan and an enemy Titan/Pilot, you will have one ready to drop instantly.

In Attrition it is more of a risk of course because you give the enemy 10 points for 'killing' your Titan.

Feels like Nuclear Ejection kills shouldn't count towards your Titan meter, or at least nerf if a bit so you can't get a fresh new Titan within seconds of the last.

KodaRuss

Just took down a Tone, Iron and Legion with a Ronin, I isolated the legion and then went behind the ion and tone, killed em both

What game mode was this? I have been playing a lot of LTS lately and there are some very bad players out there but not this bad...

Greddleok

Fuck what an amazing feeling.

I just did another 2v1 as Scorch. Titan blew up, I grabbed a battery, blew up that titan and before I could even think about what was happening, I had another titan fall ready. Only this time I had a battery ready.

Then proceeded to stay alive for the rest of the game.

I feel like I'm getting good at titan combat, but I'm still steamrolled in pilot combat. I'm much more used to games with a long time to kill, and as a pilot I feel like I die before I can even react 9/10. If I can react, it's because the other person is terrible and can't hit shit.

Alucrid

Banned
finished the campaign. it was fun but i don't think i feel as strongly as some around here. the two obvious parts were highlights but it felt like they came and went a bit too fast. aside from that the thing that i disliked most about titanfall was...well...the titans. they always felt a bit too slow and meandering for my tastes, but i did enjoy scorch's abilities and comboing them.

Zemm

It's so weird how they took out the smart pistol as a primary weapon due to the "cheapness" of it (i.e. Auto lock) but added all kinds of cheap stuff like ticks (which seem to have a short immunity at spawn? I was shooting one for a while after it spawned and it only started to tick damage as it came close enough to kill me), pilot turrets, map hack, sonar etc.

Ticks also seem to be immune when they fly.

That's on your data centre. If all games split your player pool by your local data centre then you'd find a lot of games appeared 'dead'. It's not as popular on PC, but it's by no means dead. People need to quit this melodramatic nonsense. It creates a self-fulfilling prophecy where you do actually manage to gradually kill the game.

When I play after midnight on PS4, the 8 vs 8 Skirmish playlists has less than 40 people in my data centre, yet I still get a game very quickly. It's hardly 'dead', it's just the way the game works. Even on Call of Duty offers very underwhelming numbers for less popular playlists, and even worse if they were split by data centre.

There were 107 people online really early in the morning on pilots v pilots and I was still in a game within 30 seconds every single time. You just don't need a huge amount of people to get into games quickly it seems.

E92 M3

I think they stealth nerfed the red highlight for pilots.

Edit: pretty sure they did. Having a really hard time seeing pilots at mid range (legally blind).

If I'm wrong please tell me because it really seems like they did.

Tosyn_88

What game mode was this? I have been playing a lot of LTS lately and there are some very bad players out there but not this bad...

It might be that some are bad but for the most part, Ronin causes confusion and if you can take advantage of that, he's very lethal

Most people seem to be really happy with the game so I guess I have to give it a try. Will get the game next week.

However I missed the first Titanfall. Do the regular players suggest playing the campaign first before you go to multiplayer? How long is the learning curve for the multiplayer?

Zemm

Most people seem to be really happy with the game so I guess I have to give it a try. Will get the game next week.

However I missed the first Titanfall. Do the regular players suggest playing the campaign first before you go to multiplayer? How long is the learning curve for the multiplayer?

Play the campaign first, it'll teach you the pilot and more importantly the Titan mechanics.

I did it backwards and played a ton of multiplayer and then the campaign. Didn't touch single player until I was G2, and thus my bad habits carried over to the campaign, where the game was clearly trying to teach me how to play. I kept trying to double jump before it was even enabled lol.

Zemm

When you break 180 points in Attrition and the server crashes just as you bring down the dropship

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

I'm having fun but I'm always playing Solo on PC (EU), is there anyone else that plays regularly? If so add me on Origin "Zemmepie"

Also beat gauntlet trophy, was actually really easy once you've played a lot of the MP.

Just wanted to say I got this pretty much cuz of GAF reactions on the solo campaign and some of my interest in the original Titanfall, though I never had the chance to splurge money on it at the time. I didn't expect to be hooked from as soon as the tutorial time trial (which I kinda wish there was more of for me to practice), and my God each level just introduced something new and fun to play with.

My thanks to you all for getting the word out! Online has been amazing and I've been hooked for a week or so now. I've been craving a multiplayer shooter for ages and this feels familiar and new at the same time, which is really just what I needed. A shame my internet has been a bit shabby lately, but at least I got a solid af campaign to replay if it gets unplayable.

Arkanius

Just wanted to say I got this pretty much cuz of GAF reactions on the solo campaign and some of my interest in the original Titanfall, though I never had the chance to splurge money on it at the time. I didn't expect to be hooked from as soon as the tutorial time trial (which I kinda wish there was more of for me to practice), and my God each level just introduced something new and fun to play with.

My thanks to you all for getting the word out! Online has been amazing and I've been hooked for a week or so now. I've been craving a multiplayer shooter for ages and this feels familiar and new at the same time, which is really just what I needed. A shame my internet has been a bit shabby lately, but at least I got a solid af campaign to replay if it gets unplayable.

The gameplay hook of Titanfall multiplayer is very simple.
And so satisfying.

Love it.

Got this yesterday and played through around 3/4 of the campaign and a multiplayer match. Gotta say the campaign is great, but wasn't feeling the multiplayer unfortunately, I had no idea what I was doing. Finished the campaign this morning, and it made me want Respawn to make a metroidvania style platformer.

KorrZ

Been playing the MP on this non-stop and finally decided to do a bit of campaign last night. Holy. Shit. The last mission I just did
Effect and Cause
was amazing.

Argonomic

Just had a glitch where an emblem didn't unlock. That plus advocate gifts not being given is really frustrating :(

PM me which emblem. The faction gifts (presuming that is what you're referring to) will be fixed in an update. The gifts you missed will be rewarded retroactively.

Thanks.

EL CUCO

I'm officially ok with Crash Shite. Now that I know how to run the map better its alright with me. Complex is still a work in progress tho.

Top Bottom