• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
So how many people have been exclusively spending their credits on Coliseum tickets? Everytime I get 200+ credits I just go deep into Coliseum and just keep playing that until all my credits are gone. Really love that mode, my longest winstreak was 20 haha.

Just prestiged for the first time, in Gen 2.0 now. Only played Attrition and used the Hemlock so far, the whole time. Time to switch everything up.

Such a great game, been playing every day since the release.

Zemm

Crash and Complex are genuine dog shit maps. I've made a pact to quit out of those two any time they come up now, two of the worst FPS maps I've ever played. Just remove them from the game and you instantly make it better.

Crash in particular is an absolute mess of a map, where everything gets funnelled into 2-3 very narrow corridors which allows a team to quickly snowball any Titan advantage they have. The wall running on that map is terrible too.

Complex has like two spots you an drop a Titan. Every time I think it's safe to call in a Titan it ends up on the other side of the map (where the airship picks up the losing team).

joecanada

So how many people have been exclusively spending their credits on Coliseum tickets? Everytime I get 200+ credits I just go deep into Coliseum and just keep playing that until all my credits are gone. Really love that mode, my longest winstreak was 20 haha.

Not me that's for sure I probably have 350 or more but Coliseum is excruciatingly boring to me I can't do it.

joecanada

Sorry, that's on XBO. Not sure what button it would be on PS4 - Square?

That's how I've always executed titans. As soon as they've gone critical you can hold X to perform an execution

That doesn't make sense if true. Why would execution be the same button as exiting the Titan? Why wouldn't it be melee ?

Fuck this game. I'm done.

Had a Titan doomed. Kept trying to execute him. He drops my last two battery charges and executes me right away. Fuck off respawn.

Gator86

Fuck this game. I'm done.

Had a Titan doomed. Kept trying to execute him. He drops my last two battery charges and executes me right away. Fuck off respawn.

Yup, definitely the worst part of the game right now. It's trash and they should maybe fix it asap or, I don't know, post something on a message board somewhere.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Not me that's for sure I probably have 350 or more but Coliseum is excruciatingly boring to me I can't do it.
Oh man I love it almost to the point I'd rather play it than the other game modes. At first I was pretty intimidated since you had to get tickets and spend credits to play it, but after I found out credits are pretty easy to get I just went into it and have gotten pretty good ever since. Even got a few messages from people complimenting me on some kills feels good.

Finally got the Spitfire to Gen 2. Not sure what role it's supposed to fulfill; you can't fire it for a long time since the recoil increases significantly the longer you fire it, but it's not good in short bursts at long or short range compared to the other options available. Its only real advantage is that you don't have to reload it between fights.
Is this pc?
Yes, on PC.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This is honestly the best FPS I have played in a long time.

Just feels so good. Also a good unlock progression

Zemm

This is honestly the best FPS I have played in a long time.

Just feels so good. Also a good unlock progression

The merit and credit system is really good, much better than just plain XP.

It's a great game though despite some of my complaints, at least equal to Overwatch which is definitely a good thing.

Arkanius

Finally got the Spitfire to Gen 2. Not sure what role it's supposed to fulfill; you can't fire it for a long time since the recoil increases significantly the longer you fire it, but it's not good in short bursts at long or short range compared to the other options available. Its only real advantage is that you don't have to reload it between fights.

Yes, on PC.

I really dont understand what the Spitfire is supposed to accomplish.

Mupod

Regenerated my pilot for the first time - I hadn't spent a single credit and instead just tried out everything as it unlocked. I had enough to almost buy my entire kit back including Low Profile. But I find it a little strange that factions don't stay unlocked.

The loadout I've settled on:

Devotion - Extra ammo, faster aim down sights, stock sights (I prefer the wider FOV to pick up secondary targets)
Thunderbolt - I only use it because it gives you a ton of Titan charge.
Firestar - see above. Nice for killing grunts too I guess.
Pulse Blade - Interacts with Devotion very well. If I'm not taken by surprise I'm confident I can win most exchanges and this helps that happen. The fun part is using it to see through smoke in bounty hunt/attrition and mowing down everything. I got a triple pilot kill on Crash Site and had enough in the magazine left to kill some grunts too. I was using the threat highlight scope on the gun for a while but I don't like how much it obstructs my view. Stock sights all the way.

Titan is Northstar - enhanced payload and extra dash. I dabbled in Tone and Scorch but I do so much better on Northstar. As fragile as she is, her slim profile and agility lets me escape so much shit that I tend to go on insane streaks. With good ally support I tend to just completely take apart the other team. Tether still sucks and flight mode is very situational but I've definitely been learning when to use it to pick off a fleeing pilot or get a view of the battle. But the ability I really slept on was Northstar's fire rocket thing. With enhanced payload you can do all kinds of stuff with it - clear out an entire drop pod of grunts, kill pilots hiding in buildings, or even get things off your back without needing to pop smoke. It also does a shit ton of damage to slow titans like Legion. I get a shocking number of kills with it.

Boost - extra battery. I actually give the battery away quite often just to get my own titan out faster. Northstar benefits from it greatly if I do decide to keep it.

I could see myself experimenting more but really this is what works for me. I tend to do very well even though this game likes to throw its patented bullshit bad respawns at me.

How does everyone rate the maps from best to worst?

Drydock - This map is fantastic, the only amazing map imo.
Black Water Canal
Eden
Exoplanet
Boomtown
Kodai
Complex
Homestead
Crash Site - This map is making me hate Attrition since I get it 30% of the time.

Ugh. The timer in Attrition sucks balls. So many times I/we have lost by just a few points because time ran out. I hope they either extend the timer, or remove it altogether.

E92 M3

Black Water Canal
Eden
Exoplanet
Boomtown
Kodai
Complex
Homestead
Crash Site - This map is making me hate Attrition since I get it 30% of the time.

I enjoy every map (Eden is my FAVORITE) except Crash Site. Can't stand Crash Site; does not feel like a TF map.

Reebot

Worst part about complex is that during intro drop you get a great view of interesting building layouts and design, only the be funneled into small corridors for 90% of the map.

Respawn should dump the TF 1 maps into this game, as quickly as they can.

JaMarco

Worst part about complex is that during intro drop you get a great view of interesting building layouts and design, only the be funneled into small corridors for 90% of the map.
That is true, there's actually a lot of cool corridors and rooms in that map but the flow of the games almost never take you there.

DSix

Banned
I'll be honest with you guys. While I had a few days of good fun, I think I already got bored of TF2. There's no real hook once you're past the initial discovery phase. Bounty and Attrition are great variations on deathmatch, but it's not quite enough to keep me in (and on PC those are the only populated modes).

I simply find myself sticking to Overwatch and forgetting I have any other MP shooter.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Regenerated my pilot for the first time - I hadn't spent a single credit and instead just tried out everything as it unlocked. I had enough to almost buy my entire kit back including Low Profile. But I find it a little strange that factions don't stay unlocked.

The loadout I've settled on:

Devotion - Extra ammo, faster aim down sights, stock sights (I prefer the wider FOV to pick up secondary targets)
Thunderbolt - I only use it because it gives you a ton of Titan charge.
Firestar - see above. Nice for killing grunts too I guess.
Pulse Blade - Interacts with Devotion very well. If I'm not taken by surprise I'm confident I can win most exchanges and this helps that happen. The fun part is using it to see through smoke in bounty hunt/attrition and mowing down everything. I got a triple pilot kill on Crash Site and had enough in the magazine left to kill some grunts too. I was using the threat highlight scope on the gun for a while but I don't like how much it obstructs my view. Stock sights all the way.

Titan is Northstar - enhanced payload and extra dash. I dabbled in Tone and Scorch but I do so much better on Northstar. As fragile as she is, her slim profile and agility lets me escape so much shit that I tend to go on insane streaks. With good ally support I tend to just completely take apart the other team. Tether still sucks and flight mode is very situational but I've definitely been learning when to use it to pick off a fleeing pilot or get a view of the battle. But the ability I really slept on was Northstar's fire rocket thing. With enhanced payload you can do all kinds of stuff with it - clear out an entire drop pod of grunts, kill pilots hiding in buildings, or even get things off your back without needing to pop smoke. It also does a shit ton of damage to slow titans like Legion. I get a shocking number of kills with it.

Boost - extra battery. I actually give the battery away quite often just to get my own titan out faster. Northstar benefits from it greatly if I do decide to keep it.

I could see myself experimenting more but really this is what works for me. I tend to do very well even though this game likes to throw its patented bullshit bad respawns at me.

Nice write-up. Makes me want to put more time into Northstar :D
I've been toying with the Devotion too lately. Very fun as part of my "Soldier" loadout.
(I'm a nerd and tend to make builds based on a certain roleplay/playstyle, with a couple of mode-specific loadouts for good measure.)

Respawn should dump the TF 1 maps into this game, as quickly as they can.
100% Agree . More maps, please ... and a few titans

Just self-destruct and took out two Titans and their Pilots. Felt pretty good :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSTUT8Td6Yg
lOM301.gif

Dear Respawn,
Will I be able to buy the deluxe edition skins and such? I kind of want to give you more money for making one of my favorite shooters of all time. I also feel guilty for getting this as part of Amazon's E3 sale but not that guilty because I have convinced 4 or more people to buy this game:)

E92 M3

I'd had zero success with it. And then all of a sudden... this! lol

That's Titanfall for you :p

Dear Respawn,
Will I be able to buy the deluxe edition skins and such? I kind of want to give you more money for making one of my favorite shooters of all time. I also feel guilty for getting this as part of Amazon's E3 sale but not that guilty because I have convinced 4 or more people to buy this game:)

I am sure they will have something in the future. I'd love to support them more.

Wish there was skill based matchmaking. Nothing sucks more than getting stuck on a shit team

As someone coming from Destiny, I never want to hear of SBMM again lol. That shit ruined the crucible for me. I'd rather take a loss every now and then have to sweat every match.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Try

Black Water Canal
Eden
Exoplanet
Boomtown
Kodai
Complex
Homestead

I don't know the names of all the maps but I searched to find out the name of the worst map and it's Complex. Yu-u-uck.

Titanfall 2 has a few problems that Titanfall didn't suffer with but the main ones for me are the bottlenecks being so much larger - long corridors and camping, I don't get the idea about making a game about speed and then creating all these nooks and crannies that people set themselves down on with a crossbar trained on an entrance. Do Respawn want the game to slow down?

Hopefully the new maps will have a slightly different design idea ( and will reintroduce challenges and achievements - the endless grind to regen 12 is less inspiring than there being no unlocking at all, imo.

Triteon

Well I keep getting crushed in this game. I'm up to level 24 and I still don't think I've been top of my team once.

Can anyone tell me what the point of the grenadier weapons are? Perhaps I haven't unlocked enough of them yet. I thought they were going to be "all in" vs titan, but they don't seem to do much damage to titans (well at least the two I've got unlocked). The mini rocket one is pretty good at killing pilots though, but not better than a SMG or assault rifle from the same range.

I was hoping they would be better for titans because I run out of shots with my Anti titan weapons a lot, and I was hoping to offset this with an anti titan class. but so far its been unsuccessful.

Neolombax

I'll be honest with you guys. While I had a few days of good fun, I think I already got bored of TF2. There's no real hook once you're past the initial discovery phase. Bounty and Attrition are great variations on deathmatch, but it's not quite enough to keep me in (and on PC those are the only populated modes).

I simply find myself sticking to Overwatch and forgetting I have any other MP shooter.

I feel you man. After reaching nearly Gen3, kinda feel the repetitiveness sinking in. Changing my loadouts and Titans just arent doing it anymore. I still play though, albeit only like an hour or two a day, and those play times are still awesome.

Overwatch burned out on me way way sooner though.

Black Water Canal
Eden
Exoplanet
Boomtown
Kodai
Complex
Homestead
1. Homestead
2. Homestead
3. Homestead
4. Homestead
5. Homestead
6. Homestead
7. Homestead
8. Homestead
9. Homestead

Reebot

Well I keep getting crushed in this game. I'm up to level 24 and I still don't think I've been top of my team once.

Can anyone tell me what the point of the grenadier weapons are? Perhaps I haven't unlocked enough of them yet. I thought they were going to be "all in" vs titan, but they don't seem to do much damage to titans (well at least the two I've got unlocked). The mini rocket one is pretty good at killing pilots though, but not better than a SMG or assault rifle from the same range.

I was hoping they would be better for titans because I run out of shots with my Anti titan weapons a lot, and I was hoping to offset this with an anti titan class. but so far its been unsuccessful.

Their's really not much point to any weapon class other than SMG and automatic rifles.

You can good with the others and stomp pubs, but if you're having trouble stick to the above.

Reebot

I feel you man. After reaching nearly Gen3, kinda feel the repetitiveness sinking in. Changing my loadouts and Titans just arent doing it anymore. I still play though, albeit only like an hour or two a day, and those play times are still awesome.

Overwatch burned out on me way way sooner though.

If you're already gen 3 you've been playing a ton. Might just need to pace yourself.

Top Bottom