• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Gator86

Didn't someone say that Ronin's melee already does more damage than the other Titans' melee?

Either way, Ronin's more immediate problem is his Phase Dash instantly killing him if an enemy Titan occupies his exit spot. That shit needs fixing ASAP.

Agreed. It should do damage to the enemy titan and push you apart a short distance instead. I'd love to hear from Respawn on the litany of issues in the game.

Izuna

Banned
Ronin's Sword does do more damage. 65 instead of 50 (I think)

The problem with the Sword... Is that if another Titan mashes melee it keeps pushing Ronin away. I think there's some kind of thing where if two Titans melee they don't deal damage. That's fucking stupid and it made me quit using Ronin.

Gator86

Thank you! And what about the other Titans that already have a Dash. It still seems like a second Dash would be top tier. Are there any other Titans that could do well with picking another perk in that category as opposed to Turbo Engine?

I run dash core on almost every Titan. The extra mobility is incredibly helpful on offense and defense. The removal of titan shields really necessitates more active play if you want to keep your titan around.

I think Ronin may have been stealth buffed. My past few games have had me just chewing through Titans with him. Maybe I've just gotten better at dashing around people in close quarters, but I feel like his Sword Core + general melee may be doing more damage.

Risette

A Good Citizen
had this happen yesterday
http://i.imgur.com/ONTJZ0Q.mp4
CxIsrksUsAEr2US.jpg:large

felt good.

j-wood

Can anyone explain how the electrified smoke counter measure works? I never seem to have one when I summon my titan. Does it start on a cooldown or something?

Alx

had this happen yesterday
http://i.imgur.com/ONTJZ0Q.mp4
CxIsrksUsAEr2US.jpg:med

felt good.

How can you crush three titans with a single drop ? What were those titans doing, humping each other ? o_0

Can anyone explain how the electrified smoke counter measure works? I never seem to have one when I summon my titan. Does it start on a cooldown or something?

Yes, with default configuration you need to wait for the smoke to load first. But there's a titan perk that pre-loads one as soon as you get your titan.

After 30 hours on pc I finally got to try the ps4 version...

That FOV, those people camping on rooftops, ho boy.

How's the PC community? I'd prefer playing on PC with my 1080, but I assumed the PC community would be weak like the TF1 community was so I assumed the PS4/One version would have better legs.

Gator86

I think Ronin may have been stealth buffed. My past few games have had me just chewing through Titans with him. Maybe I've just gotten better at dashing around people in close quarters, but I feel like his Sword Core + general melee may be doing more damage.

Respawn should never stealth change anything. It's not an acceptable approach to patching games. Things should only be changed when announced and referenced in patch notes. This type of uncertainty is not good for a game.

I'd say PS4
Hmm, I think the playerbase is higher on Xbone

thisisneogaf.gif

If more opinions are split, I'll assume both are adequate. Just trying to plan for longevity. It did not have the best legs on PC. I checked the GAF groups in the OP and noticed the PC group is like 7x the size of either console group. I didn't expect that, but I don't know if it really means anything at all.

Risette

A Good Citizen
How can you crush three titans with a single drop ? What were those titans doing, humping each other ? o_0
no idea

too bad I died pretty much instantly after that, the shock of doing what I just did plus it being like my second time ever trying scorch ;_;

Mupod

How's the PC community? I'd prefer playing on PC with my 1080, but I assumed the PC community would be weak like the TF1 community was so I assumed the PS4/One version would have better legs.

I've had absolutely no trouble finding matches very quickly but I only do Bounty Hunt, Attrition and Mixtape. I think I usually see about 6000 total online but don't quote me on that.

Only issue is that if you only run a specific playlist like bounty hunt you may sometimes run into organized pubstomps and it'll match you against the same groups multiple times. I don't have this problem if I run mixtape though.

Can't really expect great matchmaking with a playerbase that isn't absolutely massive, but it sometimes seems like it gives no fucks and puts together some really unbalanced teams for the sake of matchmaking speed.

It's certainly not BF1 numbers, but it's fine. It seems like it's got slightly less concurrent players than MW:R, but way more than IW MP. People will stick around this time too, since the PC version didn't ship with a bunch of technical issues.

I'm guessing that when the first major DLC drops (hopefully around the holidays) the playerbase will jump on all platforms.

I have access to the PC version and the PS4 version and the player base numbers aren't very different tbqh.

Zemm

PC community is good, the matchmaking is excellent and I've never spent more than 30 seconds looking for a match.

The game is a lot different between console and PC, way more movement going on in the latter, way less camping for obvious reasons.

If you have the choice between PC and console then it's a no brainier imo.

went in for an execution on a doomed titan, all I got was a melee and a face full of nuclear detonation. Rip. Dont understand the reqs for a doomed titan execution. Especially since most people seem to run the doomed nuclear detonation perk

FStop7

Banned
Is the player base for this stronger on the Bone or PS4?

Help me decide which to go with.

Xbone has a consistently higher player count. But I've never had trouble finding a match on PS4, though I usually stick to Attrition. I started off on Xbone but now I'm focused on PS4.

In addition to the GAF networks there are also healthy Giant Bomb networks on each platform. It's awesome to have team voice chat going without any jerks.

Unrelated: Crash Site is a shit map.

Izuna

Banned
This is great, but that *stupid* warning foils so many of my plans. I have no idea how people still get crushed when the AI says there is a hostile titanfall incoming lol.

I liked it better without the warning - crushed so many titans in the first game :p

R1 did tell you, and it was more noticeable, no?

---

TITANFALL 2 |OT2| Population. Complex

Mupod

This is great, but that *stupid* warning foils so many of my plans. I have no idea how people still get crushed when the AI says there is a hostile titanfall incoming lol.

I liked it better without the warning - crushed so many titans in the first game :p

I play Northstar + extra boost and I go so fast that I rarely get the warning as I'm out of its range. So once in a while someone will get a random dumb luck drop on me out of nowhere as I'm dashing across the map.

Shoutout to HeyImNewHere for absolutely wiping the floor with me yesterday and then neglecting my feeble attempts at teaming up via the GAF network. :p

Game is still fun as hell. Haven't touched the campaign since Effect and Cause. Having too much of a ball playing MP. Still suck at using the titans. I tried Ronin for a little bit, got destroyed, and went back to leveling Ion.

Also, the G2 rifle fucking destroys. Love that gun after growing tired of the R-201.

Izuna

Banned
I do no recall R1 saying anything, but I'm being forgetful. I used to get them all the time in R1, but here I've only gotten 1 or 2 when the game came out lol.

7WagKP3.gif

Quickest way to provide proof, patch notes:
- Fixed Titan warnings for incoming hostile Titanfall and getting rodeoed not playing sometimes.
- http://www.trueachievements.com/n18629/titanfall-receiving-a-horde-mode-in-newest-update.htm

~~~

It's more to do with map design and how inaccurate positioning a Titanfall is in this game. ;(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OeahcXdCdw <-- me 2 years ago

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Still playing and loving the game, but haven't checked in here for a while. And you're still all whining about the title of thread...

LOL!

What is the opinion on using Scorch? I had been playing Tone up to level 8 and enjoying him but was playing Scorch a bunch last night and found him to be quite powerful on groups.

I find success with him in close-quarter maps like Crash Site, Complex, etc. If you can corner a Titan, you can damage them without even seeing them. :D I managed to kill a Titan by lobbing a gas canister and just trapping him in one area of Crash Site.

His main issue for me is taking out Pilots in ledges, etc. Since it takes a long time for your thermite launcher to reload. In tight maps, though, Pilots will literally be something easy to cook.

Has there been word on what we can expect for DLC besides maps? Additional Titans, pilot types, game modes?

I think maps, modes (Frontier Defense is almost a lock), and some new weapons, etc. I assume we'll see at least one more new Tactical since the placement of 'em really seems weird.

Is the player base for this stronger on the Bone or PS4?

Help me decide which to go with.

I think it's bigger on Xbox One. I play on PS4, and there's like 12K players now. Usually 16-18K on weekdays (or more) and 20K+ on weekends. Not bad. :)

Honestly I would think we need to poke fun at all of the people asking if the game is dead or not.

Titanfall 2 |OT2| Is this game dead yet?

Hahaha! You know some people will see that as a negative and not get the joke. xD

---

I just hit Gen3! Woo! Will get the Alternator and G2 to regen before diving back to other guns again. That progression system is really something. It's better than Call of Duty's since it constantly teases you of what you'll get. I also get excited getting Advocate Gifts but only managed to get 1-2 good items. Most are Coliseum tickets or banners that I don't dig.

Those wondering about Titan executions, I think it's not a hold but just a front melee. That said, I rarely do it since it takes too long. If I get bonus points for it, I'l do it but I find I'm just compromising my death machine a few seconds.

E92 M3

I play Northstar + extra boost and I go so fast that I rarely get the warning as I'm out of its range. So once in a while someone will get a random dumb luck drop on me out of nowhere as I'm dashing across the map.

Haha, I've been randomly crushed before. Made me mad salty lol.

Quickest way to provide proof, patch notes:
- http://www.trueachievements.com/n18629/titanfall-receiving-a-horde-mode-in-newest-update.htm

~~~

It's more to do with map design and how inaccurate positioning a Titanfall is in this game. ;(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OeahcXdCdw <-- me 2 years ago

Brings back so many memories. I used to do that too.

Top Bottom