• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

If you don't have any Electric Smoke available when you get rodeoed, is it smart to immediately disembark and try to shoot the enemy off your Titan's back?

I would say no

If you have dashes available wait until they jump off and dash backwards. You'll likely squish them.

One more thing.
It feels like the AIM is set to some kind of AUTO-AIM mode.
Sometimes it seems that my "cross" automatically locks the target.
Is it so?

My settings:
Curve: classic
Death zone: no
Death zone movement: small

(I'm translating from Italian, so it could be a little different)

Yeah, the aim assist in this game along with bf1 is pretty ridiculous. It seems to snap and drag towards targets. 8 sensitivity looks to disable it all together.

Izuna

Banned
One more thing.
It feels like the AIM is set to some kind of AUTO-AIM mode.
Sometimes it seems that my "cross" automatically locks the target.
Is it so?

My settings:
Curve: classic
Death zone: no
Death zone movement: small

(I'm translating from Italian, so it could be a little different)

There's auto aim unless your sensitivity is 8: Insane

You should turn Deadzone for aiming to small. Turning it off is not a good idea.

Totally agree regarding Halo. Love it so much. It is the only different FPS.
Anyway what do you mean by the difference between easy and cheap? Do you mean that the difficult 4/5 is easy (the one I'm playing now) and the 5/5 (the last one) is unfairy difficult?

Yes. I only tried Master difficulty on the first level, perhaps I need to give it another try but it felt like enemies would get a bead on me in no time and killed in little time that it forced me into a very limited play style.

Tosyn_88

I still fully believe Ronin's sword slash needs to do more damage. Doesn't make any sense it is as weak as a punch.

I think his melee is ok, it's more of his maneuverability that needs a buff. For a class that needs his movement to survive, he sure doesn't have enough to dance around the attacks of other titans. Also Tone is a bitch, I have had moments where I feel Tone is faster than me and I'm supposed to be the fast dancer

Codiox

What about grapple? Can you safely grapple to a Titan'a back, grab the battery, then grapple away to the nearest window or building?

What works best for me is immediately double jump after you got out of the battery animation. You will get damage from the smoke but in will not kill you.

Zemm

argh stop putting me into Crash Site, 4/5 maps have been Crash now, I quit out each time and join a fresh game of Crash.

KodaRuss

argh stop putting me into Crash Site, 4/5 maps have been Crash now, I quit out each time and join a fresh game of Crash.

Just play it, it really isnt that bad. When people leave certain maps on Last Titan Standing it pretty much a loss every time unless the team is just god awful.

I like Crash. Aesthetically very pleasing on the eye and lots of verticality. I have no quarrel with any of the maps in the game, can play Attrition for hours on end.

So how exactly does Low Profile work?

It says silent Titan rodeo climbing. But they always know I'm there anyway, and if I watch the killcam the alert is even on their screen. What am I missing here? Is it a delayed alert?

Playing Pilots vs Pilots, everything just seems so cheap now. Cloaking and Ticks in particular.

I've been arguing that cloak has no business in this game from the get go. It should at least be nerfed that if you shoot you lose the ability, not, fire a bullet and immediately cloak again the moment you stop shooting.

I just bought this for Xbox One on Amazon for $29.96, so here's hoping I end up liking it.

How is the Xbox One multiplayer population currently? It looked fairly low on the most played Xbox One games on the Xbox One store...

deoee

Join a match, see 5/6 Tones... it's really getting annoying.
You can't do shit when several of them are grouped up, especially on the opener maps.
You get sniped across the map, they shield 3/4 of the time...

dankir

Can we have a separate thread just to talk about the game populations please? Seriously you guys are just doing it to be annoying lol.

Titanfall 1 on XB1 has 2000 players active worldwide.

Tosyn_88

You can't do shit when several of them are grouped up, especially on the opener maps.

Yes, this is absolutely annoying it's not even funny

Can we have a separate thread just to talk about the game populations please? Seriously you guys are just doing it to be annoying lol.

Titanfall 1 has 2000 players active worldwide.
If you were referring to me, that is not at all why I mentioned it. I just purchased a game and wanted to know if the multiplayer community will actually have a good population or not when I actually get it.

deoee

Titanfall 1 has 2000 players active worldwide.

Titanfall 2 has ~5000 now on PC!!!!!

And it's already on sale, BOMBER

*joins match in 15 secs and rolls eyes*

KodaRuss

Yes, this is absolutely annoying it's not even funny

Bring some Ion's and Scorches and just keep pushing forward. Tone has counters it is just that most people want to run backwards not forwards when they are engaging one.

dankir

If you were referring to me, that is not at all why I mentioned it. I just purchased a game and wanted to know if the multiplayer community will have a good population or not when I actually get it.

It looked fairly low on the most played Xbox One games on the Xbox One store...

So do you know the population number or not? In any case there's plenty on XB1, enjoy.

So do you know the population number or not? In any case there's plenty on XB1, enjoy.
Clearly I don't, or I wouldn't have asked. Seeing it at a certain place in the Xbox One store doesn't give me any actual numbers and how low it is on that list is a bit disconcerting for what is a very new game. All I was looking for was an answer, and you seem rather defensive about discussing population numbers, and havent really provided an answer, other than a vague "there's plenty on XB1."

I just don't want my purchase to be a mistake.

Schlorgan

Clearly I don't, or I wouldn't have asked. Seeing it at a certain place in the Xbox One store doesn't give me any actual numbers and how low it is on that list is a bit disconcerting for what is a very new game. All I was looking for was an answer, and you seem rather defensive about discussing population numbers., and havent really provided an answer, other than a vague "there's plenty on XB1."

10k-20k depending on the day/time of day.

deoee

Bring some Ion's and Scorches and just keep pushing forward. Tone has counters it is just that most people want to run backwards not forwards when they are engaging one.

Does not work 90% of the time if the enemies are not brainless idiots.
Clearly I don't, or I wouldn't have asked. Seeing it at a certain place in the Xbox One store doesn't give me any actual numbers and how low it is on that list is a bit disconcerting for what is a very new game. All I was looking for was an answer, and you seem rather defensive about discussing population numbers, and havent really provided an answer, other than a vague "there's plenty on XB1."

How could it be a mistake?
This OT would be on fire if you could not get into any games :D
Just stop worrying about a shit number (I hope they just remove it..) and enjoy the game

Just stop worrying about a shit number (I hope they just remove it..) and enjoy the game

I have zero issues with going against Tone with Scorch......he is a space control master. Plus his Titan meter fills up fast

Bizazedo

Playing Pilots vs Pilots, everything just seems so cheap now. Cloaking and Ticks in particular.

Cloaking will always bug me.

Anyone else feel it's, the majority of the time anyways, not worth it to go for rodeos? I think I kill the person rodeo'ng me 80% of the time. Probably more. Even without smoke.

KodaRuss

3 Titans have shields that can negate Tone very quickly by moving forward and closing the gap. The problem is I rarely see people use them effectively but when you do they can get you on your heels quickly.

Most of this is speaking from LTS game mode where I think Titan balance is best tested.

Regardless, Tone is probably the strongest overall Titan but she can be dealt with if you do not play into her strengths by staying at range for too long. Unless you are just baiting for a flank you will never win that fight with any other Titan.

FStop7

Banned
When Jeff Gerstmann was doing his Extra Life stream he played a few hours of TF2. At one point he was in his Titan and as he panned his view around you could see two of his teammates, each in a Legion, standing side by side, firing their autocannons. It looked like the cover of an 80's Battletech novel.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
So how exactly does Low Profile work?

It says silent Titan rodeo climbing. But they always know I'm there anyway, and if I watch the killcam the alert is even on their screen. What am I missing here? Is it a delayed alert?

On this topic, I'd like to know more about how to effectively rodeo and how to effectively counter. Lots of times I don't have smoke yet, but it seems like they always have smoke. And I can never find the bastards when they jump off.

So...after hearing a lot about the single player campaign and that whole rollback sale at Walmart for $29.97, I pulled the trigger and bought this game.

Oh god, what did I do? What did I just do?

So...after hearing a lot about the single player campaign and that whole rollback sale at Walmart for $29.97, I pulled the trigger and bought this game.

Oh god, what did I do? What did I just do?

You did good.

Titanfall 1 was my favorite game for a solid year. The fact that this has an actual single player story that does not suck is wicked amazeballs.

deoee

3 Titans have shields that can negate Tone very quickly by moving forward and closing the gap. The problem is I rarely see people use them effectively but when you do they can get you on your heels quickly.

Most of this is speaking from LTS game mode where I think Titan balance is best tested.

Regardless, Tone is probably the strongest overall Titan but she can be dealt with if you do not play into her strengths by staying at range for too long. Unless you are just baiting for a flank you will never win that fight with any other Titan.

The problem with Scorches shield is, it's done pretty fast when you have to block the rocket shots and have to move forward.
Also you guys forget, I'm talking 3 or more Tones at once firing at you, not one.

You did good.

Titanfall 1 was my favorite game for a solid year. The fact that this has an actual single player story that does not suck is wicked amazeballs.

So, for someone who hasn't really played a whole lot of multiplayer games, but is curious to try one out, how does this fair? How accessible is it for someone who's...complete and utter crap?

Top Bottom