• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

banjoted

Still playing and loving the game, but haven't checked in here for a while. And you're still all whining about the title of thread...

Gator86

giphy.gif

This is hilarious.

I'll vote to change the OT title. It's not funny or welcoming.

It's kind of clever. It's making light of the fact that most people will refer to the titans using male pronouns without giving it much thought. It's a commentary on how we treat gender and the underlying associations and assumptions.

It's not like OT titles are usually good. They're always some garbage inside joke from people making shitty hype train avatar mashups.

What is the opinion on using Scorch? I had been playing Tone up to level 8 and enjoying him but was playing Scorch a bunch last night and found him to be quite powerful on groups.

Reebot

What is the opinion on using Scorch? I had been playing Tone up to level 8 and enjoying him but was playing Scorch a bunch last night and found him to be quite powerful on groups.

Scorch is a lot of fun but his kit has practical problems. Except for a very few number of instances, other titans can easily avoid the vast majority of his DOTs. He also has terrible defensive options compared to the top tier titans.

If you're in pubs just play whatever Titan you have fun with. The player-base is not good enough; they won't properly take advantage of titan imbalance.

Gator86

Scorch is devastating in close range, the shield burning away pilots and titans is

Basically. In tight maps or close quarters, Scorch is hell. He can be the most oppressive Titan to fight. On the more open maps, however, he's basically a sitting duck against good Titan players. Too immobile and he only has his primary attack at range.

Tinúviel;224402277 said:
TITANFALL 2 |OT2| No More Shortcuts

TITANFALL 2 |OT2| I will not lose another Pilot!

Since it's OT2:

TITANFALL 2 |OT2| Protocol two: uphold the mission
I vote this one! Amazing if not a bit spoilery for those crazy gaffers who are too scared to take a risk on purchasing this game.

TITANFALL 2 |OT2| Love is a BTtlefield

This gets a secondary vote for me

E92 M3

This is hilarious.

It's kind of clever. It's making light of the fact that most people will refer to the titans using male pronouns without giving it much thought. It's a commentary on how we treat gender and the underlying associations and assumptions.

It's not like OT titles are usually good. They're always some garbage inside joke from people making shitty hype train avatar mashups.

It's too serious for my tastes. And not all OT titles are bad, you're just making assumptions. I prefer the fun and lighthearted titles.

molnizzle

It's confusing though because most people hear the female voice and automatically think female. Current title would only work if there was some instance pre-launch of someone calling Tone a male pronoun or something. It's trying to be an inside joke that was never there.

Extra confusing to me because I referred to titans using female pronouns even in the first game where they didn't have voices. Just like ships, cars, countries, etc. It's like the default assumption for that sort of thing in my mind. "Take her for a spin."

Gator86

It's too serious for my tastes. And not all OT titles are bad, you're just making assumptions. I prefer the fun and lighthearted titles.

Is it serious just because it relates to gender? I mean, it's an OT title, it's not that serious regardless.

Mupod

I tried rolling with Scorch a bit yesterday and had mixed results. There's just too many Tones around. Certainly quite effective against pilots, Ronins, Ions, and slowass Legions though.

I'm not a fan of the slower titans in general. I can live much longer on Northstar especially if I get my hands on a battery. Scorch in particular is so damn fat you take random damage from everything and it's too easy to end up in bad situations.

X-Frame

Which Scorch perk is considered better -- the one that buffs the Flame Shield or the one that reduces his damage taken from his own fire DoT?

I could see cases for both but maybe I see the value in the armor plating because I'm new and clumsy and always walking into my own flames.

Which Scorch perk is considered better -- the one that buffs the Flame Shield or the one that reduces his damage taken from his own fire DoT?

I could see cases for both but maybe I see the value in the armor plating because I'm new and clumsy and always walking into my own flames.

Flame shield

Flame Shield. Having a longer lasting defensive and sometimes offensive option for Scorch is much better than reduced damage from his own's flame's.

Gator86

Flame Shield. Having a longer lasting defensive and sometimes offensive option for Scorch is much better than reduced damage from his own's flame's.

This. You're a giant ass turtle. You need the defensive ability. Also, you can melt a Titan to death in seconds up close. It's not even a choice.

X-Frame

Flame shield

This. You're a giant ass turtle. You need the defensive ability. Also, you can melt a Titan to death in seconds up close. It's not even a choice.

Thanks guys. And then I assume the Turbo Engine to complement it would be a good combo? It just seems like dashing on Scorch is invaluable and I don't see any other perk as useful as a Dash.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think I sent a request to join the TitanGAF network on Xbone, it was acting weird whenever I tried to click 'Yes', but I added my name to the Google Doc.

Tosyn_88

After struggling with legion, I return to Ronin and take down three titans again, this guy is lethal up close. It just doesn't feel the same with legion, I'd probably try again and find a configuration that works but damn Ronin is good.

Also everyone seems to be riding that Tone at the moment, I won't be surprised if she's nerfed soon

Anyways, I run the extra battery boost and frequently am trying to give batteries to people in order to get the MASSIVE amount of titan charge from doing so. What does the 'call out to ally titan' prompt when you have a battery even show to said player? Because I was spamming it on an Ion in a safe area trying to get him to stop and take my damn battery. Instead he turns towards me and starts backpedaling while frantically shooting at me. I had to tell him to calm down on voice chat in order to give him the damn battery.

It'll have a text message for them that says X has a battery for you. Sometimes its a bit hard to see

Gator86

Thanks guys. And then I assume the Turbo Engine to complement it would be a good combo? It just seems like dashing on Scorch is invaluable and I don't see any other perk as useful as a Dash.

100% correct. Dash is necessary to keep you out of trouble. Also, people don't always expect a dash from Scorch, who has none by default, so you can sometimes dash right into someone's face who doesn't expect that burst of mobility and then it's over for them.

KodaRuss

Honestly I would think we need to poke fun at all of the people asking if the game is dead or not.

Titanfall 2 |OT2| Is this game dead yet?

JaMarco

After struggling with legion, I return to Ronin and take down three titans again, this guy is lethal up close. It just doesn't feel the same with legion, I'd probably try again and find a configuration that works but damn Ronin is good.

Also everyone seems to be riding that Tone at the moment, I won't be surprised if she's nerfed soon
I still fully believe Ronin's sword slash needs to do more damage. Doesn't make any sense it is as weak as a punch.

X-Frame

100% correct. Dash is necessary to keep you out of trouble. Also, people don't always expect a dash from Scorch, who has none by default, so you can sometimes dash right into someone's face who doesn't expect that burst of mobility and then it's over for them.

Thank you! And what about the other Titans that already have a Dash. It still seems like a second Dash would be top tier. Are there any other Titans that could do well with picking another perk in that category as opposed to Turbo Engine?

Menthuss

I still fully believe Ronin's sword slash needs to do more damage. Doesn't make any sense it is as weak as a punch.

Didn't someone say that Ronin's melee already does more damage than the other Titans' melee?

Either way, Ronin's more immediate problem is his Phase Dash instantly killing him if an enemy Titan occupies his exit spot. That shit needs fixing ASAP.

Top Bottom