• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Respawn should never stealth change anything. It's not an acceptable approach to patching games. Things should only be changed when announced and referenced in patch notes. This type of uncertainty is not good for a game.

The thing is it doesn't even matter because people will work together to figure out all the changes anyway. Happens in CoD/BF all the time. They would try to push stealth changes in Blops 3 as a part of generic updates and you'd see youtube videos the next week detailing every single thing.

EL CUCO

Platinumed this last night.

The Gauntlet and beating the campaign in Master difficulty made up for the rest of the easy trophies.

PC community is good, the matchmaking is excellent and I've never spent more than 30 seconds looking for a match.

The game is a lot different between console and PC, way more movement going on in the latter, way less camping for obvious reasons.

If you have the choice between PC and console then it's a no brainier imo.

bet. I'll keep my eyes out for a good price on the PC version.

You forget that not everyone's from the US so Cdkeys etc. often is the only option :S

USA USA USA...jk

mentioned it more as a way of saying I expect prices to get lower soon...so if anyone was already waiting then just wait until the price gets to whatever you're comfortable with

X-Frame

If you don't have any Electric Smoke available when you get rodeoed, is it smart to immediately disembark and try to shoot the enemy off your Titan's back?

Izuna

Banned
If you don't have any Electric Smoke available when you get rodeoed, is it smart to immediately disembark and try to shoot the enemy off your Titan's back?

No

Chill, then turn around when they hop off. Kill them and (lol) get more health

--

for the dude that said yes above me, thanks for the easy kill (you have more to lose, your pilot life and your Titan if you die, and rodeo pilot has more control + height advantage)

Gator86

The thing is it doesn't even matter because people will work together to figure out all the changes anyway. Happens in CoD/BF all the time. They would try to push stealth changes in Blops 3 as a part of generic updates and you'd see youtube videos the next week detailing every single thing.

I don't disagree with this. People will generally decipher the changes in short order. Unfortunately, it makes people paranoid as shit and undermines comfort people build from extended playtime with the game. There have been a fair amount of posts here with people wondering whether something was stealth nerfed. I don't think that type of ambiguity is a plus for the game.

So it doesn't serve the intended purpose, but also makes it people worried about changes under the hood. No pros, only cons. The only bonus is Respawn doesn't have to see complaints about specific tweaks.

Mupod

It's very very hard to steal a battery and get away from a Titan that isn't preoccupied. Maybe on console where people can't instantly 180 snap to you, but they still get a big fat target painted on you for several seconds when you're holding their battery. Stim escapes are the one thing I miss after switching to pulse blade.

I use Northstar's fire rocket to get things off my back when I don't have smoke. Hell, Low Profile is so omnipresent now that I might start using it in conjunction with smoke to get them dead in time.

KodaRuss

Not even R6: Siege made it to OT2.. better get comfortable with this title.

This game is already way ahead of Siege's OT at this point in its life (10k posts for TF2 and Siege is still only at 13k almost a year into it's life), which I am pretty active on. It is kinda weird how dead the Siege OT is. So many people on Gaf say that they love it but no one posts there.

It's very very hard to steal a battery and get away from a Titan that isn't preoccupied. Maybe on console where people can't instantly 180 snap to you, but they still get a big fat target painted on you for several seconds when you're holding their battery. Stim escapes are the one thing I miss after switching to pulse blade.

I use Northstar's fire rocket to get things off my back when I don't have smoke. Hell, Low Profile is so omnipresent now that I might start using it in conjunction with smoke to get them dead in time.

You get to escape with stim and phase shift, and can't with others, seems a good trade off and limiting factor on the rodeo.

What about grapple? Can you safely grapple to a Titan'a back, grab the battery, then grapple away to the nearest window or building?

Depends in the situation, but I don't find pilots rodeoing me getting away that frequently unless they use stim or phase shift. You are not invulnerable during grapple, and you are fairly slow during the animation, not a hard target to hit.

FStop7

Banned
It's fairly easy to crush auto-Titans.

Yesterday I had my best and worst matches within the space of a few hours.

Best match was 12 pilot kills, 4 Titan kills, 25 minion kills. I think I only died 4 times. We won the game and I finished at the top of the leaderboard for the first time, yay!

Worst match was something like 2 pilot kills, 0 Titan kills, 4 minion kills. I had zero rhythm, never won a single shootout, died over 10 times.

I seem to be pretty comfortable with this setup:

Cloak
Flame shuriken
R-201 + quick reload + quick ADS + HCOG Ranger
MGL + quick reload + additional ammo
Map Hack

Tone
Turbo Engine
Enhanced Tracker Rounds
Dome Shield

I've only really spent time with Cloak/Stim and Ion/Tone in multi. I'm curious about trying the other pilots and titans but I don't want to drag my team down while I try to learn.

Bersi

So i just reached level 50 and now i can "regenerate" my pilot... should i do it? if i understand correctly i'll have to re-unlock the titans,weapons and factions but they'll mantain their levels with all their perks that i've got once i've obtained them again right?

So i just reached level 50 and now i can "regenerate" my pilot... should i do it? if i understand correctly i'll have to re-unlock the titans,weapons and factions but they'll mantain their levels with all their perks that i've got once i've obtained them again right?

Weapon mods stay unlocked (after you get them), and anything you bought with currency stay unlocked.

Symphonic

Any word on sales for this for Black Friday?

Got a taste of the first one a while back and loved it but held off. After hearing the campaign is incredible and the multiplayer is still great I have been getting more and more hyped. With Christmas/holidays/ish coming up though haven't been able to dip 60 bucks into anything.

Gator86

Any word on sales for this for Black Friday?

Got a taste of the first one a while back and loved it but held off. After hearing the campaign is incredible and the multiplayer is still great I have been getting more and more hyped. With Christmas/holidays/ish coming up though haven't been able to dip 60 bucks into anything.

It's on sale for 30 or less almost everywhere right now. Jump in!

I often play as Tone, and I've had an insane amount of luck just standing there once boarded, waiting a few seconds, then boosting straight back and crushing the pilot that was just on me. I'm assuming it's because after the pilot takes your battery he always fires backwards.

I think i did it once or twice by accident but now i just do it all the time and giggle every time it works... which seems to be pretty often, lol.

Snowballo

It feels like this game has a difficulty curve that is unfortunately similar to CoD. The second hardest difficulty is too easy but the hardest feels cheap, wish more games had difficulty curves like Halo which get both Heroic and Legendary right most of the time

Totally agree regarding Halo. Love it so much. It is the only different FPS.
Anyway what do you mean by the difference between easy and cheap? Do you mean that the difficult 4/5 is easy (the one I'm playing now) and the 5/5 (the last one) is unfairy difficult?

KodaRuss

How do you even get below 50 points on Attrition? How are there people with 18 points? That's impressive.

They could have joined mid game? That happened to me one time, I had like 20 points and was thinking to myself my teammates believe I am a horrible failure.

They probably are just really bad though. Attrition is just an easier Bounty Hunt imo, just kill some NPCs and bam you are getting points right and left.

Had the game pre-ordered and cancelled after playing beta on the PS4. The $30 walmart deal was to good to pass up. Just finished the single player campaign going to start mp tomorrow. The game is absolutely brilliant. At $30 it is a no brainer to purchase.

Hope to see this game do well.

Snowballo

One more thing.
It feels like the AIM is set to some kind of AUTO-AIM mode.
Sometimes it seems that my "cross" automatically locks the target.
Is it so?

My settings:
Curve: classic
Death zone: no
Death zone movement: small

(I'm translating from Italian, so it could be a little different)

Top Bottom