• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Anybody tried out the Devotion? What are your thoughts?

It's my favorite LMG. It reaches a nice balance between longer ranges, short bursts behaving a little like an assault rifle, and short-range SMG-esque hip-fire when you hold the trigger down. And it just feels strong to use, which is always more fun.

Snowballo

There's auto aim unless your sensitivity is 8: Insane

You should turn Deadzone for aiming to small. Turning it off is not a good idea.

Thanks to you and to the other that replied.
So:
DEADZONE: small
DEADZONE MOVEMENT: small

And:
SENSITIVITY: 8 (if I want a real challenge)

Right?

The PC servers for this game are such hot garbage that it has sapped any enjoyment I could ever have from it. No reason I should be getting fluctuating 60-200 ping constantly when I sit around a solid 15ms in every other game.

No Love

Banned
On this topic, I'd like to know more about how to effectively rodeo and how to effectively counter. Lots of times I don't have smoke yet, but it seems like they always have smoke. And I can never find the bastards when they jump off.

Stand still, pop smoke, and crouch. This will kill the pilot before they can pull the battery. If they pull it, they will get marked with an orange icon and you can easily kill them and get it back.

deoee

The PC servers for this game are such hot garbage that it has sapped any enjoyment I could ever have from it. No reason I should be getting fluctuating 60-200 ping constantly when I sit around a solid 15ms in every other game.

Are you sure you're connected to your closest Datacenter?
I'm sitting at 40-50 ms @Frankfurt.

SwolBro

Banned
I'm convinced most people are terrible at this game.

i still don't understand fully why that is but then i watch a COD stream and realize how fucking easy that game is. You run around in circles within tiny little maps and kill people with barely a pull of the trigger and zero aim.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So how exactly does Low Profile work?

It says silent Titan rodeo climbing. But they always know I'm there anyway, and if I watch the killcam the alert is even on their screen. What am I missing here? Is it a delayed alert?
I believe you don't hear them climbing on you, so there's a bit of a delay before you realize they're on you. I have no idea if that means that they can survive a smoke though, because they have an extra few seconds. I just like using it because you don't leave a trail that says "Shoot me" if you jump. lol

I've been arguing that cloak has no business in this game from the get go. It should at least be nerfed that if you shoot you lose the ability, not, fire a bullet and immediately cloak again the moment you stop shooting.
I honestly had no idea that you kept your cloak until after I tried it myself. Pair it with that weapon perk that gives you faster cooldown and you just stay cloaked forever... it's stupid. In the last few games of PvP, I think half the team used it. It's the new Map Hack.

Ticks are cheap? Not sure if I have ever been killed by one. Cloaking is my jam and it is probably OP.
There doesn't seem to be any way to avoid them if you see them too late because of their enormous splash damage. For me anyway, it always seems to be a guaranteed death if they are within shotgun range.

Cloaking will always bug me.

Anyone else feel it's, the majority of the time anyways, not worth it to go for rodeos? I think I kill the person rodeo'ng me 80% of the time. Probably more. Even without smoke.
It gives you a huge boost to the Titanfall timer if you get a battery, which is the only reason to do it. Playing a few rounds of the first game, I miss the fact that you can just do some damage to a Titan and then bail before the smoke kills you.

witness

Well ordered this on amazon since it's already it's black Friday price there. I didn't like the beta but all the positive impressions since then had me pull the trigger on it. Xbox btw, cannot play a shooter without that elite controller.

deoee

Well ordered this on amazon since it's already it's black Friday price there. I didn't like the beta but all the positive impressions since then had me pull the trigger on it. Xbox btw, cannot play a shooter with that elite controller.

Welcome :banana:

Does anyone else have lag problems in Canada? I'm in BC and suffer tons of rubberbanding. Lots of people ditching at the first sign of a loss too.

joecanada

After struggling with legion, I return to Ronin and take down three titans again, this guy is lethal up close. It just doesn't feel the same with legion, I'd probably try again and find a configuration that works but damn Ronin is good.

Also everyone seems to be riding that Tone at the moment, I won't be surprised if she's nerfed soon

Legion is fine as is but hell if they nerf Tone more kills for me lol. Legion is king of long range, you can hide behind a building and just snipe the tops or tips of enemy titans with that chain gun, there's nothing they can do, charge shot is perfect for sniping pilots. The shield isn't great so I only use it to get back to cover. but yeah legion is fine as long as you aren't trying to go toe to toe. 2 clips with the chain gun will generally finish a titan off.

Does anyone else have lag problems in Canada? I'm in BC and suffer tons of rubberbanding. Lots of people ditching at the first sign of a loss too.

not me in Victoria. I'm super tired of games with fucking shit servers this gen so I wouldn't even be playing if this was the case. I have had one match I recall with lag and 90% of the time I'm stable at 49ms ping. its been my saving grace and I'm kind of frustrated more people don't care actually and continue to play shit like COD ( I used to be a huge fan) with horrid lag and worse servers, how can people not notice ? Also ruined rainbow six for me, good game though.

Finally gave Scorch a decent run and I must say I'm really enjoying him now. Slowly advancing on a Tone, melting his bullets, before melting them is a great thing to see.

Zemm

You're not wrong.

I had an awful starting minute or two in one match where I couldn't get any momentum going and was on like 8 points, yet I still finished the match with 90 something points, as soon as you get a Titan and the Reapers etc come out then you should be racking up the points.

I feel like 80 points is the absolute minimum I should get, anything below that is pretty bad. Yet there are people scoring between 15-30 who have been in the match the whole time. Like I don't want anyone to think I sit there moaning to them or anything, I really couldn't give a shit if we win or lose as long as I do well, I play solo so I can only really focus on what I do so a win/loss is out of my hands. I just wonder what they do all game.

Riptwo

100ish pings on my fibre connection in Calgary. Some servers in Western Canada would be seriously appreciated.

joecanada

You're not wrong.

I had an awful starting minute or two in one match where I couldn't get any momentum going and was on like 8 points, yet I still finished the match with 90 something points, as soon as you get a Titan and the Reapers etc come out then you should be racking up the points.

I feel like 80 points is the absolute minimum I should get, anything below that is pretty bad. Yet there are people scoring between 15-30 who have been in the match the whole time. Like I don't want anyone to think I sit there moaning to them or anything, I really couldn't give a shit if we win or lose as long as I do well, I play solo so I can only really focus on what I do so a win/loss is out of my hands. I just wonder what they do all game.

In bounty, does anyone know if there is a "best" strategy? I usually kill some bots but then try to focus on killing enemy players and defend the banks. however I don't know if just killing all the bounties and bots would result in more net gain for my team? I usually end up with money in the bank for sure, but am also killing at least 5-7 pilots who are trying to deposit money as well as protecting my own pilots... not sure if I'm doing the right thing.

anyone tested out the best way to rack money? the game doesn't really factor in all the pilots you killed and therefore halved their deposits. I think it should record this too.

I am in Edmonton and find that connecting to the Dallas or Iowa datacenters gives me the best experience even though the Oregon datacenter gives the best ping on the main menu. I am not sure where the Oregon datacenter routes to if it can't find other local players but I usually end up with over 100ms of ping while using it vs 50ms-60ms if using Dallas or Iowa.

KingV

I was playing last night on PS4 and my R2 button was not consistently firing on a full press.

Im assuming it's my controller. Are there any settings in-game that help with this, or am I looking at a repair?

Anyone fixed an R2 button themselves?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
There's auto aim unless your sensitivity is 8: Insane

You should turn Deadzone for aiming to small. Turning it off is not a good idea.

I'm pretty sure I turned deadzone off, and I see no reason why it should exist in the first place, I guess for long range fights?

I'll have to double check to make sure it isn't just on small, but I couldn't get used to the aiming at all early on, and that's the first thing I checked off.

Izuna

Banned
I'm pretty sure I turned deadzone off, and I see no reason why it should exist in the first place, I guess for long range fights?

I'll have to double check to make sure it isn't just on small, but I couldn't get used to the aiming at all early on, and that's the first thing I checked off.

It's really not worth turning off. The deadzone is pretty small and what you'll end up seeing (even if you are used to it) is that your accuracy will deteriorate as your analogue sticks do.

Thanks to you and to the other that replied.
So:
DEADZONE: small
DEADZONE MOVEMENT: small

And:
SENSITIVITY: 8 (if I want a real challenge)

Right?

Yes.

But... Everyone uses auto-aim. ;) You should too!

Branson

So how is the Xbox One version of this? Decent amount of players and everything? Good version of it? I'm wondering since I have a friend that has it on there and I would want to play with him.

Ketch

You're not wrong.

I'm definetly one of those people. I'm like lvl 15 and still feel like I have no idea what's going on. All I do is run run run die, respawn run run die, respawn die. I have some games where I do well, but most of the time I feel like I don't even know what killed me and it's just a coin flip on wether I run up on someone unsuspecting or they run up on me.

I'm normally not bad at video games.

I think the lack of skill based match making makes the bar seem lower than most games, for those who are above average.

This is about as easy as when I remember playing games like Resistance, Starhawk, Killzone and MAG. Those games never featured any sort of skill based filtering and my KDR always sat between 3 and 4.

Feels quite similar here. Not that I have a problem with it. I like to test my skill within a random sample, see how I perform across the whole distribution. Everyone being forced into an average game every time isn't much fun. At least if you are bad here you have the potential to get better, become better than average, but with skill based matchmaking you are always just average, unless you manage to become an extreme outlier.

I'm definetly one of those people. I'm like lvl 15 and still feel like I have no idea what's going on. All I do is run run run die, respawn run run die, respawn die. I have some games where I do well, but most of the time I feel like I don't even know what killed me and it's just a coin flip on wether I run up on someone unsuspecting or they run up on me.

I'm normally not bad at video games.

This is the other side of the same spectrum, perhaps? In other games skill based matchmaking will make you seem better than you are. If you aren't all that great at these types of games, then you will find yourself against equally low-skill opponents, that's true in most popular shooters like Overwatch, Call of Duty and Destiny.

That's because the ingame ping meter isn't measuring what you think it is. It's total lag, not just networking lag, so it's including your additional framerate lag. (The main menu ping is purely a server ping, so it's always lower.) That's why it fluctuates so much, I'm guessing your framerate is jumping all over the place. If it's really a problem -- I suspect it's mostly psychological because you didn't understand why the number was higher, though you might be occasionally dropping to 30fps with that 200ms ping -- maybe lower your graphics settings.

The servers have problems for sure, for example they send updates way too infrequently. But the ping meter ingame jumping around isn't actually a networking issue.

KodaRuss

Alright I feel like I am going to get Tone nerfed for posting this video but here we go.

Bad Players, Tone is too good or am I just that good?
I am too good for the game is the most obvious choice

https://youtu.be/xDBS2KyjLjg

Edit: That last one should have been an ace but for some reason I couldnt get the execution to trigger.

Strider

So if anyone is bored or needs to be convinced Nuclear Ejection is a good perk here is my best (statistical) Bounty Hunt game yet which I got a bit ago.

I don't do anything crazy or amazing everything just fell into place lol... and nuclear ejection put in work. There was 3 times in this game I think where I was able to call in my Titan immediately after ejecting...

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85uXp_fh59Q

So, do we not know what MP improvements PS4 pro offers over Xbox one mp?

It's just higher res I think... 1440p I believe compared to the dynamic res of the xb1 version but both run at locked 60 fps as far as I know.

Maffis

I'm sad that there is still no ads-slider in the game. I just can't get a feel for the sensitivity and it feels like I can't play to my fullest without it. I want true 1-1 aiming and not the lowered sens you get now.

Top Bottom