• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Smokey

Finished my second play through on Master, and got the Platinum. Some spikes difficulty spikes but overall I actually found the bosses to be...easier? Viper only took me two tries on Master.

Game is good.

E92 M3

My 2000th Alternator kill - nothing special, but still memorable for the collection lol:

CBpfJc6.gif

Dez_

Was trying out the volt today. Holy crap, the range on that gun is insane. I can basically fire from the hip and it shoots straight with no recoil. Ended up mapping a few enemies that way.

JaMarco

Was trying out the volt today. Holy crap, the range on that gun is insane. I can basically fire from the hip and it shoots straight with no recoil. Ended up mapping a few enemies that way.
I'm not sure which is the best smg between the Volt, CAR, or Alternator.

That's because the ingame ping meter isn't measuring what you think it is. It's total lag, not just networking lag, so it's including your additional framerate lag. (The main menu ping is purely a server ping, so it's always lower.) That's why it fluctuates so much, I'm guessing your framerate is jumping all over the place. If it's really a problem -- I suspect it's mostly psychological because you didn't understand why the number was higher, though you might be occasionally dropping to 30fps with that 200ms ping -- maybe lower your graphics settings.

The servers have problems for sure, for example they send updates way too infrequently. But the ping meter ingame jumping around isn't actually a networking issue.

That makes sense. I'll try adjusting some things. Maybe my drivers need a clean install.

I'm not sure which is the best smg between the Volt, CAR, or Alternator.

check out frothyomen's videos on them. I'd say the alternator is the best b/c its ttk is 3 bullets or less compared to the volt or the car. Plus hip fire is ridic w/ the alternator

if you cant aim id say the CAR
if you can use the volt
alternator is in-between somewhere

The Alternator is my go-to when I'm not using the Carbine. That thing's hipfire accuracy is godlike, and you can tapfire four shots to get some crazy long-distance kills.

in the titan edit screen, some of the abilities have asterisks next to them. what does that mean?

DcRBR1H.jpg

Drains energy from Ion's battery.

check out frothyomen's videos on them. I'd say the alternator is the best b/c its ttk is 3 bullets or less compared to the volt or the car. Plus hip fire is ridic w/ the alternator

I can't check out the vids right now, but I choose the volt over the alternator. Its accuracy gives it way more range and makes it a much more versatile weapon. Alternator is great up to a range of maybe 125-150 feet but gets way less easy to stay on target after that. I feel like the volt has almost double that effective range, and is no slouch up close either.

Naar

How do you disable auto aim on ps4?

Is it the setting that says "linear" "classic" etc?

Because I switched to linear and it seemed floaty? I would not move but the crosshairs would go up and down a bit. I basically want the same control feeling as the "classic" but without the auto aim

Anyone? Sometimes auto aim kills me :(

I can't check out the vids right now, but I choose the volt over the alternator. Its accuracy gives it way more range and makes it a much more versatile weapon. Alternator is great up to a range of maybe 125-150 feet but gets way less easy to stay on target after that. I feel like the volt has almost double that effective range, and is no slouch up close either.

i think he mentioned something similar where it was like if you can aim the volt is better, if not the alternator then. I prefer the volt myself.

This is the alternator vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGRRCBt6CKs

and the volt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUrmJf7LHY

I have to congratulate Respawn on making the lightest chassis feel slow as fuck even with three dashes. Christ. One of the reasons I tend to stay away from playing Ronin is that it feels like an eternity to get across a map.

Cels

i can't get DSR to work, is it just not supported?

nvm had to add -height 1440 and -width 2560 to my game properties to get it to show as an option in video settings

but oddly enough there is no list of all resolutions up to 4k like there is in other games (since i have DSR globally enabled)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've been arguing that cloak has no business in this game from the get go. It should at least be nerfed that if you shoot you lose the ability, not, fire a bullet and immediately cloak again the moment you stop shooting.

I feel like it's intended for the Sniper Rifles, but in typical "we didn't see this problem in our internal tests!" game designer fashion, they didn't see everyone using that power for other shit.

Sure you can see them, but how often are you going to do that while trying to quick-glance clear rooms and they're camping with a shotgun or SMG?

Gator86

So how exactly does Low Profile work?

It says silent Titan rodeo climbing. But they always know I'm there anyway, and if I watch the killcam the alert is even on their screen. What am I missing here? Is it a delayed alert?

I've been arguing that cloak has no business in this game from the get go. It should at least be nerfed that if you shoot you lose the ability, not, fire a bullet and immediately cloak again the moment you stop shooting.

Yup, I argued that cloak is a perk that gives you a huge advantage in such a low TTK game, especially considering it has no drawbacks and people were goddamn incredulous, arguing that I was just blind or playing on a broken TV. Now that map hack is nerfed, some games are just assholes permanently cloaked sniping with Hemlocks the entire time. It's lame as fuck.

MrNelson

Banned
I have to congratulate Respawn on making the lightest chassis feel slow as fuck even with three dashes. Christ. One of the reasons I tend to stay away from playing Ronin is that it feels like an eternity to get across a map.
I don't really play Ronin, so I can't say, but Northstar is pretty speedy.

Naar

I don't see why you guys are complaining about cloak. I don't think it was meant to be used vs pilots but rather for titans.

I routinely go against titans as a pilot and cloak is critical to do this effectively. Also as a pilot it's not that difficult to see a cloaked pilot running around, especially since firing your weapon makes you appear briefly

No Love

Banned
I don't see why you guys are complaining about cloak. I don't think it was meant to be used vs pilots but rather for titans.

I routinely go against titans as a pilot and cloak is critical to do this effectively. Also as a pilot it's not that difficult to see a cloaked pilot running around, especially since firing your weapon makes you appear briefly

It's ok for Titans but cloak is junkish in general. Phase Shift lets you own Titans hard.

K.Sabot

Got the game today, immediately started to practice bhopping on controller.

gonna be tough, but i think i found a decent way at this point.

I don't really play Ronin, so I can't say, but Northstar is pretty speedy.

I enjoy providing support from a distance as Northstar and only move when Im pushed, so that annoyance doesn't flick me on the forehead as it does with Ronin.

Going back and watching Stryder gameplay from TF1 and Im just like why

WHY

WHY

I love being in a Titan, but everything else around it frustrates the hell out of me.

BusterJol

Played Titanfall 1 with a friend earlier today and realized how much I miss the Extended Mag Chain Gun, Quad Rockets, and most importantly Stryders boost core. It's so good juking and just unleashing hell onto slower bots.

:(

Just got the game today and blitz through the whole thing and wow I heard the campaign was good but I was legit surprised by the amount of creativity in the level design. My hats go off to respawn to go for no campaign to this. kinda sad that it's not selling as well as it should

Snowballo

It's really not worth turning off. The deadzone is pretty small and what you'll end up seeing (even if you are used to it) is that your accuracy will deteriorate as your analogue sticks do.

Yes.

But... Everyone uses auto-aim. ;) You should too!

Ops
I was talkin about single player!

Greddleok

Got an awesome quad kill last night.

Popped around a corner, saw 2 guys. Shot one, the other I lobbed a grenade at. Turn back to escape and punched another guy as he came around the same corner I did.

Then ding, ding, my grenade got 2 kills.

My girlfriend then got home so I had to quit ):

I feel like it's intended for the Sniper Rifles, but in typical "we didn't see this problem in our internal tests!" game designer fashion, they didn't see everyone using that power for other shit.

Sure you can see them, but how often are you going to do that while trying to quick-glance clear rooms and they're camping with a shotgun or SMG?

This cannot be a serious argument. Respawn didn't consider that cloak would be used with non-sniper weapons? Nobody in their no doubt crazy extensive internal tests experimented with cloak and other weapons? Give me a break, you may as well have just come out and said "Respawn are all a bunch of idiots who can't design videogames!" Ridiculous.

Cloak is definitely powerful, but so are most of the tactical abilities. That's the whole point. (It also gives you probably the largest player model profile, a nice penalty for when you aren't cloaked.) I suspect the real problem (as many have pointed out before) is just poor video settings for a lot of players. Hell, maybe even poor eyes. Kind of an unavoidable problem with an ability like that. Increased radar awareness and map experience is a good 'counter', at least.

you can rename titans in here?

anyways I'm finally starting to get the hang of Ronin. god damn is it fun to use when you flank a titan when he's engaging with other enemies. that lead wall is brutal up close.

and when you see the words Sword Core Online...phew.

Demoskinos

So I'm nearing Pilot regeneration now (46 right now) and I thought I would get tired of the prologue and epilogue stuff every match but it still gets me every match. I love the little pep talks your faction leader gives you before you jump out of the aircraft and making a harrowing dash to the aircraft to escape I've always found and exciting way to cap off a match. And fun that they actually reward you for doing it.

Titanfall 2 just nails the presentation angle so well.

dreamfall

I picked up the game on PC, installed it without issue.

And while searching for an Amped Hardpoint game, it says that there are only 24 regional players?! What the hell? East Coast. Is the community dead on PC? Should I have just put up with the lesser console version?

I picked up the game on PC, installed it without issue.

And while searching for an Amped Hardpoint game, it says that there are only 24 regional players?! What the hell? East Coast. Is the community dead on PC? Should I have just put up with the lesser console version?
There's a lot of US datacenters, and the game will match you outside of the one you're on if it can't find enough players. That said, Bounty Hunt and Attrition are by far the most populated modes.

Greddleok

Do what you do best pilot: win.

*FART NOISES* *BLERUGH THROWING UP*

I hate that line so much. The only redeeming feature is the South African accent.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm nearing Pilot regeneration now (46 right now) and I thought I would get tired of the prologue and epilogue stuff every match but it still gets me every match. I love the little pep talks your faction leader gives you before you jump out of the aircraft and making a harrowing dash to the aircraft to escape I've always found and exciting way to cap off a match. And fun that they actually reward you for doing it.

Titanfall 2 just nails the presentation angle so well.

Absolutely. I just wish the intro would show your team mates' names.

Epilogue really is great; I can't see myself ever getting tired of it.
For one thing, it succeeds in taking the edge off losing. Even if you lose, suddenly you have a new objective; a way to redeem yourself and hopefully get "the last laugh."
Conversely as the winning side, it's a way to rub salt in the wounds of your opponent and get a few extra frags with your weapon of choice.

Blowing up the dropship is obviously very satisfying, but likewise seeing it explode just before you reach it feels very... I dunno, cathartic? Like your team had one final chance and you blew it. Doesn't get any more fair than that!

Have any games done something similar to this in the past? I don't think I'll ever feel the same way about traditional "Victory/Defeat" splashes.

Top Bottom