• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

^^ this.

But where are all of your alternator clips :p

I don't want to spam the thread. Would be cool to see other people's clips :p

This is game is a clip generator, though.

Speaking of which, does anyone have the 1-2 punch execution? Been thinking of buying that.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Maybe I'm doing it wrong, how close do you have to be with Scorch to damage with the shield? I never feel like the shield does much damage at all.

The shield actually has to be touching it so within melee range I suppose. Flame Shield + Inferno Shield is a pretty potent finisher if you can get close. Legions leave themselves open for it more than others it seems.

Gator86

I have more issues with holo pilot for sure. Phase shift I've gotten better with tho.

I see the pros and cons of holo pilot, but it doesn't click with my style at all. I never use anything but phase shift. It allows you to reset any encounter which is huge. There is no better feelings in the the gsme than seeing 3 enemies, killing the first guy, phase shifting, re-emerging inside and killing the second guy, then executing the third guy. You are death and it is glorious.

E92 M3

I see the pros and cons of holo pilot, but it doesn't click with my style at all. I never use anything but phase shift. It allows you to reset any encounter which is huge. There is no better feelings in the the gsme than seeing 3 enemies, killing the first guy, phase shifting, re-emerging inside and killing the second guy, then executing the third guy. You are death and it is glorious.

Teach me how to use it without getting disoriented completely lol.

KodaRuss

Shots should not home onto Pilots either, BOOM pilots become a threat for her.

Pilots are a threat, the shots barely track their targets. Many times I have to be dead on to OHK a Pilot. As a Pilot you are going to get killed if you are acting stupid around a Titan.

I think the Grenade Launcher does a little too much damage to Titans right now, I have seen those take down Titans pretty quickly.

Alx

I think it's unfair that for pilots it kills the opponent, but for titans it kills Rodin.
I think both should die, teleporter and opponent.

Gator86

Teach me how to use it without getting disoriented completely lol.

Nothing really changes when you use it. You've played enough you have a good feel for what people are going to do. Just play as if that's what they will do and adjust. For example, in close a Titan will almost always try to melee you. Phase and move laterally or, even better, start a wall run and jump with the goal of being just a little in front of where you were when you come out and you'll probably phase out right into a rodeo. It's all about diversion and sleight of hand. It's disorienting at first and I hated it too, but once you get used to using it, it's a ridiculously valuable tool. The only time I die to Titans now is if a Tone fires a 40 and it takes a 90 degree turn and blasts me inside of a building.

I think it's unfair that for pilots it kills the opponent, but for titans it kills Rodin.
I think both should die, teleporter and opponent.

I agree, it's absolutely dumb as hell. Pilot should be death for the enemy and Ronin should just do damage to the enemy titan and push them apart. If both always died, no one would ever use it, I don't think.

Why is tone so controversial?

Because she is well balanced and easy for anyone to pick up and use, which makes her popular.

Ive at least Gen 2'd all the Titans and found, after a few rounds to adapt, I can do pretty well with all equally.

I've got no hard stats on it, hopefully they go to a granular level in an update, and I think each Titan is a realistic option... If you take time to learn how to play them.

Tone is easy, hence why you see so many of them.

Wait I thought it was like Ronin phase shift in that if you reappear inside them you die? Da fuck?

dreamfall

I mean... is anyone playing on PC? It shows about 4000ish players, and I can't even get into a matchmaking game. Which modes are people playing?

E92 M3

Nothing really changes when you use it. You've played enough you have a good feel for what people are going to do. Just play as if that's what they will do and adjust. For example, in close a Titan will almost always try to melee you. Phase and move laterally or, even better, start a wall run and jump with the goal of being just a little in front of where you were when you come out and you'll probably phase out right into a rodeo. It's all about diversion and sleight of hand. It's disorienting at first and I hated it too, but once you get used to using it, it's a ridiculously valuable tool. The only time I die to Titans now is if a Tone fires a 40 and it takes a 90 degree turn and blasts me inside of a building.

I agree, it's absolutely dumb as hell. Pilot should be death for the enemy and Ronin should just do damage to the enemy titan and push them apart. If both always died, no one would ever use it, I don't think.

Thanks, I need to sit down and really give it some solid hours to master.

When you get accused of hacking

ChwHSfT.png

Playing on Drydock or Eden is so much more fun than Crash Site. Way more routes for wallrunning.

dreamfall

Can anyone tell me why after a match it doesn't connect you straight away to the same players to continue games? I feel like I've had some trouble even getting in Mixtape matches and then it almost feels like it resets to matchmaker again once you're done?

Loving the game so far after I picked it up at walmart for the sale, I just hope it stays alive !

I redeemed some Mountain Dew codes earlier today and it said it would show up in my game.

Just launched the game and couldn't find any sign of a new skin, execution or 2XP which I all unlocked. Did it even work?

Gator86

Let's get this straight as there seem to be a couple of conversations going on. If you phase shift as a pilot and reappear in the space operated by an enemy Titan you die. Squish.

Fair enough:

Pilot A shifting into Pilot B - Pilot B dies
Pilot A shifting into Titan A - Pilot A dies
Titan A shifting into Titan B - Titan A dies
Titan A shifting into Pilot A - Pilot A dies

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Actual hacker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SWZDCP-l6c

Hackers are using weird names, or other player's names, so you can't even report them. It links to a non existing or another origin account.

Ugh. Super blatant even. I really don't get these kind of people. What do they get out of it? How is this fun?

When I see something like this, I hope we're not too far off being able to slap someone as part of microtransaction. I'd pay money for it. :D Haha!

KodaRuss

Did the smart pistol from Titanfall 1 feel the same as this one? I find it kinda frustrating at times. Amazing for killing mobs in Attrition and Bounty Hunt but somewhat hit or miss with other pilots at times.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Tone is just easier to do well with.

All Titans are equally devastating. Scorch and Ion being one of the harder I've found. They work well for herding and flanking.

Lmao wtf I was just playing multiplayer and I was waiting for the auto search to go after I just finished a match and it said it found one and then loaded me into single player at the Kane boss fight

So far I'm still not loving the battery and I hope the adjust it somehow. I'd like to see Tone get toned down a bit but i'm not sure how, auto aim on pilots needs to get nerfed for sure. Other than crash site I like the maps and really loving the game.

Went to buffalo wild wings last night and they gave me a stack of coliseum and titan nose art codes so that was cool. Any ideas what's the most efficient way to share them?
Can i have a code if you pass them out?

Top Bottom