• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

so i just went ahead and picked up a copy from walmart for $30, wondering if there a patch for HDR? i have the Vizio P-series 4k TV w/HDR ....i wanna see what the hype about ...i don't have a PS4 Pro

Gator86

So far I'm still not loving the battery and I hope the adjust it somehow. I'd like to see Tone get toned down a bit but i'm not sure how, auto aim on pilots needs to get nerfed for sure. Other than crash site I like the maps and really loving the game.

Went to buffalo wild wings last night and they gave me a stack of coliseum and titan nose art codes so that was cool. Any ideas what's the most efficient way to share them?

You could probably just ask for PMs so the thread doesn't come to a screeching halt with people screaming for codes.

GWX

Currently hating most of the maps. I actually like Homestead and Kodai now, seeing how terrible Crash Site or Complex are. Congratulations Respawn, you lost your damn mind making those. When is Angel City releasing again, december? Damn :(

i love this game.

i cant stand the maps. been a real long time since i enjoyed an MP shooter and there isnt a single map im like OH COOL THIS ONE

Currently hating most of the maps. I actually like Homestead and Kodai now, seeing how terrible Crash Site or Complex are. Congratulations Respawn, you lost your damn mind making those. When is Angel City releasing again, december? Damn :(

Crash Site is terrible, and seems to come up a ton for me. I don't mind Complex as much as most, but that might be because I seem to do pretty well on it, lol.

So far I'm still not loving the battery and I hope the adjust it somehow. I'd like to see Tone get toned down a bit but i'm not sure how, auto aim on pilots needs to get nerfed for sure. Other than crash site I like the maps and really loving the game.

Went to buffalo wild wings last night and they gave me a stack of coliseum and titan nose art codes so that was cool. Any ideas what's the most efficient way to share them?

I'm of the controversial opinion that the 'free battery' boost should actually give you a RECHARGING shield. Right now it feels severely less useful than things like map hack, amped weapons, turrets, etc. I feel like right now, the extra battery doesn't impact Titan combat to the same degree most of the other boosts impact pilot combat.

I still use it though, cause I love using Titans and anythinng that helps me keep my Titan alive a bit longer is great. :D

i love this game.

i cant stand the maps. been a real long time since i enjoyed an MP shooter and there isnt a single map im like OH COOL THIS ONE

I think this is why i'm not playing more. I love the gameplay, but god damn I wish they would just release all the maps from the original with the gameplay tweaks and progression of the sequel.

I miss wall running everywhere like the floor was lava.

its a little weird to me as well that respawn hasnt started announcing some features.

like even just QOL improvements. A stat page, maybe better post game screen, just something.

Idk id think that the best way to grow the playerbase and keep it growing is by keeping your game in the news

TrojanAg

Guys, how do you enable pro mode on PS4 pro ? I can't see any option to do so in the menus :s
Not all games with Pro enhancements allow you to toggle different Pro settings. In this case, it's set to run a certain way if you're playing it on the Pro. This game is really clean on the Pro and I'm pretty happy with how it runs on it.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
its a little weird to me as well that respawn hasnt started announcing some features.

like even just QOL improvements. A stat page, maybe better post game screen, just something.

Idk id think that the best way to grow the playerbase and keep it growing is by keeping your game in the news
Yeah, the stats thing was mentioned here as coming 'sooner than later' and nothing since. I guess the next Frontier News thing should be on Friday, so maybe an update there?

Gator86

Yup, they've said coming soon, but way to blow any launch momentum they did have. I trust Respawn to make fun games, but am much more skeptical about their ability to market them or sustain the community.

E92 M3

Crazy how there's 60,000+ playing Rocket League while fewer than 12,000 right now. PS4

Rocket league is cheaper and has had a very popular reception. As long as Titanfall is stable, I am happy.

Yup, they've said coming soon, but way to blow any launch momentum they did have. I trust Respawn to make fun games, but am much more skeptical about their ability to market them or sustain the community.

We do need some kind updates soon. November is coming to a close. I imagine the next update will be larger and have a lot of features/fixes.

I follow some members of the team on twitter and looks like they just had a post release vacation in Hawaii last week, so I would imagine that updates will start rolling out soon. Also I think they avoid releasing updates Thursday-Sunday in case they need to roll back a patch (they don't want to be dependent on Microsoft or Sony on the weekends), so if we don't see anything by tomorrow expect next week.

i love this game.

Yup, playing some TF1 last week for the heck of it, and the maps are so good in that game, so much variety of terrain, and each map had personality. They all feel like generic COD maps

The maps in TF2 are so sterile feeling, even in modes with AI bots running around, it never matches the chaos and feeling that the original game had.

Gator86

Rocket league is cheaper and has had a very popular reception. As long as Titanfall is stable, I am happy.

We do need some kind updates soon. November is coming to a close. I imagine the next update will be larger and have a lot of features/fixes.

Honestly, we had better see something. Not because I expect devs to work overtime even more now that they've launched a terrific game, but you can't rely entirely on word of mouth and game quality based retention for too long in such a competitive time of the year. Siege is always the comparison game, but that's in almost it's own genre. If Respawn doesn't produce huge additions and maintain a dialog with consumers, TF2's population will collapse. People are already losing their fucking minds slogging through Crash Site and Complex. One map isn't gonna fix that.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Crazy how there's 60,000+ playing Rocket League while fewer than 12,000 right now. PS4

That one has cross-platform play, right? That's the PS4 and PC population combined?

What the....that gun is amazing....

Yeah, it is. My only issue is that the DualShock 4 trigger sometimes doesn't register. Happened to me with other MP games as well. Mind, I've tried different DS4 controllers.

I honestly think the maps are OK. Not saying some don't need to be tweaked, but they're not that bad. Try different loadouts depending on the map. Don't use the same across all maps and expect to dominate. I use different loadouts and Titans for Crash Site and Complex and I do well.

Your thoughts largely mirror mine. I feel the campaign in Titanfall 2 is one of the best single player experiences I've had this year, but the multiplayer hasn't grabbed me. This would be whatever, except for the fact that I loved, loved, loved the multiplayer in Titanfall 1 and was very, very good at it. Here I struggle to stay in the top half of the scoreboard and, yes, find plenty of dull moments during matches. I often feel like I just can't find anything to shoot at. It's so damn fucking weird because the mechanics and game feel are totally there, but something about the multiplayer feels really off.

Are you playing Attrition? If so, maybe you're at the map's edges? I rarely stop shooting what with grunts, Pilots, Titans all in my face. I did notice that "lull" in maps like Homestead if you choose to go to the extreme sides of the map.

E92 M3

Honestly, we had better see something. Not because I expect devs to work overtime even more now that they've launched a terrific game, but you can't rely entirely on word of mouth and game quality based retention for too long in such a competitive time of the year. Siege is always the comparison game, but that's in almost it's own genre. If Respawn doesn't produce huge additions and maintain a dialog with consumers, TF2's population will collapse. People are already losing their fucking minds slogging through Crash Site and Complex. One map isn't gonna fix that.

Personally, I'd pay money to have Crash Site deleted lol and also really want an in-depth stat screen and challenges. I love the small stuff.

If Angel City plays as good as it did in R1, I'll be happy for a while. We do need a road map of some kind though.

Gator86

Personally, I'd pay money to have Crash Site deleted lol and also really want an in-depth stat screen and challenges. I love the small stuff.

If Angel City plays as good as it did in R1, I'll be happy for a while. We do need a road map of some kind though.

Yeah, Respawn is going to either set the game up for a long future with a relatively stable population or torpedo it right into the goddamn ground in the next few months. Considering some of their choices (launching on that date, leaving out fucking stats and challenges, etc.) I'm not sure I trust their decision making at the top.

deoee

Yeah, Respawn is going to either set the game up for a long future with a relatively stable population or torpedo it right into the goddamn ground in the next few months. Considering some of their choices (launching on that date, leaving out fucking stats and challenges, etc.) I'm not sure I trust their decision making at the top.

Launchdate is publishers fault

FStop7

Banned
I'm glad the discourse has graduated to any balance concerns in the game = I hate fun and puppies are terrible animals.

230114_908223010.png

"Discourse."

The problem with cloak is that it's dumb. There's literally no intelligent thought required to use it. There's no risk/reward. The decision tree of a cloak user is "am I cloaked? I should cloak." All other abilities require some thought or skill to use.

Cloak is just a cheesy crutch that has no business in the game as currently designed. It's bad game design and no one should applaud it. I'm hoping they redesign it so it's not just brainless spam, but a tactical choice players are forced to make during the course of gameplay.

I would love to see one, a single, explanation of why cloak isn't a shit ability with zero risk/reward or intelligent thought required for its use. Also, "you can't equip other skills if you use it!" is a not a valid argument as that applies to every video game skill or item ever and demonstrates the same lack of critical thinking that makes cloak suck.

If someone uses the perk that lowers cooldowns for skills, which I would guess most people do, it's virtually perpetual. It's completely permanent if they also roll with tactikill and aren't absolute shit at the game.

Your arguments are shit

Apparently you're just going to lean into some weird false equivalence between brainless game design and fun.

So, tales from your ass and a subjective opinion. Sure, sounds legit. We all have opinions about the game's release, but there's literally nothing to back up that scapegoat shit.

This is same the kind of "reeeeee! reeee! git gud why does everyone suck so bad but meeeeeeeeeeee!" crap that poisons other multiplayer communities. I thought TF2 might escape it, at least for longer than normal because of BF1 and IW/MWR, but here we go. It's the same thing that happened to Overwatch once it became competitive. The difference being that Overwatch has a very large community and is backed by the Blizzard money factory.

Considering TF2 hasn't even been out for a month and it's already half off in the bargain bin maybe it's not the brightest idea to shit on others in the already undersized communities while playing backseat game dev and demanding wholesale changes to the game to appeal to your hypercompetitive, overcompensating nature.

Yesterday I was still high as hell on TF2, but it only really takes one well placed jerk to kill my enthusiasm. But whatever. There's still Overwatch, not to mention all of the other shooters released over the past month.

I've already removed my info from the spreadsheet, I have no interest in this kind of "community." So congrats, I guess!

ZSeba

Not all games with Pro enhancements allow you to toggle different Pro settings. In this case, it's set to run a certain way if you're playing it on the Pro. This game is really clean on the Pro and I'm pretty happy with how it runs on it.

Oh, thanks for the clarification :D

Gator86

230114_908223010.png

"Discourse."

This is same the kind of "reeeeee! reeee! git gud why does everyone suck so bad but meeeeeeeeeeee!" crap that poisons other multiplayer communities. I thought TF2 might escape it, at least for longer than normal because of BF1 and IW/MWR, but here we go. It's the same thing that happened to Overwatch once it became competitive. The difference being that Overwatch has a very large community and is backed by the Blizzard money factory.

Considering TF2 hasn't even been out for a month and it's already half off in the bargain bin maybe it's not the brightest idea to shit on others in the already undersized communities while playing backseat game dev and demanding wholesale changes to the game to appeal to your hypercompetitive, overcompensating nature.

Yesterday I was still high as hell on TF2, but it only really takes one well placed jerk to kill my enthusiasm. But whatever. There's still Overwatch, not to mention all of the other shooters released over the past month.

I've already removed my info from the spreadsheet, I have no interest in this kind of "community." So congrats, I guess!

Enh, I see no problem with making arguments based on a series of premises and backing them up with examples. I also see no problem with being critical when people don't respond in kind. I don't see "what about fun!?!" as a legitimate argument when discussing game balance. Obviously, fun is important and the core game is very fun. Ensuring a risk/reward component to skills and perk doesn't contradict that.

None of that is git gud type stuff. The only thing even close is my tactikill comment. If you get kills at a remotely frequent pace, you do constantly have a skill active. Using the phrase shit may have seemed critical, but it's not inaccurate.

If me making arguments on a message board focused on deconstructing games makes you not want to play online games with entirely different people, that's all on you.

HelloMeow

Yup, playing some TF1 last week for the heck of it

Me too, but I shouldn't have. I haven't touched Titanfall 2's mp since. Every time I feel like playing it, I remember something dumb about the game and immediately lose interest. It's the maps and the dumb abilities like the wall hacks and amped wall. And many of the changes feel like a regression. Playing Titanfall 1 after playing Titanfall 2 felt like playing a sequel in many ways.

Titanfall's population hasn't dropped since Titanfall 2's release either. There appear to be slightly more players than usual even.

230114_908223010.png

"Discourse."

There's a pretty good group of us on ps4 and we are much more easy going. We even appreciate the change of pace and play style that maps like crash site and complex offer :) Join us lol, being super negative about somethin because it doesn't jive with your specific play style is tiring .

Enh, I see no problem with making arguments based on a series of premises and backing them up with examples. I also see no problem with being critical when people don't respond in kind. I don't see "what about fun!?!" as a legitimate argument when discussing game balance. Obviously, fun is important and the core game is very fun. Ensuring a risk/reward component to skills and perk doesn't contradict that.

None of that is git gud type stuff. The only thing even close is my tactikill comment. If you get kills at a remotely frequent pace, you do constantly have a skill active. Using the phrase shit may have seemed critical, but it's not inaccurate.

If me making arguments on a message board focused on deconstructing games makes you not want to play online games with entirely different people, that's all on you.

There's a difference between providing an argument and straight up telling someone their opinions are shit.

Cloak is not an overpowered perk in my opinion. It has its drawbacks just like all the other perks. It can't help you get to a capture point or bank quickly compared to the stim perk for example, or enable you to dodge bullets once you've been spotted like phase shift can.

Yes it can make you harder to spot, but it doesn't make you completely invisible. If you're a player who sits in a corner with it on you can still be spotted if a Titan or player activates pulse. With quite a few of the maps now quite open I use to try and navigate across them without being spotted so I can get to elevated positions to deal damage. But with it on a timer there is still the risk of me being spotted out in the open, especially if I open fire too.

This thread went from 0 to 100.. real quik lol. Come on, people.

I finally have 10 2XP codes on my game now. Question is: how do I activate them? They're just sitting there right now.

I hate that there is a short respawn timer when you die in multi. I don't want the camera to linger on the guy who killed me - get me back into the game! Also, wish I could turn off the deathcam like in Overwatch.

EL CUCO

This thread went from 0 to 100.. real quik lol. Come on, people.

I finally have 10 2XP codes on my game now. Question is: how do I activate them? They're just sitting there right now.
You can activate it in the loadout screen just prior to the match beginning.

Wark

So how does one get a double XP code? Do you have to drink Mountain Dew or are there other ways? I used to live off of soda, but I stopped drinking it a little more than a year and a half ago.

Schlorgan

So how does one get a double XP code? Do you have to drink Mountain Dew or are there other ways? I used to live off of soda, but I stopped drinking it a little more than a year and a half ago.

They're printed on the bottom of caps of specially marked-bottles of Mountain Dew. Or on the sides of specially-marked bags of Doritos.

Top Bottom