• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I wasn't crazy about the alpha test, but I'm more than willing to check out other modes in the multiplayer. Really hoping I find a mode to really sink into!

I hated the alpha, the only thing keeping me from cancelling my pre-order was that it was $50, where normally in Canada it would have been $80. Figured that at that price I would have at least been able to sell it and get my money back.

Now it's my GOTY, not only for SP, but for MP as well. It's soooo good. Best MP game I've played in a long time, and I play a lot of MP games.

LowSignal

I still use it though, cause I love using Titans and anythinng that helps me keep my Titan alive a bit longer is great. :D
Can i have a code if you pass them out?
You could probably just ask for PMs so the thread doesn't come to a screeching halt with people screaming for codes.

PMs sent. If any fellow GAF peeps need a Buffalo Wild Wings Coliseum ticket and ION nose art PM and I'll try and get to you, 1 per person as I have about 50 codes.

I don't mind it in BF. Those games are slow and methodical. Titanfall is a fast paced, twitch shooter.

Expectations will differ.

In a game like Titanfall? Never.
What mode (s) do you play? Tlou or R6 are slow and methodical BF, not so much. TF is some of the fastest spawn time I have seen not to mention its class switching system. Im pretty sure if you add all of the time spent waiting to spawn in a bf1 match, it would equal an entire TF2 match. I'm a BF fan, btw.

Kyrios

I hated the alpha, the only thing keeping me from cancelling my pre-order was that it was $50, where normally in Canada it would have been $80. Figured that at that price I would have at least been able to sell it and get my money back.

Now it's my GOTY, not only for SP, but for MP as well. It's soooo good. Best MP game I've played in a long time, and I play a lot of MP games.

That's extremely reassuring :) Really am looking forward to checking out the final version.

sun-drop

so i just started using the L star .... this gun seems like a beast to me.

def looks like one, the unlimited mag and venting effects after a bust is pretty bad ass...

does more damage up close than the volt, just not as good at range i guess ..but mid to close range i've found i'm having good success with it

Hjod

Banned
So I've been switching between Battlefield and Titanfall the last week.

I play BF1 when my friends are on so I can squad up with them and TF2 when I play alone.

I loved the single player and the multiplayer is so addicting, love the speed, the TTK, the Titans and so on.

I just wish the Stim load out didn't make your character look like a robot haha, I want the original look of the pilot, like it looks when you have the sonar blade.

So how does one get a double XP code? Do you have to drink Mountain Dew or are there other ways? I used to live off of soda, but I stopped drinking it a little more than a year and a half ago.

As a high school teacher, non-gamer students know to give me the cap off of their Mountain Dew bottles. It's helped out with several different games through the years.

One of the many benefits of corrupting our youth with knowledge.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
How're you guys playing Colisseum on console?

On PS4, there's only ever MAYBE a dozen or so people on whenever I check and I can never get a game.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
So I've been switching between Battlefield and Titanfall the last week.

I play BF1 when my friends are on so I can squad up with them and TF2 when I play alone.

I loved the single player and the multiplayer is so addicting, love the speed, the TTK, the Titans and so on.

I just wish the Stim load out didn't make your character look like a robot haha, I want the original look of the pilot, like it looks when you have the sonar blade.

I find TF2 to be the perfect game to lone wolf. I'll go back to BF1 at some point since I like DICE's formula, but TF2 MP still has its hooks on me. Gen3.14 and still not tired of Attrition. :)

joecanada

How're you guys playing Colisseum on console?

On PS4, there's only ever MAYBE a dozen or so people on whenever I check and I can never get a game.

yeah there's normally like less than 20 at nights even. Honestly I know some people in here love it but its just hopping around in a bubble one on one. it's terrible (for me of course I know people like it). they should totally allow loadouts and I have no clue why they wouldn't .... or maybe they do and I have no clue lol.

edit - or how about titans coliseum? its basically the worst way they could have done that mode now imo.

Hjod

Banned
I find TF2 to be the perfect game to lone wolf. I'll go back to BF1 at some point since I like DICE's formula, but TF2 MP still has its hooks on me. Gen3.14 and still not tired of Attrition. :)

It really is, I just turned lvl 10 haha so haven't played that much of it. Didn't play the first one either so I'm trying to find the class for me. I'm trying to figure out a bunch of stuff, I don't even know how the hell I eject out of a titan, I only plopp out, I want to get airborne at least haha.

But it's a great game, and Attrition is the way to go.

LowSignal

Bought titanfall 2 a second time but this time on PS4 to test out the Pro. Looks amazing, Grab a copy or 2 for $30 if you can.

hit me up if you have a Mic and play a lot.
XBL: Xbox Live Mike
PSN: XboxLiveMike

joecanada

Bought titanfall 2 a second time but this time on PS4 to test out the Pro. Looks amazing, Grab a copy or 2 for $30 if you can.

hit me up if you have a Mic and play a lot.
XBL: Xbox Live Mike
PSN: XboxLiveMike

what happened? was PSNMike taken? haha.

I'm so bitter JoeCanada was taken on xboxlive and I had to use horrid J03Candada :( ...........

LowSignal

Why do people like the SMG so much? I find that they take a bit longer to kill.

Or maybe the Hemlock is just too good

I prefer the R-201 as it works as a great overall weapon.

what happened? was PSNMike taken? haha.

I'm so bitter JoeCanada was taken on xboxlive and I had to use horrid J03Candada :( ...........

Someone got to PSNMike before I even thought about it, by the time I tried for it I could only get XboxLiveMike as a secondary and use my original PSN id from back in the day to purchase games.

Mupod

Wonder when they're going to do something about SMGs. Pretty much the entire population is using them now, gee I wonder why...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I prefer the R-201 as it works as a great overall weapon.

Someone got to PSNMike before I even thought about it, by the time I tried for it I could only get XboxLiveMike as a secondary and use my original PSN id from back in the day to purchase games.

The R201 is a great overall weapon, but the flatline is an absolute beast in multi. It's amazing.

KorrZ

I've come to use nothing but the G2. It's amazing. Barely any recoil, incredibly range on it, and fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. By far my favourite gun

Yep. G2 is my baby, it's like a sniper rifle that you can fire almost automatic speed with no recoil. If you line up the crosshairs for a second it's almost a guaranteed kill if you pull the trigger fast enough.

Need a side arm with it though, close range you get fucked by the SMGs. I use the Mozambique and switch to it when in close quarters.

Why do people like the SMG so much? I find that they take a bit longer to kill.

Or maybe the Hemlock is just too good

The Volt with extended mags and the shoot while running perk makes the gun damn good. It already has amazing hip fire accuracy by default, so being able to shoot while running with it is great. Plus, that gun firing sound scares people lol

Tinúviel

Is there anyone here who also missed this map from R1?

fracturefizpc.jpg

legbone

During the intro sequence I always turn around and creepily stare at the pilots behind me.

hahaha. me too, glad to see there are other people that enjoy doing goofy little things like this in the game.

and i'm taking a break this evening, not that i have much time into the game since launch (full time job and all that good stuff). just played so shitty last night that i'm in no mood to get depressed (exaggeration obviously). i'm only level 15 because i suck. some people are really good or have a bunch of time on their hands (and i'm sure the latter can cause the former). i mean, i know that my level is extremely low for someone that bought it a few days after launch, but i have also been playing a shitload of f1 2016 at the moment. anyway, i'm still amazed at how many people have numerous numbers of regens.

Revas

So I was using the Grappling Hook for the first time...

And this just happened:

3o7TKsXks0QNffkX5K.gif

(big)

Holy shit.

Today was the first day I felt truly pessimistic about this game having legs on PC. It's unfortunate because while this game isn't all I wanted it to be, it's still great fun. Shame that if I switch to Xbox I'll have to earn all my gear back.

Also I recieve about half the advocate gifts that I'm rewarded in the post game menu.

I've loved the campaign so far.

But I've gotten the same game ending error after the mission following the ark.
the one were Briggs and Milita are going after the fold tool in Titans
anyone have the same problem?

J.EM1

I'm really missing the multiplayer. My free 2 day PS Plus ended a few days ago. Need to get a subscription just in time for Thanksgiving.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I was using the Grappling Hook for the first time...

Have had that happen to me a few times. While facing them. Kinda funky how you can be shooting them and somehow they beat you with the grapple to melee. :|

ANYWAY: The last pistol you unlock is pretty shitty. It seems like it's only meant to be used while COMPLETELY stationary. Which... uh... is counter-productive.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Have had that happen to me a few times. While facing them. Kinda funky how you can be shooting them and somehow they beat you with the grapple to melee. :|

ANYWAY: The last pistol you unlock is pretty shitty. It seems like it's only meant to be used while COMPLETELY stationary. Which... uh... is counter-productive.

Which one is last again? Wingman?

That gun is atleast really strong if you have amped weapons, it's a one shot kill anywhere on the body.

...but like usual it is REALLY hard to use a pistol sidearm in TF2 unless you're just doing Pilot Hunt or something since losing the anti-titan weapon is way too brutal of a tradeoff.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

I think so, whatever the level 32 one is. It's utter shit on the move. I've noticed the reticle goes complete circle while still. Same with ADS. Just totally pointless when everyone is ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMing aorund.

KingV

That gun is atleast really strong if you have amped weapons, it's a one shot kill anywhere on the body.

...but like usual it is REALLY hard to use a pistol sidearm in TF2 unless you're just doing Pilot Hunt or something since losing the anti-titan weapon is way too brutal of a tradeoff.

I think they are intended to go with the grenade weapons, since those supposedly do titan damage.

Top Bottom