• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hahaha, I love the Pro Screen. I've got one on both my MGL and my Flatline, and it's just a funny little reminder every once in a while.

Tinúviel;224604537 said:
Is there anyone here who also missed this map from R1?

fracturefizpc.jpg
Most certainly. That map was extremely fun.

I'm slowly progressing to 50. I switched to cloak, electric smoke grenade, pilot turret and volt as my primary with Tone as my titan. Does that make me part of the problem? At least on the ps4, the volt has quite a bit of range and cloak lasts for so long.

Revas

Have had that happen to me a few times. While facing them. Kinda funky how you can be shooting them and somehow they beat you with the grapple to melee. :|

ANYWAY: The last pistol you unlock is pretty shitty. It seems like it's only meant to be used while COMPLETELY stationary. Which... uh... is counter-productive.

The Wingman reminds me a lot of the TF1 version, which is to say it kicks ass. You can use it at medium range if you have good aim, obviously all the sidearms are going to be outgunned by SMGs and ARs. I normally use my pistol loadout until titans are on the field and both the P2016 and Wingman take down pilots no problem.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Wingman reminds me a lot of the TF1 version, which is to say it kicks ass. You can use it at medium range if you have good aim, obviously all the sidearms are going to be outgunned by SMGs and ARs. I normally use my pistol loadout until titans are on the field and both the P2016 and Wingman take down pilots no problem.

I like the P2106 and Mozambabwe or whatever the shotgun pistol is called. The default/level 1 pistol isn't worth shit and this one is really underwelming for the amount of leveling you need to do to unlock it.

...And I'm stuck with it to get merits to level up while unlocking to level 5-7 add-ons for it. *scream*

Josh5890

I hope I can snag a PC copy for $30 next week or sooner. This game looks like a lot of fun and I need something to test my brand new 1070 with.

ZehDon

Finally regenerated, and I'm still enjoying the heck out of this game. This is dangerously close to my GOTY. I pray this gets attention this Christmas period, because it deserves it.

Also: why are melee and executions in this game so unreliable? Am I terrible, or am I missing something?

Lots to love about this game, but the people who handled the net code should be tossed into the street and blacklisted from the industry.

It's unacceptable that I can have a ping under 30, only for my Hemlock shots to take a full Mississippi count to show the hash marks. This is the kind of disrespect to the player that kind of makes me think the low sales numbers may be justified.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Arrived at Pilot Gen 2.

Still have not used any other Titan than Ronin.

Gen 3 Ronin now :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
What lvl do you regenerate your pilot? 50?

KodaRuss

Lots to love about this game, but the people who handled the net code should be tossed into the street and blacklisted from the industry.

It's unacceptable that I can have a ping under 30, only for my Hemlock shots to take a full Mississippi count to show the hash marks. This is the kind of disrespect to the player that kind of makes me think the low sales numbers may be justified.

I guess you havent played Siege... Netcode/hit detection is horrible. Titanfall 2 feels amazing coming from Siege.

thetrin

I guess you havent played Siege... Netcode/hit detection is horrible. Titanfall 2 feels amazing coming from Siege.

I haven't had issues at all, but I'm in Japan and connected to TF2's Tokyo Data Center. Might be why.

Btw, what's player count like in the West? In Japan, it seems fairly healthy (for a western game in Japan). Around 10pm at night every night, there's roughly 12000 players playing.

I really think mechs made all the difference for adoption in Japan. The same thing happened with Lost Planet.

Neolombax

I like the P2106 and Mozambabwe or whatever the shotgun pistol is called. The default/level 1 pistol isn't worth shit and this one is really underwelming for the amount of leveling you need to do to unlock it.

...And I'm stuck with it to get merits to level up while unlocking to level 5-7 add-ons for it. *scream*

You mean the Mozambique? Haha. Mozambabwe made me chuckle a bit.

I like the Wingman. Reminds me a lot of handcannons from Destiny. TF2 has spoiled me, I can't seem get into any other FPS after TF2.

Have had that happen to me a few times. While facing them. Kinda funky how you can be shooting them and somehow they beat you with the grapple to melee. :|

ANYWAY: The last pistol you unlock is pretty shitty. It seems like it's only meant to be used while COMPLETELY stationary. Which... uh... is counter-productive.

If that's the pistol I'm thinking of I believe sliding with it has an interesting effect on the accuracy of it (at least going off of the reticle) :)

rezn0r

So I'm smack dab in the middle of the platform assembly plant...

Fucking love that section. The end of that level is an awesome little momentary mind fuck.

Just finished that part and the one after it, I was already loving the campaign but holy shit that's seriously one of the coolest parts of any campaign I've played.

No one else had a game breaking error in campaign? Just wondering how to fix it. Don't wanna start all over, pretty close to end.

Twice now I've lost my checkpoints because my game is crashing as it loads wherever I was (after shutting down the last time I was playing). Had to manually select the chapter and start over. One time I was near the start anyway... the other time I was at the last scene. Very annoying but I'll probably power through it since the campaign doesn't seem to have a whole lot left. But yeah it blows. Was making me want to upgrade to the Pro, assuming it's even my PS4...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If that's the pistol I'm thinking of I believe sliding with it has an interesting effect on the accuracy of it (at least going off of the reticle) :)

Yeah, I noticed that. But I never slide around anywhere. I'm generally standing or wallrunning. Which makes the whole thing kinda pointless if it doesn't hit anything unless I'm standing still.
Double so with the snipers that I'm trying to level for fast Merits.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Similar situation. I'm enjoying tf2 while the pop is good and active.

I honestly think the player pop has stabilized somewhat. Now it's at 10K and I rarely see it dip below 10K on PS4 anymore. :D Most of the time, it's at 13K+

Finally regenerated, and I'm still enjoying the heck out of this game. This is dangerously close to my GOTY. I pray this gets attention this Christmas period, because it deserves it.

Also: why are melee and executions in this game so unreliable? Am I terrible, or am I missing something?

I'd count on this getting a lot of Black Friday love and Christmas as well. Add in that it will most likely be nominated for Shooter of the Year and win a few, that should help push it.

Executions for Pilots are done by holding melee not pressing. :)

I never regened in Titanfall 1. What are the reasons for me to do so this time around? More unlockables?

Patch that shows what gen you're in, Pilot and Titan skins. They're enough for me to regenerate. I kinda want the black Titan skins. Haha! XD Oh, and Titan nose art. Most of them are tucked away by regeneration stuff.

---

I'm kinda wondering why there's no accolades trailer for this. I mean, 90 on Metacritic and tons of 9's and 10's? Yeah, should jump on that, EA.

I'm Gen3.16 and have regen a lot of the guns and Titans (except Northstar and Ronin). Ion and Tone are both in Gen3 already, even.

I find that I mostly use cloak, stim and sometimes phase. I rarely use holo or the A-Wall but I've seen people that use it to great effect. A-Wall is nasty for chokepoints. Hopefully, Respawn gives an update on what stuff is coming down the pipe.

Imagine if we get new maps, weapons, kits and even Titans?! Man, kinda excited for those. Even if they roll a few out every month and don't blow it all at once. I kinda want to see the new Pilot and Titan skills as well. I'll buy 'em (provided they're not expensive) just to show support since I'm playing the crap out of TF2.

When's the next paaattch.

Community seems to have some specific complaints that could be fixed to make the game better. Still seems like wall hacks and sonar is too popular, is that true?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't had issues at all, but I'm in Japan and connected to TF2's Tokyo Data Center. Might be why.

Btw, what's player count like in the West? In Japan, it seems fairly healthy (for a western game in Japan). Around 10pm at night every night, there's roughly 12000 players playing.

I really think mechs made all the difference for adoption in Japan. The same thing happened with Lost Planet.

Hey, I'm in Japan and can usually be on sometime between 10pm-midnight (if I'm not playing SFV).
If you're on PS4 then let's play! My ID is the same as on here.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

Community seems to have some specific complaints that could be fixed to make the game better. Still seems like wall hacks and sonar is too popular, is that true?

I've noticed it go down actually.

However I have definitely seen a rise in Cloak usage.

Sigh...

One day Id like to know what its like to be the worst player on a winning team instead of the best player on a losing team.

Just for varieties sake.

The Wingman is a beast with good aim, you can tear people up just using that, it was THE sidearm in TF1.

See it in action!

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

I don't notice it a lot now. I mean, there's less and less people using it, especially Pulse Blade.

I've noticed it go down actually.

However I have definitely seen a rise in Cloak usage.

Yeah, people either use Cloak and Stim from what I've noticed. Some use Phase but there's a good mix. I use hook, stim, cloak and phase sometimes. I just vary what I use and don't care about stats that much.

Sigh...

One day Id like to know what its like to be the worst player on a winning team instead of the best player on a losing team.

Just for varieties sake.

I know what you mean. I had like three games where I scored more than 150 and someone on my team scored 19 points. How the fuck do you score only 19 points in Attrition? Even if you're a noob, that's just grunts. :(

I started using Ronin now and holy shit. It's fun. I've managed to take down four Titans in one match in my second time using him. What abilities are good for him? I use Nuclear (only Titan I use that for is with him), Temporal Anomaly and Dome Shield. So when you get his ulti you just swing your sword like crazy, right?

I really like how Respawn has nailed down progression. There's always one more banner, patch, kit, etc. that you'll unlock that spills over to "just one more game." When I see that I only need 1-2 merits to rank up, I play another game just to hit it and the cycle continues. xD

And yeah, I'm shallow. Skins, banners, patches -- I want 'em. I hope respawn constantly adds more.

Sigh...

Just for varieties sake.

That I can tell you, is a bit bittersweet.

Sure it means you suck, but at least you know that you didn't suck bad enough to bring your whole team down!

Ghazi

I haven't gotten to the campaign yet, but after seventeen hours of MP I've come to the conclusion that it's the best 'casual' shooter out right now. I still think it's worse than Titanfall 1, but nothing else out right now compares. The game's biggest problem is the maps, imo, they just aren't as good as the launch TF1 maps. That and the Titan combat/movement got downgraded pretty badly, they lost the balance of the three chassis & core system.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Does it really matter if you win or lose?

One of the best (and possibly most surprising) things about this game is, no, it really doesn't.

Isn't the only difference a few credits or level up chips? I really don't know.
W/L stats be damned, it's the most liberated I've felt playing a competitive online game (let alone FPS) in ages.

One of the best (and possibly most surprising) things about this game is, no, it really doesn't.

Isn't the only difference a few credits or level up chips? I really don't know.
W/L stats be damned, it's the most liberated I've felt playing a competitive online game (let alone FPS) in ages.

If you evacuate then you'd probably get the same number of merits as for winning.

Xater

∀ Narayan;224631603 said:
How are player numbers on consoles? It's absolutely abysmal on PC. I really hope it improves over time. I don't want this game to die. :(

It's very unlikely that player number will improve in a significant way.

Top Bottom