• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Greddleok

Can we talk about how shit the credits sequence is in this game?

It's so fucking cheesey, and damn the main characters face looks so dumb the whole time. Glad it's an FPS. That idiots mug would put me right off if I had to look at it for more than a couple of minutes.

Unlike the DOOM sequence...which was awesome.

Iorv3th

Have to agree. Not to mention, campers are easy targets in this game. Love it when they are on the roofs in homestead since they are so easy to kill. Sitting ducks really.

Not getting all the cloak hate, either. I use most of the pilot classes and find a good phase shift or stim user much harder to kill. I use cloak a lot on certain maps and will agree that it lasts, maybe, a tad too long. Does anyone know how long it's active for?

I only use cloak when I am sniping and sniping is the only time I 'camp'. I really don't run into people camping very often. Only time I run into 'camping' would be during bounty hunt defending banks but that is expected. Would be stupid not to camp them.

The kill cam kind of defeats the purpose of camping, if you keep getting killed by the same guy in the same spot then you are approaching that player wrong. I move around a whole lot and have had a game with 40 pilot kills.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Have to agree. Not to mention, campers are easy targets in this game. Love it when they are on the roofs in homestead since they are so easy to kill. Sitting ducks really.

Not getting all the cloak hate, either. I use most of the pilot classes and find a good phase shift or stim user much harder to kill. I use cloak a lot on certain maps and will agree that it lasts, maybe, a tad too long. Does anyone know how long it's active for?

Same. I kill a lot of Pilots using Cloak as well. Usually, these are the same people that camp on roofs, etc. I do get killed by people using them since I don't see them right away, but that's one of the whole point of it, right? Same thing when I get killed when someone is using Stim; I don't blame the ability for being able to chase me down since I'm reloading, etc.

Maybe it can be a tad shorter, but it's not game-breaking, I think.

So I've got a few friends on the fence about buying this even though I've given it a really solid recommendation. I think one big reason they hesitated was that Walmart was selling the game for 30 dollars this week but the PS Store is still full price. So they want to buy it digital but they feel like they are paying too much if the physical copy is less. Whatever.

Anyway, my question is do we think this will see a sale on the PS Store anytime soon or is it only physical copies for Black Friday sales that will see a cut?

I doubt we'll see it on sale on PSN. Tell them to get the physical disc? :)

Less campy? This is the least campy game I've ever played. Has the definition of camping now changed so completely that it means any player that doesn't get all their kills exclusively whilst wall-running or 360 no-scoping?

Seems anything involving not running while you get killed is "camping." It's not. Also, camping is a viable strategy (I used it to great effect in past Call of Duty games). People can choose to wallrun or choose to play the way they want to. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Wow never thought I would be saying this but this game has an awesome campaign. Its been a while I have wanted to play a FPS campaign. The guns and shooting feel so good.

We need more shooters with good campaigns.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seems anything involving not running while you get killed is "camping." It's not. Also, camping is a viable strategy (I used it to great effect in past Call of Duty games). People can choose to wallrun or choose to play the way they want to. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
I've seen matches where no one moves because everyone is just camping the lanes with cloak. It's kind of ridiculous at times.

Revas

Part of the allure of Titanfall has been that it isn't a camper friendly game. While that may still be partially true, it's not really a wall-run friendly game either. As a DMR guy there's only so much running and shooting you can do while being effective with the thing anyway, though I don't consider myself a camper I do frequent the few vantage points these maps offer.

Zemm

The average skill level in this game is atrocious. Every single game there's someone below 20 points in Attrition who has been there from the start. Even seeing gen 2+ getting those scores.

deoee

The average skill level in this game is atrocious. Every single game there's someone below 20 points in Attrition who has been there from the start. Even seeing gen 2+ getting those scores.

It's like that in every game.
Battlefield 1 let's me scream at my monitor becaue people are just DUMB IDIOTS

Pbae

Dood, it's not always about keeping score. Sometime you just want to cloak up and throw a gravity star right at your feet when a player runs by and see what happens.

SwolBro

Banned

yeah, it's pretty bad and it's part of the reason the matchmaking has such a hard time balancing teams.

So ok, is this just a general connection issue? Basically every match, and I mean every single match I play, always has several points where the game freezes but certain animations and stuff are still playing. Now while obviously the game is frozen to me, everyone else is still doing stuff so I've been getting fucked over a lot recently in MP because of this. Is there anyway to stop this from happening? Titanfall 2 does this the worst, but I have gotten some stuff like this in BF1 but not as much. But other MP games I've played across a couple platforms haven't been having this issue at all (If ever) though.

E92 M3

That's what happens when so many people don't how to play a shooter with so many mechanics (on consoles).

JB1981

Campaign is fun so far but the busy visual aesthetic makes enemy readability onscreen quite bad. Feel like all these modern sci-fi games fail to realize that clean UI and readability is more important than aesthetic flourish.

Mafro

Ouch @ the end of this interview with Vince Zampella http://www.glixel.com/interviews/qa-titanfall-2-creator-on-what-makes-a-great-shooter-w450709

Will you make another Titanfall game?
We don't know yet. The game is, critically, a huge success. We're really happy with all the reviews and the positive sentiment. Sales, it's too early to tell. We'd definitely like to tell more of the story and the universe. I think it's pretty safe to assume that we'll explore more of it. EA might have announced more. Devin?

[Devin Bennett, a publicist for Electronic Arts, interjects, "What we've said is we're committed to the franchise."]
So, whatever the fuck that means.

SwolBro

Banned
I'm mostly on PC so it's not even just console players.

games with intense mobility aren't popular anymore. that's why the days of quake, unreal, etc died out.

for the most part gamers these days want something simple and straight forward. the ones that want intense complexity and skill tend to play league of legends and so forth

if there won't be another titanfall game in the future i don't see myself gaming anymore. i'm already disenchanted with majority of games, outside of this franchise there is nothing else out there that interests me.

Revas

I'm guilty of being this guy once in awhile, this game sort of funnels you into a certain play style (SMG or R201) if you want to get a high score and I don't really enjoy that.

joecanada

Haha reminds me of when I played BF3

Ya bf3 was incredible at times. Me and one other friend ptfo would dominate an entire game, and get 1st and 2nd score every game just because we weren't camping on top of a crane in gulf lol.

Tf2 always seems to have one or two players carrying the team . Like what's with people in scavenger who don't even get out of Titan to deposit?

Tb0ne07

Finished the campaign last week or so, overall really good, my thoughts on OG PS4:

The good -

- great pacing, inventive level design/puzzling/platforming
- great music (doesn't get enough praise)
- excellent balance of shooting/puzzles/parkour/titan gameplay
- time travel!
- BT is a memorable character and was well written
- solid framerate and colorful visuals
- i liked that it didn't take itself too seriously
- most importantly, the game had little to no filler and it was plain fun to play

Nitpicks/constructive criticisms:

-graphics, after coming from Uncharted 4 (i know, apples and oranges), were a little...simple, but it did run at a solid 60 so I guess that is the trade off
-boss battles were too easy? I played it on hard and the only one that gave me trouble was Viper, but I was mostly just messing around until I beat him. The soldier AI seemed lacking, would have been cool to have fought other pilots on foot once and while. Something about the difficulty just seemed off
-the dialog tree while interesting, was kind of meaningless and a bit of a missed opportunity
-voice actor for Cooper, his delivery was just entirely flat, not matter what the situation was, i felt like I was typing the words into a computer and they were just saying them.

Again, overall great and refreshing campaign, just a few niggles I had with it.

Multiplayer has been great, but I think the maps have been the least impressive thing, they are just...ok. I remember being pretty wowed by all of the detail put into the TF1 maps, especially Fracture, Relic, Angel City etc...and that was playing on the 360.

I think this is still the best shooter around by a wide margin and can't wait to play some more. Hitting pilots with Ions laser has got to be one of the most satisfying things to do in any game. Looking forward to the upcoming Angel City map. Some hopes that I have:

-FOV slider for consoles
-more Gauntlet style trials, I could really see them getting inventive on this, an extension of their "action block" ideas
-Add some quality maps or a few more remasters of the more popular old ones.

LowSignal

I had a weird animation happen where I grappled to a Legion, got stuck on his front nose and could only jump off instead of positioning to remove the battery.

dankir

if BT is added in or if the vanguard class specifically, isn't his battery compartment on the side of chassis/frame? Would they just redesign it for pilot rodeoing?

Ghazi

I just figured out that, with Tone, if you're getting rodeod you can just look at a wall, shoot it with the 40mm, and kill the attacker with zero damage to yourself.

lol.

T-0800

You're also not limited to only those within your region. Most games will shift region for you once it can't find a game, this game doesn't and you have to do it manually, but the moment that a game like Call of Duty places me against a French group of players I don't assume that the game is dead. They should probably hide the regionalised matchmaking numbers in this game, honestly.

I understand that but being in Australia if I change to another region I'm getting 300 + ping which is pretty much unplayable.

LowSignal

I just figured out that, with Tone, if you're getting rodeod you can just look at a wall, shoot it with the 40mm, and kill the attacker with zero damage to yourself.

lol.

Add that to the list of things Tone is unbalanced at. The splash damage on its 40mm cannon is pretty good.

Tinúviel

Even though i think TF2 is best shooter of this year i can't instantly say that i'm on board with TF3 idea.Activision fired these guys because they wanted to do something else rather then MW3 or even MW2,instantly making TF3 after TF2 is kinda opposite of their own philosophy.They are probably the one of the most talented FPS studio out there and i now want to see next big thing coming from them.

My own opinion is that i want them to make another MW2 levels of big shooter but of course that shouldn't be exact copy of neither CoD nor TF.I prefer it to be more traditional FPS without Titans and for multiplayer it should be not as big as BF but not as small as CoD if you know what i mean.

With their story telling and design quality i believe there is still lot to tell from "Modern Warfare" or even WW2 era.

KingV

Can we talk about how shit the credits sequence is in this game?

It's so fucking cheesey, and damn the main characters face looks so dumb the whole time. Glad it's an FPS. That idiots mug would put me right off if I had to look at it for more than a couple of minutes.

Unlike the DOOM sequence...which was awesome.

The faces look like half life 2 faces. They are really bad.

Jack cooper needs to keep his helmet on

Calderc

Tinúviel;224705274 said:
Even though i think TF2 is best shooter of this year i can't instantly say that i'm on board with TF3 idea.Activision fired these guys because they wanted to do something else rather then MW3 or even MW2,instantly making TF3 after TF2 is kinda opposite of their own philosophy.They are probably the one of the most talented FPS studio out there and i now want to see next big thing coming from them.

My own opinion is that i want them to make another MW2 levels of big shooter but of course that shouldn't be exact copy of neither CoD nor TF.I prefer it to be more traditional FPS without Titans and for multiplayer it should be not as big as BF but not as small as CoD if you know what i mean.

With their story telling and design quality i believe there is still lot to tell from "Modern Warfare" or even WW2 era.

What? No.

KingV

Not half the team and several ranks in, nope.

I feel like the competition has gotten stiffer, or at least I'm running into more parties lately.

I'm still getting around 100 most attrition matches, which is respectably able to contribute to a win, but the problem is the rest of my team will get like 60 or below, almost every match. And the other team will just eat at 120+ in the top three spots.

Given that I am starting to find "packs" of opponents in match more often I'm guessing it a party thing.

Is Titangaf better on XB1? I unfortunately never really have a chance to party up on PS4, which sucks

IISANDERII

Tinúviel;224705274 said:

Infinity Ward got fired because Activision wanted to do something else? Lol. So Activision carries on with a very similar formula for years and then changes it when they catch wind of what Respawn is doing and copies them? That makes sense.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
More Titanfall card games!

It's PR speak for "yes, there's more but we won't announce it and confirm it until we're good and ready." xD

Obviously, Zampella can't say anything more concrete since PR controls the flow of information. Even when he (Zampella) tweeted back then that he didn't know EA made TF1 exclusive until after, and how he tweeted that it won't be the case for TF2, EA PR wouldn't confirm it's coming to PlayStation even though it's a foregone conclusion. :D

Also, I've hit level 6 or 7 with Ronin and kinda surprised how fast and easy it is to take down Titans. Well, mostly with nuclear eject. https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/798960175310774272

Any tips, Ronin guys? His sword core does good damage, right? I don't feel it does. His Leadwall should have at least six shots, no? Four shots are eh, kinda too few. But again, only started it out using him.

Revas

Tinúviel;224705274 said:

Can't wait for TF3.

Top Bottom