• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

SwolBro

Banned
almost gen 6. after some real solid hours in this game i have to say the biggest issue are the maps. they're not very good overall and it hinders the gameplay big time.

Ghazi

almost gen 6. after some real solid hours in this game i have to say the biggest issue are the maps. they're not very good overall and it hinders the gameplay big time.

Those were my thoughts as well, my post got swallowed at the end of a couple pages ago.

I haven't gotten to the campaign yet, but after seventeen hours of MP I've come to the conclusion that it's the best 'casual' shooter out right now. I still think it's worse than Titanfall 1, but nothing else out right now compares. The game's biggest problem is the maps, imo, they just aren't as good as the launch TF1 maps. That and the Titan combat/movement got downgraded pretty badly, they lost the balance of the three chassis & core system.

Ghazi

So what youre saying is that Respawn should dump all TF1 maps into TF2? Sounds like a plan.

thinking-face.png

Is that what I said? The maps in the game right now just don't mesh with the movement suite nor the pilot/titan duality nearly as well as the ones in the first did.

thinking-face.png

Is that what I said? The maps in the game right now just don't mesh with the movement suite nor the pilot/titan duality nearly as well as the ones in the first did.

You also want them to remove the battery system and bring back TF1 rodeo? Add shields by default? Increase Titan speeds? Faster Dash recharge? You're a man of ideas, Ghazi.

Respawn take note!

Spy

Build? I haven't really tried shotguns that much.
I almost don't want to tell you because I don't want anything nerfed...

EVA-8 Auto w/ Gun Ready (or Gunrunner) and Tactikill
Stim + Arc Grenade
Amped Weapons

You should always lead with an Arc Grenade to know where they're at (hitmarker) and rush them with Stim. The game is easy mode with that setup. All I do is run and gun.

Pixels

I love this game but it's pretty sad to see~2k playing attrition on ps4. It gets down to like 300 in the middle of the night... :(

Get at least Overgrowth, Smuggler's Cove, and Wargames in addition to Angel City and I'll be ecstatic.

How long are you willing to wait? If we're getting 1 map in December... that's like 2 months after release, and maybe another map in another 2 months...

It doesnt seem realistically possible for them to work on releasing 3-4 maps at once.

Dartastic

I do think that the map that takes place inside the building w/the rooms that are essentially covered by glass is a bad map.

I just done pilot vs pilot and spawned in the same spot the entire game, my team camped in it, the other team camped the middle of the map a d that was the whole game. It felt like I was the only one moving and getting kills.

Also I'm really enjoying mp bow that I've sorted my Titan and load out a bit more. Wish there were more maps though the ones we have seem a bit bland and uninspired.

KodaRuss

I love this game but it's pretty sad to see~2k playing attrition on ps4. It gets down to like 300 in the middle of the night... :(

Do you have problems getting into games? Also, the number of people in the playlist is just your region right?

I have never had a problem getting into a game.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Respawn really needs to sort this out or to let people know. It's not 2K entirely, it's 2K in your region. There's close to 12K players online right this moment.

I sometimes wonder if we'll ever reach a point where not every game is compared to Call of Duty and Battlefield in terms of sales, fan base, etc. I mean, those two have been in the gaming scene for over a decade. TF2 is the franchise's first console multi-platform release. It's kinda unfair and foolish to expect it to compete with the likes of those, no?

Do you have problems getting into games? Also, the number of people in the playlist is just your region right?

I have never had a problem getting into a game.

Yep, same. Playing now and I get into Attrition no issues. I normally have to stop the queue since I fiddle with loadouts..Titanfall 2 OT2: What's the Player Population? Or Titanfall 2 OT2: Self-Fulfilling Prophecy might be apt titles at this point. LOL!

I also phased dash as Ronin into another Titan and died. Feels bad, man. :(

As long as we can get games I'm happy, I used to play EU socom 2 and at its peak you had 5k online. I know that was a different time but as long as folk stick with this game others will pick it up and join in.

iddqd

The average skill level in this game is atrocious. Every single game there's someone below 20 points in Attrition who has been there from the start. Even seeing gen 2+ getting those scores.

Yeah, I'm sadly also one of those sometimes.
I have good games where I fall into the middle but also some where I'm dead last.

I'm trying to understand what I'm doing wrong but I have huge trouble with being able to aim down sights fast enough to hit something before I die.
Never played COD or MP games where that mattered.

Thats why I tend to do better on the small maps where I can just shotgun my way to the party.

Dantis

Just finished the campaign. Completely amazing. Best shooter campaign in years.

Booker and Gates were under-utilised though.

My games lately have either been complete stomps our way or the enemy team having 3 Tones out before we have any and running around in an unkillable deathball behind particle walls half the time.

Honestly Tone's primary tracking Pilots is so unnecessary. Even if it's just a little that shit is lame as hell.

LowSignal

I watched a guy who played an entire attrition game and got a zero score yesterday. I think it was a troll account but I don't understand why. He even was using his mic and was talking to me. I wish more people would use mics or at least listen to me when I scream "come back I have a battery for you!" or "stay close and we can work together"

KaoteK

I'm enjoying the hell out of the game, and I'm someone who is not into COD nor Battlefield. There's something that just clicks with me with this one that makes me want to put in the time and stop being shite. On that note anyone got any tips for an old git who's reactions are not what they used to be? I'm normally that guy on the bottom of the table, and I'd really like to do a bit better.

On the subject of player population, I'm in the Asian region, and players waiting for attrition can be low as 100, I still get into games really fast though.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Have they stated the numbers shown are based on regions?

Whoops! I meant Data Center. Yeah, I think they said it's Data Center, no?

I'm enjoying the hell out of the game, and I'm someone who is not into COD nor Battlefield. There's something that just clicks with me with this one that makes me want to put in the time and stop being shite. On that note anyone got any tips for an old git who's reactions are not what they used to be? I'm normally that guy on the bottom of the table, and I'd really like to do a bit better.

On the subject of player population, I'm in the Asian region, and players waiting for attrition can be low as 100, I still get into games really fast though.

Where do you connect? I think JP Data Centers have the most players.

Gator86

Yeah, I'm sadly also one of those sometimes.
I have good games where I fall into the middle but also some where I'm dead last.

I'm trying to understand what I'm doing wrong but I have huge trouble with being able to aim down sights fast enough to hit something before I die.
Never played COD or MP games where that mattered.

Thats why I tend to do better on the small maps where I can just shotgun my way to the party.

You'll be fine. Just don't be in places where you need to ADS quickly. Stay at range or in the close range parts of the map. If you're not using the perk for faster ads, you should use that too. It makes a big difference considering the near instant TTK in this. Alternator is hip fire headshots from like a block away if you want a non shotgun weapon. Cloak spam gives you a solid jump on people in a lot of cases. Lots of options if you're willing to change things up.

E92 M3

Same boat as you, and indeed the maps are the weakest element. That said, most of them are still a lot of fun to play on. I would like to see more R1 maps, though.

Nakadai30

First post on Neogaf! Just wanted to say, the game is great!
Didn't have a One so I never played the first. Picked this up on the Target $35 dollar sale, and never looked back, so good. Reminds me of the original Gears of War's multiplayer in that everything just feels so right. I run with Stim/L-Star/MGL and Ion, having so much fun. I hope the game finds success and even more players over the holidays, I want the PS4 online community to stay strong throughout 2017.

-Deimos

Not sure if it still works, but I have a spare key for the Nitro Pack dlc on PC.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1300887.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (-Deimos, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Nitro Pack (Origin) -- MB-FA5412F3B8B1F642 - Taken by Triforce141. 2 entrants total.

t1479344847z1.png

spending 6+ minutes looking for a multiplayer game on the PC sure is fun.. the game is either dead or the matchmaker is utter shit. i haven't jumped into one game yet.

spending 6+ minutes looking for a multiplayer game on the PC sure is fun.. the game is either dead or the matchmaker is utter shit. i haven't jumped into one game yet.

Which mode? Attrition and Bounty Hunt are really the only modes that don't take long, at least for me anyway. Mix tape is really the only other playlist I've had success in but that one takes time, I'm on the East coast US.

Raptor

First post on Neogaf! Just wanted to say, the game is great!
Didn't have a One so I never played the first. Picked this up on the Target $35 dollar sale, and never looked back, so good. Reminds me of the original Gears of War's multiplayer in that everything just feels so right. I run with Stim/L-Star/MGL and Ion, having so much fun. I hope the game finds success and even more players over the holidays, I want the PS4 online community to stay strong throughout 2017.

Welcome to Gaf!!

:D

Top Bottom