• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Yup, it's a problem, especially now that it's becoming the meta. It completely discourages movement because you're a target that's not invisible and it completely destroys the titan versus pilot dynamic. They need to make cloaked pilots take extra damage, obscure your vision when cloaked, or break immediately upon firing with some type of flashy visual effect, like phase shift. It need some type of downside.

Once you fire it should completely break cloak and it should go on cooldown, currently from what I've seen a guy will be cloaked, shoot, stop shooting and immediately be cloaked again, is that correct? I ask because I haven't tried the ability since the character model looks garbage to me.

Tokubetsu

Getting the hang of ronin finally but it's kinda hard with evolved controller scheme. If I had a wishlist, being able to set Titan control scheme different from Pilot would be on it. Melee on "B" can be rough.

Northstar one of my favorites as well but like ronin you kinda want a decent team supporting you to be really effective.

Most useful overall boost?

My favorite is still battery reserve. I can usually hold my own with just my tactical and ordnance before Titans come out so having the extra battery helps make Titan gameplay last longer.

Once you fire it should completely break cloak and it should go on cooldown, currently from what I've seen a guy will be cloaked, shoot, stop shooting and immediately be cloaked again, is that correct? I ask because I haven't tried the ability since the character model looks garbage to me.

Yes, that's correct. The cloaked player blinks while shooting then goes back to fully cloaked after.

Dez_

I'm in favor of cloaked pilots losing their click once firing. It doesn't need to come back on. It worked that way in the campaign, and I think the first game, too. While, cloaked pilots are generally not too difficult to spot, I feel like some maps make it harder to see them than others. I know I don't have great vision, but playing on exoplanet, I realized that I really have a tough time dealing with the cloaked pilots. Maybe be it's the general colors of the map. Don't really hav this issue on other maps, though.

zou

low profile is fucking useless, I still have the shitty streaking green tail. what a waste of credits. and not getting credited for taking down titans in any way is infuriating.

think I'm done until we get the new maps and/or significant changes.

Marakh101

Neo Member
This game is incredible. I haven't finished a Single campaign of an FPS since the first Modern Warfare (I don't do multi).
The PS4 Pro helps a lot too.

zou

I'm in favor of cloaked pilots losing their click once firing. It doesn't need to come back on. It worked that way in the campaign, and I think the first game, too. While, cloaked pilots are generally not too difficult to spot, I feel like some maps make it harder to see them than others. I know I don't have great vision, but playing on exoplanet, I realized that I really have a tough time dealing with the cloaked pilots. Maybe be it's the general colors of the map. Don't really hav this issue on other maps, though.

yeah that map sucks. it's the pinkish color palette, makes it hard to see the santa claus colored enemies.

JP

Just received a "Save 43% on Titanfall 2" email discount code from Sony on my UK account.

That takes it from £54.99 to £23.65, just on my way out but it's free to the first person with a UK account who PM's me. I'll be back in less than an hour and send it to you then, it's a wonderful game but I've already downloaded it on my USA account. :)

Izuna

Banned
Just received a "Save 43% on Titanfall 2" email discount code from Sony on my UK account.

That takes it from £54.99 to £23.65, just on my way out but it's free to the first person with a UK account who PM's me. I'll be back in less than an hour and send it to you then, it's a wonderful game but I've already downloaded it on my USA account. :)

lmao...

;(

pM sent!

ZOONAMI

Picked it up for $30 the other day at target. Pmd Wal-Mart.

I don't think it will be a bomba, they are just doing sales to establish a player base with the competition from bf1.

I think it will have legs.

I like it more than bf1. The cutcenes in bf1 have fucking terrible iq for some reason.

zou

Yup, it's a problem, especially now that it's becoming the meta. It completely discourages movement because you're a target that's not invisible and it completely destroys the titan versus pilot dynamic. They need to make cloaked pilots take extra damage, obscure your vision when cloaked, or break immediately upon firing with some type of flashy visual effect, like phase shift. It need some type of downside.

they need to get rid of the glowing player outline and the shitty color streak. There's a reason cloak wasn't used as much in R1, because players didn't actually have a constant bulls eye on them. And if you weren't jumping/wall-running, you could actually take a second to take in the battlefield, without being insta-killed.

JP

I'm still here and you were the first to PM me so it'll be with you shortly, enjoy. I've just noticed that the discounted price that I listed is incorrect, the discounted price that I listed is actually the amount of discount that you get so you will pay a touch more than I said.

Mupod

Most useful overall boost?

I like battery simply because it's versatile and useful even if I get an early Titan - amped weapons rarely does any work for me when I get it right before I'm about to hop into Northstar. And if I DON'T get an early Titan, it's a nice way to catch up because giving it to someone else gives you more than enough to secure your own drop.

I also avoid modes where it's less useful like CTF.

I'm liking this game a lot so far, definitely worth the $30. I feel like the multiplayer needs a different character or a different perspective or something though. I'm spoiled by old CoD campaigns I guess.

Playing not in titans is more fun than running around in a titan.

That would make it completely worthless and no one would pick it. Then people will complain about stim or phase shift because more pilots will be using them and the will die all the time to those. It's not even hard to see cloaked players. I use cloak , stim and phase and it's always a tough choice. A good phase player is way more annoying especially since cloak is only decent for flanking, sniping or traversing large open areas. If they have to nerf cloak, it should only be done by slightly adjusting duration or cooldown

EL CUCO

I roll with dice roll. Wildcard baby!
XMLyMNa.gif

Menthuss

Man, that is just sad :/
Titanfall 2 deserves better. I really hope the game will do better during the holidays.

Doing that would break the ability and any of Its usefulness would be gone too.

Cloak just needs to be more visible to Pilots because the first game did this right already. Cooldown already feels too long, especially since they don't refill on death. You already basically 2-shot everyone anyways, so that with the current low visibility makes it more annoying than it needs to be.

E92 M3

That would make it completely worthless and no one would pick it. Then people will complain about stim or phase shift because more pilots will be using them and the will die all the time to those. It's not even hard to see cloaked players. I use cloak , stim and phase and it's always a tough choice. A good phase player is way more annoying especially since cloak is only decent for flanking, sniping or traversing large open areas. If they have to nerf cloak, it should only be done by slightly adjusting duration or cooldown

I agree, I am not a fan of making things useless. Personally, I think it's balanced. A fun ability that doesn't add anything crazy. Phase shift is a lot more useful.

Cloak just needs to be more visible to Pilots because the first game did this right already. Cooldown already feels too long, especially since they don't refill on death. You already basically 2-shot everyone anyways, so that with the current low visibility makes it more annoying than it needs to be.

It's already super obvious, but that's just me.

KingV

It's already the meta and I'd say most people are using cloak now. Getting a Titan early in attrition is just for farming bots now. Everyone is perma-cloaked so there's no one to even fight. It's the only skill that requires no thought or strategy to use - just be cloaked. There's never a reason not to be. But if you complain about cloak, you are blind and hate fun because cloaked people are easier to see and some people apparently deserve an extra split second advantage in every fight.

Cloak sucks. It's the one ability that is infuriating and promotes camping. Almost everything else promotes movemement or has a drawback (like a shield which lights you up like a Christmas tree).

Cloak promotes standing still and camping because that's what makes you the most invisible.

E92 M3

Cloak sucks. It's the one ability that is infuriating and promotes camping. Almost everything else promotes movemement or has a drawback (like a shield which lights you up like a Christmas tree).

Cloak promotes standing still and camping because that's what makes you the most invisible.

Camping isn't effective in this game. Campers will get a couple kills and that's it.

--

I am essentially anit-nerf unless something is truly broken. The game is balanced well all things considered. Respawn should be doing things that make everyone happy such as releasing an update map. Nothing truly needs a nerf in this game.

Gator86

A good phase or stim user is actually good though. Same with A-wall, grapple, and the other skills. They have to decide when/where to use those abilities. That's skill and experience. Is there even such a thing as a good cloak user? Always be cloaked isn't clever or skillful. Right now, cloak is just a brainless crutch. The entire cloak decision tree is "if not cloaked, cloak." I'd be fine with the cooldown tweak as long as they make it break on first shot and then unusable for 15 seconds or something.

Teams of perma-cloaked pilots ruins the game. It's the exact inverse of the map hack issue. That ruined the game because your team was always visible. Cloak is now just the other team is always invisible. It has an incredibly similar negative effect on the game.

I don't think it's the best boost, but amped weapons with the alternator, gun runner and stim is a crazy fun set. Just run everywhere shooting whatever you see, stick to corridors and other rooms and never go out in the open without your titan unless you're going inside somewhere else.

|OT2| Whatever the fuck that means.
/dead

Top Bottom