• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Schlorgan

When I went to play this morning before work, it said that 6k people were online; when I went into Attrition it said that there were 1200 in my region playing that mode. Is the number of people online at the mode select screen the number of people in my region or overall?

Chris1

It said that 6k people were online this morning and when I went into Attrition it said that there were 1200 in my region playing that mode. Is the number of people online at the mode select screen the number of people in my region or overall?
The number on the playlist selection is worldwide, number when searching for a game is regional + within that playlist

Gator86

I've watched the game spawn someone in front of a Legion using smart core and then do it again. Sometimes there's just a chain reaction of bullshit that you can do nothing to stop.

That said Bounty Hunt is where I always end up wondering what the hell everyone else is doing. You pretty much need to carry every match and hope the other side doesn't have someone doing the same thing. Not uncommon at all to see both sides with one guy over 2500-3000 and the rest under 300.

Yup, I can commonly pull 200+ points in an Attrition game but I've also died 4 times to a single guy in under 30 seconds because the game keeps respawning me 5 feet in front of him and I get meleed before I can even move. Sometimes you're just going to get rolled.

One of the things I love about TF2 is carrying. If I play a great game, my chance of winning is terrific. In other games I've played, it's irrelevant. For a game that's my chill after work and not bother with recruiting a squad game, it's much preferred.

Maybe? I'm not a developer at Respawn so I can't say if my experience matches what they see. I just feel strongly that in games like this, things should have risks/benefits associated with them. They nail that with almost everything else. Ion is built entirely around that idea - one more tripmine and that shield isn't coming out when you need it. A duration or cooldown would definitely be an improvement for me, I think. Respawn might have much better ideas.

I also love how invisibility worked in Crysis. It lets you get the jump on people, but if you're caught, you take extra damage. It pushes both the risk and reward up to the max. I sneak well, I win. I sneak poorly, you win. But that's just an example.

I wouldn't want a skill to be useless. All that does it reduce the diversity and fun of the game.
Extra damage might work. I fee like cooldown an/ or duration tweaks might be better since most People's issues seem to be that it can be on for a good while and needs less discretion on when/When not to use.

I do hope new/bad players don't get deterred from giving the MP a shot. I don't think I'm all that good either, but even when I end up at the bottom, I still end up having a ton of fun.

Gator86

Extra damage might work. I fee like cooldown an/ or duration tweaks might be better since most People's issues seem to be that it can be on for a good while and needs less discretion on when/When not to use.

Yeah, I think my big thing is all the other skills require you to consider where and when to use them whereas cloak does not. I think it's a great tool for titan escapes or setting up a shot at someone, but when people are sprinting around invisible Alternatoring pilots who are dead before they even see someone there the entire game, it's too much.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Picked it up for $30 the other day at target. Pmd Wal-Mart.

I don't think it will be a bomba, they are just doing sales to establish a player base with the competition from bf1.

I think it will have legs.

I like it more than bf1. The cutcenes in bf1 have fucking terrible iq for some reason.

It's also a "Best Seller" on Amazon as well. I don't think it's a sales bomb as some here on GAF are quick to say. Respawn is quite happy with how TF1 sold and some people think TF1 bombed.

Thinking of buying this with the 43% off code I got from Sony. How is the player base on PS4?

Nowhere near Battlefield 1, but good enough. Near 11K now, and usually at 13-15K on weekdays. Not bad and definitely far from dead. Heck, even on PC it isn't that bad. For reference, Infinite Warafre has 5K players on PC: http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Can we make 'Really want to buy this game but dunno how long it'll live/ dunno about the player base' posts a bannable offense? Jesus Christ.

Super annoying to read this. Like, these are the people contributing to the problem. Never mind that a lot of people here (PC, PS4 and Xbox One) are saying you can find games easy enough. It reviewed well, has free DLC and community people are super active -- what more do people want? Again, it's never going to have Battlefield-like players since Call of Duty and Battlefield are decade-old franchises and TF2 is the franchise's first multi-console release.

Absolutely. It's especially good for getting accustomed to the movement and titan battles. Honestly, it's not hard to get into the MP. Just play it like COD at first, then slowly implement the wall running and movement skills. Don't go crazy trying to force them at the beginning because it will just make you a target.

This is true. People see YouTubers and think the game's easy or played like that every time. You'll get shot most of the time. And remember, YTers almost always just show their dominating clips (understandable why) and not the ones where they got owned and such.

Strider

There is and it is in the OP but I am afraid to join as I make bad players look pro.

Is there some PS4-GAF community?

No one uses the one in the OT anyway tbh. The gaf ps4 base is split from that one and the one from the tech test... On top of that people dont always have either set as the "active" network.

The one in the OT should honestly just be deleted and have everyone join the public one... The downside is that there are people inthere that aren't really from GAF

I should get ps4 gaffers to join my Network (Brotatoes). We have 21 members with more kills/wins than the 120+ in the titangaf group

I might just do this.

PSOreo

Just received a discount code from Sony offering 43% off Titanfall 2. Does that mean it's not doing well? How's the online community and should I pick it up over Battlefield and COD?

Just received a discount code from Sony offering 43% off Titanfall 2. Does that mean it's not doing well? How's the online community and should I pick it up over Battlefield and COD?

Titanfall is not the typical FPS. It is a hybrid of systems that the sum of it's parts is the best thing to happen to FPS since Left 4 Dead.

My opinion of course but it is amazing.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

If you never played the original, you'll like it.

The multiplayer is better than CoD and BF. It just pales in comparison to the original is all.

That name alone is join worthy!

No one uses the one in the OT anyway tbh. The gaf ps4 base is split from that one and the one from the tech test... On top of that people dont always have either set as the "active" network.

The one in the OT should honestly just be deleted and have everyone join the public one... The downside is that there are people inthere that aren't really from GAF

I might just do this.

Do it. Community is fine.

If anyone is worried about being bad, I wouldn't let it keep you away from the game. I'm pretty awful, but the game's matchmaking is generally pretty decent if there are enough other people on (and there always have been so far). I'm even top on my team once in a while, but I suppose that's only when I'm with a group of people that are playing it for the first time.

KodaRuss

If anyone is worried about being bad, I wouldn't let it keep you away from the game. I'm pretty awful, but the game's matchmaking is generally pretty decent if there are enough other people on (and there always have been so far). I'm even top on my team once in a while, but I suppose that's only when I'm with a group of people that are playing it for the first time.

I think this game can be forgiving if you play the right game modes. Attrition and Bounty Hunt you can do well at if you understand how to play. However, Last Titan Standing is brutal for new players imo.

Demoskinos

Yay. Just finished up the Platinum Trophy. Very fun game. Glad I bought this one. Going to continue playing Multiplayer as long as people keep showing up to play it.

Good stuff. Thanks for the wonderful game Respawn. I'll never EVER tire of sniping ejecting pilots mid-air with Tone's cannon. Mangnifique!

CxfxrKbXAAAWdrE.jpg

Tosyn_88

GAF picture this. So I had just taken down an enemy Ronin with mine and I run for a flank, unlucky me, I encounter two Tones at a distance. Both immediately put up particle walls and all I got it sword core. It was to late to back out so I had to charge all in, phase dash into them with double dash and I literally confused them with a well ringed dash and arc wave, the other one runs away while I destroy his buddy, only for me to catch him in another corner to finish him off too. It was unreal

KodaRuss

GAF picture this. So I had just taken down an enemy Ronin with mine and I run for a flank, unlucky me, I encounter two Tones at a distance. Both immediately put up particle walls and all I got it sword core. It was to late to back out so I had to charge all in, phase dash into them with double dash and I literally confused them with a well ringed dash and arc wave, the other one runs away while I destroy his buddy, only for me to catch him in another corner to finish him off too. It was unreal

Awesome. I think i am going to switch to Ronin or Scorch after I get Tone to Gen10 (currently 9.2)

SwolBro

Banned
Ok, cloak is too much. All the bad players have realized they can rack up kills by sitting back and cloaking. I'm seeing players go high k/d when they normally wouldn't.

This isn't fucking Titanfall. I can do the same shit, i can go 40+ kills in pilot v pilot every single time by going cloak.

This shit needs to be fixed now. I can't imagine the game surviving with this type of gameplay.

Gator86

Ok, cloak is too much. All the bad players have realized they can rack up kills by sitting back and cloaking. I'm seeing players go high k/d when they normally wouldn't.

This isn't fucking Titanfall. I can do the same shit, i can go 40+ kills in pilot v pilot every single time by going cloak.

This shit needs to be fixed now. I can't imagine the game surviving with this type of gameplay.

Yeah, cloak is definitely the new meta from what I've seen. It's all of the shittiness of the map hack/pulse knife glory days, but the exact inverse.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That British Dew site doesn't work anymore sadly. Stupid exclusive codes.

Yeah, cloak is definitely the new meta from what I've seen. It's all of the shittiness of the map hack/pulse knife glory days, but the exact inverse.

So I'm not crazy after all. :p

I should get ps4 gaffers to join my Network (Brotatoes). We have 21 members with more kills/wins than the 120+ in the titangaf group
Is it open? I wouldn't mind joining since the GAF ones seem quiet or inactive, at least when I'm on. I've just been using Giantbomb or Advocate because there are people in there most of the time.

Gator86

That British Dew site doesn't work anymore sadly. Stupid exclusive codes.

So I'm not crazy after all. :p

Is it open? I wouldn't mind joining since the GAF ones seem quiet or inactive, at least when I'm on. I've just been using Giantbomb or Advocate because there are people in there most of the time.

Haha yup, almost disappointed by the British codes. Really want that Ion green skin.

And yeah, you're not alone. People want things that lower the skill ceiling. Map hack let you know where everyone was so you didn't have to react quickly or play intelligently. Cloak does the inverse. It prevents people from seeing you so they react slower and you don't have to play as intelligently because you're fucking invisible. It's the natural progression. I have no clue what Respawn was doing during the playtesting to not catch this stuff. It's obvious it's broken.

What platform and game mode. A bad player is still bad with cloak. If they are getting 40 kills, they are definitely not bad. Mostly play attrition and rarely see more than 2 cloaked players on a team, On Ps4.

Gator86

What platform and game mode. A bad player is still bad with cloak. If they are getting 40 kills, they are definitely not bad. Mostly play attrition and rarely see more than 2 cloaked players on a team, On Ps4.

I'm on PS4 as well, mostly playing Attrition. It feels like about half the people are using it now. I've played some games where almost everyone on the other team had it though. I just mope around hunting bots until someone decides to call in a Titan because there is literally no one to fight. It takes all of the enjoyment out of the titan/pilot struggle when there are no pilots to fight.

kanuuna

Is the campaign in and on itself worth, say, 40€? Sony EU just e-mailed me a voucher for a 43% discount on the Standard Edition on PSN.
I don't imagine myself spending a lot of time with the multiplayer since the technical alpha / beta thing did absolutely nothing for me, but I hear people praising the single player - which is the sole reason I'm thinking of taking up this offer. I think I'd pick up Dishonored 2 on PC instead but the murmurs about performance are keeping me from spending the money on that instead.

Chris1

Is the campaign in and on itself worth, say, 40€? Sony EU just e-mailed me a voucher for a 43% discount on the Standard Edition on PSN.
I don't imagine myself spending a lot of time with the multiplayer since the technical alpha / beta thing did absolutely nothing for me, but I hear people praising the single player - which is the sole reason I'm thinking of taking up this offer. I think I'd pick up Dishonored 2 on PC instead but the murmurs about performance are keeping me from spending the money on that instead.

It's about 6-7 hours long on hard (play on this difficulty, its not hard) with very cool mechanics and amazing level design. I don't think you'd mind playing through it twice, even if to get all the pilot helmets so if ~12-14 hours is worth €40 for you then go for it.

kanuuna

It's about 6-7 hours long on hard (play on this difficulty, its not hard) with very cool mechanics and amazing level design. I don't think you'd mind playing through it twice, even if to get all the pilot helmets so if ~12-14 hours is worth €40 for you then go for it.

Do you unlock new difficulty levels after beating it the first time, or are there any other extras (besides the pilot helmets that you mentioned) to find in that component of the game?

6-7 hours doesn't sound absolutely terrible if it's as great as everyone makes it out to be.

I just got the game a few days ago and I've ONLY been playing Ronin because of all the shit talking it gets and he's so much fun to use. I've had this exact situation happen to me and it feels great.

I still do feel he needs some sort of buff. His sword core isn't all that useful I feel.

Having 3 dashes alongside a phase dash on a faster cooldown is fun though.

Gator86

I just got the game a few days ago and I've ONLY been playing Ronin because of all the shit talking it gets and he's so much fun to use. I've had this exact situation happen to me and it feels great.

I still do feel he needs some sort of buff. His sword core isn't all that useful I feel.

Sword Core is so bad. When I'm playing Ronin, I never even bother with it. It's basically a free execution for the other team.

Scorch is also hilariously, utterly impotent against anything at a higher elevation than himself. Pilots who aren't clueless just hop up on anything with even the smallest elevation and Scorch is done. I can't think of the last time a Scorch killed me at all.

I hope they have some tweaks for Scorch, Ronin, and Northstar still. They're mostly fine, but could use a little love. Bigger clip size for Ronin would be great.

Tone is still cheesy bullshit and I will laugh heartily when she catches adjustments.

yea i dont use sword core with ronin as well. i use it sometime when im out of shotgun rounds or need to move but outside of that nah its not very good. also doesnt help that everybody nuclear ejects when doomed which just makes melee/up close encounters worse

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Sword Core is so bad. When I'm playing Ronin, I never even bother with it. It's basically a free execution for the other team.

Scorch is also hilariously, utterly impotent against anything at a higher elevation than himself. Pilots who aren't clueless just hop up on anything with even the smallest elevation and Scorch is done. I can't think of the last time a Scorch killed me at all.

I hope they have some tweaks for Scorch, Ronin, and Northstar still. They're mostly fine, but could use a little love. Bigger clip size for Ronin would be great.

Tone is still cheesy bullshit and I will laugh heartily when she catches adjustments.

I thought he was immune to executions in sword core for awhile but it was just the janky melee saving my by having me bounce back, lol. It's so bad in that regard, it's good for escapes atleast since it's similiar to dash core from 1. Not surprised I see so many Ronin's have Nuke on when his core is basically suicide.

But yeah Ronin's clip size or reload speed should be changed. I have no idea why is clip is so small when his gun is so limitied compared to other titans, it doesn't have infinite range so he already can't goose, even when you flank a titan you barely mount an offense before his slow reload comes up and deflect just FEELS shitty to use with his kit since you can't multitask with it. If you're pinned down while deflecting you need to phase dash away just to reload, then flank all the way around again which, with the map design, can take awhile and just doesn't feel good.

Ronin can be really fun when the team is just oblivious but that isn't gonna happen too often.

i wanna say half my time in ronin is me running around an empty battlefield to try and flank the enemy. Playing ronin is why I hate crash site so much. I feel like he's trash on that map

Tosyn_88

I think it's mostly from people who don't understand how to use him. He's a bit slow for a supposedly fast titan but he's very lethal

Top Bottom