• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Gator86

I thought he was immune to executions in sword core for awhile but it was just the janky melee saving my by having me bounce back, lol. It's so bad in that regard, it's good for escapes atleast since it's similiar to dash core from 1. Not surprised I see so many Ronin's have Nuke on when his core is basically suicide.

But yeah Ronin's clip size or reload speed should be changed. I have no idea why is clip is so small when his gun is so limitied compared to other titans, it doesn't have infinite range so he already can't goose, even when you flank a titan you barely mount an offense before his slow reload comes up and deflect just FEELS shitty to use with his kit since you can't multitask with it. If you're pinned down while deflecting you need to phase dash away just to reload, then flank all the way around again which, with the map design, can take awhile and just doesn't feel good.

Ronin can be really fun when the team is just oblivious but that isn't gonna happen too often.

Yeah, you can absolutely dominate as Ronin, but it feels awful to execute a perfect flank, stun someone with arc, then unload into them for .4 seconds before you're out of ammo and fleeing for your life. You need at least sentient teammates to provide some semblance of a distraction.

Does the Arcwave actually stun or just slow them down a bit? If so, for how long? It never feels like I actually get it off or the stun is over almost instantly.

Sorry if this is off topic slightly but I'm getting a Pro later today and want to pick up either Titanfall 2 or Watch Dogs 2. Can anyone here with both games say which would be a better purchase right now?

deoee

Sorry if this is off topic slightly but I'm getting a Pro later today and want to pick up either Titanfall 2 or Watch Dogs 2. Can anyone here with both games say which would be a better purchase right now?

The people in here will def. tell you Titanfall 2.
Both games are totally different so... We don't know what your preferences are.

TF2 looks amazing on PS4 Pro, it has one of the best feels and campaign of any shooter to date (imo) and the multiplayer is addicting.

The people in here will def. tell you Titanfall 2.
Both games are totally different so... We don't know what your preferences are.

TF2 looks amazing on PS4 Pro, it has one of the best feels and campaign of any shooter to date (imo) and the multiplayer is addicting.

Yeah I feel to go with Titanfall 2, it's got the better overall reception plus I want to play a game that handles well mechanically. Open world games don't normally provide that.

How many hours is the campaign by the way?

E92 M3

Ok, cloak is too much. All the bad players have realized they can rack up kills by sitting back and cloaking. I'm seeing players go high k/d when they normally wouldn't.

This isn't fucking Titanfall. I can do the same shit, i can go 40+ kills in pilot v pilot every single time by going cloak.

This shit needs to be fixed now. I can't imagine the game surviving with this type of gameplay.

So much exaggeration bro. Pilot vs Pilot is not Titanfall and the game shouldn't be balanced around what happens there. I know you're good at the game, but that post is all hyperbole.

The last thing this game needs is nerfing that will ruin other people's fun. We need more updates and game features. Camping is so irrelevant outside of PvP (which most people don't play).

Gator86

Does the Arcwave actually stun or just slow them down a bit? If so, for how long? It never feels like I actually get it off or the stun is over almost instantly.

If you walk up behind someone and arc them in the back, you have the weekend to shoot them. Some people will dash away, but legions will always fucking slooooooowly rotate to try and keep shooting. Just strafe the other direction and keep unloading. The two arc perks seems mandatory. It's kind of disappointing, but most of the perks in the game have one good option and then total trash.

deoee

I feel like all Anti Titan weapons despite the MLG are useless.

The MLG is just so fast melting Titans IF you are in range.
You can also kind of keep shooting into fog and "around" corners because the grenades are magnetic.

KodaRuss

You can also kind of keep shooting into fog and "around" corners because the grenades are magnetic.

I honestly feel like they do too much damage. You can seriously melt a Titan very quickly with that gun.

deoee

I honestly feel like they do too much damage. You can seriously melt a Titan very quickly with that gun.

Most Titan-Pilots react accordingly so I barely have time to shoot more than one magazine.
I don't know - I feel like the damage is okay, because the weapon reloads AGES and has like 4(or 6??) shots only.
The range makes it kinda hard to use too.

Chris1

Do you unlock new difficulty levels after beating it the first time, or are there any other extras (besides the pilot helmets that you mentioned) to find in that component of the game?

6-7 hours doesn't sound absolutely terrible if it's as great as everyone makes it out to be.
Nah it's just pilot helms and no extra difficulty. There is a master difficulty unlocked from the beginning which gives you an achievement but that's it really, Master is really hard. It will probably take about 8-9+ hours on Master.

I only said to play on Hard cause most people jump straight into the default which is normal, which is far too easy. But if you want to go balls in there's Master difficulty

KodaRuss

Most Titan-Pilots react accordingly so I barely have time to shoot more than one magazine.
I don't know - I feel like the damage is okay, because the weapon reloads AGES and has like 4(or 6??) shots only.
The range makes it kinda hard to use too.

I think this would be instance where cloak makes a huge difference taking out a titan with the MLG. If you arent looking right at them when they are shooting it will take a bit to find them.

AEREC

Im kinda luke warm on the SP...but I finally played MP last night after owning the game for 2 weeks and it was great. Such a fun MP game.

Anyone else think the multiplayer mode select screen is a bit awkward? They should really make it just ONE page. Maybe they can also have different playlists? Split the mixtape up maybe?

Does anyone know if queueing for mixtape just puts you together with people queueing for mixtape? I feel like that would just split the player base for no reason.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone else think the multiplayer mode select screen is a bit awkward? They should really make it just ONE page. Maybe they can also have different playlists? Split the mixtape up maybe?

Does anyone know if queueing for mixtape just puts you together with people queueing for mixtape? I feel like that would just split the player base for no reason.
I assume it dumps you into queues for the other games, since the max for mix tape is 5 because of LTS.

SwolBro

Banned
What platform and game mode. A bad player is still bad with cloak. If they are getting 40 kills, they are definitely not bad. Mostly play attrition and rarely see more than 2 cloaked players on a team, On Ps4.

Not true. A bad "titanfall" player can be good at pilot v pilot COD style by just equipping cloak. A good player with cloak just runs the fucking table.

It's annoying because it's not Titanfall. You shouldn't succeed in this game by sitting back cloaked shooting people across the map.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I do hope new/bad players don't get deterred from giving the MP a shot. I don't think I'm all that good either, but even when I end up at the bottom, I still end up having a ton of fun.

Yep. I mean, I get to play with and against newbie players (I gather they're new due to their player patch) that score like 20 or less in one entire match of Attrition. I get annoyed since I score 100+ and we still lose, but I try to understand that doing that poorly must not be that enjoyable for them.

Couldn't be more true. When im doing poorly in BF1 , i want to shut my ps4 down. In TF2, it's always "One more game"

Yep, I agree. I usually rage a lot when it comes to BF games since some dipshit always doesn't give ammo, meds, etc. Like, sometimes I feel they do it intentionally just to be an ass. In TF2, even if we get stomped, at least I have fun and I find that my rage is kept mostly in check.

Sent a request in for another TF2 interview with Respawn. Hope EA PR plays nice. :D

Dubz

Not true. A bad "titanfall" player can be good at pilot v pilot COD style by just equipping cloak. A good player with cloak just runs the fucking table.

It's annoying because it's not Titanfall. You shouldn't succeed in this game by sitting back cloaked shooting people across the map.
Pilot vs Pilot is not Titanfall.

Gator86

It's those huge, fast shots, isn't it? I believe someone earlier in this thread described them as school buses. It's like easy mode coming from Northstar's slow, no splash shots.

Yup, I've definitely used the school bus phrasing. Tone is the Hanzo of this game. Fuck aiming. Curving shots with large aoe and lock on negates the need for that type of shit.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I know I should be using Tone before its nerfed, but I'm having a blast playing Scorch lately. It's so much fun trapping them and melting them to death with your shield.

I love them all . Having a lot of fun with thunderbolt atm

SwolBro

Banned
Pilot vs Pilot is not Titanfall.

but it can be. considering CTF on console is mainly pilot v pilot now with no bots and barely (if at all) titans there's no reason pilot v pilot can't be more like true Titanfall gameplay.

at the end of the day the number 1 factor holding this game back are the maps but cloak needs to be fucking adjusted. it's far too powerful especially with the maps being like this.

i know i defended the "clear lanes" map design philosophy because i thought maybe they'd just be more like the somewhat lane maps from the first game but they're not. They're straight up COD type bottleneck bullshit. it's dreadful. games start out with two teams meeting at the center and just gunning it out behind shit. sigh.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just got through playing some of this on my Pro as finally got around to installing the new HD and transferring the data. Must say that the game does look insanely good and runs great.

Do fully understand now what Titanfall fans mean by saying how original the movement mechanics felt as all the wall running and other stuff flow so well together and easy to do its fantastic. Really does add to the experience a lot.

Great game, a shame it got sandwiched between 2 other titles. D:

E92 M3

but it can be. considering CTF on console is mainly pilot v pilot now with no bots and barely (if at all) titans there's no reason pilot v pilot can't be more like true Titanfall gameplay.

at the end of the day the number 1 factor holding this game back are the maps but cloak needs to be fucking adjusted. it's far too powerful especially with the maps being like this.

i know i defended the "clear lanes" map design philosophy because i thought maybe they'd just be more like the somewhat lane maps from the first game but they're not. They're straight up COD type bottleneck bullshit. it's dreadful. games start out with two teams meeting at the center and just gunning it out behind shit. sigh.

Cloak is fine, it's just being a nuisance to you and you're taking it out here. We've all been frustrated before, but let's not get an ability people like ruined.

What I miss about the old days is that games came out and people got used to it. Halo CE would have had the pistol nerfed so fast in today's environment. Something has to be legitimately broken for me to ask for nerfs. In general, I just get used to whatever I have to and figure out ways to succeed.

inthrall

My suggestion for a Tone nerf would be forcing the projectiles to only crit when the bullet hits the critical spot, instead of the explosion counting as well. Crits feel too plentiful when I shoot without ADSing, and I suspect this is a factor

Cloak is annoying, but I can still see them when using smart pistol so *shrug*. I wouldn't mind a cloak nerf when they are taking fire, its very easy to lose sight of a cloaked player mid-fight when using some of the midrange weapons. Duration is fine for the most part imo, but I suspect I'm in the minority with this opinion

Is the Electric Smoke grenade the worst one? It seems very hard to use well in its current state, and in 90% of cases I'd rather be Firestar'ing a titan

SwolBro

Banned
Cloak is fine, it's just being a nuisance to you and you're taking it out here. We've all been frustrated before, but let's not get an ability people like ruined.

What I miss about the old days is that games came out and people got used to it. Halo CE would have had the pistol nerfed so fast in today's environment. Something has to be legitimately broken for me to ask for nerfs. In general, I just get used to whatever I have to and figure out ways to succeed.

are you playing a lot of pilot v pilot? it's starting to become half the tacticals people are using.

that's fucking absurd. it has nothing to do with it being a nuisance

E92 M3

are you playing a lot of pilot v pilot? it's starting to become half the tacticals people are using.

No, I only play Attrition solo lol.

Bungie nerfed popular weapons/abilities too. And Destiny PVP is in a shitty state now. PVP is a different beast compared to normal Titanfalll - it's inherently slower and campier.

Gator86

Basically. It's the same shit as map hack. Honestly, I don't think anyone even equips it for dealing with titans, its intended purpose. People use it to try and get easy pilot kills because they're struggling to keep up otherwise. Not only does it dumb down the game, it makes it more boring.

so leveling... how is everyone doing it? I just level random crap randomly. Still have not found my weapon of choice. I do know that I have more fun with the stupid grappling hook than cloak.

Forever a newb.

inthrall

I just can't get down with the volt. Feels weird for me lol.

I was the same until I unlocked sprint run + faster ADS, it completely transformed the weapon for me. You can approach any firefight while wallrunning and get the kill faster than someone on the ground, while still having long range encounters covered with ADS

Dez_

I just can't get down with the volt. Feels weird for me lol.

Oddly enough, I find the weapon to be much more reliable shooting from the hip than I do ADS. The shots pretty much shoot on the dot. You can get pretty long range against people like this.

E92 M3

so leveling... how is everyone doing it? I just level random crap randomly. Still have not found my weapon of choice. I do know that I have more fun with the stupid grappling hook than cloak.

Forever a newb.

Just play with what you like and level that ;)

Oddly enough, I find the weapon to be much more reliable shooting from the hip than I do ADS. The shots pretty much shoot on the dot. You can get pretty long range against people like this.

Oh yeah, SMGS are definitely meant for hipfire, but the gun just feels weird to me. Don't like how it shoots haha. Sometimes my tastes are very peculiar.

I was the same until I unlocked sprint run + faster ADS, it completely transformed the weapon for me. You can approach any firefight while wallrunning and get the kill faster than someone on the ground, while still having long range encounters covered with ADS

But the tactikill though! :p

I just had my first game where I "got" how to use the Volt and it's beautiful.

Try it until level 5 (if you're past that then disregard!)

Gave it 2 hours of game time. For the SMGs I am now all Alternator lol.

Top Bottom