• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I apologize if this has been covered, but which platform has the largest online community? I'm almost inclined to get for Xbox now and play the single player on the PC later.

I apologize if this has been covered, but which platform has the largest online community? I'm almost inclined to get for Xbox now and play the single player on the PC later.

I honestly suggest playing the SP first. It's a great way to learn how to play TF and it also gets you pumped about getting into the MP

Xbox has a larger community right now.

I would like it if you came to PC as it's the better version if you can run it all bells and whistles switched on.

I honestly suggest playing the SP first. It's a great way to learn how to play TF and it also gets you pumped about getting into the MP

This is really true - it also informs you about the different Titans and pilot abilities in MP. Oh yeah and weapons. It's a genius campaign in that way - pick up all kinds of weapons, you'll know what you want to go for in MP when you start.

rezn0r

Just beat the campaign, holy shit at many awesome parts keep getting thrown at you. Of course I wish it was longer but whatever, surprise of the year for me. Make more of it!!!!!

Gator86

Part of me is okay with this game bombing solely because of Reapers with collision detection in attrition. Holy goddamn, indescribably frustrating. Reapers, crash site, and nuclear ejection is a solid combination to make someone never want to turn on this game ever again.

Cake Boss

Banned
I had 48 mignion kills and 21 kills with 4 Titan kills in attrition, we still lost. 😢

This game, you can't be a one man army in order to get a win. Your team will 95% of the time shit the boat in order for you to lose.

I need more maps, and I need my stats page pronto! Pleeeeeeaaassseeee

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I had 48 mignion kills and 21 kills with 4 Titan kills in attrition, we still lost. 😢

This game, you can't be a one man army in order to get a win. Your team will 95% of the time shit the boat in order for you to lose.

I need more maps, and I need my stats page pronto! Pleeeeeeaaassseeee

I had a similar game earlier, not as good, but it sucks when you're playing so well then hear "it's close, we can still win this", and look up at the scoreboard like wtf are you guys doing?!

Cake Boss

Banned
I had a similar game earlier, not as good, but it sucks when you're playing so well then hear "it's close, we can still win this", and look up at the scoreboard like wtf are you guys doing?!

You send me an invite next time your on!! 😡

Mr appear offline 😒

I had 48 mignion kills

fillet-mignon-with-garlic-butter-wi-2.jpg

its true, theyre just meat..

Every game I play in pilot vs. pilot there's that one asshole that offsets my awesome game and goes 1 and 15. I find myself yelling at the screen "how?! Just how? Are you a potato?". Fun times

joecanada

That feeling when you the only one to make it to the evac ship.

Barely made it haha

Speaking of I assume the epilogue is for extra rank but I wish there was a quick playlist without it. After the first 20 games I couldn't care less about evac or the entire sequence....

Vanadium

On the road until Saturday night. Already missing that
crackle of the thrusters before Ronin hits the ground.

It's not even a spoiler. I just want to feel cool for
redacting
half the sentence.

Bought the game and fired it up tonight. Dear god is the multiplayer overwhelming. I feel likw there is way too much going on. Is there a beginner mode of some sort?

Bought the game and fired it up tonight. Dear god is the multiplayer overwhelming. I feel likw there is way too much going on. Is there a beginner mode of some sort?
Try campaign first. Not only is it pretty good, but I felt like I had a good feel for the game after.

I played the open beta for multi and it didn't really click, but felt a lot better about it after campaign.

RedFury

I recommend attrition and just shoot stuff and get used to the movement and mechanics (you should play with the mechanics in campaign). It's pretty jarring at first but once you get the hang of the fluidity every other shooter feels like molasses and just feels "off". You've been warned.

Try campaign first. Not only is it pretty good, but I felt like I had a good feel for the game after.

I played the open beta for multi and it didn't really click, but felt a lot better about it after campaign.

I love the style and the movement. I just feel a bit like a kitten thrown into the deep end of a pool. :) Will play the campaign. :)

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Man, I thought I'd be competitive since I managed to get top 3 in the gauntlet. Lol

I see a lot of "camping", like it's not this hyperkinetic thing I'm trying to pull off.

Any skilled videos in here to take note from?

SwolBro

Banned
Every game I play in pilot vs. pilot there's that one asshole that offsets my awesome game and goes 1 and 15. I find myself yelling at the screen "how?! Just how? Are you a potato?". Fun times

Potato Pilots are a thing.

Man, I thought I'd be competitive since I managed to get top 3 in the gauntlet. Lol

I see a lot of "camping", like it's not this hyperkinetic thing I'm trying to pull off.

Any skilled videos in here to take note from?

put your skills to use, play CTF.

RedFury

I love the style and the movement. I just feel a bit like a kitten thrown into the deep end of a pool. :) Will play the campaign. :)
Yeah I know what you mean. If you play Overwatch titans are very much like that. They each have their own skill set and a niche they fill. Play them like they weren't intended to and your going to have a bad time. Choose an equipment that suits your playstyle and a weapon that feels comfortable. Also don't run off of every surface just because you can. It's an addition dimension you have to work with but like any other you don't want to be in open lanes.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
so leveling... how is everyone doing it?

I went default Assault Rifle to accessory max level (like 9), then started shotguns, now doing Snipers.

In addition to doing the Pistols (Wingman suuuuuuuucks), and the anti weapons.

Though today I've noticed that farming bots apparently doesn't give weapon EXP? Bug or something because AFAIK the challenges count them as enemies and I've leveled up like quite a few weapons in the past that method. So I dunno what is going on there, but having to kill actual players with the Wingman suuuuuucked.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Potato Pilots are a thing.

put your skills to use, play CTF.

That'd still get me killed. Lol

I'm not useless, I just feel I'm not "getting it" quite yet.

The game flow and the strategies with the tacticals, boosts, Titans.

This game requires a lot of thought for a shooter.

No overpowered abilities anywhere.

The game definitely felt overwhelming at first. Like there's just a lot on the screen going on, making it hard to know what your priority is. It just takes time. Playing a variety of modes helped because they are different enough to make you focus on their objectives.

Argonomic

I've found that a good way to "ease in" is to play Amped Hard Point and focus on defending a point (keeping it amped). This is a good way to start in the shallow end of the pool while still contributing.

Gator86

Holy shit, the last few games have been frustrating as hell. People are just mobbing my Titan. Like two Titans and 2 or 3 pilots every time my dome drops. Not a single teammate to be found despite the fact I have 4 people on me. Potato pilots indeed.

getbuff

Neo Member
After playing MP for a few more hours tonight, the sad reality is that I'm more frustrated than entertained. It's only now that I can put my finger on why it's enraging me so badly.

1. Time to kill is WAY WAY WAY too short. Two good body shots with a rifle is a kill. The result is no tension, no dramatic turnarounds made possible by quick thinking and mobility, just death after unsatisfying death. I find that with such a short TTK, good gun skills aren't as necessary or rewarded.

2. Weapon ranges are WAY WAY WAY too long. Most engagements are happening at super long distances because the maps need to accommodate titans, which means there's no short/medium/long game, only "long." By the time an enemy is on your radar, you're already dead, so that many of your deaths seem to come out of bloody nowhere the second you're exposed.

What's result? Instead of using the fast-mobility parkour mechanics, I'm instead huddling in windows and behind over because I know the second I step out into the open I'm going to be instantly shot dead because gambling on a lack of cover is punished so fiercely.

I've played hundreds of hours of the crucible/trials of osiris in Destiny in the last year, and it's set my expectations for strategic FPS combat extremely high. Compared to Titanfall, Destiny's PVP experience feels EXTREMELY nuanced, tense and dramatic.

I'm just not having fun, but the game is an obvious technical achievement. Am I alone here?

KodaRuss

After playing MP for a few more hours tonight, the sad reality is that I'm more frustrated than entertained. It's only now that I can put my finger on why it's enraging me so badly.

1. Time to kill is WAY WAY WAY too short. Two good body shots with a rifle is a kill. The result is no tension, no dramatic turnarounds made possible by quick thinking and mobility, just death after unsatisfying death. I find that with such a short TTK, good gun skills aren't as necessary or rewarded.

2. Weapon ranges are WAY WAY WAY too long. Most engagements are happening at super long distances because the maps need to accommodate titans, which means there's no short/medium/long game, only "long." By the time an enemy is on your radar, you're already dead, so that many of your deaths seem to come out of bloody nowhere the second you're exposed.

What's result? Instead of using the fast-mobility parkour mechanics, I'm instead huddling in windows and behind over because I know the second I step out into the open I'm going to be instantly shot dead because gambling on a lack of cover is punished so fiercely.

I've played hundreds of hours of the crucible/trials of osiris in Destiny in the last year, and it's set my expectations for strategic FPS combat extremely high. Compared to Titanfall, Destiny's PVP experience feels EXTREMELY nuanced, tense and dramatic.

I'm just not having fun, but the game is an obvious technical achievement. Am I alone here?

Having also played a lot of Destiny I would say this is a better experience for me. Destiny pvp had a lot of problems with balance over the years where I think Titanfall 2 is a couple tweaks away from being perfect.

BiGBoSSMk23

Destiny is a kiddie pool compared to Titanfall's water polo.

The pacing is dictated by end-all-be-all "Supers" that require little skill or thought.

Just because you've got an over shield and a spongy health bar doesn't mean there's tension. It just means you're a bullet sponge. Destiny is slow and dumb, not nuanced and dramatic. Lol

KodaRuss

Destiny is a kiddie pool compared to Titanfall's water polo.

The pacing is dictated by end-all-be-all "Supers" that require little skill or thought.

Just because you've got an over shield and a spongy health bar doesn't mean there's tension. It just means you're a bullet sponge. Destiny is slow and dumb, not nuanced and dramatic. Lol

Like he said, Supers kinda ruin the Destiny pvp for me a lot. I still cant believe they let Titan hammers go as long as they did. It was clear from day 1 they were grossly overpowered.

If Iron Banner and Trials were not a thing I would have barely touched the PVP and I doubt I am alone in that.

You should probably also play Destiny's superior grandfather called Halo for strategic FPS combat. Destiny's pvp is a mess with bullet sponge damage, terrible netcode (p2p lol) and a broken weapon balance that swings week by week because Bungie sure like nerfing your best thing. Also are you prepared for the RNGesus bless gods with a god roll clever dragon?

Gator86

Finally joined the rest of the class: crash site and complex are irredemable shit and should be removed from the game. So fucking tired of being trapped in tight hallways full of idiotic debris blocking the way and Reapers trying to crawl up my ass. I died half a dozen times in seconds on complex. Every time I'd take one step then die immediately. Just abominable.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just can't get down with the volt. Feels weird for me lol.
On the one hand, Volt is basically over powered as shit and is the best gun in the game. On the other hand, I hate using it because I'm so used to how the rifles shoot. Go figure.

Finally joined the rest of the class: crash site and complex are irredemable shit and should be removed from the game. So fucking tired of being trapped in tight hallways full of idiotic debris blocking the way and Reapers trying to crawl up my ass. I died half a dozen times in seconds on complex. Every time I'd take one step then die immediately. Just abominable.
I feel like Complex at least has some viable flanking routes that don't involve going around the entire map. Crash Site is just a murder fest, particularly if one team gains map control.

Like he said, Supers kinda ruin the Destiny pvp for me a lot. I still cant believe they let Titan hammers go as long as they did. It was clear from day 1 they were grossly overpowered.

If Iron Banner and Trials were not a thing I would have barely touched the PVP and I doubt I am alone in that.
The one thing I can remember about Destiny PVP, of which I played a lot because of Iron Banner and dumb things like the Thorn bounty, is - Fuck Blade Dancers.
(Funny enough, the Hunter cloak is less cheap than the cloak in this game. :p)

Top Bottom