• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

I can get a game in under 15 seconds on Xbox - zero population concerns. Titanfall 2 is one of the best shooters of the year.

Ghazi

I just realized how cluttered the HUD can be, I mean look at this mess!

I definitely have to to turn some shit off in the options.

I have all that and subtitles turned off, the first game had much better accolade text and always made sure the screen was clear.

KodaRuss

Well too bad it was pushed back but glad they are going to talk about upcoming DLC. I am sure they have been hard at work. It would not surprise me if they have taken a lot of the Siege comparisons to heart that supporting the game for a while will be well rewarded with sales and (likely) non-gameplay affecting microtransactions.

KodaRuss

I can get a game in under 15 seconds on Xbox - zero population concerns. Titanfall 2 is one of the best shooters of the year.

For all of the questions about population I have never had an issue getting in any gamemode on PS4 yet. It is leagues faster than Siege which only has 2 game modes that are basically the same.

How frequent?

Cant speak to PSPro, but this happened in Halo 5 anytime somebody dropped from the match in Halo 5's DIDO modes. Maybe a similar issue?

Twice in a game of Attrition.

Didn't happen all day yesterday, It was my first time playing and I finished maybe 20 games, but today its happened twice in 2 games :(

E92 M3

I'm in a bit of a bind about buying this or Overwatch. Can someone in this topic sell me on Titanfall 2?

Space ninjas with robots. It's an extremely fun shooter where player creativity can lead to many different styles. Respawn worries about "Fun" before anything else and love the community a lot. Also, it's a lot faster than Overwatch.

What does your FPS career look like?

Keihart

soooo ...biggest deposit i've made in bounty hunt...over 1k, it won the round, there was even cash left once the match ended lol.

I'm in a bit of a bind about buying this or Overwatch. Can someone in this topic sell me on Titanfall 2?

Depends entirely on what types of shooters you like, what your experience with the genre is, how much single-player means to you, etc.

Honestly, you cant go wrong with either. Theyre both brilliant.

ghostwich

Depends entirely on what types of shooters you like, what your experience with the genre is, how much single-player means to you, etc.

Honestly, you cant go wrong with either. Theyre both brilliant.

I'm willing to bet Blizzard will support Overwatch for much longer than Respawn does Titanfall 2. There's monetization already built-in with the loot boxes.

You see fine work, I see some dipshit who made some leading question survey and is trying to represent Reddit-think as the be-all and end-all of how Titanfall should be balanced. Haven't seen polling data this useless since POTUS2016.

I mean, yes, there is a measure of self selection bias introduced by polling members of one message board.

But looking at the survey he posted, few of the questions were particularly leading and 1300+ responses is a significant sample.

I dont have any huge problems with it.

I can't believe people think camping is an issue in anything but pvp. This is the least amount of camping I've seen in any fps. High ttk would make it impossible to kill good players. Good players as already go 30/0 and it is not hard to escape most situations by using your movement options in combination with your tactical or ordinance. As a north star player she could use a buff to flight core but that's it. Also, Robin is hard to master but godlike in the hands of a player that has taken the time to learn him. Swordcore or may size/reload could maybe use a buff

I can't believe people think camping is an issue in anything but pvp. This is the least amount of camping I've seen in any fps. High ttk would make it impossible to kill good players. Good players as already go 30/0 and it is not hard to escape most situations by using your movement options in combination with your tactical or ordinance. As a north star player she could use a buff to flight core but that's it. Also, Robin is hard to master but godlike in the hands of a player that has taken the time to learn him. Swordcore or may size/reload could maybe use a buff

Camping in the traditional sense isnt an issue. Between the kill cam and the TTK, you cant just plant your ass in one place and wait for people to cross your path. You'll get killed quick, either by way of revenge or by wsh of team communication.

There is an issue with cloaked snipers camping an 'area' where they shoot and then reposition relatively close by. Its irritating, but not broken. Generally speaking, the opportunity cost of not seeking out engagement or even bots, will decrease their impact as far as both score and titan drops, ultimately weaking the teams ability to win.

You see fine work, I see some dipshit who made some leading question survey and is trying to represent Reddit-think as the be-all and end-all of how Titanfall should be balanced. Haven't seen polling data this useless since POTUS2016.
Uuugh, respawn, don't listen to reddit. They all team stack tone. Also regen shields are poo battery system is great. If you want to spawn with battery use the friggen boost

iddqd

This.
There some points in there that I would like them to try (The Rocket league thing and the bonus for mixtape) but there is a lot of garbage I see that keeps on coming up from people that can't deal with the Titanfall 1 / Titanfall 2 difference.

Yes, you love T1 and yes T2 is different but not everything is worse because its different.

I saw all of this happening with Quake 1, Quake 2 and Quake 3.
Everyone that was good at/into Q1 kept talking shit about Q2.
And then again when Q3 came out.

Space ninjas with robots. It's an extremely fun shooter where player creativity can lead to many different styles. Respawn worries about "Fun" before anything else and love the community a lot. Also, it's a lot faster than Overwatch.

What does your FPS career look like?

I've played a lot of Battlefield. I also played the shit out of the original Titanfall, but I've heard bad things about the maps and the TTK in Titanfall 2, as well as things like overuse of map hacking skills.

Camping in the traditional sense isnt an issue. Between the kill cam and the TTK, you cant just plant your ass in one place and wait for people to cross your path. You'll get killed quick, either by way of revenge or by wsh of team communication.

There is an issue with cloaked snipers camping an 'area' where they shoot and then reposition relatively close by. Its irritating, but not broken. Generally speaking, the opportunity cost of not seeking out engagement or even bots, will decrease their impact as far as both score and titan drops, ultimately weaking the teams ability to win.
I agree. I'm glad cloak helps snipers cause they need it. It's a play style people enjoy so removing it would be detrimental to their fun. It isn't usually an issue though and they don't dominate the scoreboard or anything. When I see them I make it my mission to take them out just like I make it my mission to steal and gift as many batteries as I can

KingV

I'm starting to get 1 second freezes while playing multiplayer on PS4 Pro.

It's so damn annoying, anyone else?

I've seen this too on regular PS4, but fairly infrequently. I've always chalked it up to lag. It's most noticeable when someone is flinging through the air and then jump past your crosshairs or hang up for a second.

Xbox has a larger community right now.

I would like it if you came to PC as it's the better version if you can run it all bells and whistles switched on.

I'll probably get it on the Xbox for now. I have a great PC, but I use it in a "comfy couch" kind of way (i.e., with an Xbox controller) and would get my ass handed to me on a silver platter by the keyboard and mouse crowd.

I really wish that the Xbox Play Anywhere thing worked for all titles (or simply the big titles). I love doing my multiplayer stuff on the console and then heading over to the PC to enjoy the single player on ultra settings (as with Gears).

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Man I'm not having fun. :(

I thought this would be my comeback to competitive FPS since COD4, but I'm overwhelmed.

Mainly playing Attrition. I've got quick enough reflexes to make some kill streaks but I haven't settled into a groove yet where I'm truly Zen/in the zone.

I keep switching between slow paced Sonar Knife with Hemlock to crazy ninja shit Grapple with Alternator.

Haven't unlocked anything but ticks and amped weapons so I default to amp.

Sometimes I feel like engaging Titans is useless and a quick way to get shot at, so I don't even bother equipping anti Titan.

I feel like I'm missing the point of the game.

I've played a lot of Battlefield. I also played the shit out of the original Titanfall, but I've heard bad things about the maps and the TTK in Titanfall 2, as well as things like overuse of map hacking skills.
Don't listen to it and go in with an open mind. Map hack isn't an issue and neither is ttk. when you get used to it, it feels perfect. Half the maps are pretty great and half are OK. A few don't lend themselves to LTS. Most of the complainers want this game to be halo or TF1. If you give it time and learn the different systems and titans, you will find goty material. At the current price, it's a no brained the so is worth it, alone

KingV

No one uses map hack anymore. They nerfed it pretty hard and while it's not useless, i don't see it in most matches anymore.

The maps are not as good as R1, but there are only two that I think are out right bad. But they're not bad enough that I quit out of matches in them or anything.

It definitely needs more maps though. I'm not sure if TtK is actually shorter than R1. People say it is, but it was short in R1 too. And frankly, I am still able to change course and run away at distance.

deoee

I thought this would be my comeback to competitive FPS since COD4, but I'm overwhelmed.

Mainly playing Attrition. I've got quick enough reflexes to make some kill streaks but I haven't settled into a groove yet where I'm truly Zen/in the zone.

I keep switching between slow paced Sonar Knife with Hemlock to crazy ninja shit Grapple with Alternator.

Sometimes I feel like engaging Titans is useless and a quick way to get shot at, so I don't even bother equipping anti Titan.

You need to find your Pilot and your weapon.
I use the MLG and several SMGs. Was going Stim first and switched to Phase Shift later on.

It clicks really hard after that IMO.

E92 M3

Uuugh, respawn, don't listen to reddit. They all team stack tone. Also regen shields are poo battery system is great. If you want to spawn with battery use the friggen boost

Hopefully, Respawn looks at everything because so many people love the game as it is. No major tweaks are needed. It's one of the reasons I am nervous about the update on Tuesday.

Funn enough, I don't recall Titanfall 1 getting any major weapon changes. It was great.

Titanfall 2 is very good. The TTK is perfect and map hacking abilities are truly a non-issue unless you sit in corners for the whole match.

Keihart

Use the grenade launcher anti titan weapon, dealing consistent damage to enemy titans builds your boost and titan meter fast. I usually play with Volt plus phaseshift, i really like to wall run and stuff heh

2. Weapon ranges are WAY WAY WAY too long. Most engagements are happening at super long distances because the maps need to accommodate titans, which means there's no short/medium/long game, only "long." By the time an enemy is on your radar, you're already dead, so that many of your deaths seem to come out of bloody nowhere the second you're exposed.
I always see a good mix of engagement ranges, depending upon the map and how much I stay on the move. Its long range battles for firing to and from rooftops, close range battles indoors or in cramped areas, and medium range battles for everything else. If you're only seeing long range fights, that's because your playstyle is keeping you at range.

Now you're right that crossing open areas is dangerous for pilots, and purposefully so, but mobility and trickery are your keys to survival. Instead of running across an open area, start a wall-run and jump across that open area and land into a slide, pop cloak or stim, blend in with grunts before breaking away, or use a mix of all of the above. Don't be predictable, don't be slow, and try to minimize your exposure as much as possible.

Unlock more and experiment you will eventually find something that works. Engaging titans is key to building your own Titan and really helps out the team/build score. A good bunch of pilots hitting titans can do serious damage and are really annoying.

Argonomic

I listen everywhere. Discounting for environment is not too hard. The harder part is listening to the people that don't talk/post/play.

E92 M3

I listen everywhere. Discounting for environment is not too hard. The harder part is listening to the people that don't talk/post/play.

Good to hear. Sometimes the loudest complaining isn't actually justified.

We just need a couple buffs and everything will be good, imo.

deoee

I just love how you "guys" casually drop a comment :D
And that you have no Avatar at all makes it so, that I have to look again who posted

ghostwich

Squeaky wheels get the grease, that's the saying right?

On the other hand, where would the feedback come from for those that don't post or aren't as verbal? SqEnix has been sending out tons of surveys for Hitman, and I'm not sure how successful that has been (i.e. their response rate, engagement, etc.).

Not trying to start something just playing Devil's Advocate.

KodaRuss

I mean, yes, there is a measure of self selection bias introduced by polling members of one message board.

But looking at the survey he posted, few of the questions were particularly leading and 1300+ responses is a significant sample.

I dont have any huge problems with it.

I submitted a response to the poll and read the results earlier today.

A lot of the questions were horrible, causing a lot of the information to be tainted in my opinion. I hope Respawn doesnt take it all to heart and make sweeping changes right away. I think there is some decent info in there but a lot is not. If Respawn wants this information they should do a poll themselves.

KingV

Amped weapons is pretty good, but IMO, the best is the spare battery. Getting a bigger titan health bar is huge.

Attacking titans is a great way to earn meter. It doesn't do a ton of damage, and is suicide 1 on 1 in open ground, but can get you your titan pretty quickly if you are tying them up by ducking in and out of buildings. Stealing the battery is a rush and builds up a ton of meter very quickly.

Choice of tactical is a personal choice, they are almost all viable. I usually use sonar knife because 1) it helps out my teammates too and 2) I like to use it to plan an approach on someone camping a rooftop. 3) when you kill someone with it from across the map on accident it's awesome.

But I will play with cloak or stim sometimes too. Stim is really fun mixed with the silent steps to steal batteries.

Top Bottom