• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I listen everywhere. Discounting for environment is not too hard. The harder part is listening to the people that don't talk/post/play.
I was joking, kind of. Lol. Thanks for listening guys, you have a great game and balancing anything can't be an easy job. The good thing about their survey was that a lot of big things were around 50% and a lot seem to be knee jerk. When you learn the systems, nothing is terribly op. Balance is surprisingly great from the get go but small tweaks and adjustments are always great when done right. Thanks again, TF2 is my goty and many others' here as well

E92 M3

I was joking, kind of. Lol. Thanks for listening guys, you have a great game and balancing anything can't be an easy job. The good thing about their survey was that a lot of big things were around 50% and a lot seem to be knee jerk. When you learn the systems, nothing is terribly op. Balance is surprisingly great from the get go but small tweaks and adjustments are always great when done right. Thanks again, TF2 is my body and many others' here as well

The key is SMALL tweaks lol. Gawd forbid they pull a Bungie on us (they never will lol).

Keihart

Oh man, killing pilots while you have a fat stack of cash on you makes you feel like Captain Clutch.

giphy.gif

Full video here

Edit: I have no idea why, but the share video on my PS4 is missing some seconds on that recording...the first kill with the smart pistol looks edited because of it, never seen this happening before.

E92 M3

giphy.gif

Full video here

Edit: I have no idea why, but the share video on my PS4 is missing some seconds on that recording...the first kill with the smart pistol looks edited because of it, never seen this happening before.

Interesting, in the tech test the limit was 1k.

I use dice roll now, but the only one I don't see a point in is the phase rewind. It just seems so situational.

Very situational, but just another toy for people to play with I guess.

Keihart

I use dice roll now, but the only one I don't see a point in is the phase rewind. It just seems so situational.

i wanted to use phase rewind but its too slow, i though it would be as Glitch from BLOPS 3, which was a pretty cool thing to do when you know you are being chased or that you just fucked up your positioning.

Kalentan

Shall be playing this today. Only took Target over a week and a replacement order to get it to me... >.>

I half expected it to arrive and be the wrong version.

Dez_

I can't seem to find a use for phase rewind. It feels like activating it comes out too slow, though I can see it being useful on objective games to throw yourself into the fray and rewind back as a means of scoping out the situation, but it was something that I used in Black Ops 3 for one of the characters. The ability came out instantaneously, which is what I feel would make this ability more beneficial.

Hit gen 3, going back to my classic tried and true R201 and Car for effectiveness. After all this time playing the game, the one thing I still don't really get is how the auto aim of the melee works. I've been far too used to other games that have a generous amount of lunge and sticky aim, so in this case, I tend to whiff my melees far too often and it is frustrating when it happens. Other times, I can pull off the lunge and make the kill. For whatever reason, it feels like jump kicks are more effective.

Mupod

they need to patch in the option to throw your dosh into the bounty bank as a visible wad of money, like Killing Floor.

kevin1025

Banned
Just got the game on PC from the Origin sale with the TITAN20 coupon code added on, such a great price. I am way too excited for tonight!

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
What's the Xbox one population like for this game?

I think it's the healthiest out of the three, so you're good if you want to pick it up.

Well too bad it was pushed back but glad they are going to talk about upcoming DLC. I am sure they have been hard at work. It would not surprise me if they have taken a lot of the Siege comparisons to heart that supporting the game for a while will be well rewarded with sales and (likely) non-gameplay affecting microtransactions.

Yep, the microtransaction stuff will most likely be skins, camos, etc. Nothing that will affect balance as Respawn has said before.

For all of the questions about population I have never had an issue getting in any gamemode on PS4 yet. It is leagues faster than Siege which only has 2 game modes that are basically the same.

Yep, no problems getting a match even on weekdays.

Same. I play on PS4 and never had issues getting into matches. I play Attrition and Bounty Hunt, in case anyone's curious. There's like 10-12K on PS4 now, and I'm fairly certain it'll climb to at least 15K later and more on weekends.

Seriously, some games don't even get half that and people aren't concerned since they don't see the player counts.

And those curious, PC gets 4-6K, which isn't bad considering Infinite Warfare gets 5-6K as well. http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I can't believe people think camping is an issue in anything but pvp. This is the least amount of camping I've seen in any fps. High ttk would make it impossible to kill good players. Good players as already go 30/0 and it is not hard to escape most situations by using your movement options in combination with your tactical or ordinance. As a north star player she could use a buff to flight core but that's it. Also, Robin is hard to master but godlike in the hands of a player that has taken the time to learn him. Swordcore or may size/reload could maybe use a buff

As someone who plays a lot of CoD and BF, I agree. There's no sniper spot here that will get you lots of kills (like in BF) or scorestreaks that you want to preserve. There's people camping, yes, but that is a viable strategy believe it or not. Just flank 'em or in my case, I use my fucking big-ass mech to kick their asses. :)

Man I'm not having fun. :(

I thought this would be my comeback to competitive FPS since COD4, but I'm overwhelmed.

Mainly playing Attrition. I've got quick enough reflexes to make some kill streaks but I haven't settled into a groove yet where I'm truly Zen/in the zone.

I keep switching between slow paced Sonar Knife with Hemlock to crazy ninja shit Grapple with Alternator.

Haven't unlocked anything but ticks and amped weapons so I default to amp.

Sometimes I feel like engaging Titans is useless and a quick way to get shot at, so I don't even bother equipping anti Titan.

I feel like I'm missing the point of the game.

I felt the same initially. I say, wait until you've unlocked more weapons and boosts. Find what works for you, ask GAF, check YouTube. Once you've found the loadout that suits your play style best, stick with it until you get comfy and then branch out.

How in the hell does somebody (a random on my team) get 2 points in Attrition? How is that possible?

He was there from the beginning of the match, and he wasn't AFK.

I must surely be the first videogame he's ever played right?

Happens to me frequently now. I get teammates that score less than 10 points in an entire match of Attrition. I had a match where two teammates score less than 10, even. :(

Got it. I consider myself decent at shooters so I'll go hard first play through.
Hard is more like normal but it gives you the freedom to move like a ninja and wreck the ai with the movement system. Boss battles are still to easy on hard but hardest forces you to play more defensively. Hard is best option to get used to the systems

Kalentan

Uh... I have the disc on PS4... why is the installation progress taking this long? Shouldn't it be done? How much of the game is on the disc?

KodaRuss

Uh... I have the disc on PS4... why is the installation progress taking this long? Shouldn't it be done? How much of the game is on the disc?

You can play the single player at like 48% or something. Just a way to have the game run faster.

It only took about 10-12 minutes on my PS4 Pro

KodaRuss

What MP-modes is best for new users? And what mode is your favorite ones?

Some Respawn folks have posted that Amped Hardpoint is a good way to get used to the game. Attrition might be ok. All of the others are going to be pretty tough.

Pilots vs. Pilots would be good to learn Pilot movement but obviously no Titans are in that mode.

Kalentan

Honestly after playing the gauntlet a bunch of times, I actually don't like the wall running in this game thus far. Feels too floaty and combined with a controller makes your aim turn to shit.

deoee

Honestly after playing the gauntlet a bunch of times, I actually don't like the wall running in this game thus far. Feels too floaty and combined with a controller makes your aim turn to shit.

This game has one of the best movement systems in weapon feedback (imo) in the genre.
Maybe you need to fiddle with the control schemes?
Also I can not imagine playing a fast paced shooter like this on console :x

Cyanity

Banned
So does Multiplayer not work until you start the campaign or...? I just bought TF2 for the PC and the multiplayer just keeps saying "Contacting Respawn servers"

SwolBro

Banned
Having put so many hours in the game (halfway through gen 4), a lot of issues are apparent and glaring:

-These maps are terrible. Complex and crash site are trash
-Reapers have to lose collision detection. It ruins Attrition games late. You lose all mobility and fights are determined by who gets boxed in by their own minions
-Titan executions are still broken. People are still arguing as to whether you even need to hold the button or not.
-Melee is janky as fuck with pilots.
-Cloak needs serious tweaking
-Northstar could use a buff
-Ronin could use a bigger clip size for his primary.
-Tone is still cheesy bullshit and great at everything.
-Game needs legitimate perk options. Is there anyone not running low profile just because every other option is fucking shit?
-There needs to be a comprehensive and well-done stats and challenges system that will help provide longevity for the playerbase.
-Higher tickrate servers would be great. Tired of flopping over dead for no reason mid phase shift.

I'm approaching gen 7

• Maps are terrible. complex is complete and utter garbage.
  • Reapers, whatever.
  • Titan executions seem fine to me, it's just like how it was in the first game.
  • Yeah, sometimes the melee with pilots feel off.
  • Cloak does indeed need a tweak.
  • Northstar is fine for what that titan is supposed to do. i think it's tether should hurt you once it snaps off. Also, maybe increase cluster damage? that could help
  • Ronin bigger clip size would do wonders for that Titan
  • Tone needs pulse blade not to paint targets, the 40 needs to have a smaller hit box or something.
  • There is nothing else to run but low profile, maybe we'll get other perks later?
  • I think the stats are coming in the next update.
  • Higher tick rate for private matches would be cool

Some of my own minor changes

• Faster strafe speed would be nice
  • Lower pilot gLow. i can't believe we're still dealing with this christmas light shit. You can't even see everyones skins. WTF is the point???? seriously WTF IS THE POINT?
  • G2a/hemlock range need reductions. Getting popped from across the map in 2 shots by a camping g2a is fucking stupid lol
  • Stim needs to recharge faster. i cant' say this enough. i think all mobility tacticals need to recharge faster.
  • 8v8 skirmish should also include 8v8 ctf. i think that'd be fun.
  • map hack and amped weapons need to increase to about 85% build time.
  • i'd like separate aim sensitivity for pilots and titans. i like my pilot to be on very high but i'd love my titan to be on high.
  • And of course all modes should be on one page

Kalentan

Bumper Jumper is your friend.

Tried that but can't get used it, I begin to fumble over the controls.

I think the issue also comes down to the Aim Assist which I can see when the reticle moves, it like decides sometime to not work. Not to mention my momentum just dies at some points. Like I'll jump to a new wall and all my momentum resets.

deoee

I think the issue also comes down to the Aim Assist which I can see when the reticle moves, it like decides sometime to not work. Not to mention my momentum just dies at some points. Like I'll jump to a new wall and all my momentum resets.

I struggle with the momentum too but it's a thing you get better at.
You have to connect your walljumps by strafing and crouching on the ground (or something like that :D )

SwolBro

Banned

elite controller and increase your aim sensitivity. the higher the sensitivity the less aim assist.

Cyanity

Banned
Huh. So I guess this game won't let you connect to the servers unless you disable every network adaper but the one you're currently using. Weird but ok

edit - going into multi blind, pray for me

deoee

Huh. So I guess this game won't let you connect to the servers unless you disable every network adaper but the one you're currently using. Weird but ok

edit - going into multi blind, pray for me

I did the same, I managed...

P.S. Do not ADS, just hipfire

KorrZ

I'm approaching gen 7

• G2a/hemlock range need reductions. Getting popped from across the map in 2 shots by a camping g2a is fucking stupid lol

Agree with most of your points but these guns are 3shot burst/single fire. They need the range. If anything it's SMG that need a range reduction. Hence why 90% of the pop is using them.

SwolBro

Banned
Agree with most of your points but these guns are 3shot burst/single fire. They need the range. If anything it's SMG that need a range reduction. Hence why 90% of the pop is using them.

i can see where the CAR and Volt could use a slight range reduction as well but they don't kill you in the speed in which the hemlock and g2a do. G2a is fucking absurd. i see people running this in competitive CTF private matches even.

people say "well if you nerf things everyone will be running the 201" yaeh maybe but at least you have a fighting chance of an actual gun dual with someone also running a carbine.

there is no gunplay going up against a g2a. if he see's you and doesn't have complete and utter shit aim you're most likely dead in 2 shots which can happen in a millisecond if he can pull that trigger fast enough.

Top Bottom