• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

Agree with most of your points but these guns are 3shot burst/single fire. They need the range. If anything it's SMG that need a range reduction. Hence why 90% of the pop is using them.

SMGs are fine, they promote movement and exciting gameplay. And rifles are also fine. If anything I'd rather more people use SMGs instead of chilling on rooftops with Hemlocks.

got a draw in an attrition game for the first time.

man i have a love/hate w/ this game. Like i know some stuff is my own fault being bad but there are just some things that are frustrating to go against. Like for example lets go with the hot topic of cloak. The issue I have w/ cloak is it's hard to play around at times. Yea you can see them sometimes but other times theyre just straight up invisible. Like one of my deaths last night was from me coming up behind an enemy on homestead and being like yea this is pretty advantageous for me to then die to a cloaked guy right next to him b/c it was impossible to see him. If I knew or had any indication that another person was there as well I wouldnt have engaged in that situation. It also makes traversing the map more dangerous b/c the route you take could lead you past a cloaked person and just feels frustrating to die for that reason. Other things include tone one shotting me as a pilot at far ranges, that's my biggest gripe with tone. I honestly feel she shouldnt have that capability of killing pilots w/ 1 round. I have no comment on sonar/map hack/pulse b/c I can't objectively state whether Im dying to those things or just me being bad so it's hard to say anything about them. Still see a majority of tone/legion sometimes I do see it reversed but rarely. By majority i mean at least 3 titans on the other team being a combination of the two. I do see a good amount of scorches/ronin/northstar (weirdly dont feel like I see ion as much but idk) and it's nice to see. Titan v titan isnt bad for me since I play ronin, but man does sword core suck ass. Barely use it offensively and feels like a complete waste. The only thing that annoys me outside of the maps in titan combat is nuclear ejection when doomed. That could just be with how melee executions work but I want to 70% of the time pilots just nuclear eject on me as ronin and I can't do anything about them getting free hits on me while in the air or Ill just get damaged/killed by the ejection b/c I go for a execution and it doesnt come out. Complex and crash site are still terrible. I find crash site terrible b/c of where the initial spawns are at and how it feels like it's two lanes and mediocre movement especially as ronin, but that's just me. Spawn locations are annoying at times, where it'll spawn you right next to three enemies or vice versa. Also im really disappointed that the only way I can play online without any lag/frame drops is by setting my texture resolution to low and respawn hasnt fixed that issue. Outside of map design, feel the game is a few updates away from being very good but just have to hope respawn has stuff in the works

Does anyone know if Power Cell works as a cooldown for Titan abilities?

Btw, really wish Pilots were restricted from rodeo or launchers in LTS. I just wanna focus on Titan smashing, not pixel hunting.

Keihart

Tried that but can't get used it, I begin to fumble over the controls.

I think the issue also comes down to the Aim Assist which I can see when the reticle moves, it like decides sometime to not work. Not to mention my momentum just dies at some points. Like I'll jump to a new wall and all my momentum resets.

one of the things that makes the movement so special is the momentum and how you have to worry about keeping it and gaining some in order to keep maximum speed. It makes moving fast a skill to develop and not just something that everyone can do without some sweat. I find it pretty similar to BLOPS 3 system but better.

Does anyone know if Power Cell works as a cooldown for Titan abilities?

Btw, really wish Pilots were restricted from rodeo or launchers in LTS. I just wanna focus on Titan smashing, not pixel hunting.

You dont need to worry about killing all the pilots that much. In LTS the round is over when thier titan is killed even if the pilot survives.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
OK, thanks to everyone who replied with tips and encouragement .

I'm playing with my load out and currently trying to master Ion. Pretty tricky Titan to handle. No easy way to cheese.

deoee

Just bought this on PC so need to divide my time between this and BF1.

Anybody else managing to play the two together?

If I want to scream at the screen I play BF1 because my team mates are brainless idiots.
If I want to have mindless and awesome fun I play TF2

I now own a PC and PS4 copy of this. Respawn made a pretty awesome game you guys.

Hope the sales add some lift to the player numbers on PC. I haven't had many problems getting into games on PC but I could see it being a problem later on.

3 games today so far....#1 spot in game. All losses, each time. So frustrating playing with strangers. Last game we lost by 3 points in Attrition because instead of getting easy grunts and shit, my team kept going straight into their Titans like canon fodder.

Gator86

Agree with most of your points but these guns are 3shot burst/single fire. They need the range. If anything it's SMG that need a range reduction. Hence why 90% of the pop is using them.

Yeah, I'm torn on this too. It feels bad every time you get insta-murdered by a Hemlock, but if you reduce the range more than a tiny bit, those guns might wind up on the scrap heap. SMGs have ridiculous range so it pushes the range on everything else up a peg higher than it probably should be. Any adjustment to anything weapon-wise is going to have to also touch the 201. A nerf on the Hemlock or SMG range is just a world of 201s after. I don't have a lot of complaints about the pilot weapons honestly.

zou

fucking shield users, just played a game were a team was camped in a spot and popping them right after another.

whoever's idea it was to add this to the game should be ashamed.

Revas

Going from PC to Xbox the game got a lot easier, but PC is more fun. Just going to go back and forth depending on convenience.

kevin1025

Banned
Is something possibly up with the servers on PC? I wanted to jump into my first multiplayer match and it can't find any data centers and the Launch button is greyed out.

joecanada

Yeah, run through sp first
On hard

*if you like SP in FPS*. I still haven't played one since cod4.... TF2 is pretty good but the constant "get out of the titan to go grab X" is a big nope for me. also all the parkour, I get that its good to know but i'll just practice in scavenger lol.

I would have loved the campaign if it was all titan. the other stuff is just FPS SP ver 1.9 to me. although it is fun to wall run slide, shank some NPC's

After playing Ion and Ronin, I've decided to try my hand with Legion.

...compared to the other two he seems straight forward to play.

He's great. Best long distance Titan... you can snipe just the tips of other titans so just move behind something and shoot just at their tip where the arc shooters can't hit you. then the charge shot R1 is great for pilots, the chain gun spins up too slow to hit jumping pilots .... lastly the shield is good for the odd time you cant get into cover. but you shouldn't be in the open, I believe you can still hit his feet when the shield is up. smart mode is honestly best for groups of pilots on roofs, less so for titans straight up.

After giving the L-STAR a second chance, I can sorta see why someone might use it. It's great for multiple people at close range, and can pretty much instagib at medium ranges if the person is standing still. My only real complaint is that if you stop firing, it takes at least half a second before you can fire again, which is a really weird behavior. The L-STAR would be way more viable if it wasn't for that (and the insanely long reload time when you overheat it).
Just ran into some hackers. Yay!
I also ran into one yesterday, but he was using the CAR and not moving around, so it was very easy to kill him at range. It's kinda funny how many aimbotters still lose horribly.
Fine guys, don't play with me

*cries*
I would if I owned an Xbox, but all I got is PC. If you're up for playing on PC, I'll be on later tonight!
Is something possibly up with the servers on PC? I wanted to jump into my first multiplayer match and it can't find any data centers and the Launch button is greyed out.
This happens sometimes; I usually find relaunching the game (and maybe Origin) fixes it. If that doesn't clear it up, I'd make sure the program's not being firewalled or something.

Well played it for the first time tonight (never played the first one either)

Single player is a lot of fun so far so thats good. Almost doom like vibes at times with how you can wiz around the map taking grunts out.

Multiplayer is ok. Cant say i fell in love with it or anything but i had some fun. Wasn't feeling to great about the map design though so far. Only played 4 matches so we will see.

However i got it for a reasonable price and even if i dont play online much its worth it for the campaign so far.

Kind of the opposite of battlefield 1. Ended up loving its multiplayer but i find its single player rather boring despite looking visually stunning.

I submitted a response to the poll and read the results earlier today.

A lot of the questions were horrible, causing a lot of the information to be tainted in my opinion. I hope Respawn doesnt take it all to heart and make sweeping changes right away. I think there is some decent info in there but a lot is not. If Respawn wants this information they should do a poll themselves.

I'd wager Respawn will make changes based on the real-time data they're collecting rather than a particular Reddit survey. Any requested change would have to be as deafeningly unanimous as the complaints with the first tech test.

Honestly, when I'm playing Attrition, Bounty Hunt or Hard Point, I don't have much issue with the balance of the Titans. I use Ion mostly, and generally feel like if I play smart I can handle Tones and Legions fairly easily (good Ronins on the other hand, are the god damn devil).

But when you go into LTS, and it's ONLY teams of Legion and Tone, it's a problem... because it's fucking boring.

I'm not sure how to fix it though. Maybe make the clip in Tone's 40mm shallower. Essentially, only exactly the number of shots necessary to take out a Titan per clip. That way, you punish her for missing a single shot (or firing one into a shield, etc). Maybe also lower the aim assist on that particular weapon as well, force players to actually place their shots if they want the benefit.

As far as Legion, I don't know. I never use him. Maybe a slightly longer spin-up speed on his chaingun before the bullets start flying, and more spread so that fewer shots actually land as crits (outside his core ability, obviously)?

Kalentan

Played a few matches of the MP, it's fun and I like the customization (As a person who loves camos, the amount I saw were salviating)... Just not the savior of FPS people were making it out to be.

Keihart

I really , really, REALLY love the smart pistol.

giphy.gif

kevin1025

Banned
This happens sometimes; I usually find relaunching the game (and maybe Origin) fixes it. If that doesn't clear it up, I'd make sure the program's not being firewalled or something.

Solved it. Apparently if you have wi-fi and ethernet both enabled (even though I only use wi-fi), it messes things up. Disabling ethernet fixed it. Weird, haha. Now to play :D

Nice video there. I never use nuclear ejection so I was surprised to see you immediately get another titan after using it to destroy that titan bounty.

Thanks! Yea, Ronin is good on Bounty Hunt because not only can he wreck grunts quickly, the Bounty Titans don't avoid nuclear ejects either.

Gator86

OK, thanks to everyone who replied with tips and encouragement .

I'm playing with my load out and currently trying to master Ion. Pretty tricky Titan to handle. No easy way to cheese.

A good Ion is good at the game. Respect when you run into one. Like you said, no way to cheese with him.

/Glares at Tone

Ashhong

Just got this with the Origin sale. Seems like theres so much to learn to play multiplayer. Will playing the campaign teach me all of the ins and outs I need to play online?

kevin1025

Banned
Just got this with the Origin sale. Seems like theres so much to learn to play multiplayer. Will playing the campaign teach me all of the ins and outs I need to play online?

If you haven't played Titanfall 1, I'd say the campaign is a good place to learn the ropes in terms of combat and movement. Multiplayer is way more chaotic, but the training session in the prologue does teach the basics. It's learning the movement that means everything. I've only played the prologue and first mission in campaign so far, so I don't know if it's enough, though! Give it a try and see if it helps, I'd say.

Keihart

the campaign on hard will probably teach you how to move and shoot comfortably, it'll also teach you how the different titans work.

deoee

If you don't know anything about Titanfall you will learn much from the SP.

Izuna

Banned
Got an email for feedback

should I be honest?

I'm tempted to buy it on Xbox to see if the titanBrehs can ride again. I have good memories of getting carried when there was a spot open.

<3

We need a proper scheduled game going.

Trance, set a time (not tmr) ~ ;)

Rizific

just booted the game and the first thing that slapped me in the face was that god damned awful film grain. who OKs this type of shit over at respawn? is there a console command fix or anything?

Top Bottom