• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned
just booted the game and the first thing that slapped me in the face was that god damned awful film grain. who OKs this type of shit over at respawn? is there a console command fix or anything?

Sadly no. When we first spotted it, at least two Respawn devs had no idea it was in. I can't figure out what the hell it is, and anything I have tried has been met with failure.

Izuna

Banned
I encourage everyone, who does that Survey, to say they want Co-op modes and that Pilot only modes are fucking garbage. <3

I encourage everyone, who does that Survey, to say they want Co-op modes and that Pilot only modes are fucking garbage. <3

Makes no sense. When they added the pilot only modes, no one was playing those play lists.

The coop mode was added? It was quite popular.

How TF2 launched with pilot only, and not the coop mode is ridiculous.

Izuna

Banned
I really liked that Custom Playlist idea from earlier in this thread. That's genius and I don't understand why it isn't already in games... If it had a randomised order (with no option for sequential) it could be exactly what I want, and be very addictive.

Respawn, please consider this if possible. I personally want to group all TDM modes and not have to be choosing between Bounty Hunt and Attrition manually <3 kthxbye

Just picked this up. Played a ton of TF1

Whats going on, why don't titans last as long? Is there no Shields anymore?

And more importantly why doesn't the camera go first person when entering the titan?

I'm fed up being the best on a losing LTS. I just quit out of a game where I was 6 to my entire team doing 0. I consider myself above average at games. So this gets really frustrating.

Create a game with great movement but give people tools that encourage shit playstyles. Atrrition and Bounty Hunt is filled with people sitting behind a shield or pilot sentry. Either in hallways or roof tops. Its amplified with these maps.

I'm fed up being the best on a losing LTS. I just quit out of a game where I was 6 to my entire team doing 0. I consider myself above average at games. So this gets really frustrating.

What platform?

duxstar

The other modes are even more frustrating , I had a game of attrition where i had 6 "titan assists" and ended up in 3rd place even with 5 more kills than the other guys on my team. Just because the arbitrary titan kill didnt go to me even though i watched an opposing titan in front of me go from full to a sliver of health and no one else was around until the end

Gator86

Create a game with great movement but give people tools that encourage shit playstyles. Atrrition and Bounty Hunt is filled with people sitting behind a shield or pilot sentry. Either in hallways or roof tops. Its amplified with these maps.

What platform?

Yeah, they have to nerf the Hemlock out of existence. It's my go-to now, but it's everywhere. I played multiple games where all 12 people were using it. You can't wall-run or really move at all. They can't just make a dozen new maps overnight, but they can change weapons. I don't even think it's broken necessarily, but it's completely debilitating to any other play style. I didn't realize how quickly the cloak/Hemlock meta would spread.

Dinosur

Got a metric buttload of Buffalo Wild Wings codes tonight if anyone wants some. From what I can tell from already trying to give them out, they're pretty much only good for one-per-person since the Coliseum is easy enough to get into. Quote for codes picture and if you guys need more, I'll throw more up. Threw the link in an email tag so I hope that works to deter lurkers, but whatever, seriously have an entire book of 'em.

E92 M3

Yeah, they have to nerf the Hemlock out of existence. It's my go-to now, but it's everywhere. I played multiple games where all 12 people were using it. You can't wall-run or really move at all. They can't just make a dozen new maps overnight, but they can change weapons. I don't even think it's broken necessarily, but it's completely debilitating to any other play style. I didn't realize how quickly the cloak/Hemlock meta would spread.

Not sure what you're talking about, I hate the Hemlock but didn't see it used that often. Plus because I'm always moving it's not too bad. Also a lot less cloaks tonight and tons of phase shift. Really good mixture of abilities.

--

In more fun news, most Titan kills I got in attrition yet:

HkuBzN9.png

What platform?
I save my gravity star or electric smoke for them. Pretty satisfying. I know you are on ps4 and play a lot but i dont see them too much in attrition, tbh

Argonomic

Squeaky wheels get the grease, that's the saying right?

On the other hand, where would the feedback come from for those that don't post or aren't as verbal?

Feedback can come from many places. Examples:

• The usual suspects (forums, twitter, twitch, hanging out in game, etc.)
  • User generated data (server stats).
  • Certain specific devs become the internal voice of a player type.
  • Survey random people you run into outside of work.
  • Wide public surveys (check out immersyve.com).

E92 M3

Feedback can come from many places. Examples:

• The usual suspects (forums, twitter, twitch, hanging out in game, etc.)
  • User generated data (server stats).
  • Certain specific devs become the internal voice of a player type.
  • Survey random people you run into outside of work.
  • Wide public surveys (check out immersyve.com).

How do you discern between something that is an emotional reaction vs something actually needs to be changed?

schlew

Got a metric buttload of Buffalo Wild Wings codes tonight if anyone wants some. From what I can tell from already trying to give them out, they're pretty much only good for one-per-person since the Coliseum is easy enough to get into. Quote for codes picture and if you guys need more, I'll throw more up. Threw the link in an email tag so I hope that works to deter lurkers, but whatever, seriously have an entire book of 'em.

Thanks, I used the first code (top left)!

Izuna

Banned
How do you discern between something that is an emotional reaction vs something actually needs to be changed?

I don't see the distinction.

I agree with you on many things. Respect your opinion on others, but you have to understand that if something is pissing someone off, it's pissing someone off.

It's not okay for a dev or a player to think "ah, it's crap but it's not THAT bad" -- shit like Complex for example, it's honestly upsetting when that map pops up.

Don't turn into old Swol :D

E92 M3

I agree with you on many things. Respect your opinion on others, but you have to understand that if something is pissing someone off, it's pissing someone off.

It's not okay for a dev or a player to think "ah, it's crap but it's not THAT bad" -- shit like Complex for example, it's honestly upsetting when that map pops up.

Haha, I just want everyone to have fun and understand that some things I hate others like. For instance, we have a couple gaffers that love Crash Site (go away Crash Site). Hopefully Respawn strikes a balance where everyone walks away happy. Personally, I think that Titanfall 2 is one of the most polished mp experiences in recent years. Out of the box, it's pretty damn solid.

Gator86

Not sure what you're talking about, I hate the Hemlock but didn't see it used that often. Plus because I'm always moving it's not too bad. Also a lot less cloaks tonight and tons of phase shift. Really good mixture of abilities.

--

In more fun news, most Titan kills I got in attrition yet:

HkuBzN9.png

It's mostly all I saw tonight. Maybe it was just random chance, but hours of play and it was just that. I don't think it's especially broken, but the amount of people just sitting back with it and cloak with ridiculous. Respawn knows the real percents obviously, but it was a downer. Cloak is basically ubiquitous now. Half the enemy team is cloaked at all times.

Tone needs to be nerfed, breh. If they neutered my Legion then everyone gets the bat.

Agreed. They need her to not be good at something. You can't be mobile, have solid health, have the best defensive ability in the game, see through walls, fire school buses with ridiculous aim assist, destroy pilots, put reapers down in basically a single shot/rocket rotation, etc. She's cheesy bullshit and they need to pick something and take it down a peg.

Izuna

Banned
Haha, I just want everyone to have fun and understand that some things I hate others like. For instance, we have a couple gaffers that love Crash Site (go away Crash Site). Hopefully Respawn strikes a balance where everyone walks away happy. Personally, I think that Titanfall 2 is one of the most polished mp experiences in recent years. Out of the box, it's pretty damn solid.

I hold Titanfall 2 to the standard of Titanfall 1. And currently, it's lacking. I really hope they can turn it around.

It's like if I was given a Chicken Salad Sandwich (my fav) but sadly it was toasted and cold. I'd still like it more than other sandwiches, but man, why the fuck is it toasted and cold?

Maybe there's some human psychology element to this. Perhaps I should just accept that this game is breathing while the original isn't, so I should lower the bar.

Edit: Y'all still getting trolled by OdysseusVA...

Giant Bomb Network is always full, and GAF is usually not&#65533;&#65533;

I'm in both networks, and yeah, I switched to GB because it's usually way more full. I think the way the audience of GB interacts with the team and the team's recent high praise and ongoing love for Titanfall 2 encourages a lot more GB network members to be active. GAF throws up a sale thread every time the game shows for $35 or less so far and I feel like half the responses that stick out to me are "still not low enough, I'll wait for 15-20."

I also remember having hardly anyone to talk to about on GAF here in the tech test thread because the tech test thread was just miles long of people saying the game sucked compared to the first or wasn't doing anything for them... So I very much have the impression that majority of GAF is not down with Titanfall -- doesn't feel like a pro-Titanfall community to me. :/

Wark

Okay, so after regenerating my Flatline a little while back, I thought I was set on that gun. I dabbled with the Volt in the past, but I decided to strictly use that gun today - AND I'M IN LOVE!

Dubz

This is my GOTY. Not much else comes close. Amazing SP, and the most addictive MP I've played in a while. I double dipped PS4 and PC just so I could play all the time with different friends.

Argonomic

This subject is worth a lot more than I can fit in a forum post. How you react to feedback is of tremendous importance in any endeavor. It's an area of constant focus and improvement, for me anyway.

With that said..

To loosely generalize, most balance changes are proposed and then discussed within the MP design team. Ideas usually percolate a bit before any are implemented, like a cool-off period. Some are tried out in local play-tests. If they play well then they go live.

When something is obviously degenerate, like map hack, the process is expedited.

Again, this subject really deserves a lot more detail!

renzolama

How in the hell does somebody (a random on my team) get 2 points in Attrition? How is that possible?

He was there from the beginning of the match, and he wasn't AFK.

I must surely be the first videogame he's ever played right?

I'm having a rough day you big jerk.

Seriously, I think I've been that guy. I can't get my head around the TTK in this game combined with all the movement options. It feels like around 75% of the time I die I haven't even seen the person who killed me yet or they're behind a corner I'm no longer exposed to. I've been playing a bit of Infinite Warfare and I honestly can't tell a significant difference in TTK between the two. I'm hoping it's actually due to some network update issues that can be optimized/tweaked so that eventually you don't feel like 2-4 bullets hit you instantly at the same time.

Joyful

hey I used the one starting with GTZY, thanks~

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Thanks! Although I still wish I was around for that Mountain Dew thing.

renzolama

skilled players would be able to run havoc and voiding deaths by wall running, parkouring, jumping and sliding around the map avoiding getting shot

So, you mean that the player would be able to actually utilize the advanced movement mechanics in the game. Sounds awful, I'm really glad they designed the multiplayer with a low enough ttk to save me from those big evil traversal monsters.

Can I have one? I want to earn stuff.

Oh man, just finished the campaign. Haven't had that much fun since Doom or COD 4.

I thought the
Time travel mission
would be my favorite but the mission where
BT dies the first time and you get the seer kit
ended up being my favorite because I just felt so bad ass.

Can't please everyone. I know lots who like complex and crash site.

Top Bottom