• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

EL CUCO

I love me some Coliseum matches. It'd be cool if they did something like Destiny's Trials of Osiris with it, where as long as you win, you keep fighting up to a certain amount of wins with a final grand prize at the end.

E92 M3

This subject is worth a lot more than I can fit in a forum post. How you react to feedback is of tremendous importance in any endeavor. It's an area of constant focus and improvement, for me anyway.

With that said..

To loosely generalize, most balance changes are proposed and then discussed within the MP design team. Ideas usually percolate a bit before any are implemented, like a cool-off period. Some are tried out in local play-tests. If they play well then they go live.

When something is obviously degenerate, like map hack, the process is expedited.

Again, this subject really deserves a lot more detail!

Fair enough.

--

Cloak is perfectly fine. And complaining about Volt lol? I'm convinced most people just cry nerf because they need a scapegoat. Camping is useless in this game and cloaked guys are very easy to kill.

E92 M3

Car seems much better than the Volt and more prominent on Pc, anyway.

This game has nearly perfect balance. It's unfortunate that these days people just say nerf instead of learning to deal with things. Back in the day shooters came out and we just played them. It was great.

duxstar

After extensive play time with the volt.

CAR and Devotion are still better imo (PS4 version). Its funny i was watching that video that was posted and the guy was playing on PC which might affect his choice of volt over the other 2. It looked like he was playing a different game than I have been.

I assume thats what 120 fps, and mouse control will do for you though

I don't think it's crying Nerf. Cloak campers have a higher chance of shooting you first because they are literally waiting for someone and it only takes one bullet to kill you lol.

I mean sure you can stim to run away from the camp but they'll be gone when you try and swing round to their location.

It is against the pace design of the game itself.

Tone is similar, camping behind walls at an enemy that has to try extra hard to hit you.

E92 M3

It's mostly all I saw tonight. Maybe it was just random chance, but hours of play and it was just that. I don't think it's especially broken, but the amount of people just sitting back with it and cloak with ridiculous. Respawn knows the real percents obviously, but it was a downer. Cloak is basically ubiquitous now. Half the enemy team is cloaked at all times.

Agreed. They need her to not be good at something. You can't be mobile, have solid health, have the best defensive ability in the game, see through walls, fire school buses with ridiculous aim assist, destroy pilots, put reapers down in basically a single shot/rocket rotation, etc. She's cheesy bullshit and they need to pick something and take it down a peg.

It was probably RNG lol.

I hold Titanfall 2 to the standard of Titanfall 1. And currently, it's lacking. I really hope they can turn it around.

It's like if I was given a Chicken Salad Sandwich (my fav) but sadly it was toasted and cold. I'd still like it more than other sandwiches, but man, why the fuck is it toasted and cold?

Maybe there's some human psychology element to this. Perhaps I should just accept that this game is breathing while the original isn't, so I should lower the bar.

Edit: Y'all still getting trolled by OdysseusVA...

I love Titanfall 1 and this game almost equally. Just can't wait for some more maps from the original.

I don't think it's crying Nerf. Cloak campers have a higher chance of shooting you first because they are literally waiting for someone and it only takes one bullet to kill you lol.

I mean sure you can stim to run away from the camp but they'll be gone when you try and swing round to their location.

It is against the pace design of the game itself.

Tone is similar, camping behind walls at an enemy that has to try extra hard to hit you.

I have never once fought against a successful camping team. Camping has zero effectiveness besides getting an extra kill. Personally, I wish pilots stood out between bots more. Most of the time I can't tell who is the pilot if the red glow doesn't activate. I'd actually prefer more cloak guys lol.

And Tone needs to be flanked. Every titan has a different approach - knowing those approaches is part of learning the game.

E92 M3

I hope they dont nerf stuff to much but give underperforming weapons some love, like the R97 or Lstar.

I have a feeling they will buff more than nerf. Respawn cares about fun more than anything. I'd be very disappointed if there were serious nerfs, though. We don't have anything truly broken.

Alx

I hope someday holopilot Nova is good.

I haven't tried it much (if ever), but I don't feel all those "one shot" boosts are really useful. Turrets, hacks, etc can last for several seconds, but Nova or "time rewind" can only be triggered once for a very short effect.
Also I tried the time rewind once and decided it was useless : apparently the other pilots can see your "track" as you go back in time, with a small coloured cloud like the ones in the campaign mission. They don't even wonder where you'll reappear like with phase shift, they just need to aim for the light and wait for you to reappear.

Keihart

I haven't tried it much (if ever), but I don't feel all those "one shot" boosts are really useful. Turrets, hacks, etc can last for several seconds, but Nova or "time rewind" can only be triggered once for a very short effect.
Also I tried the time rewind once and decided it was useless : apparently the other pilots can see your "track" as you go back in time, with a small coloured cloud like the ones in the campaign mission. They don't even wonder where you'll reappear like with phase shift, they just need to aim for the light and wait for you to reappear.

yup, it should've of been like glitch from BLOPS3

nkDIQmA.gif

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
All the good players must be asleep still. I'm absolutely destroying today. Had $2700 in Attrition with $700 more ready to put in, but we'd already won.

I was really hoping you were about to walk behind him and take him out with an execution. Preferably his own pistol to his head.

How do you do the execution? Every time I hit melee from behind it does the standard melee

It seems every game I run into is almost fully volt/tone/cloak.

It's insane and needs to be fixed immediately.

It's Titanfall not Cloak Roof Battlefield.

Don't think it's that bad. I think a lot of more aggressive players are gravitating towards the volt though. It's not the best SMG in any individual situation but it's the most versatile overall which makes it the best weapon in the game.

The way this game plays, with you dipping into all sorts of ranges as you run across the battlefield, I feel that the most versatile weapon is king, and the Volt is the most versatile. However it doesn't have a significant advantage at any of its ranges, jack of all trades, master of none, so to speak. The R201 and CAR are also very similar.

Don't think it's that bad. I think a lot of more aggressive players are gravitating towards the volt though. It's not the best SMG in any individual situation but it's the most versatile overall which makes it the best weapon in the game.

The way this game plays, with you dipping into all sorts of ranges as you run across the battlefield, I feel that the most versatile weapon is king, and the Volt is the most versatile. However it doesn't have a significant advantage at any of its ranges, jack of all trades, master of none, so to speak. The R201 and CAR are also very similar.
Pretty much. We played together for a few hours last night and everyone was talking about their favorite gun. We all took turns at the top of the leaderboard and we were all using different guns, pilots and boosts. I think which map plays a big role too. Hell, when i finally got first on our team it was when i tried the eva shotgun for the first time. Most weapons are capable in this game and im always getting killed by a myriad weapons every match. Encounters usually come down to who can aquire their taget first, good aim and the use of defensive abilities/ manoeuvres. If anything, there are a few guns weapons that might benefit from slight buffs or some could use slight range reduction or recoil increase but to be hones i wouldn't be upset if they didn't touch the weapons.

Raptor

Got a metric buttload of Buffalo Wild Wings codes tonight if anyone wants some. From what I can tell from already trying to give them out, they're pretty much only good for one-per-person since the Coliseum is easy enough to get into. Quote for codes picture and if you guys need more, I'll throw more up. Threw the link in an email tag so I hope that works to deter lurkers, but whatever, seriously have an entire book of 'em.

Can I have one please?

:)

Origin have this on sale so I decided to buy it as I always wanted to try it and was waiting for a sale.

Downloaded and installed.

Can't wait!.

I'll be trying out the campaign first. How long is the campaign?

B3N1

Tried the EVA, it's not bad at all, but the Hammond pistol is way cooler to use. With the EVA, I had multiple cases, where I hit a headshot from about 5-6 metres, and it didn't kill the enemy. A CAR from that range shreds me before I land the next shot. So what I did now, is main the pistol, and switch to EVA indoors.

The most problem I have now is currently with Camo. In R1 it was quite consistent in visibility. To my eyes, the dissaturated bright blob was nearly as alarming as the red glow now. Here, it only looks like that, when the enemy is in front of a dark background. Against anything bright (like the sky), I simply can't see them. Camo being used mostly for rooftop camping doesn't really help my case either.

Oh and I hate being killed right after phase shifting. Usually it happens to a single Hemlok burst to the body, where on my screen I'm already in the ulside down, behind cover. I get that we need some lag compensation, but man, not like this. Or what about people teleporting back and forth every second? Them having a bad connection shouldn'be my disadvantage.

I also retired Ronin for a while, Scorch is my best friend now.

Around G2.20 now, I'm getting tired by the merit system too. In the beta I liked how it just gave me stuff for everything, and that they didn't put in an XP bar. Well I'd rather have the bar back, when I carry my team with most damage, caps, or even kills, and we basically get the same amount of merits after. It's so goddamn slow to level this way. I'd be okay with a merit rewarded for most [insert stat from scoreboard] to players on each team. In Hardpoint, for most def/attack, kills. In LTS, kills and damage. Or something like that.

Auctopus

I'm getting constant crashes (every 10 minutes) in the
satellite
section of the campaign.

It's every time I do a slide into melee.

Got a metric buttload of Buffalo Wild Wings codes tonight if anyone wants some. From what I can tell from already trying to give them out, they're pretty much only good for one-per-person since the Coliseum is easy enough to get into. Quote for codes picture and if you guys need more, I'll throw more up. Threw the link in an email tag so I hope that works to deter lurkers, but whatever, seriously have an entire book of 'em.

Can you post some more? All codes used.

Revas

Tried the EVA, it's not bad at all, but the Hammond pistol is way cooler to use. With the EVA, I had multiple cases, where I hit a headshot from about 5-6 metres, and it didn't kill the enemy. A CAR from that range shreds me before I land the next shot. So what I did now, is main the pistol, and switch to EVA indoors.

The most problem I have now is currently with Camo. In R1 it was quite consistent in visibility. To my eyes, the dissaturated bright blob was nearly as alarming as the red glow now. Here, it only looks like that, when the enemy is in front of a dark background. Against anything bright (like the sky), I simply can't see them. Camo being used mostly for rooftop camping doesn't really help my case either.

Oh and I hate being killed right after phase shifting. Usually it happens to a single Hemlok burst to the body, where on my screen I'm already in the ulside down, behind cover. I get that we need some lag compensation, but man, not like this. Or what about people teleporting back and forth every second? Them having a bad connection shouldn'be my disadvantage.

I also retired Ronin for a while, Scorch is my best friend now.

Around G2.20 now, I'm getting tired by the merit system too. In the beta I liked how it just gave me stuff for everything, and that they didn't put in an XP bar. Well I'd rather have the bar back, when I carry my team with most damage, caps, or even kills, and we basically get the same amount of merits after. It's so goddamn slow to level this way. I'd be okay with a merit rewarded for most [insert stat from scoreboard] to players on each team. In Hardpoint, for most def/attack, kills. In LTS, kills and damage. Or something like that.

Cloak and turrets really throw off the risk reward in this game. On Xbox the highest scoring players are usually using this (w/ Tone or Legion) and it's just frustrating. In combination with map hack and sonar why would I want to move at all?

And yes, the Hammond is super effective as a sidearm.

I am going crazy from this stuttering issue not being fixed. Just had a BH game start with me sneaking up behind 4 people on the enemy team. They were all bunched up on a rooftop sniping. I killed 0 of them, because as I started shooting at the first my game stuttered terribly. Then it recovered for a split second, I was alive...then it did it again. I was pretty pissed.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Okay, so I just put a good solid four hours into the multiplay (already been playing it off and on for the week, this was just the longest session). Tremendous fun, love it, I hope it'll spark an excitement in me like KZ2 did way back in the day.

That said, is there a complete map list? I feel like there's only five, but I then suddenly played in this office one so now I'm really curious.

Also, I've made a point of trying every possible style I could, but god damn I am bad with Northstar. Does anyone have tips?

Gator86

I hope they dont nerf stuff to much but give underperforming weapons some love, like the R97 or Lstar.

You can't always just buff stuff though. If you just keep buffing things, the TTK will invariably drop as power creep sets in. Nerfs are just as good as buffs. The anti-nerf sentiment is pretty simplistic reasoning - "just make things better, not worse!" Good balancing requires buffs and nerfs. If you only use one set of tools, eventually your game turns to trash.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So, I figured out why I was eating shit for the past whatever days I've owned this game.

My TVs input lag is atrocious.

Plugged it into my ASUS monitor with 0ms gtg and voila. 31 kills in the first game of bounty.

Unstoppable with Ion, for some reason. I guess I'm getting used to her versatility.

Top Bottom