• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

IMO, it should be "Snipers: Current method (thereby allowing them to play stealth). Everyone else: As soon as they fire a bullet, the cooldown starts and cloak is turned off. Similar to the campaign way, IIRC."

Phase Shift should also have a bit longer (or less disorientating) duration. You can't cross the roads if you use it defensively. So I can understand the current duration for offensively, but geez.
What? Phase Shift is currently the best defensive ability. You get two charges, and one is more than enough if you're moving quickly when you trigger it.

Also, making Cloak work like that would be way too confusing for people. If Cloak is really an issue (which I don't think it is, I never have problems playing against it), just make the period between firing and becoming recloaked either more obvious (less flickering) or have a longer duration.

Gator86

Cloak change incoming (ish).

Thank God. I am shocked, just shocked that it doesn't work very well allowing people to run around permanently invisible in game where the first person to get seen dies. Fix Reaper collision detection and Titan executions please!

I still say Stim is the best Tactical. It's saved my ass so many times. And it's a great way to close the distance between you and the guy who just vanished behind a corner.

Naar

Can't believe all the cloak hate :( I myself am a cloak user and use it mostly for pilot vs titan.

I play with a 200ms ping and can spot them most of the time ESPECIALLY if they run around in the middle. So I am baffled how some of you cannot see them.

I'll be pissed if it gets nerfed as it is a godsend vs titans and allows me to tackle them 1 vs 1

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I think cloak needs just a little something to make it more visible to pilots. It's very flat for lack of a better term right now. I think adding some noise or some kind of crawling to it is all it really needs. The recloak when you stop shooting is a pretty huge buff from the original, but I'm ok with that, as the other abilities are mostly quite good.

Cloak + Low Profile in LTS though... I don't know. I feel like it makes a decent pilot too strong. Impossible to goose without some lucky contrast coming from random smoke or something, and very hard to deal with Archer guy when he recloaks half a second after shooting out a rocket with a big chunk of your Titan's health's name on it.

Naar

I think cloak needs just a little something to make it more visible to pilots. It's very flat for lack of a better term right now. I think adding some noise or some kind of crawling to it is all it really needs. The recloak when you stop shooting is a pretty huge buff from the original, but I'm ok with that, as the other abilities are mostly quite good.

Cloak + Low Profile in LTS though... I don't know. I feel like it makes a decent pilot too strong. Impossible to goose without some lucky contrast coming from random smoke or something, and very hard to deal with Archer guy when he recloaks half a second after shooting out a rocket with a big chunk of your Titan's health's name on it.

Cloak already makes a humming sound when active but honestly its a bit weak. Maybe they should increase the humming noise?

And what you mentioned is my set up, cloak + low profile. Sometimes I leave my titan in Last Titan Standing to steal a battery from the enemy before returning to my titan :D

Gator86

I still say Stim is the best Tactical. It's saved my ass so many times. And it's a great way to close the distance between you and the guy who just vanished behind a corner.

Stim seems like a really well designed skill. It is super versatile and has tons of uses, but isn't some brain-dead set and forget ability. Stuff like Stim and Phase Shift require quick thinking and strategy. They're what you want skills to be, I think.

I wound up refunding the game through Origin on PC. Every game I tried to play last night, of about 20, I was playing against a team that would always get 5 titans out while my team had 1 or 2 and we would get curbstomped. I didn't get one competitive or fun game. I don't know if it's the matchmaking or wait, but I had to decide if I should keep it within the Origin refund window and I decided not to.

Can't believe all the cloak hate :( I myself am a cloak user and use it mostly for pilot vs titan.

I play with a 200ms ping and can spot them most of the time ESPECIALLY if they run around in the middle. So I am baffled how some of you cannot see them.

I'll be pissed if it gets nerfed as it is a godsend vs titans and allows me to tackle them 1 vs 1
As a guy who loves stealing batteries and taking on titans as a pilot, i agree. Vs pilots, it does it's job at making you hard to see and rarely gets me out of disadvantageous fire fights the way stim or phase do. Most maps, it isnt difficult to pick out cloaked players. However, when i first tried it out, i was surprised how long it lasted

EL CUCO

One day I'll know what its like to use all the different weapons in this game. As much as I LOVE the Alternator and the Volt, I've been using the CAR, simply because...well, it's been getting the job done.

But what's so awesome about this game is that practically everything is viable and gets the job done. I hope Respawn NEVER EVER EVER goes down that ugly road that Bungie took of nerfing stuff into the ground to the point everything is garbage, except for one or two things.

Stim seems like a really well designed skill. It is super versatile and has tons of uses, but isn't some brain-dead set and forget ability. Stuff like Stim and Phase Shift require quick thinking and strategy. They're what you want skills to be, I think.

Yeah. It can be situational. If there's no cover, it doesn't matter how fast I'm going, a competent person is gonna tag you.

Unrelated, but does anyone else play and listen to their favorite podcast sometimes?It's funny how far you can get on the scoreboard without audio cues sometimes lol

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
If there's one take away from Overwatch, it's that people are never happy with whatever counters their favorite thing. Nerf it!

Yep, this is true. Some people can't adapt and will instead bitch about things that work for them. Never mind that if that thing is used by 90 percent of players since it's the only viable option.

Am I alone in liking Crash Site? Everyone I talk to seems to hate that map.

Nope. I like it, too. Only thing I don't like s colliding with Reapers. People need to use long range weapons as a Pilot and use Scorch or Ronin. It's too cramped for Tone, and such.

Ugh I spent 100 points on that last smg. It kinda sucks :( rate of fire is good...everything else...yikes .

I like it lol im a sucker for bunker hill type maps.

Yep. Fast fire rate and nothing else. Does pitiful damage, isn't that accurate. I weep at the thought of hitting gen2 with it. I'm level 8 or something. Sigh.

The Anti-Rodeo measures is really bullshit cause there is no way to know when it's on.

What do you mean? If you see the smoke and you're damaged, that's it. If you meant if there's a warning if Titans have smoke ready to deploy, then yeah, there's no way to know and rightfully so. If you knew a Titan had it (as in a marker), why would you rodeo them?

Jump in, when they deploy smoke, jump out and jump back in. :)

What's the most op gun in TF2 ? Ask 10 people and you will get a variety of answers. Hell, my fav gun changes on a daily basis. Started with car, then g2, then hemlock, the volt, then alternator, now im all about the eva 8.

Yep, that's a mark of a well balance game. I get killed with a lot of Alternator, R201, Volt, Hemlock, etc. In short: everyone uses everything, which is good.

I myself use almost every gun except LMGs since I suck at them. But the other guns? Yeah, I hit gen2 on almost every gun and Titan launcher since I find them all viable depending on the map, Titans, etc.

Cloak change incoming (ish).

O rly? o_O Haha! I gather, longer cooldown most likely, no?

Yep, this is true. Some people can't adapt and will instead bitch about things that work for them. Never mind that if that thing is used by 90 percent of players since it's the only viable option.

Amen to that. I play Tone a lot (yeah, yeah) which makes Legion and Ronin the bane of my existence. Legions shield and minigun are a fucking nightmare. And if a good Ronin closes the distance, I'm hooped as far as close range tactics go. Would I ever want them nerfed though? Hell no. It would make Tone an even bigger asshole.

Falchion

Started the campaign this afternoon. After just a few levels I can already see why people have enjoyed it so much. The pacing is really good and the platforming sections are fun and natural and don't feel like just a throw in to space out the shooting.

kagamin

Finished the campaign just yesterday on PC after I jumped on one of the sales, really enjoyed it and messed around with some MP.

KingV

I hope we get a legacy map pack at some point.

These maps are decent
and some are fucking awful
but nothing beats the likes of Fracture, Nexus and Smugglers Cove.

If they bought the best 68 or 10 maps from R1 over, that would be awesome. Maps are the weakest part of r2

Gator86

Legion doesn't feel as OP as people said he is, what's the 'correct' way to use him?

Legion isn't OP at all. He's Bastion from Overwatch. Bad people get obliterated by him and good people don't unless the pilot is equally or better skilled. He's the slowest Titan, his shield locks you into ADS, he has only straight line damage, etc. When I'm playing Ronin I sprint at every Legion I see immediately knowing it's an easy kill unless they're especially good. Ion forces him into weird stalemates where neither can shoot. Scorch can melt him in second unless they're rolling with dash core, Tone doesn't break a sweat versus anyone.

Legion is almost entirely positioning. You want to be in places with good line of sight to multiple areas, limit potential flanking avenues, learn the tiny peaking places where you can shred a Titan's knees without exposing yourself at all. A Legion just loping down the middle of a lane is usually just a free kill who heard Legion was easy to use.

All of this is based on attrition. I couldn't speak to him in other modes.

Legion isn't OP at all. He's Bastion from Overwatch. Bad people get obliterated by him and good people don't unless the pilot is equally or better skilled. He's the slowest Titan, his shield locks you into ADS, he has only straight line damage, etc. When I'm playing Ronin I sprint at every Legion I see immediately knowing it's an easy kill unless they're especially good. Ion forces him into weird stalemates where neither can shoot. Scorch can melt him in second unless they're rolling with dash core, Tone doesn't break a sweat versus anyone.

Legion is almost entirely positioning. You want to be in places with good line of sight to multiple areas, limit potential flanking avenues, learn the tiny peaking places where you can shred a Titan's knees without exposing yourself at all. A Legion just loping down the middle of a lane is usually just a free kill who heard Legion was easy to use.

All of this is based on attrition. I couldn't speak to him in other modes.

Thanks for the tips!

I could have sworn in the first week people were going on about how Legion and Tone were OP. Cobalt had made multiple posts about it lol ^^;

Gator86

Thanks for the tips!

I could have sworn in the first week people were going on about how Legion and Tone were OP. Cobalt had made multiple posts about it lol ^^;

Legion did get some tweaks, but nothing too crazy. People are just better at the game now that it's not newer. The exact same thing happened with Bastion in Overwatch - people were losing their shit at how broken he was then a week later people realized he's fine of you just don't run directly at him.

Just try and think ahead with Legion. You're a giant turtle, so you're not going to beat anyone with him on reflexes. If you bait people, play near corners, and use the geography, you'll beat most people easily.

KodaRuss

There needs to be a tutorial or a short intro video for Bounty Hunt and Attrition or something. Me and another teammate each had 1500 points a piece in bounty hunt but we lost horribly because no one else on our team broke 300.

LowSignal

There needs to be a tutorial or a short intro video for Bounty Hunt and Attrition or something. Me and another teammate each had 1500 points a piece in bounty hunt but we lost horribly because no one else on our team broke 300.

I've said this 1000 times, lose the static load screens and show what you should be doing so everyone has fun.

Legion did get some tweaks, but nothing too crazy. People are just better at the game now that it's not newer. The exact same thing happened with Bastion in Overwatch - people were losing their shit at how broken he was then a week later people realized he's fine of you just don't run directly at him.

Just try and think ahead with Legion. You're a giant turtle, so you're not going to beat anyone with him on reflexes. If you bait people, play near corners, and use the geography, you'll beat most people easily.

What set ups do you run with him? More bullets?

I definitely feel that the campaign has become overrated. I kinda wish I didn't go in with all the hype; I would have been pleasantly surprised based on normal FPS standards. As a single player experience, I think it's great but not amazing.

The multiplayer? Now, that's best in class. Amazingly fun and addictive.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
As a single player experience, I think it's great but not amazing.

I thought it was a bog standard set-piece a la Call of Duty campaign. I think I ran away from like 95% of encounters as Pilot/infantry on Master because of the high damage rate and too many enemies.

The last 5% where like two that I couldn't run from
(Ash's dome level that had you fight a bunch of enemies. Killed the two... Reapers I think they're called but couldn't Cloak run past the infantry due to the timer on cloak)
if you don't count the bosses, it'd be 98% or so.

Effect and Cause (the level name) is the stand-out for the campaign and I can see why people rave about it. IMO, Respawn should get with Valve and do a Portal 3 based on that level alone. Their locomotion system, their
manipulating time/dimensions
and solving puzzles based on that would be pretty killer to see in Portal.

But yeah, the campaign is massively over-hyped by GAF, IMO.

(And thankfully the respawn for pilots in the multiplayer isn't automatic unlike the weapons, factions and mechs)

Now that I've seen everything, it's time to uninstall until the co-op and DLC maps are fully out
and the community is dead and buried six feet under
I guess.

Gator86

The most trouble I have with Legion is when it seems like he always has that damn shield active.

That's a good Legion then. It's why I always hang stones corners. If things go too far south, I can pull back for a second to let my shield recharge. During that time I also reload and begin charging a special shot. I come out with a shield and shotgun blast/explosive round and that's usually enough to panic most people entirely.

What set ups do you run with him? More bullets?

Dash core and anything not the walk speed upgrade works. You're immobile regardless, so it's not worth the perk to be an imperceptibly faster turtle.

Top Bottom