• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I hope we get a legacy map pack at some point.

These maps are decent
and some are fucking awful
but nothing beats the likes of Fracture, Nexus and Smugglers Cove.

Sometimes it seems like people wont be happy until There's 1 gun, 1 pilot, 1 titan and 1 boost. Turrets? Really? Probably the biggest non issue in the game. What's next? battery boost because it gives titans a shield and it's unfair. I get the cloak duration, certain gun range and recoil concerns or slight titan tweaks but turrets?

Sometimes it seems like people wont be happy until There's 1 gun, 1 pilot, 1 titan and 1 boost. Turrets? Really? Probably the biggest non issue in the game. What's next? battery boost because it gives titans a shield and it's unfair. I get the cloak duration, certain gun range and recoil concerns or slight titan tweaks but turrets?

If there's one take away from Overwatch, it's that people are never happy with whatever counters their favorite thing. Nerf it!

I can't get over how fun the Softball is. It's certainly not an optimal gun, but it's just so satisfying to use. Getting a grenade stuck to someone and then phase shifting away to leave them to their demise is amazing.

deoee

I can't get over how fun the Softball is. It's certainly not an optimal gun, but it's just so satisfying to use. Getting a grenade stuck to someone and then phase shifting away to leave them to their demise is amazing.

How do you kill with it?

I tried it but it's utterly useless D:

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop

Welcome to almost any online game.

Lebneney

Banned
This game is honestly a blast.

Just finished the campaign yesterday and wow, what a bag of emotions. I'm still having a bit of trouble understanding the story if someone would care to elaborate.
I know it has something to do with the colonies wanting to blow up Harmony, but I felt it incongruous. Can someone give me a rundown or show me a lore video that explains it well enough?
If anyone is on the fence on buying it, pick it up. I cannot implore you enough. Heck if you are worried about the price, buy it on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

And the multiplayer, c'est magnifique! The ability to join networks and have a community to group with. Oh baby...
stock-photo-male-chef-kissing-fingers-against-grey-background-319980176.jpg

Alx

Also, I've made a point of trying every possible style I could, but god damn I am bad with Northstar. Does anyone have tips?

From my modest experience (I'm not that great either), just avoid 1 Vs 1 confrontation. That means fleeing a lot, using traps and smoke to cover your track. Charge your shots to destroy titans at a distance, hide behind friendly titans and shoot above them (hover) or in any gap you can find.
Be careful when using your core ability, when facing a titan or more it's usually a suicide move since they'll be shooting at you all along. Either use it in the confusion of a general titan fight, or just to clear a space full of grunts and pilots.
Some would suggest using the tether traps with nuclear eject to force mutual titan destruction. It does work, but since Northstar is terrible at short range it's a high risk strategy.

Revas

I've played a ton of games today where turrets are placed around common areas and down hallways and it's dumb. So yes. Turrets, really.

I've played a ton of games today where turrets are placed around common areas and down hallways and it's dumb. So yes. Turrets, really.
Did you die? Serious question. I've died probably less than 10 times to turrents and im halfway to gen 4. I always make it my goal to destroy them. They are slow and easy to spot. Flank or if you have cloak, phase or stim you can rush them head on. 1 punch and they die. They can hold down an area if there are multiples and pilots swarming but that's the point. They only last 60 secs and are pretty easy to take out. If you struggle with turrents, pilots must be a nightmare. Just change up they way you approach them it is easy to get behind them. Having to adjust your tactics mid fight, keeps it fresh.

Am I alone in liking Crash Site? Everyone I talk to seems to hate that map.

You're not alone, but probably in the minority. I think it could be a strong map in a different game, but doesn't suit the mechanics of TitanFall 2 very well. Limited opportunities to make real use of mobility and the channels are so confined, you've basically got single-file lines of Titans running into each other.

All that said, if they ever introduce a horde mode, I think this map could work well for it.

Keihart

The Anti-Rodeo measures is really bullshit cause there is no way to know when it's on.

I think the smoke is a cue that is active? you can jump as soon as you see it and make them waste it.

Being using evolved control scheme...still can't get completely used to it, i'm getting destroyed now but i see the potential in aiming and jumping without letting go of the stick

Game <x> balanced my favorite overpowered weapon and now it's ruined forever!
What's the most op gun in TF2 ? Ask 10 people and you will get a variety of answers. Hell, my fav gun changes on a daily basis. Started with car, then g2, then hemlock, the volt, then alternator, now im all about the eva 8.

Revas

Did you die? Serious question. I've died probably less than 10 times to turrents and im halfway to gen 4. I always make it my goal to destroy them. They are slow and easy to spot. Flank or if you have cloak, phase or stim you can rush them head on. 1 punch and they die. They can hold down an area if there are multiples and pilots swarming but that's the point. They only last 60 secs and are pretty easy to take out. If you struggle with turrents, pilots must be a nightmare. Just change up they way you approach them it is easy to get behind them. Having to adjust your tactics mid fight, keeps it fresh.

My point is that I don't think that they mesh well with this game. I don't like turrets. I don't find them hard to defeat, I don't like that they are a thing is this game.

I think the smoke is a cue that is active? you can jump as soon as you see it and make them waste it.

Being using evolved control scheme...still can't get completely used to it, i'm getting destroyed now but i see the potential in aiming and jumping without letting go of the stick
Switched to evolved for the gauntlet. I just got used to melee on the face buttons and still get outpunched in a panick. Slide is too good on R3, though

Alx

I'm actually surprised at the effectiveness of turrets... I often get many pilot kills when I place one (usually in a high position, with as much visibility on open spaces as possible), but rarely get killed by them. I think they're mostly punishing players moving slowly, so it's a good thing all around since it increases the importance of the mobility.

Sorry, I asked this before, but I don't think I got any responses.

I can't set a network as active without removing it, then adding it again via the website (it automatically sets the new network to active)

Anyone else have this issue?

Team Advocate for Life :(

How do you kill with it?

I tried it but it's utterly useless D:
If you stick someone with it, it's a OHKO. Stick to close or medium ranges and use movement to allow yourself a couple tries to line up the shot (or kill them with the splash damage of your missed shots). ADS with it shows the trajectory of the grenade (even without Ordnance Expert), which helps a lot.

renzolama

What's the most op gun in TF2 ? Ask 10 people and you will get a variety of answers. Hell, my fav gun changes on a daily basis. Started with car, then g2, then hemlock, the volt, then alternator, now im all about the eva 8.

Personally I think the guns are relatively balanced, but that doesn't mean they couldn't use some minor tweaking. I was responding to the statement that games should never be balanced after release because they're already "perfect." That's an irrational fear; balancing is a critical part of every multiplayer shooter, nobody ever gets it perfectly right the first or twentieth time.

Argonomic

Titanfall intro: nothing is more agile than the pilot!

Titanfall multi: big bulky pilot wearing bearskin everywhere

Totally unrelated to bulky cloak Pilot, we explored many different ideas during Titanfall 2 dev. Only the best made it in, but in proper "use the whole buffalo" fashion, we did find creative ways to reuse those assets.

Totally unrelated.

I'm actually surprised at the effectiveness of turrets... I often get many pilot kills when I place one (usually in a high position, with as much visibility on open spaces as possible), but rarely get killed by them. I think they're mostly punishing players moving slowly, so it's a good thing all around since it increases the importance of the mobility.
Yeah, the kind of force you to use your abilities and movement skills in conjunction with map knowledge in order to take them out. If you are camping or predictable, you will die. I also see people engaging them head on in a fire fight and they usually lose to the turret or pilots who take advantage of the distraction. Just because you don't like something doesnt mean it should be cut. If have fun using turrets and put them to good use, who cares. There honestly, isn't much that i find annoying in this game besides pilots with godlike movement skills or godlike ronins. Even then, it's more jealousy , lol. Actually a team of 6 tones definitely annoys me but i still try my best to destroy them

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Cloak change incoming (ish).

IMO, it should be "Snipers: Current method (thereby allowing them to play stealth). Everyone else: As soon as they fire a bullet, the cooldown starts and cloak is turned off. Similar to the campaign way, IIRC."

Phase Shift should also have a bit longer (or less disorientating) duration. You can't cross the roads if you use it defensively. So I can understand the current duration for offensively, but geez.

Calderc

Totally unrelated to bulky cloak Pilot, we explored many different ideas during Titanfall 2 dev. Only the best made it in, but in proper "use the whole buffalo" fashion, we did find creative ways to reuse those assets.

Totally unrelated.

So BT was once rockin' a bearskin scarf huh?

IMO, it should be "Snipers: Current method (thereby allowing them to play stealth). Everyone else: As soon as they fire a bullet, the cooldown starts and cloak is turned off. Similar to the campaign way, IIRC."

Phase Shift should also have a bit longer (or less disorientating) duration. You can't cross the roads if you use it defensively. So I can understand the current duration for offensively, but geez.
Im not sure anyone would pick it, then. I think a good place to star is increasing cooldown or decreasing duration. But we will have to wait and see what's up.

Kalentan

I mean yeah, you can tell when it's active, but there's no way to know if the titan has it ready to use the moment you get on them.

Top Bottom