• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Alx

Playing Northstar again after spending some time with Ronin. I'm pretty sure his full charged shot could destroy Tone and Legion shields in one shot, now they're more resilient. Too bad, I loved being the annoying guy removing all protections as soon as they appear. :p

Phionoxx

Got the trophy for placing top 3 on the gauntlet finally after trying to shave off 4 seconds for the longest time. Great feeling to get it! Had to watch a YouTube video to see the path to be following.

I feel like the platinum is in reach now which is exciting.

B3N1

??

it was fine for me
There is a bug, when the counter shows 5/6, and none can be found on the locations. (I'm 70% certain, that I picked up all of them on 1st playthrough, but could be that one just doesn't show).

If it won't get fixed, I might just delete my save, I guess mp stats will be kept. As I've read on youtube, starting a new game doesn't help.

Dez_

Opinions on the LSTAR?

I seem to like LMGs in this... any definitive weapon rankings or generalized even?

Frothy has an overview on most of the pilot weapons, in case you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-DcNp0Y-4Y

I don't find the Lstar to be a very useful weapon. Since it isn't hitscan, that makes it pretty difficult to use reliably. I have the same issue with the SMR, but I tend to have more fun running around with it. People seem to be pretty positive about the Devotion, so that might be one to look into.

Argonomic

There is a bug, when the counter shows 5/6, and none can be found on the locations. (I'm 70% certain, that I picked up all of them on 1st playthrough, but could be that one just doesn't show).

If it won't get fixed, I might just delete my save, I guess mp stats will be kept. As I've read on youtube, starting a new game doesn't help.

I'll find out what is going on.

Legions has still not learned to stop shooting me when I have my vortex shield up. I collect all their bullets, then fire back. It always takes their shields down plus damage, and then I can just wail away as they desperately try to back up....very....slowly.

Head.spawn

Any possible way to speed up Origin downloads other than the typical shit spread around the internet (EACore.ini, Google DNS, OpenDNS, powercycled modem, flushdns, static IP, run as admin, etc etc)...

It's seriously so slow I'm about to just cancel the download and get a refund. It's been over two hours now and I'm at 23%.

Gator86

Legions has still not learned to stop shooting me when I have my vortex shield up. I collect all their bullets, then fire back. It always takes their shields down plus damage, and then I can just wail away as they desperately try to back up....very....slowly.

Enh, it depends on the context. An Ion has to be at close range to land the return most of the time so it's usually not an issue. If you stop shooting because of the shield, that Ion will put it down, recharge energy, and shoot you. Essentially, you're a hostage in that scenario. Forcing him to use every last bit of energy assures no more shield and no lasers. Playing shield chicken also gives that Ion time to establish superior position and get help. A lot of times, it's better to just burn through the shield. It's way less cut and dry than don't shoot the vortex shield.

Feels so good
EFzSkZ7.gif

jadedm17

Thank you Best Buy Deal of the Day :
~30 minutes into the campaign and I fucking love it.

Note : 2015's SP FPS Doom didnt grab me. (Admittedly my backlog of games I gave an hour or two of my time then have ignored is solid and growing. Gaming ADD I'd say.)

I love how seamless the first shot of a Titan coming to kill you is at the start, that was not expected.

I can tell I'm in for a wild ride so thank you many voices of GAF - and many Titanfall threads - so pushing me to get this sooner than later.

jadedm17

Thank you Best Buy Deal of the Day :
~30 minutes into the campaign and I fucking love it.

Note : 2015's SP FPS Doom didnt grab me.

I love how seamless the first shot of a Titan coming to kill you is at the start, that was not expected.

I can tell I'm in for a wild ride so thank you many voices of GAF - and many Titanfall threads - so pushing me to get this sooner than later.

This game is too much fun. I stayed up ultra late and was a smiling fool the whole time. Bless this game!

This is what its all about : Pure joy.
It's why I love Gears of War : Even death I'm smiling and laughing; Games like COD don't give me that anymore. (I'm 29 for reference.)

Enh, it depends on the context. An Ion has to be at close range to land the return most of the time so it's usually not an issue. If you stop shooting because of the shield, that Ion will put it down, recharge energy, and shoot you. Essentially, you're a hostage in that scenario. Forcing him to use every last bit of energy assures no more shield and no lasers. Playing shield chicken also gives that Ion time to establish superior position and get help. A lot of times, it's better to just burn through the shield. It's way less cut and dry than don't shoot the vortex shield.

Fair enough.

I usually have dash core equipped so in instances where I use all my energy and he's still alive, I get behind cover and bait him, buy some time for recharge, since his movement speed is so slow.

Dealing damage with the vortex shield also seems to add a ton to the core timer too, so in many cases I have a laser ready to go or very close to it after volleying the shots back.

Its a shame the player base is already kinda small. I mean the game is far from dead but compared to its main rival its pretty low. The reason its a shame is despite myself finding it just OK and i doubt i will play online that much, it does however do everything COD does but better. It feels like the game that CoD prob should have evolved into. I just personally feel burned out in these kind od shooters i guess. Hell even bf1 which i think is an amazing bf game i play 1 or 2 matches then do something else.

Not sure what EA can do to stop the force that is CoD. Its seems unlikely both can survive with the same release schedule as they are similar in a lot of ways. BF is different enough for it to not be an issue i would say. Attracts a different playerbase.

Anyway enough of that. Deapite me not feeling the addiction i can see why it grabs others. Has some really great moments. One tonight was simply taking out a titan, then as one behind me sent me into doomed mode i spin round, dash in, eject for nuke core, then mid air switch to mag nades and finish him off. If i was playin this 5 years ago i could see my self getting hooked.

jadedm17

I just personally feel burned out in these kind od shooters i guess.

At 29 I'm feeling burned out by multiplayer shooters in general : The player base is 60-70% to blame, with crappy spawns and insane design choices rounding out the other 30-40%. The campaign being so refreshing is why I'm enjoying this game; Tomb Raider and Last of Us Remastered have been my favorite experiences this generation.

I'll never stop loving multiplayer shooters but the random aspect of people just not being idiots (see: playing an objective mode and actually scoring the objective, or not running the middle route 5 times to death in a row) has made me feel the multiplayer highs arent worth the multiplayer lows. (If you stick with your team, run the outside perimeter and stay decently covered but suck you're cool in my book; If you're playing a King of the Hill and on the opposite side of the map then fuck you.)

Is there a better level in this game than "Effect and Cause"? Finished that level today and that level is instant legendary status

I like the one where you start out in your Titan approaching a base that your soldiers are defending, then takes you underground, then back above ground into a construction zone, then back to your Titan, and then a bunch of Titan combat. Felt like it was a great mix of all the elements that makes TitanFall great, plus some neat traversal puzzles.

....I tried to make that as unspoilery as I could...

Zemm

Kills post evacuation don't appear on the scoreboard but they still count in the stats (at least they did in 1)

I know that, I'm talking right in the first minute or two of the game. I've tested it/seen it in many games and the stats are way out of whack a lot of the time,

Gator86

Fair enough.

I usually have dash core equipped so in instances where I use all my energy and he's still alive, I get behind cover and bait him, buy some time for recharge, since his movement speed is so slow.

Dealing damage with the vortex shield also seems to add a ton to the core timer too, so in many cases I have a laser ready to go or very close to it after volleying the shots back.

Yeah, it's a great dynamic that forces players to make a lot of choices. I always grimace when I see teammates just cease all activity upon the sight of a vortex shield. There's times when that's a good thing and definitely times when not.

At 29 I'm feeling burned out by multiplayer shooters in general : The player base is 60-70% to blame, with crappy spawns and insane design choices rounding out the other 30-40%. The campaign being so refreshing is why I'm enjoying this game; Tomb Raider and Last of Us Remastered have been my favorite experiences this generation.

I'll never stop loving multiplayer shooters but the random aspect of people just not being idiots (see: playing an objective mode and actually scoring the objective, or not running the middle route 5 times to death in a row) has made me feel the multiplayer highs arent worth the multiplayer lows. (If you stick with your team, run the outside perimeter and stay decently covered but suck you're cool in my book; If you're playing a King of the Hill and on the opposite side of the map then fuck you.)

Its why i like bf1. And to clear that up i like bf1 operations. War pigeons is amusing and the rest is boring as fuck. Seen it all a million times before. But operations its a cool new idea and im really enjoying it.

Titan fall 2 is new to me i guess but not new enough. I dont really get hooked to any online shooters any more. Prob a symptom of being 34, married and with a kid.

Also i miss the good old days of unreal and quake. No unlocks. Just pure perfect gameplay. But a multiplayer game seems to need a large amount of unlocks to survive these days. Even overwatch had to do the random cosmetic thing so people have that carrot.

I would love to think i can play tf2 on and off over the next year or two as my fast pace multiplayer shooter but sadly i cant see its playerbase staying high enough for that to be feasible.

Dubz

Campaign on Master is intense and I've just started. This will be the first SP game I will play twice in a long fucking time.

Gator86

Man, I really wish there was a way to buy the deluxe edition goodies separately. I really regret not buying that edition to begin with.

Same. They made a terrific game so I don't mind throwing them some extra cash, especially considering they're not trying to nickel and dime the player base. Goddamn, I hate loot crates.

OMG TONE OP UR A SCUMBAG ODY

Just doing my part to get Tone nerfed

Man, I really wish there was a way to buy the deluxe edition goodies separately. I really regret not buying that edition to begin with.

Absolutely nope. I bought the DD at full price and I want to feel special :p

I do hope they bring in new models for the other Titans. Ion and Scorch Prime look cool, but would like to see the rest get some new bling as well.

God I love Tone. Theres nothing better then acquiring a lock-on on a Titan behind cover and then firing your rockets off aim (far to the left, right or above) and having the rockets veer around the corner and hitting your target.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Amen to that. I play Tone a lot (yeah, yeah) which makes Legion and Ronin the bane of my existence. Legions shield and minigun are a fucking nightmare. And if a good Ronin closes the distance, I'm hooped as far as close range tactics go. Would I ever want them nerfed though? Hell no. It would make Tone an even bigger asshole.

Yep. Every Titan has a counter. I died a lot by Legion, Tone, etc. I also counter enemy Titans. People just use one Titan and expect it to be the end-all, be-all answer. It won't and can't, as it shouldn't.

Legion doesn't feel as OP as people said he is, what's the 'correct' way to use him?

He got a nerf, and that was during the first week. :)

I think this is the best game I've ever played in terms of usable variety of weapons.

I agree. I play a LOT of BF and CoD, and TF2's slate of weapons aren't that many, but most are viable -- as in, stuff you'd use regularly.

]Legion isn't OP at all. He's Bastion from Overwatch. Bad people get obliterated by him and good people don't [/B]unless the pilot is equally or better skilled. He's the slowest Titan, his shield locks you into ADS, he has only straight line damage, etc. When I'm playing Ronin I sprint at every Legion I see immediately knowing it's an easy kill unless they're especially good. Ion forces him into weird stalemates where neither can shoot. Scorch can melt him in second unless they're rolling with dash core, Tone doesn't break a sweat versus anyone.

Legion is almost entirely positioning. You want to be in places with good line of sight to multiple areas, limit potential flanking avenues, learn the tiny peaking places where you can shred a Titan's knees without exposing yourself at all. A Legion just loping down the middle of a lane is usually just a free kill who heard Legion was easy to use.

All of this is based on attrition. I couldn't speak to him in other modes.

Yep, agreed. When I see a Legion with his shield up and I play as Ronin? It's eating time since one Arc Wave and he can't even spin around fast enough without taking a TON of damage. :D

We are almost at as many post, as concurrent active players on ps4.

This makes me sad.

I was playing earlier, and there was close to 15K people online. I honestly am OK with that. Can't compare this to CoD or BF since those two are super established franchises. TF2 is the franchise's first multi-console release.

Its a shame the player base is already kinda small. I mean the game is far from dead but compared to its main rival its pretty low. The reason its a shame is despite myself finding it just OK and i doubt i will play online that much, it does however do everything COD does but better. It feels like the game that CoD prob should have evolved into. I just personally feel burned out in these kind od shooters i guess. Hell even bf1 which i think is an amazing bf game i play 1 or 2 matches then do something else.

Not sure what EA can do to stop the force that is CoD. Its seems unlikely both can survive with the same release schedule as they are similar in a lot of ways. BF is different enough for it to not be an issue i would say. Attracts a different playerbase.

Anyway enough of that. Deapite me not feeling the addiction i can see why it grabs others. Has some really great moments. One tonight was simply taking out a titan, then as one behind me sent me into doomed mode i spin round, dash in, eject for nuke core, then mid air switch to mag nades and finish him off. If i was playin this 5 years ago i could see my self getting hooked.

See above. :) Regarding CoD, EA kinda "won" in a way due IW being as badly accepted as it is. Steam has it at par with TF2 in terms of players (which is bad for a super big franchise -- even if it never does as well on PC), and the biggest telling point, I think? No press release from Activision regarding IW sales, profits, earnings etc for the first week. Usually, we (press) get a press release after the first 24-48 hours announcing how much it earned (not units sold), etc.

And yeah, I agree. TF2 is the natural evolution of CoD, which is a given since the franchise was created by the Respawn people. Funny that Acti didn't want then-Infinity Ward to make their own game, but ended up kinda copying what they did with their succeeding ones, no?

I know that, I'm talking right in the first minute or two of the game. I've tested it/seen it in many games and the stats are way out of whack a lot of the time,

Doesn't happen to me (Attrition). o_O I get a kill, I see it on the scoreboard.

Indeed. It's bizarre that the one game I actually want to throw more money at, has not introduced a way to throw more money at them. I mean, stop being so good, Respawn!

I gather, we'll soon see premium camos, skins soon enough. I'll buy a few since I want to support that no Season Pass DLC model.

And man, your GAF username and avatar made me laugh a bit. Like, seriously, some might be too old to remember Duck Tales, but LOL!. :D

SwolBro

Banned
Tone is fine. The only thing I'd probably do to him is remove that sonar from marking Titans.

i've been saying this since day 1, i don't know why Respawn is so stubborn with this change.

the main issue with tone outside of the 40 just being really easy to use is the fact that she can constantly be damaging you from any distance. there is no break in damage, she constantly chips away health.

Sonar doesn't seem that bad. It paints one more marker that you'd otherwise get with a regular round. It's useful for acquiring intel on a small area that lasts for about 5 seconds or less.

It's useful. But fair imo.

Edit:
Anyone else wish Titans would remain stationery by default though? Hate fetching a battery and losing my titan.

Top Bottom