• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
So... Casuals don't understand when Tone can apply a Sonar...

also

DwmC3FG.gif
My first goose of my Titanfall 2 career, lol. Normally I'd say WTF Respawn with the cross-pond matchmaking but for this I make an exception. Hi Izuna, gg.

qGPluif.gif

LTS in this game is fucking amazing btw. Just freakin' awesome. So much better than the original. 10/10 shit. The battery mechanic really shines through.

Played the first few levels of the campaign, really loving it. It's giving me that same sense of awe the original Halo campaign did on my first time through.

Izuna

Banned
My first goose of my Titanfall 2 career, lol. Normally I'd say WTF Respawn with the cross-pond matchmaking but for this I make an exception. Hi Izuna, gg.

qGPluif.gif

LTS in this game is fucking amazing btw. Just freakin' awesome. So much better than the original. 10/10 shit. The battery mechanic really shines through.

haha

I'm salty af. My first game of LTS and it's freaking Post and Pegasus. You couldn't hear our party but I was swearing at that. GGs though, we got fucking slaughtered.

Yeah, is there any way to remove it?

Lower that brightness setting so far down you'll wonder if it's supposed to be that dark.

Izuna

Banned
I've been floating between 80-110 attrition points in games. I can't "carry" like in Bounty Hunt or R1 Attrition. The ability to out-manoeuvre everything is practically gone imo.

Like, I can go positive, but I can't really get something like +20 in my Titan unless the other team is dumb enough to leave an entire Reaper spawn.

I'm going to play Scorch for a moment.

Animator

God bless those pubbies who play this like cod just running around never using pilot mobility. Makes me feel like spiderman going after garden variety thugs.

Jesus I love the Ronin Titan with all my heart. Phase walking thru particle shields and coming up behind a Titan to beat the shit out of him with my sword is really fucking gratifying. I am loving this game so far. Now to wait until Saturday so me and some of my buds can play LTS!

Gator86

Great first night of play. People are terrible as fuck right now given the game just launched and most people didn't have access to TF1, so it's fun to just beat down an entire team of titans single-handedly. I wonder how the longevity will be for this. I've already unlocked almost everything I'm going to use the rest of the way and I'm level 10. I wish Respawn had put some effort into the skins. They look almost universally terrible so I have no desire to customize my titan either. Luckily, the core gameplay is really fun. Going to waste a ton of time playing this over the weekend.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
haha

I'm salty af. My first game of LTS and it's freaking Post and Pegasus. You couldn't hear our party but I was swearing at that. GGs though, we got fucking slaughtered.

Post had himself a Legion round on the left side, it was pretty hilarious. He was begging for help the whole time, but they all challenged him to 1v1s. The rest of us were left with like a 3v1 on you because of that.

BTW, seems like invite friends still does nothing, and you have to requeue every time with your network buddies to stay in a game together? Kind of shocked that hasn't been fixed. At least the crazy lag I had the first 2-3 matches cleared up, now running very very smoothly.

Lucifon

Really hyped after reading some of the comments. Must admit I was only cautiously optimistic after the beta. I'll be picking it up on XB1 today. The misses is out for the night so I have a full night of TF2 planned :D

Izuna

Banned
Post had himself a Legion round on the left side, it was pretty hilarious. He was begging for help the whole time, but they all challenged him to 1v1s.

BTW, seems like invite friends still does nothing, and you have to requeue every time with your network buddies to stay in a game together? Kind of shocked that hasn't been fixed. At least the crazy lag I had the first 2-3 matches cleared up, now running very very smoothly.

Invite friend worked for me us. Invite Network is the one that is only active for one game. Or maybe the whole system is just bugged.

Screenshot-Original.png

GG Hispanicguy ;)

xviper

how is the leveling up system ?? did they bring back the normal XP leveling system ??

the beta had no XP and in order to level up you have to do challenged which is boring to me

Yeah, it's impossible to carry Attrition now. I had an attrition game earlier where I got 138 points, and everyone else on my team had under 30. We lost by around 50 points.

The biggest thing is that you can't really keep an entire team of Titans at bay easily. In R1, I could poke some 40mm shots, run off, Smoke + Cluster Missile choke points, and repeat. Now, I just hope I can get a couple shots off and get away without losing a huge chunk of my health.

I guess that's why I'm enjoying Bounty Hunt so much. That game is literally designed to allow you to carry; if you're not dying and killing the enemy team, you're bound to pick up most of the bonus cash floating around.

Jesus I love the Ronin Titan with all my heart. Phase walking thru particle shields and coming up behind a Titan to beat the shit out of him with my sword is really fucking gratifying. I am loving this game so far. Now to wait until Saturday so me and some of my buds can play LTS!
Yep, I'm never gonna touch any other Titans at this rate. I chased down a Northstar earlier and it was so hilarious seeing him try to get away from my Sword Core.

Waldini

Can someone please tell me if the game has improved since the BETA? I know Attrition was added as a game-mode ... but did Respawn Entertainment change anything from the beta? I know there were alot of complaints.

Want to buy this game ... but the beta left a nasty taste in my mouth.

Fueyfu

Neo Member
I can't find a way on PS4 to check stats or challenges, is it here or does it appear after a certain level. Of course I could just be dumb and completely missing the option?

So what's the general consensus from you guys? Played beta wasn't feeling it too much mostly due to ttk, but a good sp always has me interested.

Spent several hours playing the SP. Loving it so far. Looking forward to diving into the MP as well. Everything just feels fantastic so far. YMMV, obviously, since you weren't a huge fan of the tech test. I wound up falling for the game on week 2 of that test though, after the changes.

KonradLaw

I;ve heard the pc version has Denuvo. Anyone knows if it covers the language files? Here in Poland the game only has polish dubbing (both the retail and Origin version) which sucks. There's a file general_polish.mstr and usually if one replaces it with english version it should turn on english language, but I wonder i Denuvo will allow that.

Chris1

I can't find a way on PS4 to check stats or challenges, is it here or does it appear after a certain level. Of course I could just be dumb and completely missing the option?
Rayme said a few pages back the stats are being tracked it's just not in the game yet. Will probably get added soon.

Now that Microsoft in particular seems way more open about cross-network play, and it's still-limited use in games such as Rocket League, would it be a good move (and even possible at all) for Titanfall 2 servers to just merge together across platforms to guarantee a more steady player base in the face of doubts that it'll sustain?
during the tech test someone from respawn said on reddit they wanted to do cross play but someone was stopping them. Based on history probably Sony. I doubt it'll ever be crossplay with pc though it'd be too unfair with mkb

JonnyKong

In the three hours I played last night I really loved my time with it. It's the kind of game that reminds you why you love playing games in the first place, it's so smooth, fun, and the weapons, ma gawd, those sound effects. I've been very impressed by the couple of hours I've put into the campaign so far.

I managed an hour on multiplayer and it sure is a blast. I adore how frantic and fast it all this when you're trying to shoot people whilst wallrunning.

My only gripe so far, and I don't think it is a gripe to be honest it's probably just me being rubbish, is that when you're a pilot I find the anti titan weapons useless, they barely make a dent in their health bar. Am I doing something wrong? Are there other decent techniques of what I can do as a pilot to help take down the titan? I know about the whole rodeo, taking out the battery thing, but I didn't manage to get close enough to the titans to do that last night. I'm new to this franchise so I'm still learning the ropes. I assume my anti titan weapon will get better with more unlocks.

Izuna

Banned
Dude, thats a Bounty Titan - they have way more health than a normal Titan. Of course a simple Rodeo is ineffective. Their health is tuned so that several players are emptying large amounts of ammunition into them lol.

Opponent Titans don't have THAT much more health. Anyway it's not like you can even do something like this around real opponents anyway. I miss how you could fuck up Auto Titans with a Slammer ;)

Also Electric Smoke does 0 damage against Titans now ;(

ElRenoRaven

so I've played a few levels into campaign and I'm really liking it but man I'm getting too old for the acrobatic stuff. Still I'm enjoying it though without a doubt.

Top Bottom