• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

black070

Between this, Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare Remastered - I won't have time for anything else, which is actually quite refreshing since it's kept me from picking up any of the other single player only titles I'be been interested in day one, which will drop down in price by Christmas.

Bloody hell, Eurogamer absolutely loved it and gave it an Essential award:

To actually go into detail about the specific gameplay tricks and one-shot gimmicks that Titanfall 2 employs would be doing an injustice to anyone looking forward to ploughing through the game, but the one constant that ran through my mind as I played was 'this is like a Nintendo game'. Or, should that be, a Nintendo game developed by the hands and minds behind Call Of Duty at its finest.

Like the best Mario games, Titanfall 2 picks a trick, themes an entire level around it, and then drops it the second it threatens to become overfamiliar. And just like Mario, it's all backed up by those rock-solid fundamentals that mean when you are just in firefights, or are asked to navigate a chasm using wall-running, everything feels nigh-on flawless.

The raw mechanics of Titanfall 2's shooting, and the combination of Pilot and Titan gameplay and the scale changes that leads to would be enough to sustain a serviceable campaign, but clearly Respawn isn't interested in being simply serviceable. There's some of Half Life 2's DNA here - not necessarily in how it feels in the hand, but in the variety of environments, playstyles and even the connections you make with the other characters. In particular, between you (the so-dull-the-name-has-to-be-deliberate Jack Cooper), and your Half Life 2 DOG by another name, BT.

Much of the prerelease talk about Titanfall 2's campaign focused on the relationship between Pilot and titan, which sounded pretty weird at the time. By leaning on all the right buddy-movie tropes, though, and executing each one with panache and - crucially - brevity, Titanfall 2's succeeds in making you care about a twenty-foot robot more than I've cared about almost any action game character in recent times.

Nothing in the story is original - it's all seasoned tropes used effectively - but how rare is it to play through a first-person shooter where you actually know what's happening, let alone one where you give a damn.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-28-titanfall-2-review

Running on PC with 1060. Trying to change the resolution from what it defaulted to (2560x1440) to 1080p. Keeps going back to desktop and the settings are not sticking. Any ideas? Thanks!

Septic360

Banned
Bloody hell, Eurogamer absolutely loved it and gave it an Essential award:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-10-28-titanfall-2-review

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEE

giphy.gif

grmlin

I loved TF so much but stopped playing it because the playerbase on PC was so small.

I don't want to play a MP shooter on a console anymore but would love to give it a try on PC. Too bad there is no trial for origin access :(

Mr. Tibbs

I'm only about an hour into the campaign, but already this feels ridiculously satisfying to play. Level design, movement, and weapon feedback are just sublime. Great work, Respawn! Can't wait to play more tomorrow.

Damn, these reviews and impressions... work today is going to last a bajillion hours! Added my name to the spreadsheet, looking forward to playing with TitanGAF! About to Ronin it up!

Lren

After a full night's sleep, trying out the PS4 version. So far, so good! Noticing only minor hitches compared to my PC, though I am REALLY liking how a controller feels.

ZehDon

Just made it through the
testing facility level, and the battle with Ash.
. Damn. Damn.. The campaign is solid.

Sanjuro

Why couldn't EA just combine this game in Battlefield 1? I want WW1 Titans and whistles.

Great to hear the single player campaign isn't garbage.

razzel

Wow, was so hyped after reviews but attrition just sucks compared to TF1. TTK still too low, too long to get a Titan, very few grunt...it's still a COD clone. Ugh, sooooo disappointed!

J_Viper

This might be too early to tell, but how is the PC community going, in terms of size?

Are you guys finding matches quickly?

If population is a problem there, I might have to buy another Xbone for this.

Feeroper

Do you guys think that Xbox will have a bigger player population for this vs PS4 given that the first was an Xbox console exclusive?

I pre-ordered for PS4 but wonder if I should have for Xbox instead? I assume the PS4 will be a better performer technically.

RedFury

Damn this thread is moving fast. For those that got their game already and eager to join the network I can open it if people request it. It's my understanding that you can only invite in game and I won't pick up my copy until after work. Let me know guys/gals. If the ability to invite from the online page is possible now let me know.

NuKERxyz

Do you guys think that Xbox will have a bigger player population for this vs PS4 given that the first was an Xbox console exclusive?

I pre-ordered for PS4 but wonder if I should have for Xbox instead? I assume the PS4 will be a better performer technically.

Buy where your friends will play.

ZehDon

Ok, wow. So, we have
high speed movement, rock solid shooting, well executed story, grity sci-fi AND time travel mechanics?/
. This campaign, man. Wasn't expecting something this good.

Had a good time playing last night. They fixed some of the issues from the beta. I have three main concerns though.

1. Legion is ridiculous.
2. Titans are completely invincible when doing executions. Why? This is so dumb. I hope this is some kind of glitch they plan on fixing.
3. You cant stay in the same lobby anymore. Game ends, you go back to matchmaking. Another seemingly pointless change.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
I know it's release day and all, but how are populations on the PS4 looking?

My only fear is that this game somehow dies out as fast as TF1 did.

Vortex566

Woah call me impressed! The single player campaign is just outstanding and it's so much fun to play. I feel like I'm playing Mirrors Edge on speed and with huge robots.

Mupod

GMG keys coming within the hour! almost time. need to play that campaign, you guys are getting me too hyped.

Good to hear, I wasn't worried about them getting keys in before I actually had time to play but jesus they have a lot of pissed off customers who are used to getting keys early.

I don't even know if we get the preorder bonuses or not.

Keasar

So.

They made Titans overall weaker by removing the shield. And then they made the Titans less disposable, harder and slower to get by removing the A.I on modes like Hardpoint so you can't gather Titan meter when not standing still like an idiot for 30 seconds on a point amping it.

Smart.

E92 M3

I know it's release day and all, but how are populations on the PS4 looking?

My only fear is that this game somehow dies out as fast as TF1 did.

PS4 population will be significantly less than XBOX. On the other hand, the PS4 crowd is easy pickings for Titanfall vets.

Respawn, thanks for the great game.

One ask: could you save the Server selection on reboot?

I have the same ping to London and Belgium but want to stick to UK. It defaults to Belgium on reboot.

Thanks!

Obviously it's no real indication of how it's doing, but I was surprised to see the PS4 version has sold out on the The Game Collection. It'll be interesting to compare PS4 and Xbox numbers.

3Dprinted

Neo Member
Game shipped. These 2 words alone fail to convey all the late nights, the fear, exhaustion, pain, anxiety and frustration that were part of the process, but at the end of the day, if it helped bring just a little joy, a little sunlight into the player's life... That's probably worth it.

To all the players out there. Thank you for choosing our game. We live in a time where a million different games are all jostling for your money and time, and I'm grateful you've chosen to spend some of yours on mine.

Thanks to the team for the passion and the effort to bring it to life! And the free season pass in this day and age is almost unbelievable! Hope it sells like GTAV ;)

Gator86

Rayme said a few pages back the stats are being tracked it's just not in the game yet. Will probably get added soon.

during the tech test someone from respawn said on reddit they wanted to do cross play but someone was stopping them. Based on history probably Sony. I doubt it'll ever be crossplay with pc though it'd be too unfair with mkb

How do you launch a MP game without stuff like this? The game seems fucking barren. There's no stat tracking, challenges, practice mode, test range, or any other features you figure they might have added. It's the bare minimum in this way.

Top Bottom