• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

Game <x> balanced my favorite overpowered weapon and now it's ruined forever!

Strong logic there, son.

Cloak change incoming (ish).

Hopefully, it doesn't end up useless - my go to skill for Titan slaying. Can you tell us what's changing?

DO the opposite of everything Trace wants. It's not fair he gets to love everything

It's been so long I played a game where everything is useful. Would hate to see that go away.

I think this is the best game I've ever played in terms of usable variety of weapons.

100% agree; it's amazing.

Sonar doesn't seem that bad. It paints one more marker that you'd otherwise get with a regular round. It's useful for acquiring intel on a small area that lasts for about 5 seconds or less.

It's useful. But fair imo.

Edit:
Anyone else wish Titans would remain stationery by default though? Hate fetching a battery and losing my titan.

Turn on "Guard Mode" by pressing down on the D-pad ;)

Keihart

Adding to the reply about Auto Titans moving, the order has memory, so if you change it to guard mode it will stay like that as you get in and out of the titan, at least thats handy.

I've saved my titan from nuclear ejections with follow mode but i wish there were more actions to cordinate with them, it's really fun when worrking as a team with them(auto titans) works.

Skenzin

Banned
Picked this up for $29 at walmart and can't stop playing the MP. Plays so smooth and a soupy mix of Halo, COD, Shogo, Tribes, Red Faction 2, and it all works beautifully.

Berzerkiymc

Neo Member
Just beat the campaign. I was expecting something decent to kill time till dishonored 2 is properly patched.

I did not expect such a fantastic single player. To think what Titanfall 3 could be like...

I wasn't ready.

Was in a game today on PC (happy hour) and there was a player with the name "spin to win" (repeated) who was at 57-0 kills, teleporting everywhere, spinning non stop in 360s and killing everyone on the other team. obvious hack/bot.

Hopefully Respawn can get a handle on it, they were pretty decent at it on T1 I think putting cheaters into their own lobby to play against each other only but nothing kills a game faster than hackers running rampant.

SwolBro

Banned
Fuck LTS, fuck it right in the ear. I do the most damage to enemy titans but don't get credited with the kill. Bullshit.

But everyone gets to see your contribution. it's not like before where no one knew you were doing shit if you got no kills. most of the time i'm northstar i don't get the kills but i end up chipping the most health off enemy titans.

Was in a game today on PC (happy hour) and there was a player with the name "spin to win" (repeated) who was at 57-0 kills, teleporting everywhere, spinning non stop in 360s and killing everyone on the other team. obvious hack/bot.

Hopefully Respawn can get a handle on it, they were pretty decent at it on T1 I think putting cheaters into their own lobby to play against each other only but nothing kills a game faster than hackers running rampant.
Was this within the last hour? That player was on my team a few hours ago and I was initially worried he was gonna be hacking and aimbotting, but he basically disconnected after a few minutes. Didn't actually witness any hacking but I was hoping he got banned midgame.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But everyone gets to see your contribution. it's not like before where no one knew you were doing shit if you got no kills. most of the time i'm northstar i don't get the kills but i end up chipping the most health off enemy titans.
They should just change the merit objective so that it's deal 30k damage rather than get 2 Titan kills.

Also, yay Cloak nerf. Thank god.

I think losing the cloak once you shoot would be enough to make the ability not completely cheap and overpowered. As it is, the only other real option nowadays is Phase, which somehow is easier to fight against than Cloak.

E92 M3

They should just change the merit objective so that it's deal 30k damage rather than get 2 Titan kills.

Also, yay Cloak nerf. Thank god.

I think losing the cloak once you shoot would be enough to make the ability not completely cheap and overpowered. As it is, the only other real option nowadays is Phase, which somehow is easier to fight against than Cloak.

Phase is not anywhere close to being easier to fight than cloak. Let's just hope the "nerf" doesn't leave it useless.

DeaDPo0L84

I sincerely hope this game gets the support it deserves. I am a huge Battlefield fan and this game has essentially eliminated BF1 from my gaming time. All I want to do is play TF2.

Keihart

I find phase shift to be way better than cloak, but i don't play that much pilot vs pilot, that thing has a whole diferent meta.

Also, i got paired against a full premade team of GENX i think, and oh molly i got stomped, It was pretty humbling, almost no camping tho, they were just better at the game than me.

FStop7

Banned
What on earth happened to the multiplayer over the past week?

Suddenly the matchmaking is really bad. I'm being matched into teams of 3 or 4 vs 6 , which really sucks! And there's more lag than before even though my ping times are unchanged.

no, that'd be complex.

That start-of-the-match sniping is so awful. The fact it's even possible at all. It makes the whole thing a stalemate. I haven't tried that mode on Complex, but it must be equally awful. I think it's the worst game mode of all. With LTS next to it.

Game needs more maps that emphasize the wall running.

Too much open areas, I feel like the maps don't properly make use of the wall running which is the coolest part of the movement.

Would like to see maps that have so many routes you can just wall run all the time and have wallrun fights where everyone who isn't in a titan is wallrunning and shooting people at the same time.

Keihart

I hate some parts of crash site because you get stuck on everything triying to wallrun making it harder than it should be to gain speed. When i can't gain speed i can't use phase shift effectivly to get behind enemy lines and break camping so i end up using stim but it doesn't completlty solve the proble, it just helps me when stuck on geometry.
Eden it's one of my favorites because of how thoughfull is the map with wallruning routes and choke points.

SwolBro

Banned
Game needs more maps that emphasize the wall running.

Too much open areas, I feel like the maps don't properly make use of the wall running which is the coolest part of the movement.

Would like to see maps that have so many routes you can just wall run all the time and have wallrun fights where everyone who isn't in a titan is wallrunning and shooting people at the same time.

the maps are a big let down. for a team of people so used to making amazing maps it's a real shock how bad these are.

So what makes the neta in Pilots v Pilots so different? Never touched it.

No Titan and no AI means Amped Weapons is the only viable boost, focus on pilot killing means survival is your first priority, which leads to the rampant usage of A-Wall, Cloak, Phase Shift and long range weapons because camping and long sight lines is the best way to play the mode. Unless you are REALLY good, running anything close range, going run and gun is pure suicide. Actually it is the same meta as TF1's PvP, and for the same reason nobody plays that mode back then.

SwolBro

Banned
No Titan and no AI means Amped Weapons is the only viable boost, focus on pilot killing means survival is your first priority, which leads to the rampant usage of A-Wall, Cloak, Phase Shift and long range weapons because camping and long sight lines is the best way to play the mode. Unless you are REALLY good, running anything close range, going run and gun is pure suicide.

depends on the map. you can easily run smgs, shotty, and dominate on certain maps but then there are maps like Black Water Canal or homestead where anything other than a g2a or hemlock is impossible.

then there's maps like crash site where cloak and wall dominate.

depends on the map. you can easily run smgs, shotty, and dominate on certain maps but then there are maps like Black Water Canal or homestead where anything other than a g2a or hemlock is impossible.

then there's maps like crash site where cloak and wall dominate.

The only maps that SMG/Shotguns are viable are basically Drydock and MAYBE Eden, and I can't think of anything else.

GoaThief

So what makes the neta in Pilots v Pilots so different? Never touched it.
Try it, it's my favourite mode by a fair margin. Lack of PvE elements and titans results in a fantastic competitive experience but campers can be a big problem whereas they're less effective in other game types. Ticks and the location revealing perks are satisfying to use against them though.

Pilots vs Pilots is pretty much the only mode I touch now. Love it and I'm a mobile rusher/run and gun smg type player. Sometimes you have no choice but to bust out a hemlock though.:(

EL CUCO

Nuclear needs a buff. Maybe make it so that the entire map feels the effects, since only about half of it feels it now.

but I'll settle for removing the invincibility frames

Gator86

Nuclear needs a buff. Maybe make it so that the entire map feels the effects, since only about half of it feels it now.

but I'll settle for removing the invincibility frames

Goddamn, I would love the removal of invincibility frames for nuke. Makes no sense you get invincibility for it.

See, Respawn? Tone is considered cheating

2yW7d7h.jpg

Keihart

i'll check my footage again when i get home but i think that the deployable shield has a weak spot on the ground, i'm pretty sure i've shot at it with the smart pistol and made it dissapear...i'l have to check again, maybe i got confused.

Menitta

I tried out the SMR with autopistol for the first time tonight. I think I really like the SMR. It does a bunch of damage to pilots and it seems ok against Titans. Not noteworthy but at least enough where I could not have an anti-titan weapon.

Also, Tones look like such cowards in-game. Just sayin. They look like cowards.

Same. Barely get the final blow with her but almost always do the most damage.

It'll only work on the UK store.
:(

Goddamn, I would love the removal of invincibility frames for nuke. Makes no sense you get invincibility for it.
And then what? It will be completely useless. It's hard enought to get kill with it/Be killed by it unless trapped in a corner. It's loud, blinding and has a long animation. 1 dash and You're homefree.

Also, are most the cloak complainers coming from pvp? Because a game called titanfall should not be balanced around pvp

Lastly, switched to Ronin tonight and had an absolute blast executing fools before they could nuclear eject

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Fucking hell that final sequence. Whoa.

Went Master on my first playthrough. It was tough, but far more forgiving and less cheap than CoD Veteran.

Now to do a nice cruisy run for collectibles on easy.

Top Bottom