• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

If I don't want to use adaptive resolution, I set it to 0 in the video options?

Is auto aim assist on by default in campaign mode? I can't seem to turn it off. I'm playing with a controller on PC.

Sorry for the noob questions, first time playing.

Regarding high-level gameplay execution, anyone feel they're playing at pretty high levels when it comes to mobility? Able to offer any tips on timing for the slide-jump-slide momentum? I feel that it's obvious that mouse controls make aiming during these maneuvers much easier, but just wondering if it's viable to perform maneuvers like this as a PS4 player, and what kinda tips people who actually pull this kind of stuff off frequently would recommend in terms of timing and practicing?

I play fine -- when I queue up solo, it seems I can reach top 2 on my team very consistently, and I don't feel bad about my current playstyle, but I always watch FrothyOmen's videos on YouTube (I know he plays on PC) and I'm always thinking I want to be just zipping around like him all the time. It's really impressive stuff... I just don't know if a great deal of his execution is lent to keyboard+mouse play (I know his great aim is for sure) or if it's actually viable to get similar techniques mastered on PS4.

Regarding high-level gameplay execution, anyone feel they're playing at pretty high levels when it comes to mobility? Able to offer any tips on timing for the slide-jump-slide momentum? I feel that it's obvious that mouse controls make aiming during these maneuvers much easier, but just wondering if it's viable to perform maneuvers like this as a PS4 player, and what kinda tips people who actually pull this kind of stuff off frequently would recommend in terms of timing and practicing?

I play fine -- when I queue up solo, it seems I can reach top 2 on my team very consistently, and I don't feel bad about my current playstyle, but I always watch FrothyOmen's videos on YouTube (I know he plays on PC) and I'm always thinking I want to be just zipping around like him all the time. It's really impressive stuff... I just don't know if a great deal of his execution is lent to keyboard+mouse play (I know his great aim is for sure) or if it's actually viable to get similar techniques mastered on PS4.

gamesager would be the console equivalent of frothy. I think he has videos on doing that sort of movement on his channel

After 1.5 nights with the game... boy map hack / sonar knife is silly

Maps need work (or just newer, better maps)

Tone is a little bonkers

Alternator is o_O

Having fun overall, had my fair share of good streaks and runs and of course the "well that made no sense"

The campaign is amazing though, still need to finish but WOW, wow wow wow, if we don't get a TF3 it'll be a great loss

Almost have all the primaries to G2... just got the EPG and the Kraber left. I'll have to intersperse games with other guns to keep myself from going crazy.

Count me among the growing numbers of people that would like to be able to select their character model independently of their tactical ability.

At first I thought it was nice knowing that robot is either gonna stim or phase, but at this point, I've got so good at simply reacting to each ability that I don't really need that nano-second waring to adapt or predict what they're going to do.

It's not a huge deal, I like all the character models, but I wouldn't mind having my phase stack look like the badass grapple pilot. :D

Ghazi

Count me among the growing numbers of people that would like to be able to select their character model independently of their tactical ability.

At first I thought it was nice knowing that robot is either gonna stim or phase, but at this point, I've got so good at simply reacting to each ability that I don't really need that nano-second waring to adapt or predict what they're going to do.

It's not a huge deal, I like all the character models, but I wouldn't mind having my phase stack look like the badass grapple pilot. :D

I think it was a good decision to link models to tactical, and I hope it stays that way. I think it's fantastic that you can just look at an enemy and know what they're running.

SwolBro

Banned
I think it was a good decision to link models to tactical, and I hope it stays that way. I think it's fantastic that you can just look at an enemy and know what they're running.

agreed. there's no reason why people need to look "cool" not like they see themselves. plus, it's not like destiny levels of customization so wtf is really the point?

Zemm

Game needs more maps that emphasize the wall running.

Too much open areas, I feel like the maps don't properly make use of the wall running which is the coolest part of the movement.

Would like to see maps that have so many routes you can just wall run all the time and have wallrun fights where everyone who isn't in a titan is wallrunning and shooting people at the same time.

It's no surprise the best maps are Drydock and Eden. Both allow you to get some actual momentum going. Boomtown is OK too. Even then I don't think it's enough.

What set up are people using with Ion?

So far I'm either Dash+Free Mines or Overcore+Grand Cannon.

Also I'm wondering whether Highlander for Ronin is worth it.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
1 achievement left. Get top 3 on the gauntlet. Best time is 35.40 so far. Need to shave 2 more.

Might double dip on PS4 for the easy Platinum.

E92 M3

I don't like using robots and the crazy looking camo guy lol. Also, I hope cloak wasn't nerfed because of Pvp. That would be horrible. Nothing should be balanced for PvP.

It's just real saddening to see changes that aren't needed. People that camped with cloak weren't even good.

how frustrating is master difficulty tho? a lot of dying?

I'm dying a decent amount to be perfectly honest, but I do firmly believe it's one of the best "hardest difficulty" modes in shooters. It's pretty unforgiving but not to the point of absolute frustration, however I do not recommend a fresh player to deep dive right into Master Mode unless you absolutely need to feel like the game is putting up its toughest challenge. I feel that ot's much better when you're a bit more acclimated to Titanfall 2's gameplay.

I can't confirm but it does feel like either Master Mode has a "vampire" mechanic where scoring a kill instantly begins health refresh OR I never realized how fast health regen can be in Titanfall 2's campaign, but there's sort of a sense of perpetual tension between being aggressive in engaging enemies and quickly moving to avoid damage that's being played up throughout Master Mode. It's similar, but perhaps a bit more rapid when it comes to your own peril, to the risk/reward push-and-pull of Doom from earlier this year.

It's nowhere near as insanely tough as say, Call of Duty played on Veteran. You die, for the most part, in 2-3 hits, but it feels like enemies become nearly as vulnerable as well. And again, I am not sure if I'm just kind of making this up, but it sort of feels like managing to score a kill on NPCs does either give you a small boost to your health state or immediately triggers health regeneration.

I like it a lot, personally, it kinda drives me to be a bit more creative and precise with everything I do without absolutely feeling insurmountable.

robatw

thx for that indepth answer. i will check it out then i guess. completed the game on normal and played like 20hours multiplayer. just scared that it is like cod veteran a bit. but yeah.

I don't like using robots and the crazy looking camo guy lol. Also, I hope cloak wasn't nerfed because of Pvp. That would be horrible. Nothing should be balanced for PvP.

It's just real saddening to see changes that aren't needed. People that camped with cloak weren't even good.
Yup. Destroyed an entire cloak camping team last night with my stim class . That said, i'm not against a longer cooldown or shorter duration. It would put more thoght into using it without ruining it and prevent ppl from having it on all match. If it gets nerfed badly there will be a huge increase in sonar and phase and people will start complaining until those are nerfed. Phase is much more annoying than cloak and a good phase player will make most people look stupid. I just watched FrothyOmen's tier vid and i agree with most of his observations. Things can definitely use tweaking but let's hope changes are minor and done with care

Does anyone know if the PS4 pro mode is automatically included on the digital version I know I've read it was on disc but just wanted to make sure there wasn't something dumb where it's only on disc??

Kind of a silly thing to worry about but I guess I'm silly.

Thanks!

E92 M3

Yup. Destroyed an entire cloak camping team last night with my stim class . That said, i'm not against a longer cooldown or shorter duration. It would put more thoght into using it without ruining it and prevent ppl from having it on all match. If it gets nerfed badly there will be a huge increase in sonar and phase and people will start complaining until those are nerfed. Phase is much more annoying than cloak and a good phase player will make most people look stupid. I just watched FrothyOmen's tier vid and i agree with most of his observations. Things can definitely use tweaking but let's hope changes are minor and done with care

A shorter duration by a second or two is all that's needed, but I am worried that it's more than that. The problem is that people complaining are always louder than the ones having fun with everything - it's always been like that.

A good phase player is MUCH more annoying than a cloak ever will be, and I don't care about PvP balance.

I trust Respawn - but truly worried they took some kneejerk reactions and acted on them.

Does anyone know if the PS4 pro mode is automatically included on the digital version I know I've read it was on disc but just wanted to make sure there wasn't something dumb where it's only on disc??

Kind of a silly thing to worry about but I guess I'm silly.

Thanks!

Yep, it's all auto.

This just doesn't feel fair:

mp_thaw0003_zpsz69zry7q.jpg

Gowans

Just finished the campaign, that was so good. It's like a cross between TF1, Doom and what Halflife 3 could have been.

Clap clap Respawn

How are the scores calculated ? The second team points add up to much more than 92.

You only get to keep score you bank. The guys on the other team are, in addition to not doing a great job of actually putting kills on the board, failing to get back to their bank.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
How are the scores calculated ? The second team points add up to much more than 92.

Team score is what gets deposited only, player score is different and probably uses some kind of multiplier / modifier based on what you deposit. In that screenshot the other team only deposited 92 total dollars which is really, really bad. lol

splattered

I still haven't received the Nitro Scorch Pack DLC or the Battlefield Battlepacks codes from Amazon for preordering these games...

Did anyone else ever receive them from Amazon?

I've been trying for almost a month both over the phone and via e-mail and their Marketing and Promotions team has NO idea what i'm talking about.

Spoke with EA directly and they told me these codes are retailer specific and that they can't cut the codes, it is 100% up to Amazon.

Even spoke to a Customer Service manager last week and she was very condescending and spoke to me like I was a child because I wanted codes for a video game. "Oh, i'm sure you just CAN'T WAIT to get these special codes and unlock all those little goodies in your new video game!" I couldn't tell if she was just trying to hard or if she was making fun of me. Very frustrating.

I have been 100% cool about it thus far too, haven't thrown a fit at all.

Looking for any spare discount codes from sony. NA store. I didnt get one in my email but want to get this digitally since i play it so much and hate switching discs

I'm not really a huge fan of bounty hunt being the "premier mode" in general. I guess they had no choice being forced to gimp Attrition.

Pretty sure the general populace doesn't understand how Bounty Hunt works. The number of people who straight up ignore the grunt drops and AI Titans is astounding.

Top Bottom