• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Agree, can't really play other game modes because there just isn't enough people playing them.
Platform? Had no issues with any game mode on ps4. A lot of new players, though, most games were blowouts and I started feeling bad and hoping they don't give up and go back to COD or BF

Yeah, somebody mentioned that Respawn should create a tutorial for BH earlier, and I agree. Once you know how BH works, it's so easy to succeed.

Something like:
1. kill grunts in the middle of the map.
2. deposit bonus money in 1 of 3 banks. Watch out for enemy bank campers.
3. kill bounty titan in the middle of the map.
4. deposit money.
5. kill grunts that drop on two outer areas of map.
6. deposit money.
7. kill bounty titans on two outer areas of map.
.....etc. etc.

other tips: don't engage enemy team if you don't have to; you lose half your bonus money when you die (so if you're not good, avoid enemy team)

Platform? Had no issues with any game mode on ps4. A lot of new players, though, most games were blowouts and I started feeling bad and hoping they don't give up and go back to COD or BF

Wait, are you Ehjeez on PS4?

MisterMac

I'm still running the grappling hook most of the time. I just feel too locked down without it. I don't really see a need to nerf cloak. Everytime I die to it it's not because I didn't see the shimmer.

Jake2by4

Ps4. Besides BH and maybe Attrition sometimes. I can barely find other people in the other modes. Hopefully the Black Friday sales can pick up for this game so more people will play.

I'd be fine with the cloak duration/cooldown if it was more visible to pilots. The entire purpose of cloak in R1 was to hide from Titans, not camp corners for pilots.

Yeah, somebody mentioned that Respawn should create a tutorial for BH earlier, and I agree. Once you know how BH works, it's so easy to succeed.

Something like:
4. deposit money.
6. deposit money.
.....etc. etc.

other tips: don't engage enemy team if you don't have to; you lose half your bonus money when you die (so if you're not good, avoid enemy team)

Wait, are you Ehjeez on PS4?
Yeah, ggs last night, man
And I agree. Im almost gen4 and feel intimidated by BH. lol

LowSignal

Something like:
4. deposit money.
6. deposit money.
.....etc. etc.

I was thinking a video like the ones for the Titans, it plays the first time you play Mode X and again if you score really low. Otherwise Show the objectives in the corner of the screen.

Yeah, ggs last night, man
And I agree. Im almost gen4 and feel intimidated by BH. lol

For sure. Games were fun.

Yeah, we didn't have any issues finding games for Amped Hardpoint and LTS last night. I think it really depends on the platform and region. Hell, when work is slow on weekdays, I usually don't have to wait more than a few minutes for Mixtape games. I think I'm on the St. Louis data center fwiw.

I tried for two hours to get the Become the Master trophy. I have come to the conclusion that I will never get it. Other than that, having a blast with the game.

j-wood

Beat the campaign this morning. Man that was incredible. Ending spoilers:

i really hope BT is alive and was just time warped. Love how they made a robot feel alive. Those trust me lines were great.

E92 M3

I'd be fine with the cloak duration/cooldown if it was more visible to pilots. The entire purpose of cloak in R1 was to hide from Titans, not camp corners for pilots.

Camping is not effective in this game. No good players camp. Honestly, it's a bit frustrating reading this because camping with cloak does not help win the game.

J_Viper

Hit Level 14 last night, and I'm having a great time, despite the maps not being as great.

Default player speed feels a bit slow, a problem that is exacerbated by the increase in wide open spaces. Getting from point A to B never felt like a problem in the first game because there was always a set of walls nearby that can be chained to fly across the map.

That doesn't seem to be the case this time around, leading me to choose Stim or the Grappling Hook not by choice, but by necessity.

Hit Level 14 last night, and I'm having a great time, despite the maps not being as great.

Default player speed feels a bit slow, a problem that is exacerbated by the increase in wide open spaces. Getting from point A to B never felt like a problem in the first game because there was always a set of walls nearby that can be chained to fly across the map.

That doesn't seem to be the case this time around, leading me to choose Stim or the Grappling Hook not by choice, but by necessity.

Learn the new bunny hop and travel across the map quickly without stim or hooks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYctaek8syQ

Tokubetsu

Ronin with nuclear eject is so beautiful. Every time I lose my sweet sword baby I have another one or 3/4s of another one already.

"The sword is yours pilot"

now if only it was the R1 Japanese OS voice saying it 😩

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love a game mode like Hardpoint from CoD. Did they have something similar in the first game?

Amped Hardpoint is just Domination from CoD.

Who's idea was it to put sentry turrets as a boost?

They ruin the flow of the game so much when you have a team just camping an area with turrets guarding them.

Ghazi

how frustrating is master difficulty tho? a lot of dying?

It's not that bad at all, you have to remember that they can't let the enemies kill you too quickly or you wouldn't be able to use the parkour mechanics. If you're comfortable with shooters you'll be fine playing it, just watch out for LSTARs, because those things melt. It's a hell of a lot easier than Veteran in CoD, if you have played those games at that difficulty.

Yea, I fnd it REALLY hard on Pc to get because it's hard to keep momentum :S

Using arc grenades to take out a lot of the enemies helps with keeping speed.

Allforce

Beat the campaign this morning. Man that was incredible. Ending spoilers:

i really hope BT is alive and was just time warped. Love how they made a robot feel alive. Those trust me lines were great.

After credit spoilers:

When your helmet flashes while sitting on the table, someone at reddit figured out it's in binary, converted to text it spells out "Jack?"

Pretty much. We played together for a few hours last night and everyone was talking about their favorite gun. We all took turns at the top of the leaderboard and we were all using different guns, pilots and boosts. I think which map plays a big role too. Hell, when i finally got first on our team it was when i tried the eva shotgun for the first time. Most weapons are capable in this game and im always getting killed by a myriad weapons every match. Encounters usually come down to who can aquire their taget first, good aim and the use of defensive abilities/ manoeuvres. If anything, there are a few guns weapons that might benefit from slight buffs or some could use slight range reduction or recoil increase but to be hones i wouldn't be upset if they didn't touch the weapons.

Yeah, but I was at the top a lot with the Volt, so if anything those matches demonstrated that the Volt is overpowered, and yeah, in the same match you were using the EVA I was using the Alternator and struggling for some reason. Sometimes matches go badly, lose a few 50/50s and you don't build momentum for your boost / Titan etc. then it can be harder to recover from. The weapon doesn't cause that though. With that said it must be harder for you American's since I often put us on UK servers. Also, the people we play at 4am in the UK are far better than most in online lobbies. That Shadowlegion guy was probably the best player I've seen on PS4.

A lot of those people we were with also seemed to be getting to grips with their guns and whatnot, using guns on our recommendation, so they hadn't formed a clear opinion on their favourite. Ultimately though, I think because of the time to kill is pretty low. I imagine you could have done very similar to what you did with the EVA with the CAR, Volt or Alternator also.

I do think that there are better guns, but I think that among the better guns it doesn't matter all that much which you use, the difference's aren't so stark that they will cause you to lose your one versus ones. The R201, Volt, EVA, CAR, Alternator, Hemlock and G2 are all useful weapons where their differences in time to kill are not stark enough to make any one of them significantly more valuable than the rest.

It's more about consistency than anything. Weapons like the Flatline, and a number of the LMGs are fine but the random horizontal recoil makes for rng based kills / deaths. Others are clearly in the game just for the fun factor. Projectile based weapons like the Masstif and L-Star are bad because the bullet travel makes aiming harder, reduces the time to kill and also means you might be killed before your bullets even land on the target. Same for grenadier weapons like the EPG, while snipers are too situational to be useful in these relatively dynamic battlefields. They're all fun to use though, so they don't really need to be balanced.

In some ways making these weapons underpowered is a good way of allowing them to be enjoyed within the game without influencing gameplay in a negative way. If snipers and light machine guns were much more effective than they are, the typical gameplay and match flow would suffer. The same would be true if everyone was using grenadier weapons because they were incredibly effective, it wouldn't be all that much fun being killed by that after a while, but as it is they are a fun novelty.

As it is, the lack of skill based matchmaking makes even these traditionally low-tier weapons quite fun to use. I have been able to top the leaderboard in games of attrition with the Coldwar and EPG, despite my feelings that those are the worst weapons in the game.

Lol just get behind them and kill it - don't play this Game like CoD. Camping is not effective.
Are you one of those people who thinks anyone that gives a bit of criticism is a CoD player?

Getting behind them is a bit hard when they have multiple turrets guarding them, like my last game on drydock. By the time I had my Titan, they all had theirs.

This game proudly encourages it's unique movement system. Having sentry turrets just seems to shit on that system.

JaMarco

Does it feel weird for anyone else that the Evolved control scheme doesn't remap the buttons in the same way for Titans? I'm not sure I even want it to, it just feels weird at least initially.

Just beat the campaign and holy shit, GOTY Confirmed! The whole campaign was great, but the last half was epic. "Effect and Cause" is an instant legendary level. Almost as memorable as "All Ghillied Up"

KorrZ

Are you one of those people who thinks anyone that gives a bit of criticism is a CoD player?

Getting behind them is a bit hard when they have multiple turrets guarding them, like my last game on drydock. By the time I had my Titan, they all had theirs.

This game proudly encourages it's unique movement system. Having sentry turrets just seems to shit on that system.

Turrets should never kill you unless you're low health or running right at it, they get 1 shot with melee and give you plenty of time to gtfo of the way.

I use the turret but generally just pop it down to let it farm grunt/spectre kills for me as I hunt for pilots/titans. I get maybe 1 pilot kill with it per game if lucky.

Greddleok

I've also run into the helmet bug, where it says I've only collected 5/6, but I picked up 6/6.

Is there a known fix for this? Or is it just a wait for it to be patched kinda thing?

E92 M3

No I play this game a lot solo and go against organized teams and turrets aren't an issue. Didn't mean to be offensive. Camping does not win games.

Iorv3th

Pretty sure the general populace doesn't understand how Bounty Hunt works. The number of people who straight up ignore the grunt drops and AI Titans is astounding.

Well you don't want everyone on your team going for grunts. I usually try to flank and kill enemy pilots early on to keep them from getting grunt kills and reduce their money as much as possible. Even if I die and my money is half of theirs, they are halving it again keeping their total possible deposit very low.

Also by reducing the amount of grunts they can kill they get their titans/boost slower.

Ghazi

Are private matches broken? I can't start one solo even though I read they added that functionality in the last patch. Clicking the private match icon does nothing.

Ps4. Besides BH and maybe Attrition sometimes. I can barely find other people in the other modes. Hopefully the Black Friday sales can pick up for this game so more people will play.

I'm on Ps4 and I play hard point 95% of the time with no issues finding a game. Also have no issues with 8v8.

Izuna

Banned
i tried telling people to keep it all under the original open neogaf network but noooo, no one listens to me.

People on the PS4 network play with a ton of randoms who have nothing to do with GAF.

And there has only been like 3 gamertags I couldn't find GAF names for. All the rest were approved.

ekim

I remember that somewhere at the beginning of the campaign it told me that I can hack something by holding X. What is this about?

J.EM1

Are private matches broken? I can't start one solo even though I read they added that functionality in the last patch. Clicking the private match icon does nothing.
I had this problem as well. I noticed that it said "Private Match Beta" so I just assumed that the mode wasn't fully complete yet. Maybe the next update will fix it.

Top Bottom