• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

TheChits

Man, I can't wait to be done with LTS. I'm only playing it to level my Titan. (cosmetics, I know) It's such a frustrating mode the way maps are super narrow and Titans are always butt rubbing together. Can't even fire rockets without them hitting team mates fat asses.

It is my favorite game mode by far. I love the slowed down pace and tactical nature of it.

KorrZ

Mastiff is mostly trash. Several point blank shots in the past few matches and they've all lived.

I ditched the Mastiff after one match when I realized that point blank shots don't equal a kill... It's got some range but it's projectile instead of hit scan, so basically you'll get fucked by anyone using R201, G2, CAR, Volt, EVA8 unless you catch them not looking which....you're still better off with one of the above weapons.

KorrZ

Haha that awareness.

You've just made me look up all the maps as I feel like there are only four lol. Apparently there are nine? Are they just not particularly diverse in how they look?

They're just kind of forgettable maps in general. There are a few that I like but none that I would actually call great maps and a few that are commonly agreed upon as straight garbage.

It's the weakest aspect of TF2 IMO. Which is so fucking strange since TF1 was masterful in it's map design.

Purdy

They're just kind of forgettable maps in general. There are a few that I like but none that I would actually call great maps and a few that are commonly agreed upon as straight garbage.

It's the weakest aspect of TF2 IMO. Which is so fucking strange since TF1 was masterful in it's map design.

Yeah I think I've played more TF2 than TF1 overall now but I can remember more TF1 maps which is nuts :(

Hopefully they offer a decent volume and quality of free maps

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Haha that awareness.

You've just made me look up all the maps as I feel like there are only four lol. Apparently there are nine? Are they just not particularly diverse in how they look?

Only half of them come up in the rotation for me playing Bounty Hunt, but in comparison Titanfall shipped with 15 maps, most of which were great for all game modes. Respawn released 9 DLC maps after that, so this seems like a giant step backwards with regards to the maps. A huge disappointment to say the least.

E92 M3

Man, I can't wait to be done with LTS. I'm only playing it to level my Titan. (cosmetics, I know) It's such a frustrating mode the way maps are super narrow and Titans are always butt rubbing together. Can't even fire rockets without them hitting team mates fat asses.

I got to gen 13 on the Titan from just attrition. LTS solo sounds like a pain in the butt.

Yeah, have no idea why they went with the 3 lane philosophy. That said, I do enjoy some of the maps A LOT (Eden, Boomtown and Exoplanet).

It's not about that life though.

It has STUPID range and high-ish ROF. Use it at mid-range like the Mozambique (actually tbh Mozambique is the better weapon but it's instead of an Anti-Titan weapon).

True, but its still dumb. Its a shotgun. At point blank range.

I ditched the Mastiff after one match when I realized that point blank shots don't equal a kill... It's got some range but it's projectile instead of hit scan, so basically you'll get fucked by anyone using R201, G2, CAR, Volt, EVA8 unless you catch them not looking which....you're still better off with one of the above weapons.

I've switched back to the EVA8. Seems more reliable.

Keihart

i'm moving like a drunk with evolved controls...i'm not sure if i should keep building that muscle memory or go back to standard ..OTL

KorrZ

Yeah, have no idea why they went with the 3 lane philosophy. That said, I do enjoy some of the maps A LOT (Eden, Boomtown and Exoplanet).

Hope to see a return to the original game's map design in the DLC maps. Angel City will be a great start. Any idea when we're going to start getting content drops for this game?

I got my first(!) pilot execution at level 45. I've meleed tons of guys in the back, held down the stick, the whole deal, but it was always a punch, never the execution. No idea why it worked this time, but it was fun to se me stab that hacking knife in that camper's face. :D

Holy shit, do NOT play LTS solo.

I only use two Titans, but I'm well over level 20 on both of them just from Attrition and Bounty Hunt.

AEREC

I wonder why this isnt available as a trial on origin? Seems like it would help with the MP...Id also like to make sure it runs on my i7-870\GTX 970 combo at 60fps.

Already have the PS4 version but I really want to play this with a M\K.

Let me guess, you were the guy who saved up enough pepsi points to get the harrier jet?

Lol.
Side note: went up against a Tone army and as a pilot, it is infuriating how little effort they have to put in at sniping pilots at any range. They barely have to aim and outclass every other titan in this regard

Yeah it's a big part of the reason that any Titan but Tone and Ion get abused in regular matches like attrition or whatnot. A single pilot can take you out not because he is more skilled but because the chances of you hitting him with a direct shot on Scorch's canon are next to none.

Same with Legion and Ronin. If you don't take Tone and Ion into LTS then expect your team to get wrecked by runnaway pilots.

E92 M3

Boomtown is an awful, awful map. Rooftop and window campers everywhere, but I managed to get the drop on this group. I had a shitty match otherwise.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LiquidJM/video/23709349

I love the map - fly all over the place

TBlLAli.gif

Pachimari

I'm thinking hard of getting this at 50% off on Origin. I didn't get to play the first one a lot but I did love what I played of it. And I hear the single player is fantastic and might be the best FPS campaig besides Doom of this year, but then it also comes with 9 maps, most of them disappointing? How many modes does it have in MP; ctf, bounty and death match? Also, how can I easily see if I'm shooting at bots or players?

And a last thing, will transitioning into a Titan always be in third person view? I really liked how this was kept in first person in the original, which really made it feel like you were about to enter this huge machine.

I'm thinking hard of getting this at 50% off on Origin. I didn't get to play the first one a lot but I did love what I played of it. And I hear the single player is fantastic and might be the best FPS campaig besides Doom of this year, but then it also comes with 9 maps, most of them disappointing? How many modes does it have in MP; ctf, bounty and death match? Also, how can I easily see if I'm shooting at bots or players?

And a last thing, will transitioning into a Titan always be in third person view? I really liked how this was kept in first person in the original, which really made it feel like you were about to enter this huge machine.

just buy it. It's an awesome game. Titan animations are in 3rd person view. The modes are: bounty hunt, attrition, CTF, Pilot vs Pilot, Last Titan Standing.

Zemm

I wonder why this isnt available as a trial on origin? Seems like it would help with the MP...Id also like to make sure it runs on my i7-870GTX 970 combo at 60fps.

Already have the PS4 version but I really want to play this with a MK.

You could buy it on Origin and use the 24 hour refund thing they have.

It'll run great on that system though, my 280x runs it at over 60fps on mostly medium, you could probably go for the highest settings and be alright. Performance isn't an issue with this game thankfully, and playing it on KB&M is such a better feeling (I play on PC and some PS4 now and then). Also the bigger FOV is a huge difference for me.

3 new games in a row on Crash Site. Yeah, just keep em coming respawn. I can quit out of this garbage map just as quickly as you can circulate them.

Edit.
4 games. Fuck off!

Edit:
I think I'm being trolled lol 7 new games in a row on LTS Crash Site.

Dantis

They really need to tone down Crash Site. It shows up all the time, and is complete garbage. Feels like it was made for Pilot vs Pilot. Titans just don't work in it.

Ethelwulf

I never thought I would say this but, scorch is my favorite Titan... He is an absolute beast. Attacking a Titan from behind means easy kill most of the times. Incendiary + wall + primary you can easily drain at least half the life of any Titan. Then core ability and they are doomed. So freaking fun! Anyone?

3DShovel

3 new games in a row on Crash Site. Yeah, just keep em coming respawn. I can quit out of this garbage map just as quickly as you can circulate them.

Edit.
4 games. Fuck off!

Edit:

They really need to tone down Crash Site. It shows up all the time, and is complete garbage. Feels like it was made for Pilot vs Pilot. Titans just don't work in it.

Crash Site is my favourite map. :(

Don't know what's going on but tonight I've constantly been thrown around lobbies to join games half over that I have no chance of winning.

Pity theu don't have a no loss option for joining half way through like they did in the first

KorrZ

Edit.
4 games. Fuck off!

Edit:

On the other side of the fence I've seen Homestead exactly twice after ~50 hours of MP. Not sure how their map rotation algorithm works but it's a bit wonky...

KaoteK

I spent 8 hours yesterday playing amped hard point with a friend. As an old git with rubbish reactions I prefer it as I'm actually pretty decent at it and am nearly always top of the leader board at the end of the match as I don't have to rely on kills to help my team.

Edit: I had homestead loads of times yesterday, crash site only 3 thank fuck.

It's so cheap and dirty, but my god I love the lockon-pistol pistol boost.

Especially on Hardpoint and Bounty Hunt. Just head to a point or a bank, stay on the walls and hammer the trigger, lol

I find myself never using the map. What's the best way to make use of it?

Hooked onto a flying Northstar and grabbed its battery earlier. This game is so damn cool.

dankir

Are you nuts? Scorch fucking kills on it and Legion. Hell Tone and Ronin are fantastic on it, I've never touched Northstar so not sure.

Y'all are crazy Crash site is amazing, everybody tries to get quick kills at the top and bottom of the hill at the beginning. Best thing is to take stim, flank and rack up the kills because nobody is paying attention to you.

Started using A-Wall with the G2 and tactikill...this is stupid. Find a good angle and just win the whole game for your team. It's crazy that two kills completely recharges the shield. Feels broke as fuck and yet I really haven't encountered many people using it.

Keihart

Started using A-Wall with the G2 and tactikill...this is stupid. Find a good angle and just win the whole game for your team. It's crazy that two kills completely recharges the shield. Feels broke as fuck and yet I really haven't encountered many people using it.

the fact that someone good enough can just fly staight appear obove you and kill you from behind makes shield user an easy enough target.

Most of of my executions are on poeple camping usually, if the shield moved with you i would agree tho.

Top Bottom