• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Munki

Just finished SP on Master.

What a fuckin game. Not since Halo:CE have I had that much fun with a campaign. Top tier stuff here from Respawn.

Keihart

I definitely like Pilots v. Pilots best. I don't like that the modes with Titans don't even have Deaths included on the scorecard. I also don't really enjoy Titan combat.

I play every mode, but i prefer the one with titans because of how awesome is to fight around them, against them and inside them, makes those ninja skills pretty esential and funner to use. I once made a (scrub) Titan stop fighting me as a pilot because he couldn't catch me while i kept damaging it, i proceeded to persuing that titan later and destroy it. Pretty cool moment, i should upload it if i can find the footage.

Holy crap.

After spending the bulk of Gen1 using the Hemlock and G2, I am traaaaaassssssssh with SMGs. Need to relearn them all over again, and relearn the playstyle that suits them.

I'm used to having an advantage at range. My whole style was 'hurry up and slow down'. Go full speed around the map, then when I spotted an enemy at range, go stationary, fire off some shots, start moving again.

Gonna take awhile to get used to shooting while moving, and not bringing up ADS.

dankir

My best LTS round yet, I had another game where I did over 100k in damage but not as many kills.

Legion on crash site baby, don't forget you can shoot enemy titans through your teammates, so get behind those tones and just fire :)

Screenshot-Original.png

dankir

What's the comparison here like say out of ten how does the Titan do on its own with and without the chip?

If the pilot is good at movement an Auto titan will die pretty quickly. Titan vs Pilot is really fun and feels good to take out enemy titans. But you gotta play it smart otherwise your health is going to hit zero very quickly.

One thing I think this game fails to do is properly explain upgrades. What is my weapon leveling up, for example, even accomplishing? I'm getting all of these rewards and leveling up a number of things constantly and I have no idea what any of it does.

Roussow

Fuck, trying to make the Grenadier weapons work is, well interesting. Haven't really touched Shotguns or Snipers either,and probably won't. So these will do for leveling on my second regen. I've got the SMR as a primary, and a semi-auto pistol in secondary. It's basically an inverse loadout, switching to the pistol for pilots and keeping the rockets for grunts and Titans -- it's only really effective in Bounty Hunt.

I might just go back to AR/SMG/LMGs. Because fuck some of the other stuff is fairly unusable, at least for me personally.

One thing I think this game fails to do is properly explain upgrades. What is my weapon leveling up, for example, even accomplishing? I'm getting all of these rewards and leveling up a number of things constantly and I have no idea what any of it does.

You get exp on weapons by getting kills, leveling up weapons gives you attachments and skins, not really complicated imo.

Fuck, trying to make the Grenadier weapons work is, well interesting. Haven't really touched Shotguns or Snipers either,and probably won't. So these will do for leveling on my second regen. I've got the SMR as a primary, and a semi-auto pistol in secondary. It's basically an inverse loadout, switching to the pistol for pilots and keeping the rockets for grunts and Titans -- it's only really effective in Bounty Hunt.

I might just go back to AR/SMG/LMGs. Because fuck some of the other stuff is fairly unusable, at least for me personally.

Don't sleep on the shotguns, they are very very powerful. Use them with Stim and Arc Grenades for maximum effect.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Just finished SP on Master.

What a fuckin game. Not since Halo:CE have I had that much fun with a campaign. Top tier stuff here from Respawn.

Truth.

Anyway, I've been watching this guy Benchy on YT... What the hell, man? How is he that good?

I even debated getting that Hori Tac Pro mouse and mini keyboard to play. I mean. Damn...

Currently playing around with Stim. Need to get my reflexes and thumb accuracy up tho. The FPS platforming in this game is nuts.

Holy crap.

After spending the bulk of Gen1 using the Hemlock and G2, I am traaaaaassssssssh with SMGs. Need to relearn them all over again, and relearn the playstyle that suits them.

I'm used to having an advantage at range. My whole style was 'hurry up and slow down'. Go full speed around the map, then when I spotted an enemy at range, go stationary, fire off some shots, start moving again.

Gonna take awhile to get used to shooting while moving, and not bringing up ADS.

man I can't do jack shit with the G2, love the Hemlock though

Prurient

Banned
Could anyone tell me how much more of the SP campaign I have left? I've just
started making my way up towards the satellite relay, after your Titan throws you.
Thanks!

Jesus, is Pilot vs Pilot showing up all the damn time in Mixtape for everyone else? or is it just me being unlucky?

I dont mind it if it shows up like 1 in 10 game or whatever, as a nice little palate cleanser, but damn this isnt PilotFall. Gimme my damn Titans!!

Trojan

What's the best strategy in modes like Attrition when people's Titans start dropping and I don't have one yet or just used it? Should I be actively avoiding Titans and focused on other pilots? Distance shots at Titans with anti-Titan guns? What are the best guns for engaging Titans?

Just started getting into the multiplayer, lots of fun so far.

What's the best strategy in modes like Attrition when people's Titans start dropping and I don't have one yet or just used it? Should I be actively avoiding Titans and focused on other pilots? Distance shots at Titans with anti-Titan guns? What are the best guns for engaging Titans?

I always try to take on titans as my Pilot. Id say either try to steal some batteries if you can, or try to help kill them. I like the MGL a lot, You can kinda use it from safety, which is nice.

I dont know if this is the best strategy, but its what I do, and its fun. haha.

There is a dynamic to the whole titan count war. They are heavy on Titans? Then they are light on pilots, stay on the roof tops to snipe the Titans is a lot more safer in this case. If your team is in heavy Titan number deficit, don't drop your Titan, keep chipping away enemy Titan health, then drop your fresh Titan when theirs are bruised or destroyed to even the odds.

Munki

Could anyone tell me how much more of the SP campaign I have left? I've just
started making my way up towards the satellite relay, after your Titan throws you.
Thanks!

Just go to the mission selection page , it'll show you exactly how far you've progressed.

But to answer your question:

The Pilot's Gauntlet
BT 7274
Blood and Rust
Into the Abyss
Defeat Ash Boss Fight
Effect and Cause
The Beacon
Defeat Richter Boss Fight ----> You are here
Trial by Fire
The Fold Weapon

AcridMeat

Banned
Finished the campaign, that was a lot of fun. Pleasantly surprising and rewarding levels.

Played a ton of the multiplayer the last few days (got it on Friday) and my biggest complaint is the battery addition/doomed Titan change. I really don't like that the health doesn't go down when a titan is doomed.

Mainly because the amount of times I've seen someone have/use a battery effectively, that wasn't in Last Titan Standing basically makes that change meaningless, and super unsatisfying as a player chipping away to get a titan in the doomed state.

Otherwise the game is still amazing. Love the deep customization on everything.

Ricitor

So just started up this morning. I am in fucking awe how awesome this game is. Feels so good in terms of movement and shooting. Want to finish the campaign before I hop into multiplayer but this is the first time in a long time I have enjoyed a campaign this much.

You get exp on weapons by getting kills, leveling up weapons gives you attachments and skins, not really complicated imo.

Don't sleep on the shotguns, they are very very powerful. Use them with Stim and Arc Grenades for maximum effect.

So all the leveling up of the weapons does is unlock attachments and skins? Hmm, still don't think that was very clear.

What are you expecting tho? It is the same as say, COD.

I don't play COD. I just didn't think it was clear what was going on. After every match it tells me tons of things are leveling up, and I didn't know what it all meant. I poked around a bit and still couldn't tell what each level really did. So basically all that leveling up just for some mods. Just seems anticlimactic haha.

Keihart

I don't play COD. I just didn't think it was clear what was going on. After every match it tells me tons of things are leveling up, and I didn't know what it all meant. I poked around a bit and still couldn't tell what each level really did. So basically all that leveling up just for some mods. Just seems anticlimactic haha.

seems you haven't played much of any online shooter recently in the last 10 years or so since COD4. I mean this progression system has been used to death already and these are some of the same dudes that made it popular basically, so no surprises there i would imagine.

Roussow

You get exp on weapons by getting kills.

Yo, on this -- do you know how well weapons go when upgrading just using them on grunts/specters & Titans? Is it much slower than just killing Pilots with them?

I've finally stepped away from my grappling hook comfort zone for a little, throwing Stim onto my most leveled class, it's awesome, it's great to go that fast and have a charge whenever you spawn. Although even with Tactikill and Power Cell it just feels like it's down to often compared with the grappling hook.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Cloak bitching is getting ridiculous now. And i'm a grapple userm

I used cloak a lot, felt it was almost a necessity for bank deposits but after playing around with phase shift, I think I am going to use it instead. I really miss stim, though, but for bounty hunt it's not as useful as phase shift or cloak. Phase shift is fun, I think I'm going to remap my Elite so that it's tied to one of the paddles.

E92 M3

Holy crap.

I can't use ARs as efficiently as SMGs. Being able to run and gun is just way too good. Hipfire being viable makes this game one of the best shooters in recent years.

--

Btw, who is excited to slay some Christmas noobs? A long-standing tradition of multiplayer gaming lol.

hurzelein

Was that movement bunny hopping style intended by the devs? I don't really see what it adds to the game, especially if so much easier with an elite controller / remapping your buttons. I have yet to see someone use it ingame and even if, it certainly wouldn't ruin my experience (I'm by the way not able to pull it off on standard config which I prefer). But on the other hand if it wasn't intended I think they should remove it, splits the player base in 98% slightly annoyed by it and 2% feeling superior.

Should this be removed? Discuss!

E92 M3

Cloak really isn't very hard to spot.

Indeed - it's very easy to see them. Unfortunately, in PvP cloak is more annoying, but then again PvP isn't really Titanfall. We'll see what Respawn does and I hope it's not drastic. I'd be disappointed if so because any nerf is sorta unjustified.

Agreed. But I don't think this is bad. Otherwise it would be overused. Might be wrong but, if you are in Titan it's actually more difficult to spot cloaked players.

I mainly use cloak for harassing titans and avoid bot fire. I hope Respawn doesn't mess that up for me.

Was that movement bunny hopping style intended by the devs? I don't really see what it adds to the game, especially if so much easier with an elite controller / remapping your buttons. I have yet to see someone use it ingame and even if, it certainly wouldn't ruin my experience (I'm not able tu pull it off on standard config which I prefer). But on the other hand if it wasn't intended I think they should remove it, splits the player base in 98% slightly annoyed by it and 2% feeling superior.

100% intended and it should not be removed as it is part of the skill ceiling. End of discussion. Removing it adds literally nothing to the game and will only hurt the gameplay. Without it the whole wallruning to build momentum mechanic becomes utterly useless because there is no way to maintain it, and being able to fully utilize the moveset to traverse the maps is one of the biggest factors that separate good and average players, and ultimately one of the biggest factors that separate Titanfall from the so called "mobility shooters". And who says "the 98% are annoyed"? It is not exclusive to anyone, if you have two thumbs with a bit of practice you can put it to good use, you don't have to be good at it at Frothy/Sager level, just getting the hang of it does not take massive amount of practice, and will boost your gameplay tremendously.

SwolBro

Banned
Was that movement bunny hopping style intended by the devs? I don't really see what it adds to the game, especially if so much easier with an elite controller / remapping your buttons. I have yet to see someone use it ingame and even if, it certainly wouldn't ruin my experience (I'm not able tu pull it off). But on the other hand if it wasn't intended I think they should remove it, splits the player base in 98% slightly annoyed by it and 2% feeling superior.

huh? what are you talking about. bunny hopping was in the first game and was much harder to pull off by the casual players. this 'slide hop' is a lot easier to pull off and it is completely intentional and even given to you as a tip at the bottom of the screen at times.

hurzelein

huh? what are you talking about. bunny hopping was in the first game and was much harder to pull off by the casual players. this 'slide hop' is a lot easier to pull off and it is completely intentional and even given to you as a tip at the bottom of the screen at times.

Maybe I'm confusing something here. Bunny hopping = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYctaek8syQ ???

I mean the stuff in the vid. I just wanted to here some background / opinions on this, not salty etc.

Top Bottom