• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

So does Attrition not keep track of your K/D ratio or am I just missing it??

The multiplayer is definitely a lot of fun, but I feel a bit like everything is one and done without broader goals to tie it all together. The upgrade system doesn't do much for me so far either...doesn't motivate me.

E92 M3

For the first time, killed someone by phasing into them:

sCKHt9y.gif

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
how frustrating is master difficulty tho? a lot of dying?

A lot of dying, but it wasn't as hard or frustrating as the CoD games on Veteran. Those were cheap stupidity. This felt fairer.

It's still hard, don't get me wrong. But it's nowhere near as bad as the CoD games on Veteran. Nowhere near.

FStop7

Banned
I keep getting matched into teams where 2 or 3 players are utterly clueless and we get absolutely wiped out because it's essentially 6 on 3. It's not fun.

Otherwise I'm still enjoying the game. I unlocked Phase Shift and it's pretty fun. I also unlocked Devotion and Volt and like them both. I really haven't found a gun I don't like other than sniper rifles or shotguns simply because they're not my style. Hemlock, R201, Alternator, Volt, CAR, and Devotion all feel pretty good.

I have noticed what appears to be a lag issue when using semi auto or burst weapons like Tone's 40mm gun or Hemlock. Sometimes they simply do not shoot when firing while ADS. I can sit there and repeatedly squeeze the trigger and nothing happens until I go out of and back into ADS. When this starts to happen a long hitching delay also happens when previewing weapon skins in the menus. I have to entirely quit out of TF2 to fix it.

Picked it up on sale, loving the SP so far.

MP as a pilot also feels pretty great.

Titan combat doesn't feel nearly as powerful or fun as the first game from the outset. I'm hoping this will change with time and experience in MP.

KorrZ

Respawn really needs to add some additional grunts into Attrition. On some of the larger maps it's kind of embarrassing how long you can go without seeing any grunts whatsoever.

I mean... Smart Core and Solder's Ultimate are far similar than it is to the Smart Pistol but, I'm not going to debate with a dev haha

I think there's a lot less original ideas in overwatch then people give it credit for. The execution may be best in class but it's far from original. Also, I think the timeline would be a bit cramped for the R2 abilities to be copied wholesale from overwatch.

I just finished the campaign and it was pretty good. Cause and Effect was pretty amazing. I seriously wasn't expecting that sort of game play mechanic in this game, haha.

CSX

Just played my first MP matches. Had a blast. Game makes you feel powerful and badass even if your K/D ratio says otherwise lol

Menitta

It's windy as fuck here in Maryland and my power went out for a brief moment and disconnected me. :(

Should I stop using my PS4 with the risk of my power going out?

Just played my first MP matches. Had a blast. Game makes you feel powerful and badass even if your K/D ratio says otherwise lol

Where does it say your K/D ratio? I've looked everywhere. Attrition doesn't seem to display deaths and I can't find an overall ratio anywhere.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I think there's a lot less original ideas in overwatch then people give it credit for. The execution may be best in class but it's far from original. Also, I think the timeline would be a bit cramped for the R2 abilities to be copied wholesale from overwatch.
Yeah, there's a lot of convergence in design with all the hero style stuff. Black Ops 3 pilfered a bunch from Destiny and has a lot of stuff that's in Overwatch and Titanfall 2 as well. And Legion's shield looks suspiciously familiar to Siege players. I'm guessing there's less pilfering than people think, but I'm sure that pretty much all of these developers have had a "oh shit that's cool, we need to do that" moment or two.

Of course the worst of the bunch will always be the COD Industrial Complex going "yeah.. double jumps and wall runs... that's totally a thing we're going to do".

Just got this today for $32 on PC, not bad.

What's so powerful about the Tone titans?

Maybe those training wheels easy fast-shot that practically auto-aims on pilots with splash damage it has no business having. That, and having a large, strong shields other titans wish they had.

Menitta

Just got this today for $32 on PC, not bad.

What's so powerful about the Tone titans?

They can attack you with their entire arsenal while running away and you can't attack them because they put a shield up. There are counterpicks, but most of the time they're just hard to deal with. They can't know you're near them to successfully attack. (At least with Scorch)

On the upside, they look like huge cowards, and I view anyone with a Tone as a coward. Unless they're on my team. You're cool if you're on my team.

I definitely like Pilots v. Pilots best. I don't like that the modes with Titans don't even have Deaths included on the scorecard. I also don't really enjoy Titan combat.

JaMarco

Respawn really needs to add some additional grunts into Attrition. On some of the larger maps it's kind of embarrassing how long you can go without seeing any grunts whatsoever.
Yeah it's pretty bad. One of the most disappointing parts of the game for me is the Attrition gimping.

witness

Finally had the chance to sit down and play this after getting it last week. It's so goddamn good, from campaign to multiplayer its incredibly addicting. I am going to be playing this one for a long ass time. Any word on Frontier Defense making a return? It's really the only thing missing for me. I am so glad this is a short work week, cannot wait to play this during my time off!

E92 M3

I definitely like Pilots v. Pilots best. I don't like that the modes with Titans don't even have Deaths included on the scorecard. I also don't really enjoy Titan combat.

I love Titan combat - so much room for developing new tactics. It's a lot of fun baiting and outplaying other people.

Gator86

It doesn't yet. Coming in an update.

Cloak bitching is getting ridiculous now. And i'm a grapple userm

It's because having everyone cloaked makes the game not fun which is a problem. It's fine if it's one or maybe even two people a game, but half or more cloaked every game sucks ass. It's simply not fun in any way, regardless of whether it's effective or competitive. The Titan versus pilot mechanic is completely absent when the entire team runs cloaked.

I would gladly play every game map hacked the entire time than one more game versus an entire team of cloaked assholes on Homestead. Its just joyless.

E92 M3

It's because having everyone cloaked makes the game not fun which is a problem. It's fine if it's one or maybe even two people a game, but half or more cloaked every game sucks ass. It's simply not fun in any way, regardless of whether it's effective or competitive. The Titan versus pilot mechanic is completely absent when the entire team runs cloaked.

I would gladly play every game map hacked the entire time than one more game versus an entire team of cloaked assholes on Homestead. Its just joyless.

Maybe that's in PvP, but all day today I saw an even distribution of abilities. And Homestead is just a campy map. Not a big fan of it.

Ran into a whole team using Hemlocks. That was something.

Top Bottom