• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

neurophd

Any hope for the X1 multiplayer community having legs on this one? I am struggling with going with the digital deal or Walmart BF physical deal.

Any hope for the X1 multiplayer community having legs on this one? I am struggling with going with the digital deal or Walmart BF physical deal.

You can find games quickly for Titanfall 1 (yes, the one many claimed dead in a month) on Xbox One TWO years after release. Think about that.

Basically. All the people pretending cloak isn't used to provide an advantage by reducing target acquisition in a game with lightning fast TTK are being disingenuous. Yeah, everyone here can kill cloaked pilots. That's because most people playing, on PS4 at least, are fucking terrible. None of that changes the fact that right now, cloak is just a set and forget crutch that pushes people closer to competence. It's crazy how supportive some people are of near-permanent, drawback free invisibility for players in a fast paced, low TTK game. It's just bad design in every way.

Also, people need to get off the tales from their asses "Respawn listened to the whiners!!!" nonsense about the upcoming cloak tweak. Unless you work there, you have no idea why they're making changes or what those changes are. Please provide one quote from Respawn saying that's their reasoning. I hope Respawn clarifies their reasoning for the tweak when they roll it out.
I don't have issue making it harder to aquire your target( that's kind of the point) but i definitely think there is an issue withe the fact that you can have it on all the time because of how crazily long it lasts and things like tactikill and powercell. It can be annoying when an entire team of decent players is doing this just like how an entire team of tones is pretty lame as well. 1v1 vs tone, i have no issue but when there are 4 or more, especially as ailot, it's bonkers.

E92 M3

I fully support a shorter duration for cloak (couple seconds less), but when I am between 4 Titan cloak is the only thing keeping me alive lol.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I just switched back to Cloak and didn't feel like it really did anything for me, but then again my tactical always feels like an afterthought and I had mostly been using Stim and Phase Shift to get away from fights or Titans when I'm low on health, and Cloak just doesn't help in that scenario.

It does feel like it lasts an awful long time when I do use it.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I fully support a shorter duration for cloak (couple seconds less), but when I am between 4 Titan cloak is the only thing keeping me alive lol.

I think people upset about current cloak are a bit exaggerating, in the games I've played it hasn't been much of a problem. People camping on roofs, a problem in one map, but for the most part I think the game is impressively balanced. No matter what load out I do, I feel like I can do decent with it as long as I am not against a team of top players or something. If there is a change that should be made, I really dislike how Tone one shots pilots. It really feels like if I run into a tone, I'm dead because that rifle is really accurate, hit box for the bullet is decently big, and they point their reticle over me and I'm dead. Feels like there's nothing I can do if one sees me.

It really hard to tell if TitanFall 2 will have any legs on PC. Starting it up this morning and only 5300 player online. Is that just in my region (Data Center that i connect to) or Worldwide?

Loving the game but i just hope it doesn't end up like TF1.

E92 M3

I think people upset about current cloak are a bit exaggerating, in the games I've played it hasn't been much of a problem. People camping on roofs, a problem in one map, but for the most part I think the game is impressively balanced. No matter what load out I do, I feel like I can do decent with it as long as I am not against a team of top players or something. If there is a change that should be made, I really dislike how Tone one shots pilots. It really feels like if I run into a tone, I'm dead because that rifle is really accurate, hit box for the bullet is decently big, and they point their reticle over me and I'm dead. Feels like there's nothing I can do if one sees me.

Arc grenades are da boss :p

Can somebody explain what REGENERATE means? Do I lose everything I've earned so far?

You lose everything hasn't been purchased with merits. Also, the weapon/titan regen doesn't get reset.

deoee

It really hard to tell if TitanFall 2 will have any legs on PC. Starting it up this morning and only 5300 player online. Is that just in my region (Data Center that i connect to) or Worldwide?

Loving the game but i just hope it doesn't end up like TF1.

Do you have problems finding games in the popular modes?

The number of players is constantly at over 5000 since I play the game and finding games is a non issue. Don't create problems when there aren't any ^^

nullref

A price of $32 on PC (33% off sale + discount code) was enough to get me to pick this up and give it a try, mostly for the campaign. Seems promising so far, with good mechanics and nice production values. (Definitely read the Nvidia performance guide for some good config file tweaking tips, if you have extra GPU power to spare. That's necessary to get DSR working, for example.)

Playing on Hard should help extend the length; I remember Vanquish being dinged for a similar length, and that was my favorite game of last gen.

If you've played CoD it's similar to prestiging in those games. However, anything you've unlocked with credits stays unlocked post regen.

Yeah I've never played COD, except World at War and I never played enough to Prestige... I did Regen in Titanfall 1 on 360 but couldn't remember what it did... Now I'm trying to understand the benefit of it...

Thank you! I should Regen though, right? What's in it for me?

More skins!

Also its important to point out that all your gun levels stay after regeneration, you just might not have access to the gun anymore. But once you get it again, it will still be rank 5 or G3 or whatever.

Do you have problems finding games in the popular modes?

The number of players is constantly at over 5000 since I play the game and finding games is a non issue. Don't create problems when there aren't any ^^

Everybody is basically playing Attrition. Usually around 0-12 players in Hardpoint, Capture the Flag, Pilot vs. Pilot, and the other game modes

More skins!

Also its important to point out that all your gun levels stay after regeneration, you just might not have access to the gun anymore. But once you get it again, it will still be rank 5 or G3 or whatever.

Great, thanks. OK, well I guess it will force me to use something other than the Hemlock, at least!

deoee

Everybody is basically playing Attrition. Usually around 0-12 players in Hardpoint, Capture the Flag, Pilot vs. Pilot, and the other game modes

I never have any problems finding games for attrition, bh, mixtape and amped hardpoint. Strange you struggle with everything except attrition... EU Center

E92 M3

Thank you! I should Regen though, right? What's in it for me?

New emblems, patches and camo.

This is a great answer because this is what I mean by balancing. I didn't know a way to counter it, but now I do and am going to give the arc grenades an honest try the next couple matches I play.

Yeah, they blind and slow down Titans. Very annoying to get hit by arc grenades. You have about a 4-5 second window before the Titan has full capabilities again.

I never have any problems finding games for attrition, bh, mixtape and amped hardpoint. Strange you struggle with everything except attrition... EU Center

I am not sure. Maybe something is wrong with the area i am playing in. I will try to change the region. I did have trouble for like 2 hours trying to join a sever when i bought the game yesterday. But no problems since then.

http://imgur.com/a/c8Obv

But this is what search for an Attrition game looks like. Takes a while to find a game sometimes.

dankir

This is a great answer because this is what I mean by balancing. I didn't know a way to counter it, but now I do and am going to give the arc grenades an honest try the next couple matches I play.

If you time it right and have accelerated titandrop (warpfall or whatever it's called) then its a good way to kill Titans.

Hit them with the arc grenade, call in your titan right around the enemy titan and boom!

deoee

I am not sure. Maybe something is wrong with the area i am playing in. I will try to change the region. I did have trouble for like 2 hours trying to join a sever when i bought the game yesterday. But no problems since then.

http://imgur.com/a/c8Obv

But this is what search for an Attrition game looks like. Takes a while to find a game sometimes.

The numbers are similar but I join games in 15 sec max

Izuna

Banned
I have gotten to only recommend this game for it's campaign, but not the multiplayer. Bit of a shame really.

I went from a night of Overwatch Quick Play, which was very team-focused, challenging and rewarding, to pub-stomping in Bounty Hunt because it feels like no one else in the server could play the game.

Maybe I need to play LTS, but without being in a party, what's the point?

Zemm

Ronin could do with one extra health bar

Whoever thought removing the level up banner's after you regen was a good idea is on crack

Maps still suck

Fed up of all the Tone's, babies first Titan

I have gotten to only recommend this game for it's campaign, but not the multiplayer. Bit of a shame really.

I went from a night of Overwatch Quick Play, which was very team-focused, challenging and rewarding, to pub-stomping in Bounty Hunt because it feels like no one else in the server could play the game.

Maybe I need to play LTS, but without being in a party, what's the point?

Great. Last overwatch play from me, a guy in Indiana threatened to kick my ass irl and we lost anyhow. :(

Just beat
Ash
in the campaign. Is this supposed to be THIS easy on regular? I mean, I am not the best shooter played but this is a joke. I just running through this.

And what's with that AI? Soldiers running towards me by the dozens while I'm sitting in the Titan... What the fuck? Is there a point in that except make me do something aside from walking while I'm controlling the Titan?

black070

A few months ago, I was telling a Respawn employee here directly that I hate the visual art style of this game - boy am I eating my words, MP is such a damn blast on the Pro, it looks simply spectacular on my 4K display.

Arrrammis

Just beat
Ash
in the campaign. Is this supposed to be THIS easy on regular? I mean, I am not the best shooter played but this is a joke. I just running through this.

And what's with that AI? Soldiers running towards me by the dozens while I'm sitting in the Titan... What the fuck? Is there a point in that except make me do something aside from walking while I'm controlling the Titan?

The AI is remarkably stupid, yeah. Don't feel shy about jumping up the difficulty, enemies don't become bullet sponges, it's just faster paced.

Quick question. I have the last 2 chapters to do of the campaign. How long are they? If its like 30 mins i may just finish it but if its at least an hour i will save it for another night.

Really fun campaign btw. Way better than i expected.

grendelrt

Just beat
Ash

I played it on Hard and had no issues. I def would say thats the base to play it at.

Toa TAK

Banned
Quick question. I have the last 2 chapters to do of the campaign. How long are they? If its like 30 mins i may just finish it but if its at least an hour i will save it for another night.

Really fun campaign btw. Way better than i expected.

Save them. You'll want to savor it.

B3N1

Xbox Twitter said:
Cx0I0iYWgAElCHg.jpg

Cx0I1JxWIAMDnkY.jpg

Haha, whose idea were these? With Melee on B and titan ordnance on Y.

Zemm

I somehow managed to get a score of 170 on Homestead which I think is pretty impressive since it's such a big open map. Of course we still lost by over 100 points.

Top Bottom