• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

That is simply not true and heavily exaggerated. I play a lot of Attrition and all abilities are represented. The immobile cloak campers are completely useless in Attrition. I would love to see actual numbers from Respawn.

Your can't disregard it, teams of mostly cloak and tone exists and is really common.

I would like the matchmaker to try and make a balanced loadout automatically when pairing with other players. I laugh when I turn around on the starting dropship and everyone is the fat cloak pilot. Really makes me laugh and cry because if they don't nerf cloak people will leave the game fairly quickly.

Montresor

Two things I loved about Titanfall 1:

* The incredible music in the title or "start game" menu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0fe-DNmfCw. I loved that this beautiful track would loop over and over while in the background, slow-motion cutscenes featuring pilots and Titans looped.

* Customizable Titan AI voices. I loved choosing the Female Spanish AI!

Does Titanfall 2 have this? ^_^

I recently bought the Titanfall 2 + Battlefield 1 bundle through XBL's black friday sale so I'm pretty excited.

E92 M3

Your can't disregard it, teams of mostly cloak and tone exists and is really common.

I would like the matchmaker to try and make a balanced loadout automatically when pairing with other players. I laugh when I turn around on the starting dropship and everyone is the fat cloak pilot. Really makes me laugh and cry because if they don't nerf cloak people will leave the game fairly quickly.

Cloak doesn't need nerfing and people won't leave the game. MW2 was the most played shooter when it came out and people were "crying" left and right.

The problem with today's culture is people love to blame something else instead of themselves. I review every killcam to see what I could do better to avoid the situation.

Ghazi

And what's hilarious is that Tone has 3 stars for difficulty.

I really hope when they nerf her they don't make the 40mm useless, it was my favorite titan weapon in the first game and it's the sole reason I like Tone. I remember the days when in TF1 the 40mm had a 16 round mag with extended mags, it was ridiculously good.

dankir

I really hope when they nerf her they don't make the 40mm useless, it was my favorite titan weapon in the first game and it's the sole reason I like Tone. I remember the days when in TF1 the 40mm had a 16 round mag with extended mags, it was ridiculously good.

I think splash damage resulting in lock ons for the Salvo are going to go. Or critical hits only result in lock ons.

E92 M3

For what it's worth, I don't think anything in this game needs nerfing. Cloak is a joke and fighting against an occasional Tone here and there is nothing.

I don't really see the issues here.

Nothing is a tie here damn it.

It's not an issue, but it's easier to cry for nerfs. Some things can be tweaked but TF2 is one of the most balanced shooters out of the box.

--

On a more positive note, didn't realize how much fun the coliseum is.

Whenever that happens to me, I'm not even mad. They deserved that kill.
Me too. I've dropped more titans on other folks' titans than they've dropped on mine, but I always get a good chuckle when it happens to me. It's one of those, yep I deserve that sort of moments.

Toa TAK

Banned
It's not an issue, but it's easier to cry for nerfs. Some things can be tweaked but TF2 is one of the most balanced shooters out of the box.
Yeah, there's anything in here that is so extreme like the Javelin glitch nor do I see anything that's being abused in all the wrong ways like some OP weapon.

In TF2, when I get killed by an enemy Titan or Pilot, not once have I assumed it was because of whatever gear they have in their loadout. It's all been fair play in my experience.

Third time going through the campaign and I beat it on Master. Going to be really tough to decide where this and Doom are going to fall on my GOTY list. Now to polish up all the collectables and I'm done with the campaign.

Izuna

Banned
How many times do you die to like, a Tone's Salvo Core, because you couldn't see it activate even though it happened right in front of you?

E92 M3

How many times do you die to like, a Tone's Salvo Core, because you couldn't see it activate even though it happened right in front of you?

Honestly, not too often. It becomes very predictable based on movement patterns.

--

Respawn: please have it where classes don't reset when regening. Not the biggest deal, but would be helpful.

Izuna

Banned
ZCX0ukw.gif

oh

my

god

FStop7

Banned
Puts me in a match in progress: 23 - 247

lolwut

This just started happening on Friday or Saturday. All of a sudden I'm getting matched into incomplete teams and in-progress games. The player counts don't seem any different, still between 1500 - 2500 in Attrition on PS4 depending on the time of day.

My favorite thing is killing Titans by spawning by own over top of them.

I'm at 40 hours now but have yet to do this in TF2, I got it a decent amount of the time in TF1.

I hope angel city is early December and we find out what they have planned for future DLC, the pessimist in me is thinking their DLC plans are gonna be shortened or stopped cause of the sales :/

Is the Population on PS4 still good? As the PC crowd gets lower and lower and the more I get matched with hardcore people I'm debating just picking up a console version at some point.

How so?

Honestly, I have no idea how the Titan ranking works. I can jump into any of them and still be good to go.
So can i.It doesnt mean that certain titans arent a lot harder to use. How much have you played the game? Ion's shield isn't set and forget and you are limited by what you can do when it's deployed. Ion has to manage energy and make smart decision between shield, laser and spliter. Ion needs to have direct line of sight for core to hit, cant see pilots and titans through walls and cant insta snipe pilots at any range easily. Tone is little more than drop shield, 1, 2, 3, rockets and repeat til core.

Finally getting the rythym down for slide-hopping.

It's funny, using the paddles on the Xbox Elite controller for jump(L) and crouch(R), it almost feels like a horse galloping.

Duh-DA Duh-DA Duh-DA....

Can I do anything with these useless fucking coliseum tickets? Because the mode it's self is hot garbage.

I don't find the mode very fun either, which is sad cause I was a huge rocket arena fan, but it's worth just running through the rest of your tickets. Any win is an automatic advocate's gift, so you can get some nice cosmetics out of the deal.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm not good enough to continually do Coliseum, myself. I played until I won one just to say I did. Lol

So can i.It doesnt mean that certain titans arent a lot harder to use. How much have you played the game? Ion's shield isn't set and forget and you are limited by what you can do when it's deployed. Ion has to manage energy and make smart decision between shield, laser and spliter. Ion needs to have direct line of sight for core to hit, cant see pilots and titans through walls and cant insta snipe pilots at any range easily. Tone is little more than drop shield, 1, 2, 3, rockets and repeat til core.
With Tone's rifle you're on easy street so long you can keep your distance. I usually don't bother with her Salvo, though.

Ion's energy management isn't all that difficult, either. I usually just save the laser for that last bit of health on a Titan.

Top Bottom