• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

game is so good. just feel like rodeoing a titan is useless compared to titanfall 1. cant seem to get a good streak going with a titan either. feel stronger on foot than in a titan

Izuna

Banned
Now that I am trying to get a proper control set-up going...

Any news on being able to change verticle sensitivity separate from horizontal?

does the sensitivity get fucked when ads?

what guns are everyone running? car for now. having fun with the hemlock.

alternating between grapple and stim.

the 3 shot pistol shotgun is pretty fun

JaMarco

I think people upset about current cloak are a bit exaggerating, in the games I've played it hasn't been much of a problem. People camping on roofs, a problem in one map, but for the most part I think the game is impressively balanced. No matter what load out I do, I feel like I can do decent with it as long as I am not against a team of top players or something. If there is a change that should be made, I really dislike how Tone one shots pilots. It really feels like if I run into a tone, I'm dead because that rifle is really accurate, hit box for the bullet is decently big, and they point their reticle over me and I'm dead. Feels like there's nothing I can do if one sees me.
A 40mm shell should kill a pilot in one hit.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
rodeoing is easy, just not really useful...

Says you, I've killed a decent number of titans that way. Also, it's a good way to get a player to panic in a firefight, thus more likely to fuck up when fighting a friendly titan. Also battery to then help the friendly titan last longer. Rodeoing is amazing.

Cloak is just too effective. I play in Australia and Attrition is pretty much the only mode with people in it and there is no risk just cloaking and avoiding pilots to farm NPCs or worse cloaking indoors and remaining indoors for the entire game. People say cloak is ineffective, this is not true. Cloak campers basically make certain areas of the map unsafe and cloak movers are even worse because you can pretty much get randomly meleed at any point and any time.

No one uses any other pilot ability, the game is dominated by cloak and tone and some people try to be smart and pick a sonar loadout but a game of cat and mouse isn't Titanfall. It's boring.

KingV

rodeoing is easy, just not really useful...

Even if you get ganked after a rodeo it still builds a f-ton of titan meter. Stealing a battery gets you like 40% and dropping one in a titan gets you about the same. It can get you from zero to titan real quick.

Cloak is just too effective. I play in Australia and Attrition is pretty much the only mode with people in it and there is no risk just cloaking and avoiding pilots to farm NPCs or worse cloaking indoors and remaining indoors for the entire game. People say cloak is ineffective, this is not true. Cloak campers basically make certain areas of the map unsafe and cloak movers are even worse because you can pretty much get randomly meleed at any point and any time.

No one uses any other pilot ability, the game is dominated by cloak and tone and some people try to be smart and pick a sonar loadout but a game of cat and mouse isn't Titanfall. It's boring.
Would love to see thenumbers on pilot diversity. Pretty equal whenever i play on ps4.

Izuna

Banned
I tried so hard (to like this game)
And got so far (campaign was dope)
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

I had to fall (out and buy Overwatch)
To lose it all

But in the end
It doesn't even matter ('cause I'm playing Titanfall 2 anyway!)

Tb0ne07

A little confused on the rodeo mechanic. A couple of questions:

Does your HUD indicate if a targeted titan does not have a battery?

Also - Does the process of removing a titans battery, and then jumping back on and sending a grenade down the pipe always kill the titan? I thought this was the case but I've done it several times and it did not bring the titan down. If not, do we know how much damage it does? Will two nades always bring down a titan?

Often times I get the sound byte from the faction leader that I've completed one of those tasks but in actuality I was killed just before. Is this a known bug?

Naar

Also - Does the process of removing a titans battery, and then jumping back on and sending a grenade down the pipe always kill the titan? I thought this was the case but I've done it several times and it did not bring the titan down. If not, do we know how much damage it does? Will two nades always bring down a titan?

Often times I get the sound byte from the faction leader that I've completed one of those tasks but in actuality I was killed just before. Is this a known bug?

As long as the titan has a tiny bit of health then he has a battery. Even if the titan is doomed he still has a battery :)

Dropping the grenade is done only if you already have a battery and it takes away the same amount of health as if you stole a battery. Which is basically 1 bar of health

So basically pulling a battery/throwing a grenade in is the same thing damage wise

Nephtes

Bought the game on digital sale.
Everyone talking about how awesome rodeoing is is wrong.

It doesn't matter how useful it is... It doesn't feel as good as it did in Titanfall 1.

There's something very satisfying about popping the cover in TF1 on a Titan and spraying machinegun fire into the mess of wires and circuitry...

The battery's stealing nonsense in Titanfall 2 just doesn't elicit the same kind of feeling...

1. Titans always have batteries. Pilots however can only carry one battery at a time. i.e. if there are Pilots A and B and a Titan X, A can steal a battery from X, and B can steal a battery from X. When A already has a battery and jumps on X however they will do the grenade toss instead. This is regrettably not very clear and is a constant source of confusion.

2. Grenades do a fixed amount of damage, currently half of what a battery steal does. There is an exception in that Doomed Titans should always die from Rodeo, regardless of battery steal or grenade toss.

3. Sound bite thing is a known bug.

HelloMeow

I tried so hard (to like this game)
And got so far (campaign was dope)
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

I had to fall (out and buy Overwatch)
To lose it all

But in the end
It doesn't even matter ('cause I'm playing Titanfall 2 anyway!)

I tried so hard
To like this game
But with these maps
It doesn't even matter.

There are no walls
To run on

With these maps
It doesn't even matter.

:(

Tb0ne07

1. Titans always have batteries. Pilots however can only carry one battery at a time. i.e. if there are Pilots A and B and a Titan X, A can steal a battery from X, and B can steal a battery from X. When A already has a battery and jumps on X however they will do the grenade toss instead. This is regrettably not very clear and is a constant source of confusion.

2. Grenades do a fixed amount of damage, currently half of what a battery steal does. There is an exception in that Doomed Titans should always die from Rodeo, regardless of battery steal or grenade toss.

3. Sound bite thing is a known bug.

Thanks folks, I did not realize that. So theoretically assuming no other damage, you could have have x amount of unique pilots pull x amount of batteries out of a titan, where x is the number of health bars (that particular titan has) + 1 for doomed state?

Naar

Thanks folks, I did not realize that. So theoretically assuming no other damage, you could have have x amount of unique pilots pull x amount of batteries out of a titan, where x is the number of health bars (that particular titan has) + 1 for doomed state?

yes

Menitta

I just had the best fight with a Scorch. He calls it down and embarks. I grapple him, but he can see me, so I try to swing around and get behind him. I start wall running while grappled to him and I just keep swinging around him as he's moving. Finally I rodeo. Then rodeo again, called my Scorch, and flame shield to execution.

I'm gonna upload this if I have it recorded (pressed share a little late). This game is so fucking good.

E92 M3

That is simply not true and heavily exaggerated. I play a lot of Attrition and all abilities are represented. The immobile cloak campers are completely useless in Attrition. I would love to see actual numbers from Respawn.

Also assuming that the Titan in question doesn't have any health restored to it via a teammate installing a battery into it, yes, theoretically you can pull X batteries from it.

Bought the game on digital sale.
Everyone talking about how awesome rodeoing is is wrong.

It doesn't matter how useful it is... It doesn't feel as good as it did in Titanfall 1.

There's something very satisfying about popping the cover in TF1 on a Titan and spraying machinegun fire into the mess of wires and circuitry...

The battery's stealing nonsense in Titanfall 2 just doesn't elicit the same kind of feeling...

Agreed I hate the battery mechanic, I only do it to get the Titan charge as you petty much die straight away anyway

Top Bottom