• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

When an enemy is camping a flag/capture point with cloak i usually run holo pilot, my second favorite tactital after phaseshift. You get to grab the atention of the camper and to know his realtive position.

I don't find it that useful. Good players can tell a holo pilot from a player and while it can confuse sometimes I feel that it puts the encounter down to chance and I really don't like that. Sometimes they might fall for it, sometimes it offers no advantage at all and actively hinders you because it makes them aware of your immediate approach.
CTF is very competitive and you play with your boys, so I'm sure winning isn't an issue. Titanfall isn't an e-sports game - we're not having MLG tournaments. Extreme balance isn't fundamental. The reason this shooter is so fun because the individual can shine without having to rely on teamwork. For most people, cloak is not an OP ability - they can barely utilize it. The best players will make anything work.

This is a missconception, you don't need your game to be balanced to be an 'esports game', most esports titles polarise to certain gear / characters, or 'meta', so people asking for balance are not asking for esports, as this can exist with our without a balanced set of systems. I think that people want the game to be balanced because they would enjoy it more that way. In many instances it's not even a matter of balance, it's 'is this mechanic fun?' for me, that's why I don't like cloak and turrets. I think it's counterproductive to promoting a fast paced gameplay experience. I use amped damage all of the time but I think it's unfair, and unfun for the people I two-shot with an alternator at the other side of the screen.

Nothing matters when you have these garbage af maps

I think I lost two games today out of many. 1 was the first time jumping on in a while, and the last Attrition match we played. (we probably did like 12 in total).

I don't enjoy every game I win, let alone the ones I lose.

R1 and Overwatch, I almost don't care too much if I lose because it was so much fun and it's just an excuse to get back into playing it.

Personally I always have fun regardless of the map I play. There are some I like less than others, though I think people quitting out when they see a map they dislike are quite selfish, as their team mates are stuck with that experience, with an extra player missing.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. Thought this place was moving faster.

JaMarco

Yeah I think they should consider giving grapple to everybody. Otherwise its just useless and no reason to use it unless you can't use the movement system.

E92 M3

I don't find it that useful. Good players can tell a holo pilot from a player and while it can confuse sometimes I feel that it puts the encounter down to chance and I really don't like that. Sometimes they might fall for it, sometimes it offers no advantage at all and actively hinders you because it makes them aware of your immediate approach.

This is a missconception, you don't need your game to be balanced to be an 'esports game', most esports titles polarise to certain gear / characters, or 'meta', so people asking for balance are not asking for esports, as this can exist with our without a balanced set of systems. I think that people want the game to be balanced because they would enjoy it more that way. In many instances it's not even a matter of balance, it's 'is this mechanic fun?' for me, that's why I don't like cloak and turrets. I think it's counterproductive to promoting a fast paced gameplay experience. I use amped damage all of the time but I think it's unfair, and unfun for the people I two-shot with an alternator at the other side of the screen.

I think everyone should be having fun doing what they want - just like it was in MW2. Some folks like placing their easy-to-kill turrets, others like camping with hemlocks and cloaks. I like running around with SMGs. Right now, Titanfall allows players to express themselves. Is some stuff "unfair?" Sure, but that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. The better player always wins - but here is the catch that's not present in most other games:

Titanfall is fun win or lose. I've heard from so many people that even losing is fun. MW2 was one of my all-time favorite multiplayer shooters and Titanfall 2 is reaching that level. I have so many new builds that I want to try. And I think it's fully okay to have a couple things be OP. Let the beginners feel strong - there is nothing wrong with that.

My 2 rubles :p

Zemm

I think everyone should be having fun doing what they want - just like it was in MW2.

This makes no sense though because having fun doesn't happen soley from what you do, but also what others are doing. If half the enemy team are running around with dual 1887's then I'm not having fun, if half the team are running cloak then I'm not having fun. I don't even think cloak is overpowered, it's just not a fun ability to come up against, and it's not fun when half your own team are using cloaks because you know you're fucked before the game even begins.

I like the idea of grapple being a base ability for everyone.

E92 M3

This makes no sense though because having fun doesn't happen soley from what you do, but also what others are doing. If half the enemy team are running around with dual 1887's then I'm not having fun, if half the team are running cloak then I'm not having fun. I don't even think cloak is overpowered, it's just not a fun ability to come up against, and it's not fun when half your own team are using cloaks because you know you're fucked before the game even begins.

I like the idea of grapple being a base ability for everyone.

It makes sense because I'll be having fun doing something else. If people want to use 1887s - I don't care. That's just my personality. I understand most people aren't like that.

JaMarco

For the DLC update today hoping to see/hear about:

Angel City screenshots
Buffs for every Titan except Tone/Legion
New Maps and more remastered TF1 maps
More look/aim sensitivity controls
First person entering/exiting Titans and executions
Some weapons/tacticals balances
Pilot appearance customization
. Yeah right >_<

3DShovel

ooh, there's a DLC update today? Can't wait!

This is easily my favourite shooter of the last 2 gens. It's amazing. It's the only shooter I can play where I pretty much constantly have a smile on my face.

Not to shun Battlefield or Gears or anything, but those can be absolutely rage inducing at times. The former with BS deaths and having to run all the way back to the objective, and the latter with BS pretty much everything.

Everything is so polished here it's great. And yeah, I get the feedback on cloak -- could use some tweaks. Tone could use some tweaks too. But hey, no game is perfect. This one's pretty close, though.

Looking forward to the news today.

Zemm

Hoping for Ronin and Northstar (never played it so dunno for sure) buffs. Some ability tuning like cloak. Maps, maps and more maps. Better pilot customization (let us choose which model we show as). Boosts like Amped Weapons, battery etc coming off the global cooldown would be nice too.

E92 M3

I'd rather they drop the 3 day exclusive thing - no need for that. Everyone should experience the glory that is Angel City.

Gator86

Hoping for Ronin and Northstar (never played it so dunno for sure) buffs. Some ability tuning like cloak. Maps, maps and more maps. Better pilot customization (let us choose which model we show as). Boosts like Amped Weapons, battery etc coming off the global cooldown would be nice too.

Agreed with all this. Only slight buffs for Ronin are necessary though. Reaper collision detection has to go for titans as well.

E92 M3

What's your issue with battery? Everything else is fine.

Chris1

If it's a post detailing the future updates and not just Angel City I'd like

-Angel City trailer
-War Games announced as coming soon
-How many maps we will get over what period of time (and a statement that they are going back to Titanfall 1 style maps and ditching the 3 lane design for all future maps)
-Map selection between games
-Either remove Complex from rotation (please), or fix the titan spawns.
-An announcement of Frontier Defence and hopefully making it it's own thing fully fleshed out instead of being a playlist in MP.
-Some new modes (hoping for a kill confirmed type of mode) and removal of the lesser played modes
-Quick play option that puts you in the first game it can find, no matter the mode. Can probably replace the mixtape playlist aswell and should help with the less populated playlists.
-Fix up the mode selection screen to have it all on one page
-On release of Angel City, have an Angel City 24/7 playlist.
-Daily Challenges
-Stats
-Class Renaming

If it's a post detailing the future updates and not just Angel City I'd like

-Angel City trailer
-War Games announced as coming soon
-How many maps we will get over what period of time (and a statement that they are going back to Titanfall 1 style maps and ditching the 3 lane design for all future maps)
-Map selection between games
-Either remove Complex from rotation (please), or fix the titan spawns.
-An announcement of Frontier Defence and hopefully making it it's own thing fully fleshed out instead of being a playlist in MP.
-Some new modes (hoping for a kill confirmed type of mode) and removal of the lesser played modes
-Quick play option that puts you in the first game it can find, no matter the mode. Can probably replace the mixtape playlist aswell and should help with the less populated playlists.
-Fix up the mode selection screen to have it all on one page
-On release of Angel City, have an Angel City 24/7 playlist.
-Daily Challenges
-Stats
-Class Renaming
Class Renaming is in the game though.

mlclmtckr

Banned
I just finished the level with 'that button prompt' and holy shit this game. So good. The stuff with the prefab houses was amazing as well.

How is controller support on PC? I heard it has a console-like aim assist in MP? I think I'd rather stay on the gamepad after I finish the campaign.

Revas

It's funny to me that the people who are fine with cloak denigrate those who aren't by saying that they're only calling for a change because they can't beat cloak users. They then qualify their opinion of how cloak is fine by saying that they beat cloak users all the time :). I kill cloak users frequently because so many people are running it, but I still find it op. I think cloak functioned properly in the first game and didn't really need a buff. In a game with this low of a ttk, to be practically invisible for so long is a bit much. Thankfully Respawn agrees.

Zemm

What's your issue with battery? Everything else is fine.

Nothing. Activation boosts like amped and battery are on a global cooldown (like an ability in an MMO) which can often mean you activate amped weapons then an enemy turns the corner but you can't do anything because you still have the cooldown from activating it. On 75%+ boosts like amped weapons it can be really annoying losing it like that, even when you try to activate it in a safe place you never know if someone's going to turn that corner just at the wrong time. It's the amped weapon curse. There's no reason for the global cooldown. Basically pressing the boost ability button shouldn't stop you from shooting. It's not a huge thing but it's something I'd like to see changed.

BraXzy

What is the population count like on PC? Worldwide + specifically EU. Is there a site similar to BF1stats.com?

I'm considering double dipping on PC to play with some mates but if the population is dead it's probably not worth it.

E92 M3

It's funny to me that the people who are fine with cloak denigrate those who aren't by saying that they're only calling for a change because they can't beat cloak users. They then qualify their opinion of how cloak is fine by saying that they beat cloak users all the time :). I kill cloak users frequently because so many people are running it, but I still find it op. I think cloak functioned properly in the first game and didn't really need a buff. In a game with this low of a ttk, to be practically invisible for so long is a bit much. Thankfully Respawn agrees.

I don't make any personal attacks, but do acknowledge that it's very difficult for Respawn to keep everyone happy. I think cloak needs a slight duration decrease - not a massive overhaul which can lead to more people running phase shift. I'd rather fight a team of cloakers than phase shifters.

Nothing. Activation boosts like amped and battery are on a global cooldown (like an ability in an MMO) which can often mean you activate amped weapons then an enemy turns the corner but you can't do anything because you still have the cooldown from activating it. On 75%+ boosts like amped weapons it can be really annoying losing it like that, even when you try to activate it in a safe place you never know if someone's going to turn that corner just at the wrong time. It's the amped weapon curse. There's no reason for the global cooldown. Basically pressing the boost ability button shouldn't stop you from shooting. It's not a huge thing but it's something I'd like to see changed.

Ah I see - misunderstood you.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Just finished the campaign this morning. Might be my favorite FPS campaign I've ever played. I love how varied the gameplay was in each stage.

Cake Boss

Banned
Man I went to play COD4 IW and MW remastered using a friend's account, and it's quite amazing how the hit detection, the gun play and just the overall flow is straight up garbage compared to TF2.

I can't put my fingers on it, but for example when I go and put my sights on someone in COD games, there is a 50% chance I lose that gun battle even tho I have the jump on him/her and in their Kill can shows that they were the ones that shot first. In Titanfall 2, I can see why I didnt win all of the gun battles because it just makes sense, it's either my aiming wasn't right, the accuracy of my gun was off or whatever.

In the cod games, it's a lot of randomness that goes into whether you die or don't. I don't know if it's the hit detection or the hit box, or the lag or latency issues but it's not as smooth as this motherfucking game. GOTY 2016.

Now give me more maps and dlc!!

deoee

What is the population count like on PC? Worldwide + specifically EU. Is there a site similar to BF1stats.com?

I'm considering double dipping on PC to play with some mates but if the population is dead it's probably not worth it.

Ever day xD

They is no problem finding games in the popular modes like attrition, bh or mixtape, I don't know about ctf etc. If there is a lack of players late night you can just switch to us data centers.

Don't create a problem where there isn't one and enjoy the game :)

Tuffty

Playing single player on Master difficulty and I feel it's forcing me to play the game in a way that I don't want to. I thought the trade off to enemies being more accurate and damaging would be offset if you can confuse them by being faster and good at combining wall running, sliding etc into your movement around the level but as it turns out, I'm still getting hit fairly easily while wall running or sliding around. I'm often forced to hit the cloak button immediately when I'm hit and resort to cover and play it like COD which is not the game's strength as we know. The Titan combat does seem better though.

Rayme

It's shit like this that I hate:

pckri0H.gif

fucking... lag... I'm just chilling on his screen, but for me isn't looking my way.
...there's a grenade indicator on your screen for awhile, and it's the grenade explosion that kills you. =)

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

It's fine. From what I read, at least 3K to 6K everyday. For comparison, it's roughly better than Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (http://store.steampowered.com/stats/)

Ever day xD

They is no problem finding games in the popular modes like attrition, bh or mixtape, I don't know about ctf etc. If there is a lack of players late night you can just switch to us data centers.

Don't create a problem where there isn't one and enjoy the game :)

Yep. I see this question everyday here and on Reddit. Haha! If people just bought it, there wouldn't even be any question at all. Good thing is, the player base has stabilized. It's the same everyday now, which is good enough for me. On PS4, it's around 13-15K everyday, with the lowest I've seen it hit is around 7K. Not bad at all. I never wait long for any Attrition or Bounty Hunt matches.

Man I went to play COD4 IW and MW remastered using a friend's account, and it's quite amazing how the hit detection, the gun play and just the overall flow is straight up garbage compared to TF2.

I can't put my fingers on it, but for example when I go and put my sights on someone in COD games, there is a 50% chance I lose that gun battle even tho I have the jump on him/her and in their Kill can shows that they were the ones that shot first. In Titanfall 2, I can see why I didnt win all of the gun battles because it just makes sense, it's either my aiming wasn't right, the accuracy of my gun was off or whatever.

In the cod games, it's a lot of randomness that goes into whether you die or don't. I don't know if it's the hit detection or the hit box, or the lag or latency issues but it's not as smooth as this motherfucking game. GOTY 2016.

Now give me more maps and dlc!!

Ha! After playing the tech tests, I played BO3 once again and felt it was too slow and not fluid enough. I played BF1 and felt the same. Aiming, running, etc. didn't feel as fluid. xD
----

Just want to weigh in on this cloak thing. I get where people who think it's OP are coming from, but at the same time, I don't see it being that overpowered. It's kinda moot since we know Respawn is tweaking it, but tweak it too much and then it'll be useless.

I've been killed a few times with people running cloak and me having a hard time finding them due to the sunlight or them blending in with the skyline or something (Homestead and Exoplanet mostly), but I didn't really feel cheated since I feel that's what the ability is for. It's like complaining that Stim makes you move fast, no? :D

But again, I get where people are coming from and I can see Respawn putting in a longer cooldown, or making the flicker thing last longer for people firing their weapons.

Hit Gen4.22 and all I want are new maps, weapons, kits, Titans, etc. If Respawn keeps that DLC dripfeed maintained well enough, I could see myself hitting Gen10 and just playing this until well into next year until Mass Effect Andromeda MP hits. :D Well, that and alternate this with BF1.

Rayme

I too use Steady. Seems to be the best overall useable curve.

Glad you find it useful! It was the Default at the beginning of the Summer, but Classic edged it out for the final game.

Seems to have no acceleration. <3

It does; same as Classic. Just different shapes on the stick transform.

(If all goes according to plan, we should have a lot more advanced gamepad options for everyone soon. I know 98% won't care, but for the tweakers out there-!)

Well for all of my issues with the way they've changed up Titan combat...

The EPG is just god damn magical.

Nothing quite like playing Tribes when everyone else is playing COD.

Glad you find it useful! It was the Default at the beginning of the Summer, but Classic edged it out for the final game.

(If all goes according to plan, we should have a lot more advanced gamepad options for everyone soon. I know 98% won't care, but for the tweakers out there-!)

When is that update/dlc news dropping today?

ani_tyrone-biggums-scratch.gif~c200

Gator86

This is legit. Having those options is stellar, and potentially game saving for a lot of people. I loved halo 5, but the shit aiming never stopped feeling terrible so I had to quit playing it. I'm playing TF2 with just the defaults and those have felt so good I haven't even wanted to move them. I guess I should mess around with stuff more.

E92 M3

This is legit. Having those options is stellar, and potentially game saving for a lot of people. I loved halo 5, but the shit aiming never stopped feeling terrible so I had to quit playing it. I'm playing TF2 with just the defaults and those have felt so good I haven't even wanted to move them. I guess I should mess around with stuff more.

Halo 5 had a disastrous aiming model. I could never get used to it 100% and it played completely different from every other shooter on the market.

Strider

Halo 5 had a disastrous aiming model. I could never get used to it 100% and it played completely different from every other shooter on the market.

When I was playing Halo 5 daily it was fine... but once I started playing other shooters again and trying to balance them H5 felt like absolute dogshit. I seriously can no longer play it despite loving it (for the most part) at one point. It suffers from other non-gameplay issues too but I won't go there lol

Anyway I think adding more options for those that want them in Tit2 is good but I'll have no need to adjust anything and boy am I thankful for that....

Reebot

Anxiously awaiting your sick GameBattles or whatever the fuck you're on about then. I'd hate to break it to you, but Titanfall pretty much is pubs.

I'm using an ability to think about game mechanics and balance. No need to get so mad about that.

If you like cloak, use it. I don't care. If you hate it, keep complaining. I also don't care.

Doesn't change that its a terrible ability and the complaining is unwarranted.

If folk are really stumped by cloak, Titanfall 2 might not be the game for them.

Gator86

Accurate phrasing. It was fine for single player, but in MP, it was loathsome. I've never played anything like it. I've played games with no aim assist or bad controls and those have felt better. I can even throw in MCC for Halo 4 and nail headshots with every single bullet from across the map. I have no clue how you can fuck something like that up so badly.

Props to Respawn for having great feeling aiming with the default controls and tons of options for people who want more.

Top Bottom