• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I'm using an ability to think about game mechanics and balance. No need to get so mad about that.

If you like cloak, use it. I don't care. If you hate it, keep complaining. I also don't care.

Doesn't change that its a terrible ability and the complaining is unwarranted.

If folk are really stumped by cloak, Titanfall 2 might not be the game for them.
If you don't care then why are you posting about it at all? You're posting about it in an obviously confrontational way, so you can hardly be surprised if a response comes back with a little edge. As for your reasoning ability, you said "If a cloaked pilot kills you, you would have died anyway." which is patently absurd. Sure, sometimes that's the case. But if you want to contend that you've seen every single cloaked pilot the same as an uncloaked pilot, you're full of it. And to claim that as some kind of universal truth for all players is just completely asinine.

Halo 5 had a disastrous aiming model. I could never get used to it 100% and it played completely different from every other shooter on the market.

Because it has significantly lower aim assist than other console shooters. Plus the diagonal axis is a bit weird, to say the least. But it has completely customizable aiming controls now so it is really fine.

E92 M3

Accurate phrasing. It was fine for single player, but in MP, it was loathsome. I've never played anything like it. I've played games with no aim assist or bad controls and those have felt better. I can even throw in MCC for Halo 4 and nail headshots with every single bullet from across the map. I have no clue how you can fuck something like that up so badly.

Props to Respawn for having great feeling aiming with the default controls and tons of options for people who want more.

Yes, the game feels smooth as butter to play. They always nail the most important aspects of a shooter.

When I was playing Halo 5 daily it was fine... but once I started playing other shooters again and trying to balance them H5 felt like absolute dogshit. I seriously can no longer play it despite loving it (for the most part) at one point. It suffers from other non-gameplay issues too but I won't go there lol

Anyway I think adding more options for those that want them in Tit2 is good but I'll have no need to adjust anything and boy am I thankful for that....

Yeah, when I played daily it was "fine" too and was pretty good, but it never felt great. Also, I couldn't play other games or it would mess up my Halo 5 aim lol.

Because it has significantly lower aim assist than other console shooters. Plus the diagonal axis is a bit weird, to say the least. But it has completely customizable aiming controls now so it is really fine.

I don't think it has to do with AA - I've been playing shooters most of my gaming career and it was just wonky. Even with the new settings I couldn't get it to feel like the old Halo games.

Starting to get into the mp a bit more. I was using tone because she is easy to use but she is also really boring. Going to stick with ion and maybe try using scorch more. Way more interesting play style.

I just wish the maps were better. They simply range from OK to bad (crash site). I have all these wall running abilities and no where to use them in a lot of maps. I know they have to account for the titans but it feels a little too heavily in there favour on a lot of them.

If this was fixed i think i might actually be able to get hooked for a while on the game. I am having fun as it is though. Only lvl 8 so far so havnt played that much yet.

Although the uk servers are a bit quiet. Says 10k+ online but only 600-800 when searching for attrition (way less in other modes). Must mostly be in the US. Maybe i will try a US data server. Was seeing pings of around 120 so mighy not be too bad. I have played with a lot worse back in my youth.

E92 M3

The only thing that gets me a bit salty is getting killed around corners when I obviously escaped.

Never fails to rustle my jimmies.

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-2/

The first DLC drop will be on November 30, 2016 and it’s called Angel City’s Most Wanted. We’ll be going into more detail and showing it off closer to launch but here’s a high level look at the free content you’ll be getting:

Angel City’s Most Wanted [all content below will be FREE]:
-Angel City map: A fan favorite map from Titanfall 1 is reborn for Titanfall 2.
-Fans that pre-ordered Titanfall 2 will get access to the Angel City map starting on November 30. All other players will get access to the Angel City map starting on December 3rd.
-Wingman Elite Pistol
-Titan Kits: Get more customization for your Titan with these all new kits.
Ion: Split Shot
Tone: Preloader
Scorch: Backdraft
Legion: Powershot
Northstar: Threat Vision
Ronin: Doom Phase
-Pilot Execution [Phase Shift]
-Stats screen
-FAQ menu
-In-game store

It wasn't the lack of auto-aim, Halo 5 had the worst dead zones and acceleration of any shooter since maybe Perfect Dark Zero.

The update the released that allowed you to address those helped, but the tuning wasn't granular enough for my tastes. Would have preferred a slider to the .5 increases.

E92 M3

OMG I am so excited that we will be getting new abilities and what not. Also, I will definitely support Respawn by purchasing items in the store!

Gator86

All of that sounds great, especially the fact that it's coming so soon. Would have loved some patch hints or more perks for pilots/something to compete with dash core for the titans.

Their approach is terrific. Loot boxes are fucking shit. However, I'm not paying a dime for titan skins with new executions when those are fucking broken as hell. I've literally punched through entire doomed health bars and gotten jack shit for it.

dLMN8R

Oh wow, that's a nice surprise! I never even considered that titans might get new abilities and such. I was just expecting tweaks and new maps.

Toa TAK

Banned
Thank you Respawn for your implementation of an in-game store! No currency exchange is perfection, and having it all be cosmetic means a lot. I'm looking forward to the free content of course, but the description of TF2's in-game store is how it SHOULD be done. Bravo!

Tinúviel

In-game store:

In addition to the free stuff, we will be opening a store in game with the launch of DLC #1 that will allow you to purchase new skins, camo and Prime Titans if you want for a modest price. We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it. These in no way effect stats and are purely cosmetic. We will have two Prime Titans available at launch. They have new chassis and assassinations but function the exact same way as their original counterparts.

Angel City baby and finally fucking stats screen.

I wanted to play IW MP this weekend due to double xp their netcode is at disaster level the guy who shoots you has almost 2 sec advantage.Gotta love Respawn and Slothy this is how you make netcode.

Ken Adams

What's a Prime Titan?

vTy41MB.jpg

Cant wait for new scorch look.

KodaRuss

Update brings some solid info. I still never got any preorder code from Amazon I dont believe so I hope I dont miss out on the early launch of Angel City.

Great to see that they are releasing it ahead of schedule since they have always stated it was coming in December, so 1 DAY EARLY!

Azlan

Very glad to see some updates/DLC so quickly! I cannot get enough of the MP in this game. It has really dampened my enthusiasm for BF1 for the time being.

MastAndo

I'm thinking of scooping up Titanfall 2 on PC over PS4, primarily for the increased prettiness. How well does a controller work on the PC version of this in multiplayer? ..as in, are you at an immediately noticeable disadvantage, or is it level enough to still be enjoyable? I'm hardly the best FPS player with a controller, and don't really have a mouse and keyboard set up, so I was just wondering.

Top Bottom