• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

Patch notes coming. Lots of stuff in this one.

When?

8s5Fv.jpg

E92 M3

Awwww man. I was hoping they would keep the stats page away from the game. I really liked that they didnt even show KD in the game. :(

If it's anything like the last game, stats will be its own thing and scores during the game won't change what's displayed. I think it's real nice that they don't show deaths - keeps people focused on playing the mode instead of k/d farming.

Zemm

In addition to the free stuff, we will be opening a store in game with the launch of DLC #1 that will allow you to purchase new skins, camo and Prime Titans if you want for a modest price. We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it. These in no way effect stats and are purely cosmetic.

There's no reason to not allow people to buy these things with credits too. Also not a fan of the 3 day thing even though I'd qualify for it. Other than those two complaints, the rest looks really good.

KingV

I'm using an ability to think about game mechanics and balance. No need to get so mad about that.

If you like cloak, use it. I don't care. If you hate it, keep complaining. I also don't care.

Doesn't change that its a terrible ability and the complaining is unwarranted.

If folk are really stumped by cloak, Titanfall 2 might not be the game for them.

There is no absolute truth, except for maybe sometging derived from Respawns trove of match data.

E92 M3

I have more merits than I know what to do with. Will definitely buy the phase shift execution on day 1 though. If it's anything like I imagine, that shit will be badass.

Also, they should allow us to just have random executions be activated if we want.

Gator86

people are getting free content, maps and abilities and still are complaining about irrelevant paid colors and skins

By complaining you mean discussing something with some of the comments being things you don't potentially agree with? Gotcha.

And you can't hang free content over people's heads like that wasn't part of Respawn's pitch to try and entice people to buy a $60 launch product that's already cratered to less than $30. If I buy a product partly because of a great warranty policy, using that policy later isn't the company doing me a favor.

joecanada

I agree buying skins with credit would be good especially for people like me who have nothing to buy with credits. Even if it was a high amount, that would reward only your more active and loyal players although then we'd for sure hear about how bad it was to "grind" for skins. That's probably why they didn't bother

KodaRuss

I am really interested in the new Titan kits. Doom Phase for Ronin? Wonder what that is.

Hopefully he splits his sword in two and just turns into a windmill and destroys everything in his path until he explodes. Right guys?

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I would actually purchase this now

Agreed. But I'll just buy the Prime Titans à la carte. Those are the things that are exclusive right? The other stuff was more of an early access thing?

Edit: Oh, the warpaints too. Those don't look super exciting. But would consider the Deluxe upgrade were it available.

Patch notes coming. Lots of stuff in this one.

That tease! C'mon you should know better than to drop that without a timeframe. Need...notes....NOW!

By complaining you mean discussing something with some of the comments being things you don't potentially agree with? Gotcha.

And you can't hang free content over people's heads like that wasn't part of Respawn's pitch to try and entice people to buy a $60 launch product that's already cratered to less than $30. If I buy a product partly because of a great warranty policy, using that policy later isn't the company doing me a favor.

Sure, but these are ultimately skins and non gameplay content. They have to make their money through microtransactions, and theyre making a lot of content (seemingly) that is free and gameplay impacting

Why do people feel entitled to cosmetic dlc? I dont understand that. It doesnt hurt you at all and allows them to justify the free content which is undoubtedly the important stuff

Auctopus

Holy fucking shit. This game has the worst networking of any shooter this year.

I get to play one match every evening before I just get endless "Connection Timeout" errors. What a waste of a decent multiplayer component.

Ferny

I get to play one match every evening before I just get endless "Connection Timeout" errors. What a waste of a decent multiplayer component.

Not even close, but go on...

There's no reason to not allow people to buy these things with credits too. Also not a fan of the 3 day thing even though I'd qualify for it. Other than those two complaints, the rest looks really good.
They need to grab some extra cash elsewhere because of free dlc. If they do allow some with credits, it should be high priced so you really have to choose wisely. Ive already unlocked most of what i want and i suppose people are going to start stockpiling credits soon.

deoee

I'm sure it's on your end

E92 M3

Did you check your own network settings? The game has been running flawlessly for most people.

--

Another glitch: Whenever I open the camo page on Xbox, the game freezes for 20 seconds.

Zemm

Sure, but these are ultimately skins and non gameplay content. They have to make their money through microtransactions, and theyre making a lot of content (seemingly) that is free and gameplay impacting

Why do people feel entitled to cosmetic dlc? I dont understand that. It doesnt hurt you at all and allows them to justify the free content which is undoubtedly the important stuff

Well they shouldn't try and make it sound like they're doing us a favour by not allowing us to buy stuff with credits. Why exactly should they not let the people that play the game loads and loads buy the occasional Titan skin with some credits they have no use of anymore?

Gator86

Who claimed they are entitled to it? Even if someone did, there's no ironclad argument that cosmetics aren't a part of the game. Why do people care about art styles? Why are there a million shitty camos in the game right now? Why do people want to customize their characters? Pretending that stuff is somehow distinct and orthogonal from the "game" is silly. It's just an argument that's gained traction from people trying to explain why it's okay to charge for certain types of DLC.

Again, I said in my post I liked the way they were going about things. That said, the reason you won't be able to buy new stuff with credits is Respawn wants money. It's not some scathing criticism to say so.

FStop7

Banned

Uh... not sure what to say other than your experience is not the norm.

Rayme

There's no reason to not allow people to buy these things with credits too.

That can get real gross real fast though. Once there's any sort of conversion, how do you not automatically think "oh; so an hour of my time is worth $X to you, huh?".

I don't (personally) think it's an automatically-bad idea, but I'd be really really cautious. Credits are "pure" right now, but once it becomes "I could unlock the Flatline! ...or save up more for this $2 hat... and I don't want to be a sucker..." a lot of warning lights go up in my head.

These are all cosmetics; remember. Would be a much different conversation if this was gating-off access to gameplay. Because ewe.

[...] like that wasn't part of Respawn's pitch to try and entice people to buy a $60 launch product that's already cratered to less than $30. [...]
Holiday retailer sales are not the game "cratering". Hold your fire. ;)

Mupod

still probably going to give the game a rest until SLI support is in, which I'd imagine is in nvidia's hands by now. But I'd love to see them encourage some more variety in titans and weapons...too much SMG, not enough EPG-1.

Got boned for early access to the new map anyways. I went with Greenman this time since they listed EA as an official key provider, but they took away the preorder bonus from the store description when nobody was looking.

Who claimed they are entitled to it? Even if someone did, there's no ironclad argument that cosmetics aren't a part of the game. Why do people care about art styles? Why are there a million shitty camos in the game right now? Why do people want to customize their characters? Pretending that stuff is somehow distinct and orthogonal from the "game" is silly. It's just an argument that's gained traction from people trying to explain why it's okay to charge for certain types of DLC.

Again, I said in my post I liked the way they were going about things. That said, the reason you won't be able to buy new stuff with credits is Respawn wants money. It's not some scathing criticism to say so.
I think we can all agree this is a good model and they deserve that cosmetic $$$ for this great game

joecanada

I've played nearly every shooter this year and this is the only game that won't let me in to a single match without freezing.

It ain't. "Known issue" on Titanfall forums amongst others. Every other multiplayer game plays flawlessly for me.

If you're insinuating that cod this gen runs flawlessly and you never had issues with rainbow six either then I'm afraid I can't believe anything you say.

Tf2 is hands down the best servers of this gen. Switch servers .

Chris1

In addition to the free stuff, we will be opening a store in game with the launch of DLC #1 that will allow you to purchase new skins, camo and Prime Titans if you want for a modest price. We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it.

Respawn doing MTX right. Hopefully it works out for them financially.

Ferny

I guess the suspicions of post-launch microtransactions were correct. A shame, but I suppose no AAA games can exist without some form of post-launch monetization anymore.

Also, no talk of whether Respawn is planning on bringing back more R1 maps. Hopefully if the reception to Angel City is positive they'll make that happen.

There was no way they could live off just game sales when they were supporting the game that well otherwise. They need a way to bring in revenue.

Top Bottom