• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

On console i think the hierarchy goes

1. 201/volt
  2. G2a/hemlock
  3. Car/devotion
  4. Alternator/Flatline

On some maps those will change such as homestead making g2a/hemlock above 201/volt, but i think this list is consistent.

Softball is a beastly weapon though, it may even deserve a spot somewhere between CAR/devotion.

Why do I hate the Volt so much lol? Can't go away from the Alt.

E92 M3

3 shots means you eat instant rockets afterwards and the core is half charged.

I don't see why tone need this. Should have given her the Northstar one

Ah, somehow I missed that. Interesting - I've always preferred the single shot.

the volt utterly destroys the alternator. the volt is so ridiculous it's banned from PC tourny play.

Hmm, that's interesting. I've been having a lot of success with the Alt.

Volt is just super stable long range, I can control it way more than the Alternator :D

Does it have a vertical recoil pattern?

I want Trump and Bernie.

And that Not-Arnold, but sounds like him guy from the Campaign.

That'd be funny, but I'd settle for Russian or Japanese voice packs lol

Iscariot

On console i think the hierarchy goes

1. 201/volt
  2. G2a/hemlock
  3. Car/devotion
  4. Alternator/Flatline

On some maps those will change such as homestead making g2a/hemlock above 201/volt, but i think this list is consistent.

Softball is a beastly weapon though, it may even deserve a spot somewhere between CAR/devotion.

Softball and EPG are fun as hell, but I see their value greatly diminish heavily vs highly mobile pilots on PC, is there some aim assist mojo with the softball? (I could simply be shit with it too)

dankir

Very fucking cool! So good there are new kits coming I knew they wouldn't dissapoint.

I'm going to be playing this motherfucker for a long ass time!!

SwolBro

Banned
Softball and EPG are fun as hell, but I see their value greatly diminish heavily vs highly mobile pilots on PC, is there some aim assist mojo with the softball? (I could simply be shit with it too)

2 softball shots kills a pilot easily. you just have to be above them most of the time, gotta do that top notch parkour mobility.

ockboHCpaEBpu.gif

Mupod

Pretty strange seeing people complain about microtransactions even though we're getting actual game content for free and not just cosmetics. Do people expect the devs to just keeping working on a game without any sort of revenue?

I take it you never saw Overwatch threads during the summer event.

Well that's the campaign done. Really good
Second best this year of its kind. Best goes to doom.

DLC news is good. Rather have game prices stay stable, free DLC and have things like skins purchasable. With how much games cost you gotta give em sone way to make money. I only dont like RNG skin boxes but this is straight up buy what you want so im cool with that.

FStop7

Banned
Why do people feel entitled to cosmetic dlc? I dont understand that. It doesnt hurt you at all and allows them to justify the free content which is undoubtedly the important stuff

All that guy wants to do is bitch and insult people. If he's not bitching about Cloak he's bitching about DLC or whatever. I quit this thread because of how grating it is then I decided that was the wrong move and it's better to just use the forum's ignore function.

Auctopus

If you're insinuating that cod this gen runs flawlessly and you never had issues with rainbow six either then I'm afraid I can't believe anything you say.

Tf2 is hands down the best servers of this gen. Switch servers .

Haven't played IW which is why I said "nearly" but Black Ops 3 this gen was absolutely fine and whilst Siege has had its share of issues, at least it actually lets me play the game so it's more than fair that I call this the worst. Also, if you give it a quick Google, you'll see it's affecting a vast amount of players but I suppose it's the typical GAF drive-by "if it's not happening to me, it's not happening at all." posting attitude.

KingV

So how bad am I going to get slaughtered in multi if I just start playing this tonight lol.

Nice thing about this game is that its well balanced for getting slaughtered. You can respawn instantly, and still kill stuff and get titans while getting wrecked.

Some of my highest scoring games i felt like i was dying every 5 seconds, actually.

There are some rage inducing deaths (like getting killed by turrets or people cloak canping the bank) but overall its less frustrating than getting wrecked in say Halo.

E92 M3

Softball looks fun - I should experiment with builds.

I don't know, it's incredible. It may be just barely under the alternator at close range but it has literally double the range/accuracy.

On paper it seems better, but I guess it's best to not change what's broken. Might give it another go this weekend.

Depends how powershot works. Do you get two blasts for each shot or is it just a second use with its own separate power up?
Well charges usually mean you fire it once expending one charge, then you can fire it again at a separate time expending the second charge. The first charge can recharge during that time in between the first and second charge firing. It is similar to how stuff like Phase Shift for pilots work.

EPG has a place but it really hurts when people are just camping on roof tops or long sight-line maps.

Rayme

It's kind of weird to see a dev also leaning into the cosmetics aren't part of a game thing. I get the reasoning and the reasons why people use it, but it's odd to hear coming from a content creator. Are the people on the art team not helping make the game? Are cosmetics not an integral component of the game? The weird dichotomy that people throw out to justify the business side is odd when you just look at things from the game end of it.

I don't mean that they're not a real, valued part of the game. But having them (or not) won't ever decide a match or leave an engagement unbalanced. If you see someone with a cool gold skin and think "oh I might want that", that's healthy. If you see them with a Super Flatline With Infinite Missiles Only $3 This Weekend Act Now, you'd throw that stupid game away. ;)

...also, and more realistically; this being a competitive MP game, it's already a giant and ongoing challenge to balance weapons, abilities, and titans in this game. Once there's an artificial line between "stock" weapons and "paid" ones... oh god. You'll have someone screaming that the Black Diamond Kraber does less damage to titans than the SMR, and you explain that yes but it's balanced by WELL FUCK YOU I PAID MONEY FOR IT DON'T TELL ME WHY YOU BROKE IT. #_#

So. If we went crazy and offered the Glorious Amazing Tone Gold paint job for $500 today... okay, that's dumb, and Respawn what are you doing, but at least it wouldn't ever come anywhere near MP's precious ecosystem.

Keep up the good work. People wouldn't care to discuss any of these things if they didn't enjoy the game a ton in the first place.

Totally; and I appreciate that to embarrassing Zach-Braff-ian degrees. =)

Hari Seldon

Nice thing about this game is that its well balanced for getting slaughtered. You can respawn instantly, and still kill stuff and get titans while getting wrecked.

Some of my highest scoring games i felt like i was dying every 5 seconds, actually.

There are some rage inducing deaths (like getting killed by turrets or people cloak canping the bank) but overall its less frustrating than getting wrecked in say Halo.

Ok sounds good haha.

Gator86

I don't mean that they're not a real, valued part of the game. But having them (or not) won't ever decide a match or leave an engagement unbalanced. If you see someone with a cool gold skin and think "oh I might want that", that's healthy. If you see them with a Super Flatline With Infinite Missiles Only $3 This Weekend Act Now, you'd throw that stupid game away. ;)

...also, and more realistically; this being a competitive MP game, it's already a giant and ongoing challenge to balance weapons, abilities, and titans in this game. Once there's an artificial line between "stock" weapons and "paid" ones... oh god. You'll have someone screaming that the Black Diamond Kraber does less damage to titans than the SMR, and you explain that yes but it's balanced by WELL FUCK YOU I PAID MONEY FOR IT DON'T TELL ME WHY YOU BROKE IT. #_#

So. If we went crazy and offered the Glorious Amazing Tone Gold paint job for $500 today... okay, that's dumb, and Respawn what are you doing, but at least it wouldn't ever come anywhere near MP's precious ecosystem.

All totally fair points. I definitely agree about not letting purchases encroach on the game like we're seeing with Infinite Warfare. It's cool to see dev thoughts on the whole "cosmetics are fine" DLC conversation.

I keep thinking I'm going to burn out on the game, but then get excited to play another round even though I've sunk more time into this than anything else this year. Ready to see those patch notes.

KodaRuss

I think everyone on this forum gets it in regards to Cosmetic Paid Micro-transactions except for a few people that want to complain about everything. Keep up the good work and thanks for the interaction.

Now just tell us when the patch notes will drop!

Izuna

Banned
Xbox TitanGAF. I'mma get some MaccyD's (I deserve it, I forgot to eat)

and y'all will play with me

new GT: NNNNGGGHHHAAAA

Do you have a video?

I have no idea what's happening in this low-res, super quick, dark and noisy gif.

He phase shifted into a Pilot and own the game

Zemm

People complaining about paid cosmetics shouldn't even be happening.

We are supposed to be better than this.

I don't see anyone complaining about the actual paid DLC, more that you can't also use credits to buy the occasional one or two. I mean it's going to be the hardcore of the hardcore that plays the game every day building up the credits, not like they'd be giving out the cosmetics to everyone, or even the majority.

Tosyn_88

After not playing for a while, jumped back in and boy Ronin is still bae. After learning the are wave stunned Titans, I put on double arc wave so now I literally just go toe to toe with everyone

No Love

Banned

We'll buy everything. Just keep making content for this phenomenonal game.

I don't see anyone complaining about the actual paid DLC, more that you can't also use credits to buy the occasional one or two. I mean it's going to be the hardcore of the hardcore that plays the game every day building up the credits, not like they'd be giving out the cosmetics to everyone, or even the majority.

The hardcore are also the ones more likely to support the game or want those skins

Just because they play a lot doesnt mean they should get a free skin or two when those skins are considered premium enough to cost money

I dont see any reason why they should give away paid content on top of free gameplay content and Ill never understand why it's these games that get the brunt of this criticism (see also Siege)

Meanwhile, games lile COD charge you for maps, hurt the community and playlists, and then charge for weapons and rng crates on top of that.

Algebrah

I just picked this up last night and I am super excited to jump in. Looking for some advice here, what Titan would you all recommend and why is it Tone?

KodaRuss

I played a little Siege last night for the new patch/content and my god I felt so slow compared to this game. Especially the 3 armor operators.

I had a really tough time adjusting. It is always hard for me two move between two different FPS MP games at the same time.

Everything just feels so smooth and fluid in TF2, I love it.

KodaRuss

I just picked this up last night and I am super excited to jump in. Looking for some advice here, what Titan would you all recommend and why is it Tone?

She is by far the easiest to get a handle on the mechanics. You have the best defensive ability and probably the best core ability as her.

Hit something three times, fire rockets to do more dps and you have a sonar pulse to locate enemies behind cover.

Calderc

There's no real learning curve to Tone. Just stand and bang, with good offensive and defensive capabilities.

E92 M3

There's no real learning curve to Tone. Just stand and bang, with good offensive and defensive capabilities.

That's what I call an easy kill ;). Tone is very easy to play with, but it takes work to fully understand how to use her and be efficient (like with all Titans).

Top Bottom